PDA

View Full Version : Lewis Hamilton fears Ferrari speed

CNR
26th August 2008, 03:00
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/formulaone/2620476/Lewis-Hamilton-fears-Ferrari-speed---Formula-One.html

Hamilton did not feel he could have pushed himself any harder during the Grand Prix of Europe in Valencia on Sunday, but no matter what he did the effect was the same: the red smudge on the horizon, Felipe Massa's Ferrari, became ever smaller.
"I was driving my butt off," he said, "but he was edging away and I couldn't do anything about it. I could have tried pushing even harder, but that increases the risk of an accident. It would have been silly to throw away second place – it was better to be smart and take the eight points. That situation might have played against me last year, but it won't now. There will be other times when I get the chance to take points off him."
The question is when. Massa was as dominant three weeks ago in Budapest, a track that was supposed to favour McLaren, as he was in Valencia, but his engine detonated three laps from home. He should be leading Hamilton by five points, but instead trails him by six. Team-mate Kimi Raikkonen suffered a similar failure in Spain on Sunday, and all the signs point to a rogue batch of materials being to blame for both incidents.

http://www.paddocktalk.com/news/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=index&catid=&topic=8 Ferrari Reliability Problem May Force Unscheduled Engine Change
http://www.paddocktalk.com/news/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=92674&newlang=&topic=8&catid=0

Valve Bounce
26th August 2008, 04:03
The text does not bear any resemblance to the heading of this thread.

Are we stooping to headline rubbish tactics of tabloids here?

CNR
26th August 2008, 06:46
The text does not bear any resemblance to the heading of this thread.

Are we stooping to headline rubbish tactics of tabloids here?

if it works for them why not ?

ok i will read them then make up the title

Hamilton did not feel he could have pushed himself any harder during the Grand Prix of Europe in Valencia on Sunday

lewis to chicken to drive as fast as massa

harsha
26th August 2008, 07:55
i would expect massa to take the free engine in spa...

Spa is really a track where i expect Raikkonen and Ferrari to do well...Rakka has always been fast in Spa and Ferrari seems to have a good package for spa...

PolePosition_1
26th August 2008, 09:33
i would expect massa to take the free engine in spa...

Spa is really a track where i expect Raikkonen and Ferrari to do well...Rakka has always been fast in Spa and Ferrari seems to have a good package for spa...

Dunno, if he takes engine change for Spa, he'll have to do Spa and Monza with same engine.

Whatever they decide is tough because all 3 tracks have proved hard on the engines.

If I were them I'd just stick with current engine for Spa, maybe lose some performance, or hope its raining so they can tune it down a bit.

Does anyone know the cause of Kimi failure?

Its just they've fixed Massa's problem. So if they can find the exact cause of Kimi, and know how to ensure it won't happen again and won't have affected Massa's, they should just keep him on same one.

Valve Bounce
26th August 2008, 09:58
if it works for them why not ?

ok i will read them then make up the title

lewis to chicken to drive as fast as massa

You need to go back to school to improve your spelling, as well as your comprehension of English.

CNR
26th August 2008, 10:44
You need to go back to school to improve your spelling, as well as your comprehension of English.

i hated teaching

leopard
26th August 2008, 10:47
People use lowercase to say opinions humbly, otherwise the 'shift' button doesn't work. :)

Valve Bounce
26th August 2008, 11:08
i hated teaching

I can see that. I just wonder whose teaching you hated most. :rolleyes:

ioan
26th August 2008, 12:43
The detonated engines cylce:

Massa: Germany + Hungary
Raikkonen: Hungary + Valencia

If they managed to find the problem with Massa's engine in Hungary than it may well be that he is already running a trouble free engine at the moment.

It may well be that Kimi had an engine that suffered the same problem as Felipe's in Hungary, but they had to stick with it because he already used his free engine change and a 10 place penalty would have meant he can as well not bother to race.

Let's see what was the problem with Kimi's engine. If it's something different I reckon that Ferrari will have to pray hard to the engine Gods!
Using the same engine for Spa and Monza, an this for both cars, means suicide.
Not to mention that they have only 10 days to come up with a solution.

Knock-on
26th August 2008, 13:00
The detonated engines cylce:

Massa: Germany + Hungary
Raikkonen: Hungary + Valencia

If they managed to find the problem with Massa's engine in Hungary than it may well be that he is already running a trouble free engine at the moment.

It may well be that Kimi had an engine that suffered the same problem as Felipe's in Hungary, but they had to stick with it because he already used his free engine change and a 10 place penalty would have meant he can as well not bother to race.

Let's see what was the problem with Kimi's engine. If it's something different I reckon that Ferrari will have to pray hard to the engine Gods!
Using the same engine for Spa and Monza, an this for both cars, means suicide.
Not to mention that they have only 10 days to come up with a solution.

You're right. It was the same as Massa; Conrod failure possibly the same batch.

Kimi had used his wildcard engine change after the exhaust failure so they couldn't change it on a freebee before the race.

It's not out on the sites yet but will be soon if you want a link.

ArrowsFA1
26th August 2008, 13:02

Ferrari suspect that the engine failure that put Kimi Raikkonen out of the European Grand Prix could have been caused by the same con rod issues that result in Felipe Massa retiring in Hungary.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/70079

Knock-on
26th August 2008, 13:25
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/70079

Thanks mate, should have checked Autosport :/

Brown, Jon Brow
26th August 2008, 14:18
Dunno, if he takes engine change for Spa, he'll have to do Spa and Monza with same engine.

Whatever they decide is tough because all 3 tracks have proved hard on the engines.

If I were them I'd just stick with current engine for Spa, maybe lose some performance, or hope its raining so they can tune it down a bit.

Rain might give Hamilton an advantage though...

ioan
26th August 2008, 14:33

Kimi had used his wildcard engine change after the exhaust failure so they couldn't change it on a freebee before the race.

It's not out on the sites yet but will be soon if you want a link.

It's OK, I believe you! ;)

Knock-on
26th August 2008, 14:37
It's OK, I believe you! ;)

As you know, if I say something is fact, it's because it can be backed up as Arrows kindly did for me.

If it's opinion, I try to justify why I believe it.

If I cannot back it up, I as people to class it as rumour and nothing more.

Wish you did the same ;)

ioan
26th August 2008, 14:50
As you know, if I say something is fact, it's because it can be backed up as Arrows kindly did for me.

If it's opinion, I try to justify why I believe it.

If I cannot back it up, I as people to class it as rumour and nothing more.

Wish you did the same ;)

Read my signature! :p :

Knock-on
26th August 2008, 15:20
Read my signature! :p :

After the first sentence, I dismissed the rest as a work of fantasy. :p

ioan
26th August 2008, 16:43
After the first sentence, I dismissed the rest as a work of fantasy. :p

Like I usually do with your posts! :D

BDunnell
26th August 2008, 19:19
Can we please stop this? Every thread is becoming the same.

pino
26th August 2008, 19:28
ioan and Knockie, give it a rest or both of you will end with a month ban, I won't repeat this again !

Knock-on
27th August 2008, 10:18
ioan and Knockie, give it a rest or both of you will end with a month ban, I won't repeat this again !

Pino old fruit, I think you will find that ioan and I were having a laugh for the last few posts and it was ment in humour, hence lots of :p , :D and ;)

If you want to give me a month ban for debating and defending my opinion then feel free but kindly enlighten me as to what rules I have broken first ;)

pino
27th August 2008, 14:17
Pino old fruit, I think you will find that ioan and I were having a laugh for the last few posts and it was ment in humour, hence lots of :p , :D and ;)

If you want to give me a month ban for debating and defending my opinion then feel free but kindly enlighten me as to what rules I have broken first ;)

Yes in this thread you were having a laugh, how about in the other threads ? Knockie I honestely think you two should agree to disagree sometimes, and stop fighting at every occasion. As for enlight you, you have 2 options :

1) Read the sticky thread on top page

2) Meet me in Newcastle at the end of next month, and I will enlight you about our F1 forum rules (that will cost you a dozen beers though) :p :

Knock-on
27th August 2008, 14:34
Yes in this thread you were having a laugh, how about in the other threads ? Knockie I honestely think you two should agree to disagree sometimes, and stop fighting at every occasion. As for enlight you, you have 2 options :

1) Read the sticky thread on top page

2) Meet me in Newcastle at the end of next month, and I will enlight you about our F1 forum rules (that will cost you a dozen beers though) :p :

I can do Nottingham tomorrow afternoon if it helps just as long as I don't have to sit on your knee again. ;)