PDA

View Full Version : canada broadcasts

gone fishing
8th August 2008, 03:45
What does canada get for broadcasts with the new deal.I can't find versus on starchoice.Go pt.

MAX_THRUST
8th August 2008, 15:18
Like wise what does this mean for British TV coverage. I know Sky have signed a deal for some time, but who was that with ESPN, or the IRL?

BobGarage
8th August 2008, 15:20
Like wise what does this mean for British TV coverage. I know Sky have signed a deal for some time, but who was that with ESPN, or the IRL?

skys deal is with the IRL. We'll continue to get the internation feed, no doubt with the useless lee and rice. Live coverage in the UK will continue as is....

MAX_THRUST
8th August 2008, 15:21
DoH!!!

The instant classic
8th August 2008, 16:25
im sure TSN will take the races next year, i sure wish they wolud take the race this damn weekend :(

the bro
9th August 2008, 18:20
Versus was originally called the Outdoor Channel. Which is still called the Outdoor Channel in Canada although some of the content is different. For instance the Outdoor Channel in Canada does not show the NHL coverage that is available on Versus. But the Outdoor Channel in Canada has shown the Dakar rally the past several years. Who knows if they will carry it? IMO they will probably negotiate a seperate TV deal in Canada.

Chamoo
11th August 2008, 03:34
Versus was originally called the Outdoor Channel. Which is still called the Outdoor Channel in Canada although some of the content is different. For instance the Outdoor Channel in Canada does not show the NHL coverage that is available on Versus. But the Outdoor Channel in Canada has shown the Dakar rally the past several years. Who knows if they will carry it? IMO they will probably negotiate a seperate TV deal in Canada.

The Score might be interested. I hope a channel that will show all the races properly, in full length, gets the contract. I like the Score as they have HD as part of the basic HD package on Rogers. Even Sportsnet would be good, but TSN has never devoted any time to AOWR.