PDA

View Full Version : Ron Dennis to BUY Prodrive?!

Giuseppe F1
30th January 2007, 11:07
Perhaps THIS is why there is a delay in announcements and also why Dennis had to raise some $$$ with the recent Bahraini deal - I must admit, it doesnt sound that far fetched does it - wouldnt be suprised therefore if rather than a mere 'customer', Prodrive DOES become a fully integrated B team OWNED by the A team in the same vein ala Red Bull and Honda....lets wait and see....but this does explain alot if true.

============================
http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/070130095803.shtml

Ron Dennis to buy Prodrive?
Rumours of a second tier customer team
30/01/07 09:58

McLaren Mercedes Team Principal Ron Dennis could be shaping up to buy into David Richards' new Prodrive F1 team, according to reports in the German press.

The Cologne based Express newspaper claims that it has uncovered the destination of the approximately $160m that Dennis received for selling half of his McLaren shares to Bahrain.

Prodrive and McLaren have been linked for some time, with Richards said to be eying a complete customer chassis and Mercedes-Benz engine package to race with in 2008.

The report said Dennis might buy Prodrive and set it up for Mercedes-Benz as McLaren's 'b' team, even though Sir Frank Williams warned this week that - in his opinion - the regulations for 2008 do not yet allow for car sharing.

Richards told The Guardian: "There is absolutely no question about it, customer cars are permitted in 2008. Williams have entered the 2008 world championship accepting that condition. It all seems absolutely clear to me."

E.A.
Source GMM

Tomski
30th January 2007, 11:54
Knowing what a sharp financial operator DR is, I wouldn't be suprised if he did sell, but I suspect it would just be the F1 operation, and not the whole of Prodrive, I can't see him selling out totally.

rlenis
30th January 2007, 14:25
he would do great with Pafett and Mika as drivers.. GO Prodrive..!!! HAHAHAHA :D