PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha, Camel relationship ends.

rossimania
5th December 2006, 13:09
Yamaha, Camel relationship ends.

Having switched it's backing from Honda to Yamaha at the start of the year, Japan Tobacco International is to end its affiliation with the team and depart the MotoGP scene.

valentino rossi and Colin Edwards rode the Camel-backed machines during the 2006 season and while both remain with the team for the new campaign, Yamaha will be hunting for a new title sponsor as MotoGP heads into the 800cc era.

"Following Camel's recent announcement, Yamaha Factory Racing would like to express its thanks to Camel and Japan Tobacco International for their partnership and support over the 2006 MotoGP season," a statement issued by Yamaha read.

"Our thanks go out to all those involved in the project; they have formed an important part of our team over the past year.
"It has been a great honour for Yamaha to work with such an experienced sponsor and Camel's enthusiasm throughout the season has been greatly appreciated by the entire Yamaha Factory Racing Team and the Yamaha Motor Group."

Personaly, I think it's good news!!!!!!

Now, how will be the new sponsor?????

pats750
5th December 2006, 19:38
Yamaha, Camel relationship ends.

Having switched it's backing from Honda to Yamaha at the start of the year, Japan Tobacco International is to end its affiliation with the team and depart the MotoGP scene.

valentino rossi and Colin Edwards rode the Camel-backed machines during the 2006 season and while both remain with the team for the new campaign, Yamaha will be hunting for a new title sponsor as MotoGP heads into the 800cc era.

"Following Camel's recent announcement, Yamaha Factory Racing would like to express its thanks to Camel and Japan Tobacco International for their partnership and support over the 2006 MotoGP season," a statement issued by Yamaha read.

"Our thanks go out to all those involved in the project; they have formed an important part of our team over the past year.
"It has been a great honour for Yamaha to work with such an experienced sponsor and Camel's enthusiasm throughout the season has been greatly appreciated by the entire Yamaha Factory Racing Team and the Yamaha Motor Group."

Personaly, I think it's good news!!!!!!

Now, how will be the new sponsor?????

YAMAHA trough ROSSI ( personal sponsor / ad TV : FASTWEB ) and talking also with VODAFONE....
Let's wait for it...

Donney
6th December 2006, 18:02
They should not have problems finding sponsors.

ChrisS
9th December 2006, 00:50
telefonica was very likely for a MotoGP return and with gresini having a sponsor yamaha seems an obvious choice. Telefonica likes to have a Spanish rider but I'm sure they will be more than happy to have Rossi

patnicholls
9th December 2006, 01:05
Yeah can't see them having trouble getting hold of someone from somewhere...

Incidentally O/T: to pats750 - how's Max getting on then with the team?

tha_jackal
9th December 2006, 02:48
How about, for Yamahas new sponsor: IMATRA. Vale had this branding on his WRC Impreza and DTM Mercedes.. Some nice black yammys.. mmm.

rossimania
11th December 2006, 08:53
How about, for Yamahas new sponsor: IMATRA. Vale had this branding on his WRC Impreza and DTM Mercedes.. Some nice black yammys.. mmm.

I thought IMATRA is owned by Vale?

So he would sponsor himself?

tha_jackal
12th December 2006, 00:48
I thought IMATRA is owned by Vale?

So he would sponsor himself?

Hmm, most certainly not.. There goes that idea :laugh: I just looked it up and IMATRA is a sunglasses brand.. My bad.. Shoulda done some research.. Peace..

neninja
12th December 2006, 17:25
Imatra are just one brand of a very much larger company - Safilo Group who are a billion Euro turnover company so it is possible.

They also make glasses under licence for Armani, Dior, Boss, Gucci, Carrera, Diesel, Ralph Lauren, YSL, Valentino, etc etc etc

neninja
12th December 2006, 17:29
Come to think about it they sponsored Casey Stoner's bike this year with their Carrera brand

rossimania
13th December 2006, 11:26
Is there a possibility that Yamaha sponors their own team?

Subaru WRX
13th December 2006, 18:48
how ??!!

Donney
16th December 2006, 17:07
Maybe he means like that: http://www.swapmeet-models.co.uk/images/minichamps-2/THUMBS/053086-rossi-yamaha-valenci.jpg

stockcar
16th December 2006, 19:01
why can't Yamaha (or anyone else) sponsor their own team??

been done many times in the past...............

maxu05
17th December 2006, 00:38
I would think that a factory team would be able to get by without sponsorship. The sponsor is there just to offset the costs and help pay for the riders salary, though I don't think Yamaha would be short of cash for this. It will be interesting to see what colour the bikes will be though.

MrJan
17th December 2006, 21:13
Why pay for everything yourself if you can have someone else pay for it in exchange for some paint on a bike. Yamaha will still get the publicity because everyone already knows it's their bike. I don't know how the money side works out in MotoGP but in F1 sponsorship is worth millions of pounds, hardly something you want to miss out on :)

NinjaMaster
19th December 2006, 08:50
Why pay for everything yourself if you can have someone else pay for it in exchange for some paint on a bike. Yamaha will still get the publicity because everyone already knows it's their bike. I don't know how the money side works out in MotoGP but in F1 sponsorship is worth millions of pounds, hardly something you want to miss out on :)
Spot on. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be too many sponsors lining up to throw money into MotoGP for some reason. If V8 Supercars and Aussie rules football teams can land multi-million dollar sponsorships, then I'm not sure why teams struggle so much to find sponsors in such a high profile series as MotoGP.

tha_jackal
19th December 2006, 12:31
Spot on. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be too many sponsors lining up to throw money into MotoGP for some reason. If V8 Supercars and Aussie rules football teams can land multi-million dollar sponsorships, then I'm not sure why teams struggle so much to find sponsors in such a high profile series as MotoGP.

The money needed to run a MotoGP team is a helluva lot more than what is needed to run an AFL or V8 Supercar team. More like multi multi multi million dollar sponsorships required.. :laugh: ..Anyways, good to seeya back around Ninja.. Now all we need is the jokers that sponsor V8s and AFL to jump off ship and start sponsoring and forming Aussie MotoGP teams.. In our dreams..

NinjaMaster
20th December 2006, 10:48
The money needed to run a MotoGP team is a helluva lot more than what is needed to run an AFL or V8 Supercar team. More like multi multi multi million dollar sponsorships required.. :laugh: ..Anyways, good to seeya back around Ninja.. Now all we need is the jokers that sponsor V8s and AFL to jump off ship and start sponsoring and forming Aussie MotoGP teams.. In our dreams..
Thanks Jake, glad to see someone's happy to see me :laugh: .
I would assume it would be more expensive to run a MotoGP team but I read somewhere that Rizla's sponsorship at Suzuki could be as low as $2mil. I wouldn't have thought that sort of cash would have been too hard to find for most of the teams, even just to subsidise costs for the factory teams like Kawasaki and Yamaha.

ChrisS
10th January 2007, 12:37
I just came across these photoshoped Yamaha liveries, they look cool but I doubt we will ever see such sponsors in MotoGP

AGV (Renault F1?) Yamaha
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/5097/yamaha20yzr20m11020annibe6.jpg

XBox 360 Yamaha
http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/4545/xboxrossicv5yi9.jpg

XBox Yamaha
http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/7223/xbox360rossiub0xm5.jpg

Google Yamaha
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/2407/google20rossiax3.jpg

I also read that fosters is a possible sponsor for Yamaha but wouldn't that be a clash with Nastro Azzurro, Vale's personal sponsor? or is Nastro Azzurro no longer sponsoring him?

Corny
10th January 2007, 15:08
There were some rumours about A-Style too..

Ranger
11th January 2007, 09:12
What are Martini Racing up to these days? :)

NinjaMaster
13th January 2007, 04:17
That XBox 360 livery looks awesome! It would be fantastic to see non-cigarette/motorcycle industry sponsors like that coming in and throwing money around in MotoGP. Instead they still seem keen to throw money at that dead duck known as F1. :rolleyes:

ChrisS
13th January 2007, 19:11
found this on another forum:

"Its unconfirmed at the minute but a spanish website is broadcasting that the new sponsor for Yamaha in 2007 is...........Movistar

Telefonica announced that Movistar will sponsor Yam Team in 2007. They didn't broadcast how much they spent on it, but it's about 11 million euros.

Josete Cuelgo the responsible for the sponsoring, said: " It was a difficult decision for Movistar. Our last campaings in Moto GP was focused on defeating valentino rossi and now that Sete left Moto GP we're worried about our reputation because we will sponsor his rival."

Yamaha's Team responsible Notoko Lamotiko said: " It's an important decision to Yam. We're proud to have a sponsor like Movistar. And we hope that the realtionship between us
is a good one, like past sponsors."

When it's about riders, they're happy. Rossi seems to be so happy because the new sponsor isn't a tabacco one and said that Movistar always attracted him and when Rossi is on vacations at Ibiza he always use cell phones supported by Movistar.

Movistar company was very happy to broadcast the news. They hope to kill some past ghosts. Tere Cojoluego said that besides winning the tittle that Rossi took from them they could also leave Pedrosa that left them when he moved to MotoGP. And they wanna take Xaus back to Moto GP in 2008 as Valentino's team mate!

Ranger
13th January 2007, 23:33
Hope they have some different colours this time around then!

ChrisS
14th January 2007, 17:06
found this on another forum:

"Its unconfirmed at the minute but a spanish website is broadcasting that the new sponsor for Yamaha in 2007 is...........Movistar

Telefonica announced that Movistar will sponsor Yam Team in 2007. They didn't broadcast how much they spent on it, but it's about 11 million euros.

Josete Cuelgo the responsible for the sponsoring, said: " It was a difficult decision for Movistar. Our last campaings in Moto GP was focused on defeating valentino rossi and now that Sete left Moto GP we're worried about our reputation because we will sponsor his rival."

Yamaha's Team responsible Notoko Lamotiko said: " It's an important decision to Yam. We're proud to have a sponsor like Movistar. And we hope that the realtionship between us
is a good one, like past sponsors."

When it's about riders, they're happy. Rossi seems to be so happy because the new sponsor isn't a tabacco one and said that Movistar always attracted him and when Rossi is on vacations at Ibiza he always use cell phones supported by Movistar.

Movistar company was very happy to broadcast the news. They hope to kill some past ghosts. Tere Cojoluego said that besides winning the tittle that Rossi took from them they could also leave Pedrosa that left them when he moved to MotoGP. And they wanna take Xaus back to Moto GP in 2008 as Valentino's team mate!

OK so this story was posted on the 28th of December on a Spanish website. In Spain December 28 is a day for pranks, equivalent to April Fool's Day in other countries. So the story is a fake

leopard
29th January 2007, 03:24
Chirs thanks for the Good ones photoshoped livery, i think the x box was the best one.

I think telefonica has opportunity to support motogp again since Renault has announced their color and i don't see telefonica there, and it seems make Rossi happy for the non-tobacco product.

Fiat is rumoured the closest one to make the deal with Yamaha, this sounds strange a car sponsor a bike racing, but this is part of their support on Rossi to make his dream come true driving a relly car in the future.

However they appeared only with their bigger logo on the firing during last sepang test, Rossi in yellow and black while Edwards in red and black, good one too. I think please don't turn more green to the yellow of Rossi, it will make us get confused over Yamaha and Kawasaki.

http://www.motograndprix.it/public/Album/2004/motogp/2007/TEST%20SEPANG%20GENNAIO/DAY%203/fotograndeday31.jpg

The Phantom
2nd February 2007, 05:54
That's very clever artwork, thanks for sharing.

Rossi is keen for a non-tobacco sponsorship, no?

Hotbikerchic33
2nd February 2007, 08:06
thought those photoshop pics was awesome very well done got anymore??? ;) i think it would be funny if matell sponsored vale then he would have to ride a pink barbie bike!!!! :D :D :D

ChrisS
2nd February 2007, 20:57
thought those photoshop pics was awesome very well done got anymore??? ;) i think it would be funny if matell sponsored vale then he would have to ride a pink barbie bike!!!! :D :D :D

Yamaha Sponsors
http://www.vanjey-design.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13&Itemid=2

Other teams
http://www.vanjey-design.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=12&Itemid=2

Seriously, a company must hire this guy to create liveries professionally

fatman
3rd February 2007, 01:50
I have to agree. Very good work on the photoshopy.

Hotbikerchic33
3rd February 2007, 09:18
Yamaha Sponsors
http://www.vanjey-design.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13&Itemid=2

Other teams
http://www.vanjey-design.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=12&Itemid=2

Very talented guy his bikes are awesome!!! still waiting for my barbie bike though (hint hint) ;) :D :)

captin 1 VXR
3rd February 2007, 20:35
black x box 360 looks to real

jonny hurlock
4th February 2007, 19:22
Very talented guy his bikes are awesome!!! still waiting for my barbie bike though (hint hint) ;) :D :)

did somebody asked for a barbie bike for christmas
i made it up in photoshop

Georgeboi999
4th February 2007, 22:11
That looks good.

leopard
5th February 2007, 04:00
Yamaha Sponsors

Other teams

yeah i have to agree these are clever and creative works :up:

btw good signature, is there more catchy wording with such theme of speed and fast or race in general? :D

leopard
5th February 2007, 04:27
Ducati Coca Cola looked fine too

Does anyone know what script typical font the closest one to write word have look alike the coca cola? I have searched and found font named coca cola font but it works only for coca cola, whatever we type it will appear as coca cola.

leopard
19th February 2007, 08:36
ok, my problem of coca cola font gets fixed.

Strangely, in just couple of days before the race begin Yamaha has yet to announce their partner to sponsor their main rider Rossi and Edwards.

Yamaha phenomenon early season this year draw out my attention, They claimed to have dominated mostly of pre-season tests, Rossi and Edwards looked strong in many sessions and have no mayor problem on speediness , in the test remaining to score the fastest wouldn't be a target, they only need to demonstrate the new yamaha-michelin endurance in the real race.

Seems Yamaha would make great surprise this year.
If this is true we will have to stop ridicule on Edwards :D

This time actually i would play with Rossi to empower my team, nevetheless i didn't find whose seat deserves for him? I will evaluate until the first transfer window open.

tha_jackal
19th February 2007, 09:39
Theyre annoucing their sponsor at the Jerez test, that starts today.. So its a matter of time..

leopard
20th February 2007, 08:17
ok Jake, thanks

Donney
21st February 2007, 15:47
So any news about the new sponsor?

leopard
22nd February 2007, 08:08
not yet, they ride Jerez test without sponsor except the 'triple tuning forks' on the bike

jonny hurlock
23rd February 2007, 21:39
http://www.yamaha-racing.com/Racing/motogp/photo/index.jsp

some pics

I hope they keep this livery is a billion times better than Camel Yamaha Livery

fatman
5th March 2007, 13:52
FIAT Livery images here

http://www.motoblog.it/post/6662/anteprima-la-nuova-yamaha-m1-800-di-rossi-2

jim mcglinchey
5th March 2007, 14:17
FIAT Yamaha, I can hardly believe it. I'll have to go out and get some stickers for the wifes Punto.

harsha
5th March 2007, 14:32
my friend is gonna be really happy as he's a ferrari and a yamaha fan :D

milly
5th March 2007, 16:39
I can see why Fiat is doing this - it's all about Rossi. They want a link with Rossi as he is very cool, especially in Italy where Fiat is trying to make a big job of improving the image of its cars.

I bet Fiat wouldn't do this if Yamaha didn't have Rossi as a rider.

Allyc85
5th March 2007, 17:39
:D i love that livery!!

Corny
5th March 2007, 18:44
:D i love that livery!!

astraracer had some beers while posting this :D ?

Allyc85
5th March 2007, 21:12
nope unfortunatly im sober, roll on the weekend.

SEAN-B.
6th March 2007, 00:17
Another clever marketing gimmick thrown in for good measure.As long as it works for the teams goals I suppose.The good thing is that Fiat has a history of racing knowledge that should go a long way with Yamaha's experience.

On a personal note,I'm not liking the livery so much as it reminds me of the color scheme of the Suzuki GSXR street versions.Kind 'o' bland.

leopard
6th March 2007, 02:34
FIAT Livery images here

http://www.motoblog.it/post/6662/anteprima-la-nuova-yamaha-m1-800-di-rossi-2

I was told this morning and subsequently went to this forum for any up-date from members here, Yamaha has oficially announced FIAT their partner, sounds a bit strange giant car manufacturer which produces top team of F1 go working together with giant bike manufacturer that in quote also ever been part of F1 long years ago.

However Rossi is marketable icon, where can we find another more completed picture? :)

leopard
6th March 2007, 03:37
On a personal note,I'm not liking the livery so much as it reminds me of the color scheme of the Suzuki GSXR street versions.Kind 'o' bland.

The color has look much alike Suzuki Motogp Team before running Rizla color two three years ago, except the big letter of FIAT that makes them different, oftently i said elsewhere there will be no other product make big hit as tobacco color, like: Yamaha Marlboro, Gauloises, Camel.

btw the more complete pics (this site drives this point home :) )
http://www.motorsport.com/photos/select.asp?S=MOTOGP&E=Fiat_Yamaha_Team_lau/Presentation&Y=2007&O=24#

maxu05
6th March 2007, 04:52
I think it's a very bland and unimaginitive livery. After the some of the pictures we saw of artists impressions of what they thought it could look like. I thought they would paint it so it stood out in the pack. Oh well, at least the fluro yellow #46 stands out on the front of the bike.

Ranger
6th March 2007, 06:28
It's not painful on the eyes, but it's a bit dull to say the least. If a bike is going to win at least 5 races this year, you'd reckon they could do a better job of the livery! :D

harsha
6th March 2007, 06:35
if they wanted an Italian connection(FIAT and ROSSI),they could have made it predominantly red...as Fiat owns Ferrari,it would have made sense in a way

Ranger
6th March 2007, 06:56
if they wanted an Italian connection(FIAT and ROSSI),they could have made it predominantly red...as Fiat owns Ferrari,it would have made sense in a way

Nah, Ducati landed apon that idea already.

If they wanted an Italian conection, they should have gone with Martini Racing!

Damn. What I wouldn't give to see a black bike with Martini stripes on it.

leopard
6th March 2007, 07:12
it was disturbed by the classic letter of FIAT, especially for font A :D

harsha
6th March 2007, 07:55
but even the combination of blue and white looks reminicent of the Italian Soccer kit....i think the A1 car is also blue :?:

leopard
6th March 2007, 08:48
soccer :?:

harsha
6th March 2007, 09:12
the blue and white seem very similar to the Italian Soccer Team Kits

NinjaMaster
6th March 2007, 09:56
http://www.motorsport.com/photos/motogp/2007/gen/motogp-2007-gen-tm-0041.jpg

Yawn :s nore:

They remind me of the Winston livery of the Ten Kate Hondas which I also thought looked boring.

harsha
6th March 2007, 12:33
agreed they are boring... :D

tha_jackal
6th March 2007, 22:53
Looks sort of like the Gresini bike aswell, not good when two teams have similar paint jobs.. I really like the Dantin Ducati's paint job, sorta the reverse of the factory squads livery, tis very cool ;)

leopard
7th March 2007, 03:55
I think the whole color theme are constrained by the stiff letter of FIAT, actually they can adopt photoshoped design previously posted to put the ring outside the letter to eliminate the stiff character of the letter and pentagon usually appears around the letter, This might help it looks better, Lucky Strike look-alike

but don't think it wrongly, this is the new winning team :)

MrJan
8th March 2007, 22:41
It's certainly a different idea but I don't think it's really a conflict of interest as Yamaha aren't in any kind of competition with FIAT.

As for it being boring, can anything be boring when it can do 200+mph? ;) :p :

leopard
9th March 2007, 03:33
If there is another better choice, yamaha wouldn't do putting someone else's automotive industry on their bike, it just doesn't feel 100% confortable for Yamaha.

Producing car might be another forthcoming project of Yamaha, despite currently they are focussing more on bike, but actually they aren't only producing bike, there are many industry equipment such as water treatment, music tools etc you will see Yamaha logo on it. Analogically, Honda and Suzuki are known besides producing motorcycle they also producing car, more than it Honda is one of top board team in F1. Well, going any further will make us confused :confused:

Surely, from pre-season testing result the new yamaha looks more promising, that might prompt you get bored over its domination :)

jonny hurlock
11th March 2007, 23:54
imo the new Fiat Yamaha is more better than the old camel livery. but i really like the jerez yamaha livery more than the Fiat one

leopard
12th March 2007, 03:09
This might be about taste, or you get bored over camel since it's regularly seen from the season on pons honda.

Not sure the source, a TV host girl here said Yamaha will use the different color in every race, and call this year as a 'wow season' of Yamaha.

This could be good to present the new thing in every race, but if this is true i think it'd be more seen us inconsistent identity for the team.

maxu05
12th March 2007, 03:30
Yamaha did state at a press conference that they will have differing liveries throughout the year. Sounds good to me. I just hope the new liveries are better than this one. If they had gone with the red livery, it would have been quicker down the straight :laugh:

leopard
12th March 2007, 03:44
I am afraid of they are too much wasting their time for designing that graphic of liveries, and forget to keep developing the fast and right bike for their rider :laugh:

fatman
12th March 2007, 04:10
I like the FIAT livery myself.

:-)

leopard
12th March 2007, 08:12
good, not everybody dislike it :)

Ranger
12th March 2007, 09:27
The front of it looks good - the blue and Bright yellow is tops... but they gotta work out the rest of it.

Paint it black, and I'll be happy.

leopard
12th March 2007, 09:50
black tends to easily get heated ...

Ranger
12th March 2007, 10:53
black tends to easily get heated ...

Piff and twaddle to that! I wanna see a mean bike! :D

Besides, I wouldn't mind if the Yamaha overheated a few times... It's one of the only ways you can keep Rossi in check! :D

tha_jackal
12th March 2007, 11:29

Besides, I wouldn't mind if the Yamaha overheated a few times... It's one of the only ways you can keep Rossi in check! :D

Hahaha too right, we need a few Rossi DNF's if we want a competetive championship this year :) Or maybe Casey will just keep winning and teaching the doctor how to race :D ;)

Ranger
12th March 2007, 11:47
Or maybe Casey will just keep winning and teaching the doctor how to race :D ;)

Damn Right! He'll kick arse... But we don't want to make it too easy for Casey either, otherwise he'll have won the title by Phillip Island.

...No really, I'm serious. :D

leopard
13th March 2007, 02:35

haha, don't worry...Rossi himself predicts another win for Ducati, certainly at Jeres, and maybe more races to go until Yamaha find the right method to go fast on the straight :)