PDA

View Full Version : New P1 teams to ALMS

FormerFF
29th August 2008, 21:39
From the ALMS site:

http://www.americanlemans.com/News/Article.aspx?ID=4734

Two of the Acura teams will be moving to P1 for 2009. Also, a new Zytek team will contest the series.

Mad_Hatter
30th August 2008, 01:53
Gee-ravy.

Next year is shaping up nicely.

Question: Where does the supposed closing of the GT1 rules leave the GT1-powered LMP1 cars? If that's even true.

Tom206wrc
30th August 2008, 15:51
That's good news !!! :cool:

I really hope the Zytek and Acura will come to the 24h of Le Mans soon :)

rob01
31st August 2008, 21:19
the more the merrier i say

Oli_M
31st August 2008, 22:27
Any idea how much of the schedule Audi and Peugeot are planning to run? Imagining it will be Sebring and Petit as a minimum?

F1boat
1st September 2008, 07:55
I hope that Audi will compete for the whole season.

FormerFF
1st September 2008, 16:38
I hope that Audi will compete for the whole season.

Audi always plays coy about their involvement, so we won't get an announcement until next year. But, if they leave now that Acura is coming, it would make them look like they were afraid of the competition, so I can't see them leaving next year. Also, in the past, they have publicly announced that they would welcome the competition.

The other thing that this almost guarantees is that the ALMS will adopt the full set of rule changes that the ACO has come up with to slow the P2 cars relative to the P1 cars, so it's extremely unlikely that you'll see any P2 cars winning overall next year.

RacinRandy
2nd September 2008, 00:57
the more the merrier i say

Yes, the more the merrier, since I heard that the ALMS is adding two new tracks for next year, including, yes, INDY! An official announcement is supposed to be announced at Petit. Film at eleven!

Standby!

anupacraig
2nd September 2008, 10:45
Gil de Ferran returned to racing this year with de Ferran Motorsports and Acura and had served as sporting director for the Honda Formula One racing team before establishing his new ALMS team.

-----------------------------------------
anupacraig

consumer generated media (http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/consumer%20generated%20media)

wmcot
10th September 2008, 06:48
Also, a new Zytek team will contest the series.

Are you referring to the Zytec run by Corsa Motorsports with hybrid bio-ethanol/electric power? That will be interesting to see! I hope it is competitive in the near future (or at least at the top of the non-diesels.)