PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Heikki

ArrowsFA1
3rd August 2008, 15:36
Ok, so it may have been a 'lucky win' (unlucky Felipe) but a win's a win, and the first is all the sweeter.

So, congratualtions Heikki. A great way to celebrate your new contract! May this be the first of many :up:

yodasarmpit
3rd August 2008, 15:38
Like you say, a bit lucky, but a wins a win and you have to be in the right place to take it.
Hopefully this will be the start of things to come.

Knock-on
3rd August 2008, 15:39
To finish first, first you must finish.

Well done Heikki

veeten
3rd August 2008, 15:52
I knew there was a reason that I was humming the Finnish national anthem all this weekend. :)

A lucky day for Heikki, :bounce: :D ... and a bummer for Fillipe. :( ;(

but, that's motor racing.

52Paddy
3rd August 2008, 16:20
I wasn't happy to see Felipe's engine go at the end. But I was happy to see that it was Heikki who benefited and not someone who had already won GPs before. He was in the place to pick up the pieces should anything go wrong in front. And thats what happened so fair play to him :up:

Shalafi
3rd August 2008, 16:54
Congratulations Heikki! You have had your share of bad luck! You deserved to have a win this season.

jas123f1
3rd August 2008, 16:57
Congratulations Heikki..

A bit lucky win - but that's racing - well done!! :)

Jag_Warrior
3rd August 2008, 17:48

Well done Heikki

Exactly. Had he not kept himself up front and in contention, he wouldn't have been in a position to win.

Very solid drive from Heikki. Congratulations!

Dave B
3rd August 2008, 19:03

Or indeed Finnish :p

Congrats to Heikki, it was only a matter of time :up:

gloomyDAY
3rd August 2008, 19:28
I'm glad a Finnish man finished first.

One of many Kovy! :D

leopard
4th August 2008, 07:18
Good job, It justified the contract renewal.

To finish first, drivers in front must not finish. :)

Storm
4th August 2008, 08:28
Really unlucky for Massa and a big blow as it would have the title race closer again but now Hamilton has a big gap to him with Kimi not looking like he wants to win it (although he tried hard y'day)

Well done to HK though, he kept it neat and steady and got some luck his way

Very lucky win but not as lucky a win as when MS won in Spain (99/2000?) when Mika's car died on the LAST LAP!

Garry Walker
4th August 2008, 10:57
Very lucky and undeserved win.

elinagr
4th August 2008, 11:01
massa reminds me schumy in that last race...

slinkster
4th August 2008, 11:42
Go heikki! Hopefully it will give him the boost he needs and help build his confidence. :)

52Paddy
4th August 2008, 12:35
So where now for Heikki? Back to collecting a handful of points or a more frequenter to the podium (and even the top step)?

Dr. Krogshöj
4th August 2008, 13:11
Now Finnish fans have an Iceman and a Niceman to root for. Congrats!

Anderton
4th August 2008, 13:25
It was lucky, but why was it undeserved? Heikki finished a solid race. Congrats to Heikki, hopefully there will be much more to come :D

ArrowsFA1
4th August 2008, 13:39
According to GP Week (http://mag.gpweek.com/) Heikki because the 100th race winner in the history of F1 on Sunday :cool:

Knock-on
4th August 2008, 13:40

It was lucky to an extent because it would have been either Lewis or Massa that would have won but for reliability / punctures.

I suppose you could say that Massa and Lewis were the drivers that deserved to win but didn't for the reason given.

So, Heikki was in the right place to pick up their misfortune.

You are technically right in what you wrote, just rather ungracious about it :p :

speeddurango
5th August 2008, 00:25
Yep, it was undeserved opposite to what Ron Dennis had put it "well deserved win". But hey, a win is a win, he ran as the third quickest and made no mistakes, so congratulations.

harsha
6th August 2008, 05:46
good race by Heikki... always great to see someone score his first win :)

one of many i'm sure :D

jens
6th August 2008, 11:39
Congrats!! :up: Heikki has had a lot of unluck this season, so he finally deserved some luck too! And his race pace looked better than in the previous Grand Prix's, he was less than 10 seconds behind Hamilton before the latter suffered a puncture. So hopefully finally Heikki is finding his pace in race conditions too and that win gives him extra confidence for the future GP weekends!

stevie_gerrard
6th August 2008, 16:42
The luckiest victory in years in f1, but Heikki did do well and he deserves a break and hopefully this will be the start of better things for him at mclaren. :)