PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Reid

VXRDartford
31st August 2008, 22:31
Can't remember if it was this forum or another one but people were saying they would love to see Reid back in the BTCC.

I asked him today as he was at Silverstone and he said he is always looking to come back just needs someone to pay for a drive for him (his own words) he also said that he is going to do some testing for team halfords over the winter (not to lead to a drive) and it was nice to know people wanted him back.

I really hope he is able to come back.

wedge
31st August 2008, 23:49
Spoke to him last year at the FIA GT Silverstone round. Said he really would love to drive in DTM, and very keen to drive the Jag XKR GT3 when it was unveiled that day.

#1JamesThompsonFan
1st September 2008, 08:28
Fantastic news. Reidy back in BTCC would be only great things for the championship. Lets hope a few more names come home

Adam Bollons
1st September 2008, 18:49
What is Reidy nowadays 51? He could still whip most of the current breed!

PDS
1st September 2008, 18:59
Fantastic news. Reidy back in BTCC would be only great things for the championship.

WHY??

Lets see some new talent come into the championship!

#1JamesThompsonFan
1st September 2008, 19:09
WHY??

Lets see some new talent come into the championship!

Well the huge fan base he has to start with, and like Adam Bollons says, he could still be as competitive as Adam Jones, Mat Jackson, Steven Kane etc etc.

You asked me 'WHY?'... I ask you 'WHY NOT?'

PDS
1st September 2008, 19:28
Well the huge fan base he has to start with, and like Adam Bollons says, he could still be as competitive as Adam Jones, Mat Jackson, Steven Kane etc etc.

But Adam Jones Mat Jackson and Steven Kane are already in the BTCC! And giving us great racing!

I am not denying he has a large fan base! SO! The teams don't select their drivers to keep the fans happy!

According to VXRDartford, Reid said that he would only come back if someone was to pay for him to drive for them!

So that leaves VXR, SEAT and possibly WSR! AND the possibility of that happening?

Les
2nd September 2008, 06:11
time for the older ones to move on and the young uns to move up otherwise everything becomes so static. I don't even want to see Thommo back really - he has been and done it now it's someone elses turn

Eurotech
2nd September 2008, 09:08
Well Id say the last season of the 'legends' was in 2004 when we had Matt Neal, Yvan Muller, James Thompson, Anthony Reid, Jason Plato, Dan Eaves and it was the best year for James Kaye as well if you remember.

wedge
2nd September 2008, 11:20
time for the older ones to move on and the young uns to move up otherwise everything becomes so static.

:up:

BDunnell
2nd September 2008, 13:57
time for the older ones to move on and the young uns to move up otherwise everything becomes so static. I don't even want to see Thommo back really - he has been and done it now it's someone elses turn

I'd say there's room for both.

#1JamesThompsonFan
2nd September 2008, 15:18
Spot on :up:

Eurotech
2nd September 2008, 16:30
Itd be good to have Reidy back and also maybe Mr Kaye?