PDA

View Full Version : Miggins going for 3!

Doon
30th January 2007, 16:46
I read the article about Mark Higgins going for 3 championships in 2007 in motorsport news the other week, BRC, PWRC and ITC. I think all are well within his grasp....but maybe on their own! What I mean is, as we all know the BRC and ITC have 3 crossover rounds; the Jim Clark, Manx and Ulster. So does anyone know his stratagy in terms of which cars he will use, GroupN/WRC, on which events. I know i'm stating the obvious here, but in the WRC car he will not score BRC points, and on the other hand in a Group N car he wont be on the pace of the WRC cars. Correct me if i'm wrong, but this is a very tall order! As for the PWRC, if luck is on his side, he'll clean up!

Cheers

Simmi
30th January 2007, 17:47
He wouldnt have been better putting his funds together and doing an 8-10 round WRC campaign?

atsiotras79
30th January 2007, 18:38
He wouldnt have been better putting his funds together and doing an 8-10 round WRC campaign?

+1!!!

Doon
31st January 2007, 09:18
Silly me..... I read the article again last night, it says he will be using the Group N Subaru on the 3 crossover rounds! I dont think his budget would cover him for that many rounds in a WRC car to be honest.

cut the b.s.
31st January 2007, 12:43

If they were 'his' funds I'm sure this is a call he could make, I gather he is going where his sponsors want him to compete, surely its their funds so their call

rwssport
31st January 2007, 13:13
As far as I know Pirelli are sponsoring Miggins and Derek McGarrity in the ITC.
I guess it will be Stobart again for the BRC and I don't know about the PWRC although IIRC Stobart sponsored him there as well the last time he did it back in 2005.