PDA

View Full Version : Need help Indycar fans!!

jimispeed
29th July 2008, 06:15
I'm a little disappointed in the Indycar website. It's just not fan friendly enough, or something. Anyways, I'm used to seeing really good gallery pics of the event/happenings from a former website. Did anyone go to Edmonton, and get pictures of the happenings there. I miss the candids, nice race shots of labeled drivers cars, and pics from the "Miss Indy" contests including the drivers being the judges. The lifestyle shots were always good too!

The Indycar website isn't very good for gallery pics of the events. Does anyone have some great pics of the Edmonton race that they would like to share??

Would you like to see a fan driven gallery thread for each event? I would!!

Does someone want to start one??

Thanks!!!

MAX_THRUST
29th July 2008, 09:14
I do think the web site could be more obvious where stuff is. Some websites don't seem to realise how lazy, web surfers are. Had this discussion at work once. If you can't see it on the front page then your not interested. They couldn't understand why people didn't scroll down to much, or wnat to go to another page.

The front should be clear as bell. It looks good, but stuff should be real easy to find. Remember NASCAR fans might want to view the site as well.......lol...

The instant classic
29th July 2008, 15:42
I'm a little disappointed in the Indycar website. It's just not fan friendly enough, or something. Anyways, I'm used to seeing really good gallery pics of the event/happenings from a former website. Did anyone go to Edmonton, and get pictures of the happenings there. I miss the candids, nice race shots of labeled drivers cars, and pics from the "Miss Indy" contests including the drivers being the judges. The lifestyle shots were always good too!

The Indycar website isn't very good for gallery pics of the events. Does anyone have some great pics of the Edmonton race that they would like to share??

Would you like to see a fan driven gallery thread for each event? I would!!

Does someone want to start one??

Thanks!!!

i have never been a big fan of indycar.com they dont put much work into the site, i know they talk about "the new indycar.com" at the start of the year, i was thinking better video when watching the race,and chat more photos better lay out for news that stuff, but the site doesnt seem very fan friendly as you have said, i have been to nascar.com and that site lay out is great,

but i agree i havent seen any pics from really any race this year on indycar.com and if we do get pics we see like 3 to 5 pics?

Civic
30th July 2008, 04:17
I could do a Long Beach fan gallery from this year. I know they're Champ Cars, but the points did count towards the IRL.

Or check out my Sonoma 2006 pics in the banners at the top of the page.

jimispeed
30th July 2008, 06:56
I would love to see photos from fans!! Some of you have taken the best shots of the cars/drivers, and the candids are great too!! Let's not forget Miss Indy......

I wish there was a "Face of Indycar" campaign!!

Fans, post your photo's or link us to your webpage!

Thanks!!

ChampUSfan
30th July 2008, 17:13
i have never been a big fan of indycar.com they dont put much work into the site, i know they talk about "the new indycar.com" at the start of the year, i was thinking better video when watching the race,and chat more photos better lay out for news that stuff, but the site doesnt seem very fan friendly as you have said, i have been to nascar.com and that site lay out is great,

but i agree i havent seen any pics from really any race this year on indycar.com and if we do get pics we see like 3 to 5 pics?

Personally I like the "new" website

The instant classic
30th July 2008, 17:20
Personally I like the "new" website

i have been to speedtv.com and nascar.com and other sites, i wish indycar.com could put some games on there site, like something like

who won the indy 500 in 2001? games like that

i did see on some other forum thats all about indycar, some fan said i wish i could have seen the late 80s of open weel, it wolud be kind of cool if indycar.com could make something like, this day in racing history and tell fans that never saw the cart days tell them what it was all about,

lol i dont know maybe i think to much on this kind of thing :rolleyes:

ChampUSfan
30th July 2008, 17:57
who won the indy 500 in 2001? games like that Too easy...

i did see on some other forum thats all about indycar, some fan said i wish i could have seen the late 80s of open weel, it wolud be kind of cool if indycar.com could make something like, this day in racing history and tell fans that never saw the cart days tell them what it was all about

The CART area has finished I think between 2003 and 2004. That's over now.

Personnaly I watched both IRL and CC, but Now we are in the beginning in the new area. They can also tell us what happened in the IRL btw, but in the past many many things happened. So I think about the present, cause now also great things happen so let be happy about the championship we have today. Personnaly I love it and I am proud to be an IndyCar fan.

The instant classic
30th July 2008, 18:05
Too easy...

The CART area has finished I think between 2003 and 2004. That's over now.

Personnaly I watched both IRL and CC, but Now we are in the beginning in the new area. They can also tell us what happened in the IRL btw, but in the past many many things happened. So I think about the present, cause now also great things happen so let be happy about the championship we have today. Personnaly I love it and I am proud to be an IndyCar fan.
same i watch both indycar and champcar,

most time i look up old videos on youtube and get to see what i missed in the old open weel days, cuz i hear so much about it,
maybe thats just me i love to go back and look at the history of racing, and see how it all started, its so cool to see where we have come from then till now, it wolud be so great to see indycar become bigger now, then it once was, i belive it will in time,

philipbain
30th July 2008, 19:57
Autosport always have a good set of IRL pictures, the Edmonton pics can be found here: http://www.autosport.com/gallery/index.php/id/1412

ZzZzZz
1st August 2008, 22:33
http://motorsport.com/photos/series.asp?S=INDYCAR&Y=0