PDA

View Full Version : [LMS08] 1000km of Nürburgring...

Tom206wrc
13th August 2008, 09:02
Hi,

This coming week-end is the german LMS round(the penultimate round of the series this season), promising a lot of action between Audi and Peugeot in full battle for the makes and drivers championship :D

Entrylist is on http://www.lemans-series.com/
Results will be also on http://www.ris-timing.be

Let's hope the Lola Aston-Martin Charouz will have taken profit since june to improve its reliability and that they will be able to fight for the best privateer position :)

Note that a second Epsilon-Euskadi Coupe will run at Nürburgring with Valles and Nakano... ;)

Can't wait for action already this friday :bounce:

Tom206wrc
14th August 2008, 17:40
Change of last minute for car #14(Creation Autosportif - AIM): Lizz Halliday replaces Felipe Ortiz !!!! :D

F1boat
15th August 2008, 06:42
Will Eurosport show the event?

Tom206wrc
15th August 2008, 10:05
Normally yes... ;)

I just hope I can see Eurosport coverage somewhere free on Internet... :mark:

Just a little more than 1 hour before first free practice :)

Tom206wrc
15th August 2008, 12:17
OK first free practice over :)

Best time for Marc Gené ahead of Mike Rockenfeller, Pedro Lamy and Allan McNish...the four factories being separated by less than 1s... ;)

Best privateer was Panis(Oreca)in front of both "strongest" Pescarolos(strangely Primat in front of Collard), Lola Charouz, Creation AIM(Walter-Campbell)and second Oreca...

Very tight first practice for the five first LMP2s(the danish Porsche being the fastest)...

F1boat
15th August 2008, 13:40
Peugeot really dominates the European races this year.

Tom206wrc
15th August 2008, 16:42
Looks like second free practice is over... :confused:

Both Peugeots ahead of both Audis, but gaps are very small(smaller than on previous LMS rounds) :)

Interesting also that best privateer is the Lola Aston in front of both Orecas :D

At least note best LMP2(dutch Porsche)is in front of the first Pescarolo ;)

F1boat
15th August 2008, 21:55
I hope that Audi can score another win! Although the Peugeot is an extremely handsome car!

F1boat
16th August 2008, 11:40
Audi splits Peugeot in final practice.

Tom206wrc
16th August 2008, 13:42
End of qualifying !!!!!!

Both 908s will start first on the grid !!!! :bounce:

I suspect Peugeot having given order to Pedro Lamy not to have gone for another fast run in order Marc Gené to get the lead(as the Spaniard is leader in the LMS drivers championship with Nicolas Minassian) :confused:

Nice qualifying for Stefan Mücke in the Lola Aston-Martin Powered, 3rd overall in front of both Audis :eek:

Very good pace from the Orecas and the Porsche LMP2s too...

Nice job by Adrian Valles in the Epsilon Euskadi, reaching the top 10 of the grid

Very average qualifying session by both Pescarolos, only 11th and 12th(even if race is more important)... :mark:

Overall I'm happy with tomorrow's starting grid at the 1000km of Nürburgring :D

F1boat
16th August 2008, 18:19
Maybe Audi expect rain, just like in Le Mans, and are slower because of different setup. We'll see tomorrow, but unless rain hits, Pug should win again despite Audi's better race pace (compared to their qualy times) seen in the ALMS and the the 24 hours.

Tom206wrc
17th August 2008, 17:30
Race over...

Both 908s dominated until the end and finally victory for Pedro Lamy/Stéphane Sarrazin in front of Marc Gené/Nic' Minassian(who takes the small lead of the championship)and Rocky/Alex Premat... :bounce:

Excellent result for Stefan Mücke/Jan Charouz in the Lola Aston(5th overall)in front of...Jos Verstappen/Jeroen Bleekmolen(winners LMP2 in their Porsche RS Spyder)... :up:

In the "Judd powered" teams, good result for ORECA(Loïc Duval/Soheil Ayari 7th overall)but disappointment for Pescarolo... :mark:

Only one GT1 at the arrival of the race, the Aston-Martin(Tomas Enge/Antonio Garcia)

Good race overall(no rain, despite weather prediction) :D

F1boat
18th August 2008, 07:02
No rain and this backfired on Audi. Congratulations, Tom, for the victory of your boys!

Tom206wrc
18th August 2008, 08:14
My birthday was thursday 14th august, and Peugeot offered me a nice present :p :

F1boat
18th August 2008, 17:22
That's cool :) Must have been a great weekend for you as Loeb won the German rally.
Now Peugeot must win the final round.