PDA

View Full Version : Can something be done about non-IRL spoilers in the topic headers?

Marbles
21st August 2008, 23:16
No offense intended but it would be nice if some posters used a bit of discretion when posting about other race series in this forum. I can understand coming across an IRL spoiler in a topic header the day after a race, something which used to be frowned upon here, but ferchissakes, I certainly don't expect detailed results about Atlantics, Star Mazda, and IPS... in the header. Are we hoping to get hired at the local weekly writing headlines? I know it's tape delayed but the Star Mazda race hasn't even been broadcast yet!

How about something along the lines of Trois Rivieres Results -- Star Mazda or some such thing.

Would it be possible to get moderator action regarding this?

Marbles
21st August 2008, 23:44
Apologies to all if I came across as harsh but spoilers are a particular sore spot with me. I even avoid movie traliers if I knowI'm going to see the movie :) . Thanks Starter.

speeddurango
22nd August 2008, 03:15
I 100 percent agree with there buddy, I remember the world cup back in 2006 when I had to watch a replay I tried my best not to go to any major website at all cost but just when I went to my French learning site, on the first page, there's a big headline saying Italy won it, oh that was really frustrating, especially at a place where you don't really expect to see the spoiler.