23-24 June, Oulton Park, Cheshire
14-15 July, Donington Park, Leicestershire
28-29 July, Snetterton, Norfolk
18-19 August, Brands Hatch, Kent
1-2 September, Knockhill, Fife
13-14 October, Thruxton, Hampshire
*provisional at date of release
TBA – to be announced

I notice that Silverstone does not appear on this calendar. I assume that is the TBA?

Unfortunately, even if this has been discussed previously, anything after the 29th November appears to be missing so I don't know what has been said after Wednesday.

Dave B
6th December 2006, 16:50
Unfortunately, even if this has been discussed previously, anything after the 29th November appears to be missing so I don't know what has been said after Wednesday.
In a nutshell, all the forum members north of Watford have been moaning about Brands being on the calendar twice; and all the southerners have been moaning about Knockhill being so far away. Same as most years :p :

And yes, it's widely expected that Silverstone will be the "TBA" once the F1 calendar is confirmed. Remember that this is more for the benefit of teams and circuits at this stage, and expect the confirmed BTCC calendar next year sometime.

martinbalmer
6th December 2006, 19:51
Oh well, might as well update it now :p :

31 March-1 April Brands Hatch, Kent
21-22 April Rockingham, Northamptonshire
5-6 May Thruxton, Hampshire
2-3 June Croft, North Yorkshire
23-24 June Oulton Park, Cheshire
14-15 July Donington Park, Leicestershire
28-29 July Snetterton, Norfolk
18-19 August Brands Hatch, Kent
1-2 September Knockhill, Fife
13-14 October Thruxton, Hampshire

Hazell B
6th December 2006, 21:45
So quickly out of date :laugh:

Dave B
6th December 2006, 22:15
But no Silverstone :up: :D

Mp3 Astra
6th December 2006, 22:48
But no Silverstone :up: :D
Oi, you, outside now! :mad:

:p

AndySpeed
7th December 2006, 00:03
Whilst I did want Rockingham's return to the calendar, I didn't want for it to be at the expense of Silverstone, a circuit that provides exciting and close racing. :(

Abo
7th December 2006, 10:45
Whilst I did want Rockingham's return to the calendar, I didn't want for it to be at the expense of Silverstone, a circuit that provides exciting and close racing. :(

You get to see it all at Rockingham though. And last time they were there the drivers really enjoyed the track.

I just hope they're racing on the 'old' international configuration instead of the new Super Sportscar thing the GT's used. The T1 chicane and the drag round T4 were great!

cgs
7th December 2006, 14:15
i agree about the T1 chicane, its a shame to see a race not use it, but i suppose it does provide options. F3 decided not to go to Rockingham as they considered the chicane to dangerous (remember that female driver flipping?).

but i think the BTCC will feel at home on the chicane

Dave B
7th December 2006, 15:06
(remember that female driver flipping?).

That was Katherine Legge, and you can watch it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgx0PrnL34U

CarlMetro
7th December 2006, 18:22
I'm now confused because I thought that the first race of a new season was always held at the same track as the last race of the previous season?

Then again, I for one am glad that Silverstone doesn't apear on the calendar after this years debarcle. Not so sure about two trips to Thruxton, would have prefered to see Castle Coombe on the list rather than a second visit to Thruxton.

cos
7th December 2006, 18:27
Not so sure about two trips to Thruxton, would have prefered to see Castle Coombe on the list rather than a second visit to Thruxton.

Castle Combe now can't hold any racing the exceeds the limit of 114dB, ruling out F3, GT and BTCC effectively. Blame North Wilts council and the local residents...

thompson_fan
8th December 2006, 14:46
Castle Combe now can't hold any racing the exceeds the limit of 114dB, ruling out F3, GT and BTCC effectively. Blame North Wilts council and the local residents...

Tossers! Talk about ruining the fun for the majority. Although i'd not be able to make it to the race i'd have loved to watch the BTCC at Castle Combe on the TV.

Also i notice that Mondello Park isn't on the list. Any reason?

CarlMetro
8th December 2006, 15:13
Castle Combe now can't hold any racing the exceeds the limit of 114dB

So what do they race around there now? Electric wheelchairs and 2CV's ? I can fart louder than 114db :rolleyes:

Robinho
8th December 2006, 15:59
Silverstone no great loss, Rockingham could be a good addition, although i'd like to see a few other track, like Castle Commbe, or maybe Mallory, thats always good for the bikes!