Decent if not spectacular race, great job by PT:

http://i38.tinypic.com/2efmk9g.jpg

rh

Mad_Hatter
27th July 2008, 00:09
Helio threw it away.

harvick#1
27th July 2008, 00:18
well done to Tracy, I must admit, I guess I was wrong for his debut, not bad for a guy making his first start in the car, I hate it that the time limit had to show up

jackmart
27th July 2008, 00:53
Will Power was the fastest, did he have a problem with his car and get out early? I know that happened with a few. PT was lucky because he wa slower than Briscoe and Servia so I think he played his cards just right.

-Helix-
27th July 2008, 01:14
What a horrible race. AGR's antics and Tracy's determination were fun to watch, but the rest was a snoozefest.

Can we dump Edmonton now that Toronto is coming back, please?

It was like a friggin F1 parade. Only time there was ever any passing is if someones car broke or in the pits.

harvick#1
27th July 2008, 01:34
Will Power was the fastest, did he have a problem with his car and get out early? I know that happened with a few. PT was lucky because he wa slower than Briscoe and Servia so I think he played his cards just right.

believe it was a suspension problem

icehammer97
27th July 2008, 01:38
What a horrible race. AGR's antics and Tracy's determination were fun to watch, but the rest was a snoozefest.

Can we dump Edmonton now that Toronto is coming back, please?

It was like a friggin F1 parade. Only time there was ever any passing is if someones car broke or in the pits.

Actually there was quite a few passes. Brisco made a bunch after he dropped in the field. PT made a buch of passes too as did TK Servia and Wilson made a few too and others the TV coverage just seemed to miss all of them. And Helio got Brisco for the lead on track.

Jason555
27th July 2008, 02:10
This was another very boring IRL race..... Do they go to that track every year?????

harvick#1
27th July 2008, 02:25
the race was great, ESPN just missed alot of the action

Colin
27th July 2008, 04:11
I agree on the coverage. How many times did we spend whole laps following the lead cars who were saving fuel and weren't trying to pass while there was side by side action in 4-8th places. How many cars did Tracy pass and how many did we see on camera? I couldn't believe how bad the coverage is and how banal the commentary is.

Cart750hp
27th July 2008, 05:12
Those top 10 winners are very competitive. That's more of a competition that when CC and IRL was still two series.

nigelred5
27th July 2008, 05:15
I think they were throwing all the teams at covering Indy this weekend. Jenkins sounded like someone forgot to hand him the script before the race started.

gofastandwynn
27th July 2008, 07:24
God awful coverage, I think perhaps the worst I have ever seen of a top tier event. No chemistry between the broadcast team (tons of silence on the broadcast).

The was no coverage of anything that didn't involve the leaders, Danica, PT or a crash. I am watching T&S seeing TK & others cutting through the field from the back and nothing about it on TV. You had the leader spinning and no one having any clue it happened.

A new low in ABC/ESPN coverage....

jimispeed
27th July 2008, 08:47
Actually there was quite a few passes. Brisco made a bunch after he dropped in the field. PT made a buch of passes too as did TK Servia and Wilson made a few too and others the TV coverage just seemed to miss all of them. And Helio got Brisco for the lead on track.

I agree on the coverage. How many times did we spend whole laps following the lead cars who were saving fuel and weren't trying to pass while there was side by side action in 4-8th places. How many cars did Tracy pass and how many did we see on camera? I couldn't believe how bad the coverage is and how banal the commentary is.

I totally agree, we didn't see much of the action, and because of that we missed probably the best Indycar race to date!!

45 Below
27th July 2008, 09:11
God awful coverage, I think perhaps the worst I have ever seen of a top tier event. No chemistry between the broadcast team (tons of silence on the broadcast).

The was no coverage of anything that didn't involve the leaders, Danica, PT or a crash. I am watching T&S seeing TK & others cutting through the field from the back and nothing about it on TV. You had the leader spinning and no one having any clue it happened.

A new low in ABC/ESPN coverage....

Agreed. After a while I decided to save bandwidth and just follow the live timing while listening to IMS radio. I really enjoy Mike King's commentaries.

seppefan
27th July 2008, 12:19

Yup. Useless coverage and an interesting race. Missed the first pit stops and followed the leaders too much.

jimispeed
27th July 2008, 19:32
Will Power with the fastest lap of the race! I found that interesting!

-Helix-
27th July 2008, 22:10

I know there was SOME passing, but for the most part it was a parade that occasionally switched around due to pitstops or a mistake. Most of the passes happened when a good car that should've been in the front fell back or got behind slower traffic. i.e. Briscoe falling back and making his way back up, or Helio moving around the guys that didn't pit, Kanaan starting in the back even though he obviously had a much better car than the majority of the field, etc.

I agree that the horrible TV coverage had a lot to do with it, but I still think it was a subpar event. I don't like that track at all.

Very little actual racing. Snoozefest. I'm surprised I didn't fall asleep.