PDA

View Full Version : New team in WTCC

Ramore
18th August 2008, 13:43
A completely new Bulgarian team will be formed for the 2009 WTCC. It is gonna be called Petrol GT Racing Team. I am not sure if they will run with only one or more cars. For know only Georgi Tanev will compete (former rally driver). They have already bought a BMW 320SI and his debut will be in Germany at the end of the month. It will be quite interesting to watch him on the track. In my opinion he is going to do well, although he has no experience with rear-wheel-drive. You can see some pictures of him and the car here http://www.bgnrc.info/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=3890 (text is in Bulgarian though). I don't know if you care about that, but I thought that it might be interesting for you, although I see that you are more of a BTCC fans in here, but anyways. I've never watched a WTCC championship before, but now I might check a race or two. Does Eurosport show WTCC races?

VkmSpouge
18th August 2008, 18:26
Eurosport does show all WTCC races live. I hope the Petrol GT Racing Team go well, they've got a decent car in the BMW so in the right hands they should be able to compete with the leading independents.