PDA

View Full Version : McLarem impressed with Kovy... zzzzzz

bontebempo
27th August 2008, 17:20
http://www.itv-f1.com/news_article.aspx?id=43745

Why are they always saying this? He's an ok driver who will never win a WDC. Just like Button, Coulthard, Fisi etc.

Ok McLaren, your happy Kovy is not challenging Lewis as much as Alonso was. We are all happy for you!

bontebempo
27th August 2008, 17:21
sorry for the spelling in the title before everyone pounces.

Knock-on
27th August 2008, 17:39
Always saying what?

The article praises HK progression by Martin. What's wrong with that?

If you don't want to read it, don't bother. Simple.

ioan
27th August 2008, 17:52

Why are they always saying this? He's an ok driver who will never win a WDC. Just like Button, Coulthard, Fisi etc.

Ok McLaren, your happy Kovy is not challenging Lewis as much as Alonso was. We are all happy for you!

Don't bother anymore man.
McLaren and the typical Ronspeak are not worth losing your time to read what they say, it's always the same:

- we are the best and if x didn't happen than Lewis would have won
- Lewis is the best there is because ... (insert any reason you wish)
- Kovalainen is extraordinary, impressive etc since we rebuilt him
- our team's integrity is the greatest there is, no one is as immaculate as, just take a look at Ron crying when we were accused

And all this after each and every GP, no matter if they win or lose, it's the same bland sh!t.

yodasarmpit
27th August 2008, 18:18
The article is titled "McLaren pleased with Kovy improvement"

I don't understand what's wrong with that, he has improved recently, and his team are happy with him.

bontebempo
27th August 2008, 20:10
Always saying what?

The article praises HK progression by Martin. What's wrong with that?

If you don't want to read it, don't bother. Simple.

i shall read what i like thanks!
If you don't like this thread don't read it.

Just saying Mclaren always go on about how Kovy will give lewis a hard time etc.

pino
27th August 2008, 21:00
ok let's continue this nicely thank you...

gloomyDAY
27th August 2008, 22:09
4th place is admirable.

Did you want Kovy to win the race?
I'm sure he'll be more consistent next year.

Also, I was just curious as to whether you're one of the fans who were griping over Kovy's qualifying. You know, the hard/soft tire ordeal in Valencia. There are many people on this board who were angered over that incident.

ioan
27th August 2008, 22:49
I'm sure he'll be more consistent next year.

Yep, consistently slow! :D

Valve Bounce
27th August 2008, 23:57
McLaren and the typical Ronspeak are not worth losing your time to read what they say, it's always the same:

- our team's integrity is the greatest there is, no one is as immaculate as, just take a look at Ron crying when we were accused

And all this after each and every GP, no matter if they win or lose, it's the same bland sh!t.

Boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Valve Bounce
27th August 2008, 23:59

That's a bit harsh, lumping kovi together with bunsen. :(

Rollo
28th August 2008, 00:14
ZOMG! Ron Dennis, I'd better complain about it quick! :D

Berger, Alesi, Johannson, Coulthard, Button, Irvine, Barichello, Villeneuve, Alliot, Reutermann, Moss, Ickx, Regazzoni, Depallier, Laffite, Tambay, Patrese etc etc etc.

In any given year there is ONE driver who wins the World Championship. There are all sorts of mecurial, decent and fast drivers who will never win. A comment like this is as inevitable as the tide going in or out. Do you really expect, a team to rubbish their own driver?

If Kova wasn't performing to a level they expected, they'd replace him with someone else. There's nothing remarkable about that at all. "They" could be any team that has ever existed... pick one!

Please allow me to runt the article through my Microprose Formula One Grand Prix filter:

Jean-Paul Cassell has now become a more complete driver after overcoming the tyre wear problems that were hampering his race pace earlier in the season, says Spectre-Cassini CEO Johnathon Trainor.
The 26-year-old has generally shown strong qualifying speed throughout his debut year at Spectre, but initially struggled to convert that into consistently strong race finishes.
But after scoring his maiden victory, albeit in fortuitous circumstances, in Hungary and finishing a solid fourth in Valencia, Trainor reckons Cassell is progressing well.
Argh, it still makes sense... run!

CNR
28th August 2008, 00:19
NO DRIVER FAVOURED WITH US - DENNIS
http://www.sportinglife.com/formula1/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=formula1/08/08/27/AUTO_Dennis.html

Lewis Hamilton's boss, Ron Dennis, has denied favouring the Formula One championship leader over his McLaren team-mate Heikki Kovalainen.
Hamilton leads the current drivers standings with 70 points while Kovalainen is fifth with 43 but McLaren team principal Dennis has reasserted the policy neither driver is favoured.
Dennis has also rejected the idea of team orders at McLaren even though Hamilton appears to have the best chance of winning the drivers' title.

what a dickhead (but we know this is (pen and teller))

01Lewis Hamilton70

05Heikki Kovalainen43

With six races to go Heikki has no hope of beating lewis

gloomyDAY
28th August 2008, 02:25
NO DRIVER FAVOURED WITH US - DENNIS
http://www.sportinglife.com/formula1/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=formula1/08/08/27/AUTO_Dennis.html

what a dickhead (but we know this is (pen and teller))

01Lewis Hamilton70

05Heikki Kovalainen43

With six races to go Heikki has no hope of beating lewis
This is Lewis' fault? Heikki was plagued with bad luck in the beginning of the season. Making up points towards the end is a daunting task and jeopardizing the title hopes of another contender is silly.

Tough pill to swallow, but that's racing. If at any point in this championship you see Kovy ahead of Hamilton in a race do not expect that to be the end result.

PolePosition_1
28th August 2008, 09:06

To be honest, they wouldn't be a great team if they didn't believe in themselves and their drivers.

Ferrari (another great team) always say how good they are and how they're the best. And good on them.

Though I am suprised they seem so happy with Heikki. If he was more of a match for Lewis, they would be leading the constructors title.

But then we have to look at it as what can they say? They are hardly going to critisize him in public, they just got to keep praising his progress and hope he will match Lewis.

Though I do find his performances were better at beginning of the year, where he matched Lewis on the occassion, now he is more consistant, but consistantly 0.2s off Lewis.

ioan
28th August 2008, 10:35
To be honest, they wouldn't be a great team if they didn't believe in themselves and their drivers.

Honestly I think that all these self proclaiming press releases from McLaren show that they aren't a great team. It shows that they don't have the strength to bounce back, that they need their team managers to up them every time they fail, otherwise they would slump in mediocrity.
It is pathetic.

Ferrari (another great team) always say how good they are and how they're the best. And good on them.

I don't agree.
If Ferrari lose they don't come with excuses and scenarios about how they should have / would have won IF...
They just say that they will try harder hoping that they will manage a better result.
And yes this is the sign of a true great team, who knows they need to work to get there, no need of being praised for nothing in order to boost their morale.

SGWilko
28th August 2008, 11:00
Honestly I think that all these self proclaiming press releases from McLaren show that they aren't a great team. It shows that they don't have the strength to bounce back, that they need their team managers to up them every time they fail, otherwise they would slump in mediocrity.
It is pathetic.

I don't agree.
If Ferrari lose they don't come with excuses and scenarios about how they should have / would have won IF...
They just say that they will try harder hoping that they will manage a better result.
And yes this is the sign of a true great team, who knows they need to work to get there, no need of being praised for nothing in order to boost their morale.

Ya da ya da ya da. Same carp, different team;

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/70068

555-04Q2
28th August 2008, 11:38

No. Different fish and different team.

ioan
28th August 2008, 11:53

After this post of yours I came to the conclusion that you either can't read, or you don't understand plain ol English, or both! :D

jens
28th August 2008, 12:36
I don't understand, why do you take teams' press releases so seriously and find reasons to discuss about them?! Isn't it easier to just skip them?

schmenke
28th August 2008, 14:20
I don't understand, why do you take teams' press releases so seriously and find reasons to discuss about them?! Isn't it easier to just skip them?

Yes, I generally do.

Dave B
28th August 2008, 14:43
At some point I imagine BMW will praise Kubica, Red Bull will have good things to say about Webber, and Force India will claim that Sutil is the best thing since sliced bread.

Hold the front page.

rabf1
28th August 2008, 17:06
The point is that McLaren has to say positive things but everyone knows HK hasn't gotten it done and will be history soon.

yodasarmpit
28th August 2008, 17:34
After this post of yours I came to the conclusion that you either can't read, or you don't understand plain ol English, or both! :D Are you ****ing serious, both articles are the same, a team giving a vote of confidence to one of their drivers.

This is not news, it's not even worthy of a post in this forum.

gloomyDAY
28th August 2008, 17:40
The point is that McLaren has to say positive things but everyone knows HK hasn't gotten it done and will be history soon.I hope that's not the case because HK can be quick.

ioan
28th August 2008, 19:18
Are you ****ing serious, both articles are the same, a team giving a vote of confidence to one of their drivers.

One team is giving a vote of confidence and the other one is hyping their drivers, up to you to guess who's doing what! :D

ShiftingGears
29th August 2008, 09:29
The point is that McLaren has to say positive things but everyone knows HK hasn't gotten it done and will be history soon.

I doubt he'll be history soon. After 2007 I bet McLaren would want a driver less talented than Hamilton for quite a while.

Knock-on
29th August 2008, 09:52
Are you ****ing serious, both articles are the same, a team giving a vote of confidence to one of their drivers.

Don't feed the trolls :laugh:

All teams praise their drivers. Ferrari, McLaren, Force India.

Just another excuse for some people to demonstrate how much they dislike McLaren.

No big deal. Nothing to see. Carry on walking past. :D

SGWilko
29th August 2008, 10:25
After this post of yours I came to the conclusion that you either can't read, or you don't understand plain ol English, or both! :D

Could you provide your post on disc, as an audio file, seeing as I cannot read.....

Despite the smily, I think you are bordering on a personal insult, and it's not appreciated, nor necessary.

But, as I can't read, clearly, I suppose you are in the clear.

bontebempo
29th August 2008, 11:17
Don't feed the trolls :laugh:

All teams praise their drivers. Ferrari, McLaren, Force India.

Just another excuse for some people to demonstrate how much they dislike McLaren.

No big deal. Nothing to see. Carry on walking past. :D

you still reading this thread? Thought it was pointless? And whats this obsession with Trolls?

ioan
29th August 2008, 11:29
Could you provide your post on disc, as an audio file, seeing as I cannot read.....

Despite the smily, I think you are bordering on a personal insult, and it's not appreciated, nor necessary.

But, as I can't read, clearly, I suppose you are in the clear.

It was not an insult, thus the smiley. But you can take it as an insult, if you wish to. :D
I know you can read and write! :rolleyes:

ioan
29th August 2008, 11:30
you still reading this thread? Thought it was pointless? And whats this obsession with Trolls?

He's looking for his best friends! :laugh:

pino
29th August 2008, 11:31
Let's quit personal comments/attacks...thank you :rolleyes: