PDA

View Full Version : Shame on you Lewis!

PSfan
29th January 2007, 14:34
Come on... she carried you for 9 months... least you can do is fly her to Australia... :p :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mother can't afford to see Hamilton's debut

Lewis Hamilton's mother has entered a television competition in a last ditch effort to watch her son make his formula one debut in March. Carmen Lockhart reportedly cannot afford to jet from her English home to Australia for the Melbourne opener, and is "too proud" to ask 22-year-old Hamilton - who has always lived with his father, brother and step-mother

http://www.f1i.com/content/view/6300/1/

Can't wait till the season starts so we have something serious to talk about...

Mark
29th January 2007, 14:40
"Too proud" haha. If that were the case then she wouldn't have told the media? Methinks Lewis is going to have to pay the fare now, how much is he earning anyway?

Tazio
29th January 2007, 14:59
How many of his GP2 races did she attend?
And, do we care?

Knock-on
29th January 2007, 15:21
Does he have any contact with her? How many of his close family is he flying out and to quote Tazio; "Do we care".

Schnell
29th January 2007, 19:41
I never realised that was his step-mum!
Whatever, what right have mummies or daddies for that matter got to go watch grown up son's activities? I don't get any passes or rights to go see my son race. It's his job, I wouldn't expect to sit at his desk with him if he got a job in an office!
I can only afford to go to a couple of races myself each year, I buy my own tickets and watch from the grandstand like every other spectator has to.

RJL25
29th January 2007, 20:08
Shame on us for commenting! This is Lewis's personal life, we dont know what the relationship between Lewis and his mother is like! The fact that he has never lived with his mother promotes the very real possibility that they dont get along with each other. For all we know Lewis's mother might be one of these people who never cared about her sun untill all of a sudden he became rich and successfull and now she wants to turn up for her "share" of the wealth

I dunno, im just guessing here, but the point is no one here knows and therefore no one has the right to criticise him

Scuderia ferrari
29th January 2007, 20:27
Oh well, just have to watch the race sitting at home like most people here then! Silly as i bet Hamilton is earning abit of money- or perhaps a ditch in his pay after he smashed up a new mclaren in that test.

andreag
29th January 2007, 21:25
Shame on us for commenting! This is Lewis's personal life...
It was his personal life, until it became public (on a TV show).

If I want to keep private any aspect of my life, I don't broadcast it.

Dazz9908
29th January 2007, 21:38
Do we know all the facts, No we don't, Best we leave this alone!

El Sween
29th January 2007, 22:46
No ones business but the Hamilton family's business. Typical of the media in this country and typical of the public for thinking they have a right to know.

Valve Bounce
30th January 2007, 00:39
Shame on us for commenting! This is Lewis's personal life, we dont know what the relationship between Lewis and his mother is like! The fact that he has never lived with his mother promotes the very real possibility that they dont get along with each other. For all we know Lewis's mother might be one of these people who never cared about her sun untill all of a sudden he became rich and successfull and now she wants to turn up for her "share" of the wealth

I dunno, im just guessing here, but the point is no one here knows and therefore no one has the right to criticise him

My exact sentiments!!

PSfan
30th January 2007, 01:12
FORMULA MUM
Carmen's bid to win tickets to see Lewis race in Oz

"Lewis has a racing life with his dad and his normal life when he comes over to my house. We go out for a meal or go bowling. I am his biggest fan. I am so proud of him."

http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/tm_headline=formula-mum&method=full&objectid=18541974&siteid=62484-name_page.html

Valve Bounce
30th January 2007, 01:36
Maybe the London tabloids will more than pay for her ticket. I am just surprised that a team like McLaren hasn't offered to include her as part of his entourage. I know JPM had one helluva large entourage. Maybe when Lewis wins A FEW RACES.

RJL25
30th January 2007, 01:48

Lewis didnt make this public, his mother did!

Why should Lewis be punished cos his mother feels it right to air the family's dirty laundry in public?

RJL25
30th January 2007, 01:50
Maybe the London tabloids will more than pay for her ticket. I am just surprised that a team like McLaren hasn't offered to include her as part of his entourage. I know JPM had one helluva large entourage. Maybe when Lewis wins A FEW RACES.

clearly Lewis didnt want her in his entourage, cos there is no way that mclaren would have prevented her from going if he wanted her. And thats none of our business and we shouldn't comment! Lots of children dont get along with their parents, unfortunately its a part of life

Jag_Warrior
30th January 2007, 02:02
This publicity stunt that she's pulled may say something about why he doesn't seem to have much of a relationship with her.

Just a thought.

Gannex
30th January 2007, 02:33
Whatever, what right have mummies or daddies for that matter got to go watch grown up son's activities? I don't get any passes or rights to go see my son race. It's his job, I wouldn't expect to sit at his desk with him if he got a job in an office!
I can only afford to go to a couple of races myself each year, I buy my own tickets and watch from the grandstand like every other spectator has to.

Naughty, naughty, Schnell. Now wasn't that you in the paddock at the British Grand Prix on a press pass?

Valve Bounce
30th January 2007, 03:33

Well, Bunsen Senior sure as hell ain't paying to watch Bunsen Jr race. Wait till ant starts kicking ass, then Honda will have more respect for his dad.

wmcot
30th January 2007, 04:44
More tabloid trash! Sorry, Lewis, it's started already...

I am evil Homer
30th January 2007, 09:01

He didn't broadcast it - his blood mother (who he doesn't live with) did.

Big Ben
30th January 2007, 14:07
Come on... she carried you for 9 months... least you can do is fly her to Australia... :p :

Mother can't afford to see Hamilton's debut

Lewis Hamilton's mother has entered a television competition in a last ditch effort to watch her son make his formula one debut in March. Carmen Lockhart reportedly cannot afford to jet from her English home to Australia for the Melbourne opener, and is "too proud" to ask 22-year-old Hamilton - who has always lived with his father, brother and step-mother

http://www.f1i.com/content/view/6300/1/

Can't wait till the season starts so we have something serious to talk about...

like I could care less.

PSfan
30th January 2007, 14:37
Well, if Lewis and Carmen have a good relationship like she claims in the second link I provided is true, then Lewis should arrange an anonymous package containing round trip tickets, race passes, etc etc to be sent to her.

If they don't get along... then he should send her one way tickets :p :

Schnell
30th January 2007, 17:40
Naughty, naughty, Schnell. Now wasn't that you in the paddock at the British Grand Prix on a press pass?

I was the guest of a local radio station... Naught? but Nice! It's the closest I've ever been to the action in 45 years of following Formula One!

Valve Bounce
30th January 2007, 21:00
I was the guest of a local radio station... Naught? but Nice! It's the closest I've ever been to the action in 45 years of following Formula One!

Maybe you could put on a John Bunsen mask while I kidnap him. :D

truefan72
31st January 2007, 07:05

I completely agree

ArrowsFA1
31st January 2007, 08:23
More tabloid trash! Sorry, Lewis, it's started already...
Sadly, it seems you're right.

ShiftingGears
31st January 2007, 10:50
No. Shame on you, media.

Valve Bounce
31st January 2007, 15:36
Yeah!! at least this will take the heat off Shane Warne.