PDA

View Full Version : James Allen on Adrian Sutil

52Paddy
3rd August 2008, 22:40
"Not an uncommon sight...Sutil off the road" :laugh:

I had to laugh when I heard this. Just straight to the point!

wedge
3rd August 2008, 23:07
I thought the funniest moment was when Damon Hill was in the middle of explaining something but was put off by the Red Bull girls! Oooh Errr!!Just like his old man!

52Paddy
4th August 2008, 00:11
Yeah, he just says ,"Ah, hello!"

Comical! :up:

speeddurango
4th August 2008, 01:18
Nah, JA should just shut up, is Sutil that often off road, I'm afraid not. JA's not shy on jumping at drivers' mistakes, but when your ability in the commentary booth barely equals Alex Yoong's on track performance, talking with a high horse attitude is just stupid.

Spoonbender
4th August 2008, 09:29
Nah, JA should just shut up, is Sutil that often off road, I'm afraid not. JA's not shy on jumping at drivers' mistakes, but when your ability in the commentary booth barely equals Alex Yoong's on track performance, talking with a high horse attitude is just stupid.

Quite agree. Perhaps Martin Brundle should have a button to press that plays a sound bite of Adrian Sutil saying "Not uncommon, James Allen has got it wrong again"
For sure, he would be pressing it a long time :)

PolePosition_1
4th August 2008, 10:55

I dunno......you can't win. People complain if someone is too plain and boring and never shows any character. And people complain when someone makes a tongue in cheek comment.

And to be fair, Sutil is often off the road. He seems to have an excursion off the road at most races.

Garry Walker
4th August 2008, 11:40
Good job Allen :up:

52Paddy
4th August 2008, 13:37
People complain if someone is too plain and boring and never shows any character. And people complain when someone makes a tongue in cheek comment.

Too true. No, I think James Allen hit the nail on the head here. Even if Sutil isn't constantly in the grass, it did make for a little more entertaining commentary and much better than the usual BS that he comes out with.

Spoonbender
4th August 2008, 13:43
Thank you the James Allen Fan Club.......................... all three of you :)

52Paddy
4th August 2008, 14:04
Thank you the James Allen Fan Club.......................... all three of you :)

Hey, I never claimed to be a fan of James Allen! :mad:

But since you're joking, I'll laugh :laugh:

Dr. Krogshöj
4th August 2008, 14:06
I saw Lewis Hamilton off the road on Saturday morning... that was an uncommon sight. He was driving a Mercedes minibus to the circuit taking the off road route because of an accident that jammed the motorway to the circuit. for several miles :) Robert Kubica spotted a local motorcyclist and popped to the back, also picking up Seb Vettel on their way.