PDA

View Full Version : Employee dies at Renault F1 factory

CNR
31st July 2008, 23:12
http://www.homeofsport.com/f1/news/item.aspx?id=22678

Paramedics and police were dispatched to Renault's Formula One headquarters at Enstone on Thursday morning following the death of an employee.
The local newspaper Oxford Mail suggested that a firearm may have been involved in the incident, which is being investigated by police.

tinchote
1st August 2008, 03:04
Sounds weird :s

gloomyDAY
1st August 2008, 07:21
KERS related?

ioan
1st August 2008, 08:25
That's very sad! :(

leopard
1st August 2008, 08:29
It might be only coincidence that the incident took place at the Renault hq. No further talk but each probability including possibility of suicide involving firearm for personal reason like being left by beloved person can also motivate someone to die.

Knock-on
1st August 2008, 11:14
Renault have not been a happy camp for some time now and this wont help.

V. sad :(

Knock-on
1st August 2008, 15:46
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/69560

Looks like he shot himself.

Really terrible.

JasonD
1st August 2008, 18:33
KERS related?
Either you're stupid because you obviously cant read or you're an uncaring a$$hole who probably still cant read.

truefan72
1st August 2008, 18:45
a shame really if he killed himself. He was the most senior staffer at Renault HQ.

my thoughts with his family first

jens
1st August 2008, 18:55
I wonder, why on earth did he need to commit a suicide? Anything to do with the job and the stress and strain, which evolves with intense working in the factory?

Zico
1st August 2008, 19:49
I wonder, why on earth did he need to commit a suicide? Anything to do with the job and the stress and strain, which evolves with intense working in the factory?

Doubt it, I know I'd change my Job if it ever left me feeling suicidal, most likely problems elsewhere in his life IMO.

Very sad, my deepest condolences to his family, friends and co-workers.

gloomyDAY
1st August 2008, 20:00
Either you're stupid because you obviously cant read or you're an uncaring a$$hole who probably still cant read.lol

It will be hard for Flavio and crew can shake this off.
Quite sad, sudden. I hope stress marks don't appear over this coming weekend.

harsha
1st August 2008, 20:10
very sad for the family and all...

CNR
2nd August 2008, 00:04
Either you're stupid because you obviously cant read or you're an uncaring a$$hole who probably still cant read.

watch it i am just back from a 1 month ban for say not much more then that

CNR
2nd August 2008, 00:38
KERS related?

it may have been

Mr Millar was working in research and development. He had previously worked for Benetton and was acquired by Renault when the company took over the Enstone site.

gloomyDAY
2nd August 2008, 04:46
Seems to be a suicide. I wonder why...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/69560

cyclone2
2nd August 2008, 11:36
I knew him personally, as I have a family member at the factory.
He was an extremely nice person, I am very sad that he is gone and cannot imagine how the people who knew him much better than me must feel.
I do not know many details at all, I don't think many people do.
I would ask that people refrain from speculation, it will not bring Bill back to us so is of no use.
I do not know what project Bill has been involved in lately, and frankly I am not prepared to ask.
I am sure that when the Police investigation is complete then official statements will be made.

Dave B
2nd August 2008, 11:39
I agree that speculation is unhelpful.

RIP, that's all I'll say.

FIA
2nd August 2008, 13:15
Sad news, RIP Bill. Strange that they haven't mentioned it on the programme.

leopard
4th August 2008, 05:16
I was guessing that he had a broken heart and commit a suicide, but considering the first source was in conformity with autorsport, we may consider that they and my prediction are valid, bam (http://forums.motorsport.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1947&d=1216779286) ;)