PDA

View Full Version : Punishment for Tarquini

Daniel
31st August 2008, 14:47
Did anyone see the obviously intentional push he did on Priaulx today?

What sort of punishment do people think he should get?

IMHO it should be a race ban for a whole weekend as he was just using the torque his engine had out of the corner to keep on pushing Priaux around. Contact happens but I fail to see how you can explain pushing another driver for a couple of seconds :mark:

Bye bye Gabriele! See you in a race or two hopefully :wave:

Edit: Bah he got a 60 second penalty. What a load of BS.....

#1JamesThompsonFan
31st August 2008, 22:17
Didnt see it, was at silverstone today, but will be finding out what happened, sounds intruiging

cos
31st August 2008, 22:52
Just seen that move. He just kept pushing at Priaulx's left rear until he spun off; absolutely shocking.

cos
31st August 2008, 23:06
Video of the incident: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkMKpbzNf1E

#1JamesThompsonFan
1st September 2008, 08:31
Thanks for that, was very naughty

BDunnell
1st September 2008, 12:47
The only reasonable explanation for that is if the wheels became interlocked, but it does look very much like he just kept on pushing until Priaulx spun. Not on.

thompp
1st September 2008, 15:44
I think his punishment should be - locked up in a room for an entire week with...(insert name here)

#1JamesThompsonFan
1st September 2008, 16:39
I think his punishment should be - locked up in a room for an entire week with...(insert name here)

... ANDY PRIAULX LOL

m0rk
1st September 2008, 18:32
never yet seen a racing driver back off when out accelerating someone...

but it was naughty :)

Adam Bollons
1st September 2008, 18:47
Very naughty! It would seem that the 40+ Italian Touring Car drivers are prepared to fight dirty when going for a championship!

Eurotech
1st September 2008, 19:21
Very Much so but in fairness, Andy did give him a little tap on the way in to the corner but that was unacceptable!

Iain
1st September 2008, 20:06
That was naughty, but he's still a touring car god.

Too many incidents like that lately though on straights in the WTCC and BTCC. Downright dangerous.

BDunnell
1st September 2008, 21:56
Too many incidents like that lately though on straights in the WTCC and BTCC. Downright dangerous.

Indeed. :up: I'm reminded of one that thankfully didn't end in tears, namely Giovanardi turning in on Mike Jordan at the end of the Donington straight two years ago, prompting Tim Harvey to call out "No, don't turn in!"