PDA

View Full Version : Pickups at Brands Hatch

deadsquirrel
31st August 2008, 23:54
Just to say how on-form the Pickups were over the weekend. Two cracking races, and mostly well behaved... #54 was a little overenthusastic in moving Phil White out of the way (and got a drivethrough for his trouble), and Kelly Jane appeared to turn in on Tony Mumford causing them both to go off track (but they appeared to be damage free).

Great stuff, and in front of a large crowd!

truckmonster
1st September 2008, 18:47
Yes was a great weekend, good racing although there was a bit of argy bargy in both races! :beer:

Yung
2nd September 2008, 20:47
If anyone wants to know how we got on........ www.rmnmotorsport.com (http://www.rmnmotorsport.com)

AND besides the PUT series...... who else is famous that we saw?? I saw Ralf Schumacher, Martin Brundle and Norberg Haug. BUT no photos of them.... T_T

O yeah....... and I heard Lewis Hamilton's F1 car on track.... was busy so didn't get to see any on track action of the DTM's and F1 demo laps. :(

The Pits!
2nd September 2008, 21:55
"#54 was a little overenthusastic" - just a tad -

a lap down and still moving the leader out of the way to un-lap himself?

but what else should we expect?

Good racing - shame about KJ being hit up the backside :) -

I(not only)MHO the races were the highlight of the weekend.

Thank you for behaving yourselves in 'my' pit-lane :) , and I hope you all enjoyed yourselves?

See you all again soon I hope....

Chigley
2nd September 2008, 23:43
Good racing - shame about KJ being hit up the backside

Was that by Mumfy? because I know she gave him a hell of a clout up the backside herself. Tit for tat??? I couldn't report it as it was in a different sector and I didn't see the whole incident. :(

cgs
3rd September 2008, 13:13
that was the first time i have ever seen an F1 car in motion, and i'll tell you one thing, they can't do donuts for toffee!!!

The Pits!
3rd September 2008, 14:37
that was the first time i have ever seen an F1 car in motion, and i'll tell you one thing, they can't do donuts for toffee!!!

Err, that's because they aren't meant to :)

LH gave it his best try but the on-board computors refused to co-operate :(

Chigley
3rd September 2008, 16:08

You need to go to the Festival of Speed at Goodwood, usually about six F1 teams in attendance trying to out do each other at crowd pleasing trickery. Joe public are allowed right up to the teams, drivers and cars.

Goodwood Festival of Speed (http://www.goodwood.co.uk/site/content/festivalofspeed/Default.aspx)

The trailer is one of the best I have seen to illustrate what the weekend is all about (Historic NASCAR usually included).

Star Cars (http://www.goodwood.co.uk/site/content/festivalofspeed/The-Action_Star-Cars.aspx)

The Pits!
3rd September 2008, 17:46
Joe public are allowed right up to the teams, drivers and cars.
A bit like with Lewis at Brands then? :(

darknessrock
4th September 2008, 21:06

Are you sure Gav was a lap down?

gavinseager154
4th September 2008, 21:12
[quote="The Pits!"]"#54 was a little overenthusastic" - just a tad -

its the first i knew about being a lap down, and after the race nigel barker held his hands up and said sorry for the drive thru it shouldnt have been, but there u go gotta slow me down somehow i suppose

charlieboy58
5th September 2008, 13:29
i was there and it was the first time i had seen pick up and they were awesome! i watch the v8s when i was racing at cadwell and they were quite ipressive but nothing to what i see at brands wow im hooked! where is next one

gavinseager154
5th September 2008, 13:31
take a look on my site http://www.gavinseager.com timetable on there

charlieboy58
5th September 2008, 13:36
cheers

Chigley
5th September 2008, 14:32
CB58, you ain't seen nothing till you've seen them on the Oval. Packs of 8 as tight as the mid field squabble at Brands but doing 130 average with a concrete wall help any one going off line. :)

A race fan
5th September 2008, 19:00

its the first i knew about being a lap down, and after the race nigel barker held his hands up and said sorry for the drive thru it shouldnt have been, but there u go gotta slow me down somehow i suppose

I agree he was not a lap down, But he went somewhere he shouldnt of which resulted in Phil White being a very angry chappy after the race, But you got to get to the front somehow, i guess it does not matter who you stand on to get there.

truckmonster
6th September 2008, 16:30
If Gav hadnt had his drive through he would have won both races again!!! I find the pick ups very 1 sided this year ,and a little predictable!

The Pits!
6th September 2008, 16:36
if you weren't a lap down i apologise, but i can't understand why you would still be with leaders after a drive-through otherwise? :(

Chigley
6th September 2008, 22:11
if you weren't a lap down i apologise, but i can't understand why you would still be with leaders after a drive-through otherwise? :(

I think had something to do with red mist ;)