PDA

View Full Version : Poor taste Jack-a-roo

disko
1st September 2008, 00:36
Yea Helio was pissed, but he handled it the most professional way possible. He told Jack-a-roo he had nothing to say at this time and then Jack gets in his grill and then asks "why are you so mad?" I thought it was a cheap journalistic move - he couldn't respect Helio enough to let it go.

Bring on Vs.

Champcar4life
1st September 2008, 06:07
Yea Helio was pissed, but he handled it the most professional way possible. He told Jack-a-roo he had nothing to say at this time and then Jack gets in his grill and then asks "why are you so mad?" I thought it was a cheap journalistic move - he couldn't respect Helio enough to let it go.

Bring on Vs.

I have never like him even when he was doing CART, I wish Doctor Jerry Punch was doing the pit reporting,or at least someone that knows when not to push the issue when a driver is hot like Helio was.

garyshell
1st September 2008, 06:38
I have never like him even when he was doing CART, I wish Doctor Jerry Punch was doing the pit reporting,or at least someone that knows when not to push the issue when a driver is hot like Helio was.

Someone like Dr Punch, or Jon.

Gary

BobGarage
1st September 2008, 13:02

Bring on Vs.

Jack is useless. Even the international commentators said "Jack didn't you hear him, he's got nothing to say, leave him alone".

Jag_Warrior
1st September 2008, 15:10
http://www.cnnsi.com/extramustard/images/Jack.Arute.jpghttp://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e181/RighteousHeidi/42b5780d.gif

Marbles
1st September 2008, 19:56
I think the highlight of Arute's career, for me anyways, was the 1995 Cleveland CART race. Although he could be heard in the background through almost the first 45 minutes of race when he was communicating with the truck, he became belligerent with the producers when they were trying to tell him his "live air" mike was on. Paraphrasing -- "Don't tell me my mike is on! I know when my mike is on!" etc. Whether it was his fault or not, he came across as one arrogant S.O.B.

markabilly
2nd September 2008, 06:58
Jack on rue should be replaced by Barabara Walters....she would be an upgrade and more knowledgeable about the sport....but then so would the average 8 year old...

nanders
2nd September 2008, 18:47
It's time for a change all around in the announce crew. The only person I'd like to see in next year would be Bekkis(sp).

SarahFan
2nd September 2008, 18:55
It's time for a change all around in the announce crew. The only person I'd like to see in next year would be Bekkis(sp).

I agree... nix them all and lets go fresh

also... Jack =Yawn.... but Helio handled well, not just once, but twice...

Dr. Krogshöj
2nd September 2008, 20:02
Every time he or Brienne starts talking I have an urgent need to stop watching the race. Bring on Jamie Little and Jan Beekhuis.

Marbles
3rd September 2008, 01:06
Every time he or Brienne starts talking I have an urgent need to stop watching the race. Bring on Jamie Little and Jan Beekhuis.

Do you think they take Brianne aside after each show to point out certain things... like the fact that she sounds like a moron? Wilson's "mis-steering" mysteriously disappearing? Her reference to Bobby embracing his son Graham after his first win as "the now infamous hug in pit lane" I didn't understand that. Did Graham pull a shiv on his Dad? Did he protest against such a public display of affection by his father? "Not here Pops!"

My vote for a woman in pit lane would go to Jamie Howe on Speed. She's been doing it for less than two years but she gets better with each broadcast.

SoCalPVguy
3rd September 2008, 01:27
I though Jack's questions and demeanor were appropriate for the situation.

garyshell
3rd September 2008, 02:31
I though Jack's questions and demeanor were appropriate for the situation.

Yes, the FIRST time he asked the question. But his persistence in trying to get a rise out of Helio was unconscionable. When he effectively said no comment, Jack should have backed off.

Gary

disko
3rd September 2008, 15:31
not only that Helio said he had nothing to say, he asked Jack-a-roo to 'save me here' a cry for help as he was about to lose it. Jack refused and went in for the journalistic kill. "why are you so mad Helio?"

That just BS.

SoCalPVguy
3rd September 2008, 17:07
not only that Helio said he had nothing to say, he asked Jack-a-roo to 'save me here' a cry for help as he was about to lose it. Jack refused and went in for the journalistic kill. "why are you so mad Helio?"

That just BS.

"why are you so mad Helio?" Is a very appropriate question given the circumstances of his recent penalty costing him (arguably) the race. It is not a bad thing to have persistant journalists vs. the ones that just lay over and accept the party line straight out of moveon.org or wherever with no qustions asked. It is not the pit reporters job to be polite and buddies with the drivers to let them "save themselves" - and "why are you so mad Helio?" was a VERY germain issue. I thought it was fine and frankly having tuned in a little late myself, I would have liked to know "why are you so mad Helio?".

namarow
3rd September 2008, 18:18
Arute has always been an idiot, what do you expect. Helio is too, but atleast he shut his mouth.

Wilf
4th September 2008, 00:14
Arute has always been an idiot, what do you expect. Helio is too, but atleast he shut his mouth.

I've got to ask, who do you like?

weeflyonthewall
4th September 2008, 01:05
Bring on Jamie Little and Jan Beekhuis.

and Brian Till, Bill Adam, Parker Johnstone et al.

speeddurango
5th September 2008, 02:15

That just BS.

Well said there