PDA

View Full Version : Dear TG

-Helix-
28th July 2008, 03:31
Whenever it comes time to renew the contract for the Brickyard 400, please give it the USGP treatment and show the ***** the door.

I'm tired of NASCAR ruining Indy and all that it stands for while stealing it's history and playing it off as it's own. Those crappy cars should've never been allowed to cross the bricks. After today's race, I'm sure even NASCAR fans probably want the race gone. It was a joke and a disgrace to IMS.

I know money talks, but that doesn't mean you should degrade yourself and sell yourself out like a 5 dollar prostitute.

Besides, it would be a good smack in the face to ISC if one of their biggest events got taken away. In turn it would probably help your open wheel series by giving drivers less of a reason to go to NASCAR for more money. Money is one thing, but they also want to win at Indy. If they can only win at Indy in one series, that's where they're going to go.

I know you won't listen to me, but maybe you'll figure it out eventually,

-Helix-

fugariracing
28th July 2008, 05:18
First off, get your commercial sponsorship right! The Allstate 400 at the Brickyard aired on ESPN with airtime provided by sponsors X, Y and Z.

Today's race was a farce, yes. Seems any tire maker other than Bridgestone/Firestone has been unsuitable since the diamond grounding in 2005.

Without the NASCAR money and all the revenue from this event though, TG would be struggling to keep funding the IRL, which given the mergification is now the only open-wheel series left.

And this appears to be the IndyCar forum right? So why is a NASCAR topic here? Just wondering.

Rex Monaco
28th July 2008, 06:03
NASCAR didn't ruin Indy. NASCAR saved Indy.

NASCAR screwed up today. But at least they didn't cancel the race and the drivers didn't walk out.

But if you want to discuss the NASCAR race, then you should go to the NASCAR section.

Rex Monaco
28th July 2008, 06:07
I'm tired of NASCAR ruining Indy and all that it stands for while stealing it's history and playing it off as it's own.

You can't blame NASCAR that the Indy 500 became the Honda 500 at Indy. That was the sole fault of the management of the Indianapolis Motor Speeedway. They ruined all that Indy stood for, and used NASCAR money to do it.

MAX_THRUST
28th July 2008, 08:16
It seems everyone disagrees with the thread poster, and guess what? so do I. NASCAR helps fund Indy CAr, one day things may turn around and Indy car gets to be top dog.

Moreover, having the 400 become a bigger historical race than it is right now, would be a good thing, as it becomes a helpful bargaining chip, when NASCAR doesn't want you to have something. Anything that keeps NASCAR compliant, has to be worth keeping.

-Helix-
28th July 2008, 17:50
You can't blame NASCAR that the Indy 500 became the Honda 500 at Indy. That was the sole fault of the management of the Indianapolis Motor Speeedway. They ruined all that Indy stood for, and used NASCAR money to do it.

Sorry, but there's nothing wrong with Indy and there never has been. Its quality suffered a little during the split, but to think that the Indy 500 was somehow "ruined" is stupid. You obviously aren't a real fan then. Go watch your crappy tintops.

Just follow the current big thing, no matter how retarded it is, like the rest of America. :rolleyes:

The instant classic
28th July 2008, 18:39
to be honest i didnt mind the nascar race, sure every 10 laps we saw yellows, but i really didnt know who wolud win? if the pit crew mess up once that could take away a win, anyone could have blowing a tire anytime,

Rex Monaco
28th July 2008, 19:16
Sorry, but there's nothing wrong with Indy and there never has been.

Then there was no need to unify, since everything was perfect in Indyland.

Its quality suffered a little during the split, but to think that the Indy 500 was somehow "ruined" is stupid.

Suffered a little is a big understatement.

If you think having a Honda parade for 500 laps somehow improved Indy, then maybe you aren't the real fan.

You obviously aren't a real fan then.

<insert witty yet rude retort here>

Go watch your crappy tintops.

Just follow the current big thing, no matter how retarded it is, like the rest of America. :rolleyes:

When ABC Wide World of Sports was the sole provider of motorsports coverage on American TV, I was watching NASCAR and Indy. Long before template racing and long before CART.

There will never be another era like that in American motorports. NASCAR and the ICS have both left that era behind.

But NASCAR has made a successful transition, and you shouldn't be jealous of their success. You should learn from it because the similarities to the transition that ICS is currently facing are greater than you think.

nigelred5
29th July 2008, 02:51
Sell, since the 24 and 48 crews rarely screw up in the pit stall, I was pretty confident Johnson was going to win before half way. You could see Kanuss's strategy on tires very early.

Without the $Brickyard$400$, I seriously doubt we would have ever seen any of there major modifications to the pit lane and the Pagoda or the USGP as he wouldn't have had any where near the cash flow to do that and fund the IRL for so long.

evo5_mat
29th July 2008, 11:19
SAorry but even TG knows the importance of Nascar, why you think the edmonton race was moved from the sunday to the saturday ? umm because TG needed to be at Indy.

Also like others have said, if it wasnt for Nascar monies IRL would be in a very bad state financially as TG used most of the family funds throughout the years keeping IRL afloat or giving teams money to keep going.