PDA

View Full Version : any V8 this weekend

car20
27th July 2008, 17:04
Did any V8 venture over the pond this weekend ??

Had a look on tsl but no info caomes up just the timetable?

acorn
28th July 2008, 10:43
say it quietly...... one. respect to colin. was this meeting a mistake? what's going on?

racing59
28th July 2008, 20:49
http://www.tsl-timing.com/?loc=club&season=2008&series=BRSCC&event=club&source=brscc2006&eventid=83031

That'll be it.

Back in Feb, when Duane and myself met with John Clarke (VSR's), the subject was mentioned, and we (Duane and myself) agreed that Croix should not be on our calendar.

While they may try to have a party that weekend, we were trying to rebuild the series, not kill it with events at circuits that most people don't want to go to. Colin no doubt went because Keith went, to maintain his series lead.
Even if my car were ready, there's no way I'd go there. (a) I couldn't afford the combined fuel/ferry cost, and (b) it's a crepe circuit for a big car with limited steering lock.
I'm sure it would be a bit of fun to do a trackday on a circuit like that, but to race on it, I'd rather take up an interest in football.

Had they said the "overseas" round was Dijon, or Monza, or similar, I would have made myself afford it and sold everything not bolted down!

Rob.