PDA

View Full Version : New Ron (Duce) directives

mstillhere
29th January 2007, 02:17
I read somewhere that Ron Dennis is forbidding Alonso from speaking in Italian either in public or in private. Unfortunately I cannot provide you with any links, since the thread that I was reading did not have one but, I was wondering if anyone knows anything about this story.
PS Is Spanish next?

Gannex
29th January 2007, 02:27
Very unlikely to be true, mstillhere. Teams have been known to insist that team members all use English while working, even if it is an Italian talking to an Italian, on the theory that everyone has to understand what everyone is saying at all times. So it's possible that Dennis has forbidden Alonso to speak Italian to an Italian within McLaren, but surely even Uncle Ron wouldn't try to stop Alonso from EVER speaking Italian. That would be madness.

Hondo
29th January 2007, 02:31
If Ron forbade me from speaking Italian it wouldn't be much of a problem since I don't speak it now.

Valve Bounce
29th January 2007, 03:26
I read somewhere that Ron Dennis is forbidding Alonso from speaking in Italian either in public or in private. Unfortunately I cannot provide you with any links, since the thread that I was reading did not have one but, I was wondering if anyone knows anything about this story.
PS Is Spanish next?

Maybe he meant Putonghua.

samuratt
29th January 2007, 11:42
As far as i kown Fernando doesn't speak Italian, altough he competed a lot of times in Italy while he was in karting... So surely Ron has forbidden Alonso to speak italian cause he does not speak italian at all! :D

Donney
29th January 2007, 12:38
He might speak spalian or itanish. :D

pino
29th January 2007, 13:53
As far as i kown Fernando doesn't speak Italian, altough he competed a lot of times in Italy while he was in karting... So surely Ron has forbidden Alonso to speak italian cause he does not speak italian at all! :D

As far as I know, Alonso speaks perfectly italian...and you should know that too :p :

Mark
29th January 2007, 14:04
If he's talking about in the team, then it's perfectly sensible. You need one language. It's just like on the forum if some posts were in English and some in Spanish and some in Italian. Pino would be fine but the rest of us would feel a bit left out :p

BDunnell
29th January 2007, 14:23
If he's talking about in the team, then it's perfectly sensible. You need one language. It's just like on the forum if some posts were in English and some in Spanish and some in Italian. Pino would be fine but the rest of us would feel a bit left out :p

Ach, was meinst du?!

jens
29th January 2007, 19:04
Ach, was meinst du?!

Eine sehr gute Frage. :)

Dazz9908
29th January 2007, 22:35
Possibly in Public to the media and Such. But not In Public, I dought any contract would extend that far.

Ian McC
29th January 2007, 22:42
As Valve would say, link please!!!

andreag
30th January 2007, 03:42
Are there so many italians on the team, to justify such order?

Tazio
30th January 2007, 04:14
Ron was misquoted!
I have it on good authority He said,
"Fred, you are not to swear at me any more!
Especially in Italian"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mstillhere
30th January 2007, 04:57
My take is not strictly linguistic. My take is, if all this is true, that maybe Ron is not particularly too happy with Ferrari for taking Kimi away from him and maybe he feels that there is a chance to loose Alonso too if he keeps talking in Italian.

Tazio
30th January 2007, 05:19
Maybe a couple of guys from Palermo should talk with Ron.
Yea' A couple of Flavio's Hoodlum friends.
Break down the language barriers

My take is not strictly linguistic. My take is, if all this is true, that maybe Ron is not particularly too happy with Ferrari for taking Kimi away from him and maybe he feels that there is a chance to loose Alonso too if he keeps talking in Italian.
29th January 2007 09:14 PM

Hey hey, ah', yea', It's like Kaola Bear cracked a rainbow in my brain!

wmcot
30th January 2007, 05:39
Perhaps a hint of paranoia on Ron's part, feeling that if FA speaks Italian, he must be talking about Ron!!!?????

Let's see:
1. No drinking
2. Team haircuts and grooming
3. No speaking Italian
4. Who knows???

Ron is either very paranoid or very dictatorial (or both!!!)

Big Ben
30th January 2007, 15:04
Another thread about RD... and again... a very interesting one. You read it somewhere.... Of course you read it 'cos you wanted to read it. The best thing about internet is that you can find almost anything you want to find... If you understand what I mean.

jso1985
30th January 2007, 21:30
alright let's start to discredit RD with other silly directives wich are probably false :rolleyes:
but coming from msstillhere why I'm surprised?

Valve Bounce
30th January 2007, 22:17

And if it's not true?
Then what will you do? :rolleyes:

mstillhere
31st January 2007, 00:23
alright let's start to discredit RD with other silly directives wich are probably false :rolleyes:
but coming from msstillhere why I'm surprised?

I actually take no offense by your statement, since, in terms of making mistakes, I am in good company. In fact, according to the Spanish web site Marca.com (again) Lewis is not ENGLISH, but actually from the U.S.A.
"El estadounidense (Lewis) sufrió un accidente el pasado jueves en el que destrozó el chasis de su monoplaza."
Oooops!!(http://www.marca.com/edicion/marca/la_entrevista/es/desarrollo/734144.html). That really shows how much the Spanish journalists know about F1. (In fact, I don't expect much, since they discovered this sport, what, TWO YEARS AGO?
In addition to that, for your information, I am not some kind of clown not trying documenting with tangible proof what I refer to. Specifically, I read this information on:
http://it.messages.sports.yahoo.com/Formula_1/threadview?bn=IT-SP-F1-2006&tid=55695&mid=55695&tof=17&m=tm&rt=2. (It's in Italian, of course)
I NEVER SAID, actually, that I was totally positive about this info, (I don't know if you actually carefully read what I write) because I could not find a shred of link anywhere. However,based on how defensive you Alonso supporters are I think that you know way more that you are willing to admit and maybe, YOU can provide everybody with a link.