PDA

View Full Version : No access means no access

sills
30th January 2007, 23:07
Look in my opinion of course people want to see the test stage but if the rally organisers say no specator access even if its not at the test stage but on any stage then why do people bother trying to get in these are the people that should not be going to rallies they are people that are causing problems on the stages and having the stages run late its ridiclous if they say no access dont be a ass ho*e and cause problems these people that go to these places should not be aloud go to rallies plain and simple............................................ etc.................

msportphotos
2nd February 2007, 20:17
out of interest have you got any examples of this happening or are you just generalising?

Res Ipsa Loquitur
2nd February 2007, 20:32
I had an experience like this during the opening stage of the 2005 Manx International Rally. Up on Marine Drive on the Douglas Head Road, I tried to get through the stone archway to view the rally from further on into the stage. A marshall stopped me saying that it wasn't safe.

The only way through was where the drivers were queueing up to start. I figure they didn't want me to mess up their time settings. I had to wait a while to get access to stage 9 at Union Mills on the 2006 MIR because it would upset their timing equipment.

WRC2006
3rd February 2007, 14:36
Look in my opinion of course people want to see the test stage but if the rally organisers say no specator access even if its not at the test stage but on any stage then why do people bother trying to get in these are the people that should not be going to rallies they are people that are causing problems on the stages and having the stages run late its ridiclous if they say no access dont be a ass ho*e and cause problems these people that go to these places should not be aloud go to rallies plain and simple............................................ etc.................

Why no access?! I hate this.

We pay some money to enter the F1 test circuit, why not in rally they can secure the test area and if possible ask some money for people who want to see the test stage?

Even if they say no access, every time we will see people who broke the instructions.

sills
5th February 2007, 15:17
[quote="WRC2006"]Why no access?! I hate this.

We pay some money to enter the F1 test circuit, why not in rally they can secure the test area and if possible ask some money for people who want to see the test stage?

Its is a good idea and would prolbley work yeah thats my point people are always going to know access areas which is a load of bull these people are delaying stages, there is aplace at my home rally I wasnt at it But at the junction above and you could seethe amount of peoplr down there and it was a 1 left about 100 yards off the main road and there is no where to stan apart from on the bridge wall (thats like commiting suicide) stage was cancelled due o about 20 people who wouldnt move