PDA

View Full Version : How is the winter treating you?

52Paddy
6th December 2006, 16:59
Ireland is having quite a cold, miserable winter for 2006. At least Dublin is. If it's not raining or wet, it's bloody freezing. It's 'coal fire' season again and we've got the thing blazing at the moment....fantastic!

And yourself?

52Paddy
6th December 2006, 17:00
By the way, hello to everyone again? Nice new joint. :)

Donney
6th December 2006, 17:01
Here it's extremely wet and windy. I like it.

BTCC2
6th December 2006, 17:02
Quite mild for this time of year up north. about 6 degrees in the mornings

Azumanga Davo
6th December 2006, 17:02
I daresay its all going rather well, with this newly fangled daylight saving ruining my curtains and doing a darn fine job of preparing myself for a full sunburning in the afternoon. ;)

WA. State of Boredom? Noooo.... :D

Eki
6th December 2006, 17:31
+7 C and green grass in southern Finland.

Captain VXR
6th December 2006, 17:46
Boring,mild and rain

Mp3 Astra
6th December 2006, 17:54
Freezing, windy and freezing. Could be worse... Thanks for asking! :)

schmenke
6th December 2006, 18:07
Well, after a couple of weeks of a record-breaking deep freeze, we are back to normal temps... about -3 deg C right now.

oily oaf
6th December 2006, 18:09
It's 18.00 in Whitechapel as a cloying, gaseous fog rolls in from the Thames enveloping the wharfs and squat buildings that cluster together like teeth on the embankments.
Suddenly the din of a horse drawn carriage breaks the silence as it clatters over the cobbled streets eventually coming to a haunt outside a small car dealership and garage.
A tall distinguished figure emerges and strides purposefully towards the pie and mash shop, a large stilsons wrench peeping provocatively from his hip pocket.
Brushing aside the fervent attentions of a gaggle of besotted young women who claw feverishly at his overalls the handsome brute strides to the portal of the shop, the delicate, all pervading aroma of stewed eels and liquor flooding his senses.
Suddenly out of the swirling mists a cloaked figure lunges at him the moonlight winking and flashing on a wicked looking blade which he draws from his flowing cloak.
Then it's over. The handsome young superstud mechanic sinks slowly to his knees as his warm blood gurgles from a deep wound to his neck.

Apart from that it's not been too bad.
A bit nippy first thing but not too shabby when the old currant bun came out :s mokin:

Daniel
6th December 2006, 20:19
Tis soggy and rainy with a bit of light wind relief here in Wales. So today, we (Caroline, Daniel and several small people) found a lovely piece of exposed ground and went tree planting! Even though we got soaked it was great :)

I should log in as myself and stop posting as Daniel :s

Powered by Cosworth
6th December 2006, 20:26
Summer Breeze, makes me feel fineee!

(Bloody Cold.)

J4MIE
6th December 2006, 20:28
Not been too cold so far. I'm hoping it will continue but the car park at work was like an ice rink this evening...and no de-icer in the car too :rolleyes:

jens
6th December 2006, 23:23
Raining and temperature being between +5 and +10 even in DECEMBER. :(

Can hardly wait for snow...

Ian McC
6th December 2006, 23:54
Has it started then, a bit mild so far.........

harvick#1
7th December 2006, 00:07
it has been around 0-5 degrees C here in Illinois, I love this weather, theres snow on the ground everywhere and its a great time in the season.

Daniel
7th December 2006, 04:08
Has it started then, a bit mild so far.........

Yes. Even this Australian thinks it's pretty mild at the moment!

Quattroporte
7th December 2006, 04:10
I would just like to point out that it is 20-30 degs Celsius down here. BRING ONN THE SUMMER!! :D

DocF225
7th December 2006, 05:40
Started gettin cold this week. Last Friday it was a balmy 60'. Monday we got our first snow. Man, I miss So. California.

Brown, Jon Brow
7th December 2006, 10:25
You stole my thread :evil:

http://btccpages.motorsportforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112557

raybak
7th December 2006, 10:45
Very hot around 35 Celcius today. Lucky I've got air con in the car.

Ray

expat1
7th December 2006, 11:10
It´s raining right now (again or still I can´t say),stron winds and it´s around +5 degrees, as jens said, everything is just muddy and dirty, no clean white blanket to cover up all the dirt and make it a little more light here :(
I want snow and a proper winter now! (and a white christmas, please and a white "talv rally")
Damn, thats why we came here because we thought the winter here is still white and cold :s :(
So I´m depressed, but on the other hand who am I to complain, I use my car very often (even if I could use the bus or my bike) and can´t count the cans of hairspray I used in my live.... I´m a ozone layer killer :s

Ian McC
7th December 2006, 11:59
Oh look, it's raining again :rolleyes:

LotusElise
7th December 2006, 12:31
All this wind and rain we've had has blow all kinds of strange objects on to my roof terrace. Including a full-size tarpaulin...

CarlMetro
7th December 2006, 12:37
Apart from the strong winds trying their best to knock down my fence, and a bit of rain, it's been more of an extended Autumn rather than the beginning of Winter so far.

I dare say we'll see some sort of retribution next year when we get snow in March again.

52Paddy
7th December 2006, 14:39

Sorry Jon :p :

Sleeper
7th December 2006, 15:39
Just went to the shops to get the latest Autosport and I get half drowned for my troubles. Bloody weather

555-04Q2
7th December 2006, 15:45
Winter :?: Its spring/summer down here. 38 degrees celcius in the shade and the car temperature gauge registered 53 degrees celcius at 2pm this afternoon :s hock:

I'll take winter anytime :)

schmenke
7th December 2006, 15:55
Winter :?: Its spring/summer down here. 38 degrees celcius in the shade and the car temperature gauge registered 53 degrees celcius at 2pm this afternoon :s hock:

Let's swap! :D

Daniel
7th December 2006, 16:37

Yes but you should hopefully get a thunderstorm soom right? The last time I went to SA we must have almost had about a dozen thunderstorms in the 2 months we were there :D

Brown, Jon Brow
7th December 2006, 17:13
Just went to the shops to get the latest Autosport and I get half drowned for my troubles. Bloody weather

I know what you mean! I got drenched by the rain and almost blown in the path of a bus walking to the railway station a few minutes ago.

Weather seems good in London though.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6217514.stm

oily oaf
7th December 2006, 17:53
Yeah it's absolutely blinding in Londinium today.
One minute the old currant is shining brightly and the next we are plunged into inky blackness followed in very short order by torrential rain and hail accompanied by viciously strong gusty winds.

A tornado has swept through Kensal Rise in North London causing thousands of pounds of improvement across the neighbourhood.
Latest emergency service reports state that there is no cause for panic as only Queens Park Rangers and Arsenal fans have been affected.
A police spokesperson announced earlier that no, repeat no West Ham supporter's homes were damaged in the maelstrom. :s mokin:

CarlMetro
7th December 2006, 18:09
Whilst the wind may be strong, it just ain't 'ard enuff to venture anywhere past Commercial Street ;)

oily oaf
7th December 2006, 18:48
Whilst the wind may be strong, it just ain't 'ard enuff to venture anywhere past Commercial Street ;)

Quite ;)

harvick#1
7th December 2006, 19:09
it was -12 degrees C here today or 9 degrees F. it was a tad cold today

schmenke
7th December 2006, 19:11
Warming up here now :) About 8 deg C now and the forecast for tomorrow is about the same :bounce:

Erki
7th December 2006, 20:09
It's +10*C here. Weather has been miserable here for few last weeks, I already thought I was in Wales... But today, sun came out! Walking to school, I almost limped, just to increase the pleasure of being in the sun and accumulate vitamin D. Brightens up the mood as well.

eirenspeed
7th December 2006, 20:37
Unemployed, Living in my car since March this year in Denver Co. Sorta getting cold this time of year. :(

fandango
7th December 2006, 20:39
It's been a really mild Autumn (Winter doesn't officially start here until the solstice. No, it's not the same everywhere). Up to a few days ago max temp was 18-20ºC. Very strange. Now it's a bit fresher, but min temp still doesn't go below 10ºC I'd say.

Yesterday was a pissy wet day, just like the ones you get in Britain or Ireland (particularly the South Circular Road, Paddy), but I can't remember when the last really rainy day was before that - and people ask me if I'd want to live in Ireland again!

Of course, the Catalans think they're in Siberia...

555-04Q2
8th December 2006, 07:02
Yes but you should hopefully get a thunderstorm soom right? The last time I went to SA we must have almost had about a dozen thunderstorms in the 2 months we were there :D

Only on the Reef. Down here in Durban by the coast we dont get thunderstorms like they do in Johannesburg :(

555-04Q2
8th December 2006, 07:03
Let's swap! :D

Anytime ;)

BTCC2
21st December 2006, 13:41
Woke up this morning and went down town early morning christmas shopping with my friends it was -1.7 degrees and as we were walking through the park some kid ran up behind his mate and pushed him in the lake. At first we thought it was hilarious, that was until the kid got out of the water, he was shivvering like hell and he was almost completely pale. In the end we had to call an ambulance for him.

What a weird start to the day!!!

RaikkonenRules
21st December 2006, 15:19

Hey relax. :) I f someone steals your thread surely this means it was a good one. ;)

RaikkonenRules
21st December 2006, 15:25
Here it's extremely wet and windy. I like it.

:erm: ... You very strange little man. :p :

We have experienced some very dense fog for the past two days. Seems to have cleared up today and there isn't a cloud in the sky :D but it's still fricking freezing outside thanks to the frost. :mad: Ah tis the season to be jolly :rolleyes:

Mark in Oshawa
21st December 2006, 19:35
Woke up this morning and went down town early morning christmas shopping with my friends it was -1.7 degrees and as we were walking through the park some kid ran up behind his mate and pushed him in the lake. At first we thought it was hilarious, that was until the kid got out of the water, he was shivvering like hell and he was almost completely pale. In the end we had to call an ambulance for him.

What a weird start to the day!!!

You would never see a Canadian kid do that, Hypothermia can kill you in a hurry. This winter has just been easy for us in Southern Ontario, just a dusting of snow for one day, been 6 C every day with a lot of sun of late. The ski resort operators are catatonic as they see the holiday ski season swirling down the toilet, but those of us who drive for a living don't mind this nicer weather. That said, it is Canada, and sooner or later it will snow, usually at the most inconvenient time. To those in the midwest and up in Colorado who just got whacked with more snow, you can keep it!!!!!

Hazell B
21st December 2006, 19:40
Ice so thick on my vehicle the blade bent on my scraper.

Frozen cobwebs in the stable cat's whiskers all day.

All the locks frozen up at the yard.

Ah, winter is finally here :p :

slinkster
21st December 2006, 21:29
I wish we had frost making things look all wintery! I haven't been able to see a bleedin' thing all day it's been so foggy!

Dave B
21st December 2006, 21:48
They're cataracts :p

Drew
21st December 2006, 23:22
Hmm, I must always be in the place where the weather is different to everywhere else, no fog - just a bit cold!

J4MIE
21st December 2006, 23:43
Nice here today, mild, sunny and clear :)

I wish all of winter was like this!