PDA

View Full Version : 09 Cars, Teams & Drivers

Pages : [1] 2

Sulland
3rd September 2008, 20:11
We are now starting to see the contours of how 09 will look like. If 08 has been good, 09 look even better at least on paper.

Cars:

Abarth Grande Punto
Peugeot 207
Skoda Fabia
Volkswagen Polo
MG
Proton
Opel

Maybe;
Suzuki
Toyota
Renault
Citroen
Ford

Teams:
"Factory" teams from
Abarth
Pug
Skoda

Maybe
VW
Proton
Opel

Other teams and drivers I have no idea.

More ?

Mirek
3rd September 2008, 20:46
I think there won't be real factory team for Škoda. Only "half works" CRT Kopecký.

Probably Jaromír Tarabus will do IRC rallys next year in Punto S2000.

Tom206wrc
3rd September 2008, 22:02
And Belgian Patrick Snijers in full IRC season with Kronos/Vergokan 207 S2000 ??? :D

mousti
4th September 2008, 00:38
And Belgian Patrick Snijers in full IRC season with Kronos/Vergokan 207 S2000 ??? :D
I think it'll be more a GeKo 207

4th September 2008, 05:32
runescape (http://www.runescape2gold.net)maple story (http://www.mesos-maple.com)maple story mesos (http://www.mesos-maple.com)runescape gold (http://www.runescapegold.us)runescape money (http://www.runescape2gold.net)welcome to http://www.runescape2gold.net to buy runescape money.

Sulland
4th September 2008, 07:51

So he preferred that more than to continue with the 911 ?

Cool. Nice to have more groups than the up and coming represented in IRC !

Sulland
4th September 2008, 22:35
]I think there won't be real factory team for Škoda. Only "half works" CRT Kopecký.

Probably Jaromír Tarabus will do IRC rallys next year in Punto S2000.

Anyone else that has said they will drive a Fabia next year, either in the Kopecky team or other teams or drivers ?

Mirek
4th September 2008, 22:46
As fas as I know more than 10 cars are in negotiations. But we must wait ;)

For sure Mathias Kahle in Germany. For example Prokop or Turi are possible but it is too soon...

urabus-denoS2000
4th September 2008, 23:22
Tamas Turi will probably drive a Škoda Fabia S2000 next year

teufel
5th September 2008, 09:48
Tamas Turi will probably drive a Škoda Fabia S2000 next year

It's fully unsure 'til the first SS of 2009...

HaCo
5th September 2008, 14:51
It's fully unsure 'til the first SS of 2009...

Yep, exactly, like very year. :)

Abarth
5th September 2008, 19:49
What about the Polo armada from Rene Geoges Rally Sport. Any plans for them for a full IRC season ?

Hanninen in this one would surprise a lot of people !

RS
5th September 2008, 20:52
What about the Polo armada from Rene Geoges Rally Sport. Any plans for them for a full IRC season ?

Hanninen in this one would surprise a lot of people !

There is a rumour Skoda are interested in Hanninen.

Mirek
5th September 2008, 20:55
I don't think it's true as I don't suppose there will be any factory team except half-works CRT Kopecký. But of course they are interested in any possible customer...

Wim_Impreza
5th September 2008, 22:32

No Tom, Patrick Snijers will drive 5 IRC events in 2009 with 207 S2000 from Kronos. Probably it will be Ypres (off course), Madeira, Barum, Valais and another round.

@ Sulland: Snijers will normally not drive anymore in his Porsche in the Belgian Rally Championship, but there are rumours that he will drive a Subaru Impreza WRC for a full Belgian Rally Championship in 2009 (in Ypres with the Peugeot 207 S2000 as WRC's are not allowed there).

Madeira
6th September 2008, 00:08
]I don't think it's true as I don't suppose there will be any factory team except half-works CRT Kopecký. But of course they are interested in any possible customer...

Maybe BRR which boss as you know is Raimund Baumschlager..there are some rumours that Andreas Aigner and Bernardo Sousa will test the EVO X and the Fabia S2000 in order to make a choose to the future of this team...

Mirek
6th September 2008, 01:06
Madeira: Yes, Baumschalger's RedBull team is possible customer but that depends on many things. One of them could be Aigner with C4 WRC ;)

RS
6th September 2008, 06:54
]I don't think it's true as I don't suppose there will be any factory team except half-works CRT Kopecký. But of course they are interested in any possible customer...

I would consider CRT-Kopecky as a virtual works team like Kronos Peugeot... and I would be very happy with it to seeing the excellent job they did with the Fabia WRC.

But even if that is the case do you not think Skoda might provide some funding for a second car?

katxal
8th September 2008, 22:23
Ojeda is trying to find budget for a full IRC season in 2009

Tom206wrc
9th September 2008, 12:12
Ojeda deserves it after his 2007 successfull campaign ;)

Madeira
10th September 2008, 00:21
Ojeda deserves it after his 2007 successfull campaign ;)

But he needs to show a little bit more of speed to convince me...

Tom206wrc
10th September 2008, 08:46
It looks like Madeira driver Bernardo Sousa will test the Fabia S2000...for a 2009 IRC program/PWRC ??? :confused:

Mirek
10th September 2008, 11:11
PWRC, he will choose either Evo X or Fabia. see news and rumour thread.

Another driver to test Fabia soon is Portugese Pedro Meireles.

Tom206wrc
10th September 2008, 13:46
Thanks Mirek... ;)

If Sousa chose the Fabia I wonder how the car will behave for the first time with Pirellis :mark:

c4
11th September 2008, 17:05
Stuart Jones plans to contest 09 series in MG
http://rallybuzz.stagetimes.com/stuart-jones-plans-to-contest-irc-2009/

HaCo
14th September 2008, 10:27
Will put this here:

Gareth MacHale may be in the IRC next year in an Opel Corsa S2000 though nothing confirmed. The MacHale's are believed to have been involved with MSD and the development of the car.

;)

M5
21st September 2008, 19:42
I really hope a topdriver see the potential of the Polo, and gets together a budget for IRC 09.

How does it look Imperatore/GTA ?

PLuto
22nd September 2008, 20:16
Me too. I was trying to join Tomas Kostka with Polo to Barum 2008, but I wasnt succesfull...

CEORacingLions
9th October 2008, 22:14
Somebody knows why Kronos have their cars for sale ? And Rene ?

Luis Pacheco
9th October 2008, 22:22
Maybe Rene Georges will change to the Skoda.

CEORacingLions
9th October 2008, 23:08
Yeah Luis. It's what i think. Thank You.

And about Kronos ? is only for "cash flow" ?

Mirek
9th October 2008, 23:20
Those two Polos should be VYH-532 and YEP-767. There is at least one new car VQJ-171. I realy don't think they'll switch to another car. I think they just try to sell these cars and to use new ones in next season. The same about Kronos.

CEORacingLions
9th October 2008, 23:22
Ok. Thank You Mirek :)

Sulland
11th October 2008, 23:03
I also think they are changing to new, unused chassis both teams.

What is the deal drivers gets with Kronos and Abarth - do all of them pay, are they driving for free or do some get paid to drive ?

Wim_Impreza
12th October 2008, 11:53
]Those two Polos should be VYH-532 and YEP-767. There is at least one new car VQJ-171. I realy don't think they'll switch to another car. I think they just try to sell these cars and to use new ones in next season. The same about Kronos.

You are right, Mirek. :)

Wim_Impreza
12th October 2008, 11:55
What is the deal drivers gets with Kronos and Abarth - do all of them pay, are they driving for free or do some get paid to drive ?

I know Vouilloz and Loix are paid to drive and I think it is the same with Basso.

Tom206wrc
12th October 2008, 14:17
Maybe Rene Georges will change to the Skoda.

I guess D'Iteren the VW belgian importer wouldn't be angry by the desision provide the car stays in the group(VAG) :p :

Sulland
12th October 2008, 18:37
Will Abarth change from Sadev to Xtrack box for 09 ?

The two latest rallies has shown that Abarth has the pace to compete with Pug, have they done anything to improve, and what is in the pipeline for 09 ?

I hope Fabia will be right up there from the start, so we at least have 3 that are capable of winning.

Hopefully Imperatore are able to get a top driver for the Polo, since I think that one has the winning pace in the right hands.

15 Auris kits are said to have been sold to europe, and that one has shown good pace in Aus and RSA.

The newcomers will have to get some time to develop and test. It is not easy to take on cars that are developed by factories - but S2000 should give them the chance, being simpler than a WRC.

But with a potential of 11 different cars for competition in IRC it will be fun, much more fun than WRC !!

RS
12th October 2008, 20:39
I think Abarth need to consider dropping Alen or running three cars in 2009 if they want to mount a serious manufacturers championship challenge. Unfortunately Abarth do not have any really strong privateers to rely upon like Peugeot do.

Wim_Impreza
12th October 2008, 21:51
It should be nice if Travaglia can do a full IRC campaign as a factory Fiat driver with Basso. :)

Mirek
12th October 2008, 23:11
Sulland: Yes, Abarth changes for X-Trac since 2009.

RS: Agree with Alen. Unfortunately he is not fast enough :(

pantealex
13th October 2008, 13:32
I think that Alen is fast enough in gravel, but not in tarmac.
Just watch his ss-times in gravel rallies, he is usually the fastest punto driver.

Mirek
13th October 2008, 14:21
But that's problem because IRC has many tarmac rallys and serious championship contender can't afford not to score points on tarmac...

Sulland
13th October 2008, 19:02
I think Abarth need to consider dropping Alen or running three cars in 2009 if they want to mount a serious manufacturers championship challenge. Unfortunately Abarth do not have any really strong privateers to rely upon like Peugeot do.

Privateers will of course always buy the best car, and last- and this year, until recently the 207 has been on top.

Hopefully this will change in 09, Skoda for one looks strong !!

RS
13th October 2008, 21:30
Privateers will of course always buy the best car, and last- and this year, until recently the 207 has been on top.

Hopefully this will change in 09, Skoda for one looks strong !!

Basso has been doing some good advertising for the Punto recently :)

The Skoda looks very strong, I hope the drivers will be too.

I would be sad to see Alen go from IRC, but I think it would be a sensbile choice to have him as a third driver. Of course we haven't seen the 2009 IRC calendar yet, but I am sure it will still have a lot of tarmac.

Tom206wrc
14th October 2008, 10:42
Can't wait to see the Proton between the hands of Bouffier this week-end !!! If the car is strong, no doubt there will be customers for it at IRC09 ;)

Sulland
14th October 2008, 19:52
If it drives as well as it looks, it will be fast !!! ;)

Sulland
26th October 2008, 18:50
So what is already decided for 2009 ?

Abarth will continue with 2 or 3 cars
What other teams and drivers will do a full IRC in 09 with Abarth ?

Peugeot: Kronos will continue in 09.
What other teams and drivers will do a full IRC in 09 with Pug?

Skoda: Will do full IRC with two car team ?
What other teams and drivers will do a full IRC in 09 with Skoda ?

MG: Hopefully one or more Brit will do a full IRC season ?
What other teams and drivers will do a full IRC in 09 with MG?

VW: Will somebody dare to take a full IRC season in the competitive Polo?

Proton: ??

Opel/Vauxhall: ??

Toyota: ??

Others: ??

2WD:
What will happen on the 2WD side, this cup could be very interesting, if promoted enough. Feel that in 08 it has been very much in the shadows.

Maybe they should have a Diesel Cup as part of the 2WD cup ?

09 looks to be very good, if all manufacturers are able to get represented, and being able to match the Peugeot armada !!

Other teams/cars or news ?

FAlonso
27th October 2008, 22:57
Peugeot Portugal are trying to set up a 9 rally program in the IRC (all the european rounds) for Bruno Magalhăes. But nothing is confirmed yet. Decisions are likely to be made around the 1st or 2nd week in December.
I really hope they can get the sponsorship to do this. Bruno and the team really deserve this opportunity, in my view.

Tom206wrc
29th October 2008, 10:02
Is 100% official Kronos to continue in IRC09 ??? :confused:

wwbroe
29th October 2008, 11:14
Is 100% official Kronos to continue in IRC09 ??? :confused:

I think it is never 100% sure Tom, but the chances they are continuing in IRC in 2009 are pretty high i guess. ;)

Tom206wrc
29th October 2008, 11:56
Ok ;)

But it looks like Fast Freddy will change activity next year(rally-raid/Dakar me thinks)what belgian driver would replace him at Kronos ?? Patrick Snijers ?? :confused:

wwbroe
29th October 2008, 12:47
Ok ;)

But it looks like Fast Freddy will change activity next year(rally-raid/Dakar me thinks)what belgian driver would replace him at Kronos ?? Patrick Snijers ?? :confused:

The fact that Freddy will probably do Dakar, has nothing to do with him competing in IRC championship next year. I know for sure that he has deal with team for Dakar that they will let him do Monte Carlo if he needs to. ;)

Buzz Lightyear
29th October 2008, 14:04
Ok ;)

Why does it have to be belgian?

Tom206wrc
29th October 2008, 14:43
Why does it have to be belgian?

Generally a team chose at least one driver from its country, no ??? :confused:

OK Peugeot Poland was an exception with Bouffier though... :p :

farquar wrc
30th October 2008, 09:57
Kris Meeke is very close to a deal,he has been in talks with Red Bull who are very keen and we know Kronos rate him very highly,he would also be a very good replacement for Alen

AndyRAC
30th October 2008, 10:10
Kris Meeke is very close to a deal,he has been in talks with Red Bull who are very keen and we know Kronos rate him very highly,he would also be a very good replacement for Alen

But Alen drives for Abarth.
But, yes it would be good for Meeke to get a drive in the IRC, and Britain needs a driver in the series. Also, would Peugeot UK help with the finance?
Finally, Bouffier is also linked with the Proton drive as well.......

...all very interesting.

Pinto
30th October 2008, 15:07
meeke has also been in talks with fiat

wwbroe
30th October 2008, 15:45
It would be great if Meeke could make a deal for IRC, i have always loved his driving style and commitment. Hope it come's true, with whatever team, that doesn't matter too much. ;)

Mirek
30th October 2008, 15:46
I agree but to tell the truth I would prefere him not to drive Peugeot because we need fast drivers behind wheels of other cars. But anyway it would be great to see him in IRC!

AndyRAC
30th October 2008, 15:48
meeke has also been in talks with fiat

Good news, he is certainly capable of taking the fight to Peugeot, here's hoping!!

wwbroe
2nd November 2008, 16:58
Marc Van Dalen of Kronos racing, comfirmed that they are close to make a deal to run at least two Pugs next year in IRC championship. He also says he sees no reason why they would change the team as Vouilloz and Loix formed a very homogene team this year. ;)

wwbroe
9th November 2008, 18:46
According to Belgian website pitstop.tv Kronos will continu preparing the cars for Peugeot Belgium-Luxemburg and will take part in next year's IRC championship with the same drivers, namely Loix and Vouilloz. That is what they call never change a winning team. :D

alpinestar
9th November 2008, 19:11
You can read the article here:

http://www.pitstoptv.info/pitstop/?p=6311

Good news!

Tom206wrc
10th November 2008, 10:36
Good news ;)

HaCo
10th November 2008, 13:40
This I found in an interview with Duval:

Je ne veux plus rouler en semi-pro. Sans ętre payé. Si Skoda me propose un programme en IRC en pro, alors oui.

What he says is that he doesn't want to drive any more without being paid for it, and so if Skoda offers him a paid in IRC next year, he will do it. :)

http://www.dhnet.be/sports/moteurs/article/231059/duval-cela-fait-reflechir.html

Mirek
10th November 2008, 19:51
I doubt this may happen...

HaCo
10th November 2008, 20:40
]I doubt this may happen...
Don't know. VW has stopped funding the Belgian VW Polo, maybe it may support Duval in an international championship?

Mirek
10th November 2008, 20:44
Who knows but I don't think Škoda will pay more drivers than Kopecký.

RS
10th November 2008, 21:44
Duval was very specific in his comments in mentioning Skoda and IRC, therefore I presume some talks have certainly taken place. If Skoda want to be in with a chance of the manufacturers title they will need more than just Kopecky.

Mirek
10th November 2008, 22:08
Maybe he has some talks to Skoda Belgium importer to pay that...

Tom206wrc
10th November 2008, 23:02
]Who knows but I don't think Škoda will pay more drivers than Kopecký.

But therefore Gilles Panizzi had a test with the car too :confused:

And what about Portuguese/Madeira Bernardo Sousa I thought he wanted to drive a Fabia S2000 too(in Pwrc, not IRC though) :confused:

Mirek
10th November 2008, 23:09
Customer is not paid by manufacturer usualy...

HaCo
11th November 2008, 10:07
There is probably a difference between an official team and a private ran team. (Although in WRC apparantly not allways, even in official teams drivers have to carry money with them)

karlzoro
11th November 2008, 13:18
]Maybe he has some talks to Skoda Belgium importer to pay that...

that's possible..a Czech car in a Belgian team, Belgian driver & Belgian Skoada support...who knows???

karlzoro
11th November 2008, 13:22
]Maybe he has some talks to Skoda Belgium importer to pay that...

that's possible..a Czech car in a Belgian team, Belgian driver & Belgian Skoda support...who knows???

wwbroe
11th November 2008, 14:02
I know that Belgian Skoda importer is only interested in the Belgian championship, not in IRC runs outside Belgium. ;)

RS
11th November 2008, 15:06
Skoda Belgium previously paid towards Duval's WRC programme with First Motorsport though.

I would think that if Skoda Belgium were to pay Duval's wages, and Skoda Motorsport provide the car, this would be a good solution for all :)

GTA
16th November 2008, 12:16
Don't know. VW has stopped funding the Belgian VW Polo, maybe it may support Duval in an international championship?

it is the Belgian VW Club that stops with the Polo in Belgium.. it is not that VW stopped funding the Polo!!. there are more countrys in the world that can / will see a Polo drive... and its still possible to see a Polo in the 2009 Belgian championship.

Sulland
16th November 2008, 15:11
Good to hear from you Imperatore, and to see that the ultracool Polo still will be used in Europe !

How is it going with the sale to Mr Danneborg, will it still happen ?

When we talked you mentioned that VW Finland had shown interest, is anything being planned here ?

PLuto
18th November 2008, 15:41
Juho Hänninen received offer from Skoda for second car in IRC 2009 - http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=7621

PLuto
18th November 2008, 15:49
Franz Wittmann will race in IRC 2009 with Lancer Evo IX http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=7622

RS
18th November 2008, 16:13
Franz Wittmann will race in IRC 2009 with Lancer Evo IX http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=7622

Run by Stohl's team? It would be nice to see Manfred driving too..

PLuto
18th November 2008, 16:14
Run by Stohl's team? It would be nice to see Manfred driving too..

It is team by Stohl Racing, it doesnt means that Manfred Stohl will start in IRC.

RS
18th November 2008, 16:17
It is team by Stohl Racing, it doesnt means that Manfred Stohl will start in IRC.

I know, but if his team is there already he may as well come too :)

RS
18th November 2008, 16:17
Juho Hänninen received offer from Skoda for second car in IRC 2009 - http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=7621

Whether Hanninen takes the drive or not, I am encouraged that Skoda have been talking to and testing "proper" drivers such as Hanninen, Panizzi and Duval.

Tom206wrc
20th November 2008, 14:05
This week's Auto-Hebdo magazine announces Kris Meeke with a 207 S2000 in IRC09...are their information true ??? :confused:

Tom206wrc
20th November 2008, 14:07
By the way, we can add in this thread there will be 5 other drivers running under the Kronos/BFGoodrich colours during the 2009 IRC campaign :D

And first of all at the Rallye Monte-Carlo, this should be a french driver ;)

wwbroe
20th November 2008, 15:49
This week's Auto-Hebdo magazine announces Kris Meeke with a 207 S2000 in IRC09...are their information true ??? :confused:

Well Tom, that is rumour that i've heard before. He should run some rally's with Kronos team, and maybe he will alternate with Snijers who is looking to do some IRC rounds also. But i repeat it is just a rumour, nothing official. ;)

urabus-denoS2000
21st November 2008, 18:01
Just read that Franz Wittman Jr. is driving 8 IRC rallys next year,so it is a real programme!!!!
Lets see what he can do,he odes drive an Evo IX which should be a disadvantage but he can still prove himself.He has a strong sponosor

Quite frankly I dont know what to expect from him.I have been to some rallies in Austria recently but he quite often retired on the beggining of the rally or didnt even start (just my opinon)

PLuto
21st November 2008, 18:28
Just read that Franz Wittman Jr. is driving 8 IRC rallys next year,so it is a real programme!!!!
Lets see what he can do,he odes drive an Evo IX which should be a disadvantage but he can still prove himself.He has a strong sponosor

Quite frankly I dont know what to expect from him.I have been to some rallies in Austria recently but he quite often retired on the beggining of the rally or didnt even start (just my opinon)

You must read rallyforum more carefully ;) I dont expect from him too much, he hasnt experiences from races out of Austria. I think this first season will be for him to learn foreign roads. Thats why he will use Lancer - it is good (and cheaper) car for learn.

ste898
22nd November 2008, 16:51
Top marks to BF Goodrich for the money and effort they put into the team both in 2008 and also now in 2009....

GTA
24th November 2008, 20:48
Wednesday there is a Presentation / Test day with 2 Polo S2000 in Belgium... many drivers from Europe are invited....

Fly
24th November 2008, 21:44
Wednesday there is a Presentation / Test day with 2 Polo S2000 in Belgium... many drivers from Europe are invited....

Can you please tell me where it will take place?

OldF
24th November 2008, 23:55

And who the drivers are?

HaCo
26th November 2008, 15:57

According to this article: http://sport.turbomagazine.be/index.php?pg=news&id=1011 they were from Finland, GB, Austria, Poland 'just to tell some'.

Looking forward to hear about your plans! :)

PLuto
26th November 2008, 23:17
It is pity, that Jack didnt tell about tests earlier, maybe I was able to send him one or two czech drivers, which are thinking about S2000 for next year...

Sulland
27th November 2008, 07:41
Jack will probably arrange another test if there is enough interest, but this forum and the other big one, must be a perfect place to announce in detail to spread the rumor !!

Or just link from here; http://www.renegeorges.be/fr/index.asp?lg=2

Tom206wrc
27th November 2008, 13:35
A few names are given about the René Georges tests ;)

http://www.rallyonline.pl/index.php?1&modex=pnews&&s=19714

Among them, Melissa Debackere !! :p :

Mirek
27th November 2008, 13:41
Tom, complete list of drivers and gallery are here: http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=7653

GTA
27th November 2008, 22:17
i was going to write something about the test but is not needed any more i see.. :) ... PS: i announced it already some time ago on our website and we invited drivers who we have contact with for already some time..... more personal tests can follow in specific countrys if needed..

PLuto
27th November 2008, 23:10
i was going to write something about the test but is not needed any more i see.. :) ... PS: i announced it already some time ago on our website and we invited drivers who we have contact with for already some time..... more personal tests can follow in specific countrys if needed..

Our point of view is also very interesting for us :)

HaCo
28th November 2008, 17:07
Kris Meeke will do 8 of the 12 events of the IRC in Peugeot of Kronos, supported by Peugeot UK.
http://sport.turbomagazine.be/index.php?pg=news&id=1023

Great News!!

N.O.T
28th November 2008, 18:42
Great news...hope his performance is good enough to give him a full season.

AndyRAC
28th November 2008, 20:56
Kris Meeke will do 8 of the 12 events of the IRC in Peugeot of Kronos, supported by Peugeot UK.
http://sport.turbomagazine.be/index.php?pg=news&id=1023

Great News!!

Great news indeed!! And well done to Peugeot UK for supporting him, I've been happy in the past to criticise UK firms for not backing our drivers - this is a good sign.
It's also good for the IRC as they now have a driver from the UK - I would think the UK is an important market.

Tom206wrc
28th November 2008, 21:28
Fantastic news :D

urabus-denoS2000
28th November 2008, 21:41
Great news!

bf1_IRL
29th November 2008, 01:59
Great news to have him out in a good car :)
Now if Peugeot Ireland could support him to do some other events (Unlikely as that is :( )

noel157
29th November 2008, 02:13
Excellent news.
Brian, can't see Gowans providing support but it would be good if they did something for the ITC.

bf1_IRL
29th November 2008, 02:26
I know :( Although they might need some positive publicity after the price fixing thing in Dublin (http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/1028/cartel.html) (sorry to go off topic)

Buzz Lightyear
29th November 2008, 02:50
Go on Kris! Brilliant news... No official word from his side yet though??

What a championship this is shaping up to be...

Vouillez
Loix
Meeke
Hanninen
Kopecky
Duval?
Panizzi
Sarazzin (MC)

Nearly making Monte Carlo worth going to :)

noel157
29th November 2008, 03:01
Go on Kris! Brilliant news... No official word from his side yet though??

What a championship this is shaping up to be...

Vouillez
Loix
Meeke
Hanninen
Kopecky
Duval?
Panizzi
Sarazzin (MC)

Nearly making Monte Carlo worth going to :)

It's looking good. If Meeke has only 8 rounds which Euro round will he miss? Russia? Or maybe RMC (too soon? although he won JWRC there). Is that 5 cars Kronos will be running?

HaCo
29th November 2008, 09:51
Basso and Alen have been confirmed as well, as well as Scandola for Monte Carlo and San Remo allready!

Great!!

Just hope some other makes will join as well with smaller (or big) teams like VW, MG, Proton, Opel, ...

This was a litle list I made yesterday:

Peugeot:
Vouilloz
Loix
Meeke (8)

Abarth:
Basso
Alen
Scandola (2)

Skoda:
Kopecky (8 EU)
Hanninen (8 EU)

Mitsubishi:
Van Den Heuvel (?)
Wittman (?)

MG:
Jones (?)

Proton?

Sulland
29th November 2008, 10:02
Were anyone of the Polo testers thinking about IRC or just national championships ?

And how many other teams will we have apart from the Factory sponsored teams ?

Skoda will have two I have heard, Pug will probably be used by several, and the same with Abarth - do anyone have more details so we can start building a total picture for 09 ?

pucky54
29th November 2008, 14:05
Wittmann is confirmed in a Mitsubishi
Kahle may be using the Polo for the national championship, as there will be no Fabia next year for him to drive and he rents his Porsche.

OldF
30th November 2008, 23:38
IRC is getting more and more interesting. Lets see how the participation looks like in the rallies outside Europe (Safari, Brazil and Japan) because most of the teams are private teams or a local dealers team.

Buzz Lightyear
1st December 2008, 00:37
I agree OldF. OK, maybe not so good in Safari/Brazil/Japan, and if there are dealer teams, well so be it, at least it give the series some structure, of where the bugets involved are within the reach of national dealers, and are able to offer a platform to drivers.. unlike the wrc.

Tom206wrc
1st December 2008, 11:55
IRC is getting more and more interesting. Lets see how the participation looks like in the rallies outside Europe (Safari, Brazil and Japan) because most of the teams are private teams or a local dealers team.

About Brazil, importers of Fiat and Peugeot should gain a lot for their image to run S2000s in their IRC round...would be a strong pitty not to do that :mark:

rsmith16
3rd December 2008, 14:23
Has Meeke been officially confirmed for next season -- read elsewhere that the deal hasn't been finalised yet & the info had been leaked?

PLuto
3rd December 2008, 15:08
Has Meeke been officially confirmed for next season -- read elsewhere that the deal hasn't been finalised yet & the info had been leaked?

No, it wasnt confirmed. I know that he was discussing with Kronos, but I dont know if agreement was done. In last situation with "agreement" of Mikkelsen and Gronholm, I dont know, if it is true with Meeke. But I think it should be...

PLuto
3rd December 2008, 17:22
It is confirmed, no agreement between Meeke and Kronos yet. They are still talking about deal, so maybe in next days it should be signed...

noel157
9th December 2008, 14:36
Kris Meeke has formally signed with Kronos and Peugeot UK for at least 8 rounds starting in MC. Great news.

Meeke Fan
9th December 2008, 14:49
Just heard Kris Meeke has been confirmed for Peugeot, 8 rounds of the IRC next year. Congratulations Kris.

PLuto
9th December 2008, 15:03
Luca Rossetti changes from Peugeot to Abarth - http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=7708

HaCo
9th December 2008, 15:36
Luca Rossetti changes from Peugeot to Abarth - http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=7708
Can someone translate please, is it a third car? Is it for IRC or for Italian championchip?

wwbroe
9th December 2008, 15:38

Pluto, i think you posted wrong link, because it is referring to some article about Andros Trophee. Can you please put a small translation over here, because my knowledge of your language is still very limited. ;)

RS
9th December 2008, 15:51
I think it says that his priority will be the CIR as second car alongside Umberto Scandola but he will drive some IRC events too, including Monte Carlo.

PLuto
9th December 2008, 15:54
Luca will start in CIR with Abarth (Scandola should with second car, but everything still unconfirmed) + some starts in IRC (this year there are lot of rallies in both championships with same date).

HaCo
9th December 2008, 15:58
Okay. Wonder why he leaves Peugeot?

Tom206wrc
9th December 2008, 16:01
I hope Peugeot Italy will chose Travaglia or Andreucci they need a top driver :rolleyes:

Tom206wrc
9th December 2008, 16:03
Kris Meeke has formally signed with Kronos and Peugeot UK for at least 8 rounds starting in MC. Great news.

:bounce:

wwbroe
9th December 2008, 16:04
Luca will start in CIR with Abarth (Scandola should with second car, but everything still unconfirmed) + some starts in IRC (this year there are lot of rallies in both championships with same date).

Pluto, i guess you mean that there are a lot of rallies that count for IRC and ERC, so does that mean that Luca will do ERC as well, like he did this year?

WRC1
9th December 2008, 16:07
I hope Peugeot Italy will chose Travaglia or Andreucci they need a top driver :rolleyes:

ucci is linked to skoda for cir, isnt he?

reg

Mirek
9th December 2008, 16:11
WRC1: No, he isn't. That was just offer. More probably is that he'll be in Munaretto.

wwbroe: No, he means what he said. Priority is CIR + some starts in IRC when there are no date colisions.

wwbroe
9th December 2008, 16:21
]WRC1: No, he isn't. That was just offer. More probably is that he'll be in Munaretto.

wwbroe: No, he means what he said. Priority is CIR + some starts in IRC when there are no date colisions.

Ok Mirec, then i misunderstood, thanks. ;)

HaCo
9th December 2008, 16:33
What is Munaretto?

Mirek
9th December 2008, 17:16
Power Car Munaretto is Italian team, they have at least Pugs S2000 and Clio S1600 and R3. Their usual driver is for example Perico. Stohl or García-Ojeda used their Pugs in IRC 2008 as well. I think that Sandell used their Pug several times in PWRC as well.

Wim_Impreza
9th December 2008, 18:22
Andrea Torlasco, BF Goodrich Peugeot driver in Sanremo, drove the last years and the begin of this year with a Munaretto Clio S1600 too.

farquar wrc
9th December 2008, 20:27
Just heard Kris Meeke has been confirmed for Peugeot, 8 rounds of the IRC next year. Congratulations Kris.
Awesome news,at last Kris can concentrate on the driving now

urabus-denoS2000
9th December 2008, 22:45
What is Munaretto?

Every green-white coloured Clio S1600 from Italy(and there are a lot of them) is from Munaretto.He makes very good cars
He also runs a Focus WRC 06 for Paolo Porro in the TRA

katxal
11th December 2008, 17:49
Munaretto 207 S2000

http://www.s2000rally.com/car-detail.php?car=94

http://www.s2000rally.com/car-detail.php?car=104

http://www.s2000rally.com/car-detail.php?car=131

HaCo
11th December 2008, 18:16
LOL guys, thanks a lot for the 5 replies, I think I got it now. ;)

Sulland
11th December 2008, 21:16

The right link, translated:
Italian rider Luca Rossetti, who managed to win the title this year, European Champion, won the Italian championship and end up fourth in the Intercontinental Rally Challenge, prepared for all fans of car competitions big shock. For next season passes from Peugeot to Fiat!

Luca Rossetti is almost since the beginning of his career associated exclusively with the French brand cars in the lion character. The biggest success was with the arrival of specials category S2000, where the 207 model as the only sufficient Giandomenico Basso of Italy and last year's championship has seen some impressive results in the IRC series this year and the European Championship.

And, given what had in recent years for Peugeot Italia conditions, its transfer to the competitive Abarthu surprising, but the likable native of Pordenone neodolal call to become a factory rider. Třicetiletého a clear priority for the Italian title defense Champion Italy. In the Italian championship would be the second car had to add Umberto Scandola.

Given the number of futures collision between CIR and IRC Rossetti most likely will not seek horse-riding title in the IRC, some enterprises should be certified as an assistance duu Giandomenico Basso and Anton Alen. The first sharp start should take place as early as one month and a half in the Rallye Monte Carlo. May be excluded or start in Brazil since the Italian crew considering boycott the first two races of the championship - Rally del Ciocco Rally and the 1000 Miglia - as a protest against the large number of plants included in the calendar.

RS
11th December 2008, 22:04
What translation tool did you use Sulland? Not bad.

Sulland
12th December 2008, 11:04
http://www.google.be/language_tools?hl=en

noel157
13th December 2008, 21:05
Sarrazin tests 207:

http://www.dailymotion.com/Rourebel/video/x7pv2b_sarrazin-207-s2000-tests_sport

Is this a Kronos car?

Mirek
13th December 2008, 21:13
No, that is Peugeot Sport car.

urabus-denoS2000
13th December 2008, 21:14
Sarrazin tests 207:

http://www.dailymotion.com/Rourebel/video/x7pv2b_sarrazin-207-s2000-tests_sport

Is this a Kronos car?

No,that is one of only 2 Peugeot Sport 207 and it is actually one of the oldest-2006

Mirek
13th December 2008, 21:17
It was made in 2006, but it is used as a lab so that it has been rebuilt many times.

noel157
13th December 2008, 21:27
Thanks guys. A "mule" car.

wwbroe
15th December 2008, 09:16
It seems like financial crisis is striking in Portugal too. The program of Fiat Portugal with Fontes won't be continued in 2009, unless a last minute solution will be found. Also Peugeot Portugal is considering his options. The plans for IRC will probably not take place and they wont be at start of Monte Carlo, also unless some miracle appears. Also there is nothing sure that they will continu in Portugal championship. On the other hand Victor Pascoal would do entire championship (Portugal) with 207 S2000.
There were rumours about two Skoda Fabia S2000 for Portugal, but no news here, unless that it is known that Pedro Meirelles would like to drive one Fabia in Portuguese championship.
All this according to: ralis.online.pt

TheFlyingTuga
15th December 2008, 14:58
vwbroe,
the Skoda's are just rumors! The rumor said, that it will be a team with Pedro Meireles and Miguel Campos, and it will have the sponsorship of galp (portuguese gasoline brand) and SIVA (Portuguese VAG Group).
But I know Pedro, and he told me that is nothing... just silly season... but he could be "holding his hand"!

Anyway, it's almost official, Fiat Portugal it's KO!

karlzoro
15th December 2008, 15:04
Anyway, it's almost official, Fiat Portugal it's KO!

another food driver & team who must stop the activities then... :( :(

noel157
15th December 2008, 16:49
Peugeot UK Kronos Meeke programme was launched today:

wwbroe
15th December 2008, 16:52
Nice livery for Meeke's Peugeot 207 S2000, can't wait to see him in action. ;)

noel157
15th December 2008, 16:58
Peugeot UK / Kronos launched their IRC programme today

noel157
15th December 2008, 17:23
Hey WWBroe, you can look into the future :)
Deleted the picture by mistake and then reposted.

wwbroe
15th December 2008, 17:39
Hey WWBroe, you can look into the future :)
Deleted the picture by mistake and then reposted.

I taught i replied on your previous post, so i am surprised that it is in front of picture. :D

karlzoro
15th December 2008, 20:35
Peugeot UK / Kronos launched their IRC programme today

It make me think on the BMW of Priaulx in the WTCC ;)

RS
15th December 2008, 20:41
Anyone got a link for any press release regarding the Meeke story?

noel157
15th December 2008, 21:15
Anyone got a link for any press release regarding the Meeke story?

Press Release:

Peugeot UK has teamed up with Kronos Racing to prepare and support a Peugeot 207 S2000 in next year’s Intercontinental Rally Challenge (IRC).

The IRC Challenge will be contested over 12 rounds starting with the legendary Monte Carlo Rally in January and finishing in November with the RAC MSA Rally of Scotland.

Driving the Peugeot UK car will be Kris Meeke who has previously driven for Kronos, when he was third overall in the Junior World Rally Championship in 2005. Kris, previous winner of the British Super 1600 and British Junior championship, will be co-driven by Paul Nagle.

The Peugeot 207 S2000 has already become the car to beat in the IRC challenge where it has secured the manufacturers’ and drivers’ championship, in both 2007 and 2008.

Kris Meeke “This is an incredible opportunity for both me and my co-driver Paul Nagle! It brings my career somewhat full circle, as my first introduction to rallying was through a Peugeot UK supported competition in 2000. Some awesome and diverse challenges lie ahead in the 2009 IRC, but we can rest assured that with the support and championship winning pedigree of both Peugeot and Kronos, we will have the best opportunity to prove our abilities in the coming season!”

Pierre Louis Colin (Managing Director Peugeot UK) “I am very pleased we have been able to enter next year’s IRC championship with Kris. Rallying is in the blood of Peugeot and it is a good demonstration of the dynamism of Peugeot cars, especially the 207. We know we have a winning car, and in Kris and Paul we also have a winning team. In these difficult times, it is important that you make sound commercial decisions but it is also important to communicate to your customers in a positive way your brand and your commitment to it.”

All over the net: http://www.rallybuzz.com/peugeot-uk-kronos-meeke/
More pictures here - http://90right.wordpress.com/2008/12/15/peugeot-uk-to-contest-intercontinental-rally-challenge-irc-with-kris-meeke-and-kronos/

RS
15th December 2008, 21:28

Luis Pacheco
15th December 2008, 22:32
Not official but one of the 8 rallyes where Kris will compete one will be the Azores.

Tom206wrc
15th December 2008, 22:50
It seems like financial crisis is striking in Portugal too. The program of Fiat Portugal with Fontes won't be continued in 2009, unless a last minute solution will be found. Also Peugeot Portugal is considering his options. The plans for IRC will probably not take place and they wont be at start of Monte Carlo, also unless some miracle appears. Also there is nothing sure that they will continu in Portugal championship. On the other hand Victor Pascoal would do entire championship (Portugal) with 207 S2000.
There were rumours about two Skoda Fabia S2000 for Portugal, but no news here, unless that it is known that Pedro Meirelles would like to drive one Fabia in Portuguese championship.

Sad, sad, sad... :( :( :(

PLuto
15th December 2008, 23:50
Not official but one of the 8 rallyes where Kris will compete one will be the Azores.

Plan of Kris is now to start in all IRC rallies without Russia, Safari, Japan and Brazil (maybe).

Tom206wrc
16th December 2008, 10:03
Brazil being an important market for both Fiat and Peugeot I really can't see them missing it, despite crisis...big image loss otherwise :mark: :(

alleskids
16th December 2008, 12:36
Who will be the second driver for the official Peugeot Sport team besides Stephane Sarazin in the Monte Carlo Rally?

Tom206wrc
16th December 2008, 13:11
Who will be the second driver for the official Peugeot Sport team besides Stephane Sarazin in the Monte Carlo Rally?

I wonder if normally it should not have been Luca Rossetti, before he chose Abarth :confused:

If it was the case, then I guess no one would replace him and Sarrazin to be the only one... :rolleyes:

PLuto
16th December 2008, 13:11
Kronos drivers Loix and Vouilloz will be in Brazil, about Meeke I dont know.

Tom206wrc
16th December 2008, 13:13
By the way, what about Petter Solberg, as unemployed after Subaru to leave WRC, driving an S2000 in IRC09 ???? :D

Tom206wrc
16th December 2008, 13:13
Kronos drivers Loix and Vouilloz will be in Brazil, about Meeke I dont know.

Very good news !!!! I didn't expect Kronos to be there :eek: :up:

alleskids
16th December 2008, 13:21
Meeke wil skip the expensive far away rallies Brasil, Japan, Kenya and Russia and only do the 8 European rallies. (Yes I know Russia is also an European rally :) )

Tom206wrc
16th December 2008, 13:52
Is Kenya really that expensive ??? :confused:

alleskids
16th December 2008, 14:02
In the good old days, teams built a special car for Kenya. With all kind of reinforced bodywork, suspension and air intake, and bullbarr, for the rough terrain. I do dnot know how the cars are now prepared. But the airlines expenses alone make it an expensive rally, just like Brasil and Japan.

noel157
16th December 2008, 15:47
Meeke wil skip the expensive far away rallies Brasil, Japan, Kenya and Russia and only do the 8 European rallies. (Yes I know Russia is also an European rally :) )

Brazil is on the programme as it is indeed an important market for Peugeot and the rally will also be on the same weekend as the WTCC round so there will some cost savings involved and Eurosport will be covering both events.
Russia and Kenya (if it happens) will not be entered. Japan is unlikely at this stage but has not been ruled out entirely. 7 rounds count for the championship.

Meeke's confirmed programme:

• 21-24 January Monaco Monte Carlo Rally
• 05-07 March Brazil Rally Internacional de Curitiba
• 07-09 May Portugal Sata Rally Acores
• 18-20 June Belgium Ypres Westhoek Rally
• 30 July-01 August Madeira Rali Vinho Madeira
• 21-23 August Czech Republic Barum Rally Zlin
• 10-12 September Spain Rally Principe de Asturias
• 24-26 September Italy Rally Sanremo
• 19-21 November United Kingdom RAC MSA Rally of Scotland

alleskids
16th December 2008, 15:54
Is the Japan Rally the same rally that counted for the WRC the last couple of years?

Buzz Lightyear
16th December 2008, 16:05
Is Kenya really that expensive ??? :confused:

Yes, and the preparation of the cars... bespoke protection etc.

c4
16th December 2008, 16:10
Marc van Dalen promises equal machinery for Meeke
http://www.rallybuzz.com/meeke-van-dalen-kronos-irc/

Tom206wrc
16th December 2008, 16:49

According to different other rally news sites, Peugeot Portugal would stick to an IRC program, if they stop portuguese championship :confused:

wwbroe
16th December 2008, 16:52
According to different other rally news sites, Peugeot Portugal would stick to an IRC program, if they stop portuguese championship :confused:

I don't know anything about that Tom, i just tried to translate the article that i read on Portuguese site. Maybe some of our Portuguese collegues can help us out here. I would find it very good if they do IRC championship. ;)

Luis Pacheco
16th December 2008, 17:34
The translation is not correct.
What is written on the ralis.online.pt news is to Peugeot Portugal
in hypothesis is the presence in the Rally of Monte Carlo (the entries were extended until the end of December) or in the extreme marked the end of the team's official Peugeot. Either way this does not imply that the project will finnish, because it could continue without being official, with a much smaller structure.

Tom206wrc
16th December 2008, 20:06
Magalhaes could contnue in the 207(portuguese championship or IRC)but as privateer, then :confused:

PLuto
17th December 2008, 13:58
So, it is official - Skoda Motorsport will be on Rallye Monte Carlo - http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=7749

http://www.autosport.cz/img/clanky/b_ba1323a55a7b2367764a21254d733b42.jpg

pucky54
17th December 2008, 14:26
...only with two cars???

PLuto
17th December 2008, 14:29
From beginning was plan for only two cars. There were chance for third car for one driver (not Panizzi), but as he joined another team, this plan is out. There should be third car, but in private hands.

urabus-denoS2000
17th December 2008, 14:39
Nice livery
It would be better with dark green though

Tom206wrc
17th December 2008, 14:44
Nice livery :)

Tom206wrc
17th December 2008, 14:46
From beginning was plan for only two cars. There were chance for third car for one driver (not Panizzi), but as he joined another team, this plan is out. There should be third car, but in private hands.

Was it Ucci(Paolo Andreucci)the third driver planned ??? :confused:

urabus-denoS2000
17th December 2008, 14:50
No,Ucci was just offered a Škoda Italy seat.

Some say he is connected with Munaretto 207 S2000

PLuto
17th December 2008, 14:59
As says Urabus, Ucci wasn't that name.

pucky54
17th December 2008, 15:05
Rossetti????

c4
17th December 2008, 15:18
Abarth announce 2009 driver line up
http://www.rallybuzz.com/abarth-driver-line-up-2009/

PLuto
17th December 2008, 15:23
Rossetti????

Rossetti is with Abarth.... You were sleeping last weeks? :cool:

pucky54
17th December 2008, 15:42
Rossetti is with Abarth.... You were sleeping last weeks? :cool:

There were chance for third car for one driver but as he joined another team,...

was Rossetti the driver they wanted, before he joined Abarth?

WRC1
17th December 2008, 15:50
http://www.rallye-magazin.de/r/int/d5/n5/d/2008/12/17/fabia-erhaelt-homologation/index.html

the fabia is here!!!!!

looks nice, unique colours but very nice, i like that car! and wish them big success

reg

wrc1

PLuto
17th December 2008, 15:54
was Rossetti the driver they wanted, before he joined Abarth?

No

PLuto
17th December 2008, 15:55
http://www.rallye-magazin.de/r/int/d5/n5/d/2008/12/17/fabia-erhaelt-homologation/index.html

the fabia is here!!!!!

looks nice, unique colours but very nice, i like that car! and wish them big success

reg

wrc1

Look on previous page :D

urabus-denoS2000
17th December 2008, 16:07
At the Monte a new era of rallying will begin

Best of luck to them

WRC1
17th December 2008, 16:14
Look on previous page :D

oh sorry...

please tell us who was the 3rd driver?

and who will run the "private" car?

reg

wrc1

RS
17th December 2008, 16:42
and who will run the "private" car?

My guess is maybe Aigner in a red, blue and yellow one.

Would be nice if he could resume his battle with Hanninen :)

karlzoro
17th December 2008, 17:14

Duval :rolleyes: :confused:

noel157
17th December 2008, 17:16

With a large bovine animal on it?

Agree. Be good to see Aigner and Hanninen fighting again.

TheFlyingTuga
17th December 2008, 20:13
Aigner and Duval, are connected to the Fabia Project... but they aren't in another IRC team for what I heard!

So Meeke, was the third one!
He is looking for a IRC seat... join Peugeot last week!

RS
17th December 2008, 20:22
Aigner and Duval, are connected to the Fabia Project... but they aren't in another IRC team for what I heard!

Hmm, I can't see Duval stepping down to pWRC. He said he would do IRC, but I doubt pWRC. On the other hand, maybe he could score quite a few WRC points in the Fabia next year the way things are going!

c4
18th December 2008, 12:39
Gareth MacHale plans to do selected events in the Corsa.
http://www.rallybuzz.com/gareth-machale-irc-09-corsa-s2000/

alleskids
18th December 2008, 20:27
S2000 and the Kronos Team are conquering the Middle East (Rally Championship). Kronos Racing will prepare and provide assistance to Saudi driver Yazeed Al Rajhi and French co-driver Matthieu Baumel as they take on the entire Middle East Rally Championship at the controls of a Peugeot 207 S2000.

Mirek
18th December 2008, 20:48
Sorry, but this thread is about IRC (Kronos in MERC is several times posted elsewhere) :)

Sulland
18th December 2008, 21:44
Maybe PG will sit in a Proton, at least in Monte;
http://www.rallybuzz.com/andersson-proton-monte-carlo/

Would be super to have him in IRC !

Tom206wrc
19th December 2008, 17:49
I've read on several websites that Chris Atkinson wants to run IRC in an S2000 :eek: :eek:

Mirek
19th December 2008, 18:31
You can read original interview here: http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24822663-23770,00.html

Buzz Lightyear
20th December 2008, 00:09
I've read on several websites that Chris Atkinson wants to run IRC in an S2000 :eek: :eek:
OK, but Atkinson did not do himself any favors in that interview. He seriously thinks the phone is going to ring an someone will offer him a paid drive.

karlzoro
20th December 2008, 17:05

Wit han Australian S2000...Auris or Fiesta...that would be nice...in dreams ;)

urabus-denoS2000
20th December 2008, 20:48
Abarth 2009 snow testing video

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7sazm_tests-fiat-abarth-s2000-decembre-20_auto

noel157
20th December 2008, 20:57
And some pictures from the Cévenols brothers at the test yesterday:

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/4705/1001933ro5.jpg
http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/5626/1001932pf7.jpg
http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/4078/1001936eh9.jpg
http://img43.xooimage.com/files/2/d/a/essais-fiat-016-92cf0c.jpg
http://img22.xooimage.com/files/2/8/c/essais-fiat-012-92cf19.jpg
http://img22.xooimage.com/files/7/b/6/essais-fiat-002-92cf25.jpg

Sulland
21st December 2008, 08:15
Was it Basso driving, and only him ?
Or was it just his name on the window ?

HaCo
21st December 2008, 17:48
Wonder if implementing a handbrake on the X-Trac is much easier than on a Sadev? Are they many differences anyway?

Tom206wrc
21st December 2008, 17:54
Would be fine if Solberg brothers tried S2000 in IRC too... :confused:

OldF
21st December 2008, 18:02
Would be fine if Solberg brothers tried S2000 in IRC too... :confused:

http://www.xtrac.com/

News -> news archive: Xtrac develops new Super 2000 rally gearbox and differential

I don’t know but it seems to be a similar solution as Sadev has.

Tom206wrc
21st December 2008, 18:37
You didn't quote the right message OldF ;)

OldF
21st December 2008, 18:48
You didn't quote the right message OldF ;)

Thanks Tom.

Corrected:

Wonder if implementing a handbrake on the X-Trac is much easier than on a Sadev? Are they many differences anyway?

http://www.xtrac.com/

News -> news archive: Xtrac develops new Super 2000 rally gearbox and differential

I don’t know but it seems to be a similar solution as Sadev has.

Mirek
21st December 2008, 19:03
Peugeot doesn't have central differential and there is just a clutch for releasing rear axle with handbrake. Abarths with Sadev used to have central differential and I think they may be different.

Tom206wrc
21st December 2008, 23:24
According to press release on the IRC website, Kris Meeke would finally run the entire championship next year :eek: :eek: :confused:

Buzz Lightyear
22nd December 2008, 01:15
According to press release on the IRC website, Kris Meeke would finally run the entire championship next year :eek: :eek: :confused:

Yes, its looks to be the same as other Kronos drivers.

Tom206wrc
22nd December 2008, 08:58

:bounce:

wwbroe
22nd December 2008, 10:24

Kronos drivers Voilloz and Loix are not doing the complete championship, they are not going to Safari, Russia and Japan, so i guess Meeke won't be going there either. ;)

Buzz Lightyear
22nd December 2008, 10:26
Its stupid to do 12 rounds, when only 7 count.

c4
22nd December 2008, 10:37
Kris Meeke's 2009 IRC progamme

• 21-24 January Monaco Monte Carlo Rally
• 05-07 March Brazil Rally Internacional de Curitiba
• 07-09 May Portugal Sata Rally Acores
• 18-20 June Belgium Ypres Westhoek Rally
• 30 July-01 August Madeira Rali Vinho Madeira
• 21-23 August Czech Republic Barum Rally Zlin
• 10-12 September Spain Rally Principe de Asturias
• 24-26 September Italy Rally Sanremo
• 19-21 November United Kingdom RAC MSA Rally of Scotland

http://www.rallybuzz.com/meeke-targets-irc-title-2009/

RS
22nd December 2008, 11:58
It seems strange that Kronos won't go to Russia, it's not that far away! Maybe they aren't confident of beating Alen and Hanninen there?

alleskids
22nd December 2008, 12:17
Abarth is doing the Safari and Russia Rally? And Skoda is doing the whole season too?

Tom206wrc
22nd December 2008, 12:26
Abarth is doing the Safari and Russia Rally? And Skoda is doing the whole season too?

Good question :confused:

Edit: by the way, are Skoda and Abarth going to Brazil too ???

PLuto
22nd December 2008, 12:33
It seems strange that Kronos won't go to Russia, it's not that far away! Maybe they aren't confident of beating Alen and Hanninen there?

Yes, Kronos will be missing in Russia, Japan and Safari.

Luis Pacheco
22nd December 2008, 12:40
So we can say that BFGoodrich Drivers Team will not be seen in Russia, Japan, and Safari.

Remains France (MC), Portugal (Azores/Madeira), Belgium, Czech Republic, Spain, Italia, Scotland and Brazil.

Buzz Lightyear
22nd December 2008, 12:41

is the rally not very very rough? but I think they are moving it to a different HQ next year?

Tom206wrc
22nd December 2008, 12:50
So we can say that BFGoodrich Drivers Team will not be seen in Russia, Japan, and Safari.

Remains France (MC), Portugal (Azores/Madeira), Belgium, Czech Republic, Spain, Italia, Scotland and Brazil.

I think BFGoodrich driver team won't be in Brazil, and I regret it !!! A good brazilian driver at the wheels of an S2000 at home would be interesting to follow :mark:

Tom206wrc
22nd December 2008, 12:52
Its stupid to do 12 rounds, when only 7 count.

I don't share your point of view: to me this would multiply your chance of doing a good result, and then let you the choice to chose the 7 rallies you want to count ;)

Mirek
22nd December 2008, 13:05
I think that Škoda won't do whole championship. At least 7 rounds for sure...

Tom206wrc
22nd December 2008, 13:29
]I think that Škoda won't do whole championship. At least 7 rounds for sure...

They won't have a margin in case of bad results :s

alleskids
22nd December 2008, 14:43
Does someone know which rallies Abarth wil do? Alen (and Abarth) would do Russia? I think many will skip Kenya safari, because of the rough terrain and the need for adopting the cars for this special event.

Buzz Lightyear
22nd December 2008, 15:53
i think we can expect another 'big' name soon..

Mirek
22nd December 2008, 15:57
Hmm, sounds interesting :)

Form GB? Wilks, Miggins?

Tom206wrc
22nd December 2008, 16:44
Duval ??? :D

MJW
22nd December 2008, 19:39

Atkinson? or PG?

noel157
22nd December 2008, 20:01

I think we can expect another 1 'big' name and a "quite a big name" very soon.
Watch this space.

Tom206wrc
22nd December 2008, 20:04
Watch this space.

Grönholm and Loeb ???? :p :

alleskids
22nd December 2008, 21:09
I suspect Loeb to do the Monte Carlo in a Peugeot 207 S2000. Not in the last place to experience the S2000 cars that will be the future of WRC. And to experience a real Monte Carlo full distance old style.

alleskids
22nd December 2008, 21:34
Gronholm was not really a fan of Monte Carlo, with the tricky icy roads conditions. So Gronholm would be a very wild guess :) .

noel157
22nd December 2008, 23:16
I suspect Loeb to do the Monte Carlo in a Peugeot 207 S2000. Not in the last place to experience the S2000 cars that will be the future of WRC. And to experience a real Monte Carlo full distance old style.

It would be great to see Loeb on the Monte Carlo. He would obviously need to be in a 207 S2000 to win but I think that Citroen Sport PR people think it will confuse the public - "Isn't Loeb a Citroen driver, why is he in a Peugeot?" sort of thing, of course both marques PSA but man in the street may not know that. Hopefully nobody will care what the public think....

alleskids
22nd December 2008, 23:36
They could always paint the car red and have Citroen on the side of the car :)

karlzoro
23rd December 2008, 10:28
Watch this space.

the 2 names: just for Monte Carlo or for the entire IRC championship??

Mirek
23rd December 2008, 16:27
Jaromír Tarabus may start on some IRC rallys with Punto S2000. For sure on Barum, maybe in Russia, Sanremo and Scotland (depends on current situation in Czech championship).