PDA

View Full Version : The new Technical Regulations for 2010

MJW
31st August 2008, 20:50
Just read in Autosport magazine that at the recent WR council it was not possible to reach agreement on the "detail" of the new cars that are to form S2000+. If agreement can not be reached by November meeting FIA will impose the S2000 (not plus) technical regulations.
Am I the only one here who is becoming suspicious ?
1. Ther is no global promoter (still)
2. Uncertainty on detail of technical regulations.
3. Unease at 2010 calendar - will Russia be included after its recent political stances?
Bloody hell its September 1st tomorrow, the 2009 season will be with us soon, and if FIA insist the new tech regs. are 15 months away, and no manufacturer knows what exactly they can build!

gloomyDAY
31st August 2008, 22:36
Just read in Autosport magazine that at the recent WR council it was not possible to reach agreement on the "detail" of the new cars that are to form S2000+. If agreement can not be reached by November meeting FIA will impose the S2000 (not plus) technical regulations.
3. Unease at 2010 calendar - will Russia be included after its recent political stances?
Bloody hell its September 1st tomorrow, the 2009 season will be with us soon, and if FIA insist the new tech regs. are 15 months away, and no manufacturer knows what exactly they can build!Well, where do I begin?

Remaining positive is increasingly difficult with the myriad of confusion in the WRC. I don't think what the manufacturers' are looking for is particularly difficult. Clear concise direction! *fingers crossed*

J4MIE
1st September 2008, 01:02
Hopefully they will just impose S2000, I'll be happy with that :up:

Donney
1st September 2008, 07:42
I'll be happy with anything that equals a little bit of a certainty towards a clear goal. It is sad to be happy with so little, but the way things look to be going that'd do for me. :(

White Sauron
1st September 2008, 07:56
Sorry, just can't keep silent seeing this:

Unease at 2010 calendar - will Russia be included after its recent political stances?

I don't know what your media puts in your heads (no, I actually DO know, just don't understand WHY), but what the hell is "Russian recent political stances"?!!! Russia was the only country to protect a free nation and its people from Georgian genocide. And if YOU think it's good that the USA supports such a martial and urespectable and dishonest behavior from Georgia, than Ok, seems that Europe is now also on its knees.
But calling that what Georgia did in the Caucases "Russian political stances" is a complete BS!!!

Sulland
1st September 2008, 08:28
Hopefully they will just impose S2000, I'll be happy with that :up:

So will I. Would love to see the WRC drivers in S2000 cars !

It would actually keep things cheap, clean and simple !

AndyRAC
1st September 2008, 08:31
Bloody hell its September 1st tomorrow, the 2009 season will be with us soon, and if FIA insist the new tech regs. are 15 months away, and no manufacturer knows what exactly they can build!

If the FIA/World Motorsport Council were doing their job properly they would address this issue as soon as possible. To be blunt the WRC is in a mess, very little promotion, little Manufacturer interest - and what are they doing about it? Exactly, not a lot!!
Both the WTCC & WRC are needing help, yet they sit idly by and take no notice. There is more to Motorsport than F1 - sort it out!!!
You can't blame Manufacturers from not joining when there is no clear leadership, no regs, calendar, etc

Lets have S2000/S2000+ but make it cheap and spectacular, WRCars are fantastic technology but not spectacular, and sound like strangled farts. As for the calendar; 12 rounds, Jan - Dec, 4 'classics' the other 8 rotate, 6 week gap in summer.

domaza
1st September 2008, 08:31

I don't know what your media puts in your heads (no, I actually DO know, just don't understand WHY), but what the hell is "Russian recent political stances"?!!! Russia was the only country to protect a free nation and its people from Georgian genocide. And if YOU think it's good that the USA supports such a martial and urespectable and dishonest behavior from Georgia, than Ok, seems that Europe is now also on its knees.
But calling that what Georgia did in the Caucases "Russian political stances" is a complete BS!!!

Sad, what Russian media is doing with its people ...

cali
1st September 2008, 08:49

Sorry, but does "protecting" now means occupying an independent republic and destroying two cities??? I feel very sad that people are still buying that "we are protecting" or "russian peacekeeping" BS!! Female estonian blonde snipers active in Chechnia - do You believe this as well??? KGB PROPAGANDA - like we had in soviet time, nothing else. But i feel sorry for the people who believe this ultimate and utter BS!!

My apologies for OT, but i could not resist to answer this "brainwashed" post!

Xsara Fan
1st September 2008, 09:06

Oh! No, no, no! The main problems with WRC Rally Russia are:
- too many white bears on the streets
- too many drank agressive people with Kalashnikov machine-guns & balalaika`s

Sorry, but does "protecting" now means occupying an independent republic and destroying two cities??? I feel very sad that people are still buying that "we are protecting" or "russian peacekeeping" BS!! Female estonian blonde snipers active in Chechnia - do You believe this as well??? KGB PROPAGANDA - like we had in soviet time, nothing else. But i feel sorry for the people who believe this ultimate and utter BS!!

My apologies for OT, but i could not resist to answer this "brainwashed" post!

Occupying? Hahaha! Tell me who need this poor Georgia here in rich Russia? NOBODY! Mr.Saakashvili try to play dangerous games but he has too small balls. Believe me, he will be a president of 'most democratic country in the world' (so funny!) for next 6 months and after that USA will change him.

Sorry, I must go for a walk with my white bear...

White Sauron
1st September 2008, 09:18

Good there's still at least one thing we agree on...

MJW
1st September 2008, 09:31
Originally Posted by MJW
I was suspicious about the Technical Regulations, I only added about Rally Russia as historically the WRC has been "nervous" of going to countries, witness the cancellation of the Safari from IRC, there were also some concerns about goingto Jordan. My reference to Rally Russia and whether it appears was not a political comment, but whether it would be convenient to drop it based upon the change in Russia's relationship with the west.

cali
1st September 2008, 09:37
Oh! No, no, no! The main problems with WRC Rally Russia are:
- too many white bears on the streets
- too many drank agressive people with Kalashnikov machine-guns & balalaika`s

Occupying? Hahaha! Tell me who need this poor Georgia here in rich Russia? NOBODY! Mr.Saakashvili try to play dangerous games but he has too small balls. Believe me, he will be a president of 'most democratic country in the world' (so funny!) for next 6 months and after that USA will change him.

Sorry, I must go for a walk with my white bear...

What do You care, who is reigning Georgia? For what i know, your troops are still in Goergia and i have the same question, quoting: "Tell me who need this poor Georgia here in rich Russia? NOBODY!" WHY ARE YOUR TROOPS STILL THERE THEN????

Well this post was what i was talking about russians :) Glad to see that You proved me right. Glad to see so many "friendly" towards other nations guys. I personally have nothing against russians but i do not like Your leaders. Can't they get along with their neighbours? Oh right, Jeltsin did, but it was too short period when he reigned.

And please mods, delete my post cause it is not in a appropriate topic :)

A.F.F.
1st September 2008, 09:43
Please folks, there's a couple of threads over the side of Chit Chat where you can talk about Russia or politics or tits&*** all you want. Please not here.

Viking
1st September 2008, 09:53
Wow is there an tits&*** forum, why am I here then :)

shurik
1st September 2008, 09:56
+1 to AAF
Also please note that Russia didn't even held candidate event so far more or less properly due to organizers, so it's a bit to early to speak about 2010..And all this stuff about rally Russia should be kept apart from politics, frankly speaking, it looks sick and smells bad.
As for global promoters and new tech, imo you won't see any changes, seems like FIA keeps loosing it's interest in rallying, and the only way to shake things up is a twist, like americans did with SCCA and Rally America.

Xsara Fan
1st September 2008, 10:00
What do You care, who is reigning Georgia? For what i know, your troops are still in Goergia and i have the same question, quoting: "Tell me who need this poor Georgia here in rich Russia? NOBODY!" WHY ARE YOUR TROOPS STILL THERE THEN????

Well this post was what i was talking about russians :) Glad to see that You proved me right. Glad to see so many "friendly" towards other nations guys. I personally have nothing against russians but i do not like Your leaders. Can't they get along with their neighbours? Oh right, Jeltsin did, but it was too short period when he reigned.

And please mods, delete my post cause it is not in a appropriate topic :)

Russian troops in Georgia? BS

As for you - glad to see so many "friendly" towards russian guys...

Finni
1st September 2008, 10:14
That's fun thread, let's keep it political. :) Hush, hush A.F.F!

What I have noticed from russian people they are quite a hotheads overally. So it's not surprise for me that absurd nationalism can be widespread and strong in that country. What it tells that Stalin can be voted as greatest russian people and he was actually second some time ago (don't know current results). Let's then vote that Hitler is greatest people of all time in the universum. ;)

Finni
1st September 2008, 10:19
Russian people in this thread of course gets their views from russian media which is purged from non-obedient humans. Of course in their view Georgia started this thing - without any reason. That's the same as Finland attacking against Russia in the second world war.

Xsara Fan
1st September 2008, 10:25

What I have noticed from russian people they are quite a hotheads overally. So it's not surprise for me that absurd nationalism can be widespread and strong in that country. What it tells that Stalin can be voted as greatest russian people and he was actually second some time ago (don't know current results). Let's then vote that Hitler is greatest people of all time in the universum. ;)

1. I`m not russian. I live in Russia but I`m vepsian.
2. Stalin was GEORGIAN, not Russian!!!! Great news for you? :)

shurik
1st September 2008, 10:28

He is the greatest person in Estonia, considering their nazi marches...

Xsara Fan
1st September 2008, 10:31
Poor European guys... Poor Russian guys... We both think that our opponents are blind.

Finni
1st September 2008, 10:33
2. Stalin was GEORGIAN, not Russian!!!! Great news for you? :)

So why are your young nationalists admiring that ugly georgian as if the best russian of all time?

AndyRAC
1st September 2008, 10:37
I thought this thread was about 2010 Tech regs, my mistake!

MJW
1st September 2008, 10:51
I thought this thread was about 2010 Tech regs, my mistake!

Yes - can we just consider Tech Regs and not geo-political issues.

Mark
1st September 2008, 10:59
This thread has too much politics in it to clean up. So I'm closing it instead. Remember this forum is about WRC, not international relations. There is a thread in Chit Chat if you wish to discuss the Russia-Georgia situation.

Please feel free to start another thread if you want to talk about the 2010 technical regs.