PDA

View Full Version : Ron: Hanilton is the best driver in F1

ioan
25th August 2008, 17:43
But not in the eyes of the 61-year-old who said: "It always amuses me to see these motorsport magazine evaluations of drivers.

"For me you have to take into consideration how long a driver has been in Formula One when you evaluate his performance.

"For no other reason that puts Lewis top of the heap. He is the best in Formula One at the moment.

"If you take into account how little experience he has had, that's the bit that gives him the edge.

"It doesn't mean to say he is particularly quicker than the others, or he has dominated, it's just you have to take how long they have been involved in the sport as one of the values."

"What he is driving is immaterial," insisted Dennis.

http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,18954,3213_4047504,00.html

How about Vettel, Ron?
He's only been in F1 about as long as Lewy, and last week end was the fastest guy out there, just take a look at the fastest lap times posted during the qualis. All this in a STR, not a McLaren!

PS 1: This is not a thread for bashing. I just question Ron's opinion based on the reason he gives.
PS 2: Can someone edit Lewy's name in the thread title? Thanks! And delete the double of this thread. I must take more care next time.