PDA

View Full Version : New Oval Speedway Cinema Film Soon In U.K.

a.howes700
29th January 2007, 15:06
At my local Milton Keynes cinema I saw yesterday a huge cardboard cut-out advertising an Indian film about ARCA racing to be shown Feb 27 on.
The film is called Ta Ra Dum Pum (nobody knows why) and appears to be all about ARCA, the U.S. oval track series that ranks second in prestige to NASCAR for stock car racing. One of the actresses in it is Aishwarya Rai.
No less than 2.5 crore of rupees was spent filming it at Milwaukee raceway.
The makers are called Vash Raj, so there should be more info coming out at http://www.vashraj.com as time goes by.
It will be, I am sure, in Hindi with English sub-titles.

pickup
29th January 2007, 15:56
Indian stock car racing Hmm... could be different!

Abo
29th January 2007, 16:04
That would be

http://www.yashrajfilms.com/

Abo
29th January 2007, 16:15
Apparently, 'Ta Ra Rum Pum' is like an Indian version of something like 'Hip Hip Hurray!', according to some guy on IMDB

SteveA
29th January 2007, 17:08
The trailer is in an Hindi and English, so I suspect there will be an English version of the film. My understanding is that Ta Ra Rum Pum translates to "don't worry, be happy". If you watch the trailer, the young girl repeats this phrase after her dad is involved in a racing accident, so it would kind of make sense.

Abo
29th January 2007, 18:21
The trailer is in an Hindi and English, so I suspect there will be an English version of the film. My understanding is that Ta Ra Rum Pum translates to "don't worry, be happy". If you watch the trailer, the young girl repeats this phrase after her dad is involved in a racing accident, so it would kind of make sense.

http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0833553/board/nest/56797050

Also, IMDB lists the language as English / Hindi

inimitablestoo
29th January 2007, 18:26
Perhaps the title is the closest Hindi equivalent to "Boogedy Boogedy Boogedy" :D

a.howes700
4th May 2007, 10:01
The new Indian-made cinema film "Ta Ra Rum Pum" finally made it to Milton Keynes this week, after being scheduled for Feb. 27th originally.
It is a typical long Bollywood film, with English sub-titles, with people speaking Hindi. But they speak English half the time anyway.
There is tons of ARCA action throughout the first half, and a big racing climax at the end of the second half. It was said it was made at Milwaukee, but it was actually shot at Rockingham, North Carolina. The actual racing scenes are not realistic, but it is definitely worth going to see for for the beautiful sight of big ARCA Chevrolets smeared all over the giant scene in front of you (almost identical to SCSA) and some terrific staged crashes and flips. An incredibly pretty heroine in miniskirt also features.
So make sure you go if it appears in your local cinema. It is important that films about oval racing are seen as popular by cinema managements and film-makers in the future.
Andrew Howes

Nick Brad
4th May 2007, 12:05
Glad to hear it's finally appeared. Now I have to see if the Odeon is showing it and if so, squeeze myself into one of those seats.

Reynard
4th May 2007, 12:30
I've seen posters for it when I was in London the other week.

deadsquirrel
4th May 2007, 13:40
It was ALMOST shot at the *other* Rockingham :) - shame it happened in the US :-(

F150pickup
4th May 2007, 16:19
It was almost shot at this Rockingham They did a visit

racing59
4th May 2007, 20:58
I'm sure the weather was better for filming over there!!!

Henry Cutts
4th May 2007, 22:22
Is it just me or does the plot look similar to Talladega nights, But still it is taking oval racing to a different audience which can only be good for oval racing.

The Pits!
4th May 2007, 23:55
It will be, I am sure, in Hindi with English sub-titles.
why do you need subtitles?

Vroom-vroom is the same in any language! :)