PDA

View Full Version : Dennis EJ "the menace" Viso

garyshell
27th July 2008, 00:02
Well he did it again. What the hell is this kid thinking? Or is he even thinking at all? The move on Graham was just plain stupid.

He now gets a new nickname "Dennis".

Gary

ChampUSfan
27th July 2008, 00:05
Well he did it again. What the hell is this kid thinking? Or is he even thinking at all? The move on Graham was just plain stupid.

He now gets a new nickname "Dennis".

Gary

You never know what he's thinking about...the league should penalize him or suspend him...he's the most scary driver out there

Mad_Hatter
27th July 2008, 00:06
'He was in so deep it's not even funny'
- Graham Rahal

snap

mlittle
27th July 2008, 00:09
It's a shame there isn't a "Bonehead Move of the Year" award because that move by Viso on Graham definitely qualifies as one choice for that award......
:eek: :eek:

The instant classic
27th July 2008, 00:10
'He was in so deep it's not even funny'
- Graham Rahal

snap
very true at first when EJ did this at the start of the year, it really ment nothing to me, cuz thats just racing, but now it seems like come the end of the racing and hes not in the top 5 or something he gets mad and wrecks everyone, but it wont be long till someone push him out :)

garyshell
27th July 2008, 00:12
Dear Mr. Viso,

Henceforth thy name is Dennis Viso.

Signed,

The ICS fan community.

The instant classic
27th July 2008, 00:18
now im not making a joke at viso here,,but viso is a ex champcar guy right?
and they race on street tracks right? then tell me viso, why cant you...hmmm. how to say this?..hmm... well race? kick him out of that car, and put someone that can race in it

The instant classic
27th July 2008, 00:31
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O37WQRhyM_I <=== there we go viso driving off track :)

drewdawg727
27th July 2008, 01:16
15 second penalty in the pits? WTF kind of penalty is that? He is already at the back of the field on the lead lap. They should have DQ'ed him, or docked points.

gm99
27th July 2008, 01:18
now im not making a joke at viso here,,but viso is a ex champcar guy right?
and they race on street tracks right? then tell me viso, why cant you...hmmm. how to say this?..hmm... well race? kick him out of that car, and put someone that can race in it

No, he isn't really an ex-Champ Car driver - 2008 is his first year in North American racing and the only CC race he competed in was Long Beach. Up until last season, he was racing in the GP2 series in Europe. No reason to blame him on Champ Car ;)

The instant classic
27th July 2008, 01:23
No, he isn't really an ex-Champ Car driver - 2008 is his first year in North American racing and the only CC race he competed in was Long Beach. Up until last season, he was racing in the GP2 series in Europe. No reason to blame him on Champ Car ;)
i know this was his first year in north american racing, but i say hes an ex CC guys only cuz he race long beach,, i for one like CC better then indycar for many years befor finally watching the IRL :s mokin:

gm99
27th July 2008, 01:31
... i for one like CC better then indycar for many years befor finally watching the IRL :s mokin:

Well, you chose a very apt nickname then ;)

bones
27th July 2008, 01:33
How did this guy get a ride with the IRL? Serious question, I'd like to know.

The instant classic
27th July 2008, 01:34
Well, you chose a very apt nickname then ;)
yeah i know it was more of a rush job name i came up with, i wasnt really sure what my name here sholud be, so i made it easy to rember ;)

The instant classic
27th July 2008, 01:41
i really dont know? i ask myself the same thing about many drivers,
maybe at first his team tough that he could be someone that could get some top 5, top 10..befor the year starts ever team thinks they have the best driver, and hope to win the indy 500 and the title, but now im sure the team sees that viso is crap and will kick him out at the years end,, i can see how you could have some high hopes for a driver like in viso but now he really sholudnt have a ride

Mad_Hatter
27th July 2008, 01:45
PDVSA $$$ brought him here. But, to be honest he's not been any worse than Marco.

gm99
27th July 2008, 01:49

I don't think this guy has a ride with the IRL. As far as I know, he has got a ride with HVM Racing which happens to compete in the Indy Car Series ;)

fugariracing
27th July 2008, 04:12

money, plain and simple. and it pushed a two-race winner and popular driver in CC in Holland's Robert Doornbos to the curbs b/c of it.

kid's good for excitement and at least one interesing move per race but the list is long of those drivers he has run aground of at some pt this season.

garyshell
27th July 2008, 05:16
PDVSA $$$ brought him here. But, to be honest he's not been any worse than Marco.

Oh, please you must be kidding. Yes Marco has had his moments, but EJ is a Menace!

Gary

Cart750hp
27th July 2008, 05:23
money, plain and simple. and it pushed a two-race winner and popular driver in CC in Holland's Robert Doornbos to the curbs b/c of it.

kid's good for excitement and at least one interesing move per race but the list is long of those drivers he has run aground of at some pt this season.

Yep, that's right.

I hope IndyCar will put this ride-buyer to a minimum next year. Mr. "Phone-call" Eric Bachelart should close his team rather than renting his cars to these Latin or Euro drivers. There should be a minimum number of drivers in a season for a team and also minimum number of race that these ride-buyers should accomplish such as a minimum of 5 races. Look, although this is the first year of IndyCar together, the grid line-up isn't the problem. Not like before. 22 cars of good and competitive drivers and maybe one ride buyer should put a very good race.

Just my 2c of course.

CARTDM15
27th July 2008, 17:44
Get off his case.He's a rookie.He's made a few mistake.Atleast he tries to move up the grid during a race.With a better team he would qualify better and not have to make those risky passes.

bblocker68
27th July 2008, 18:56
If you guys ever watched a GP2 race, you would total understand why Viso makes those moves. Those guys would cut off their Mom and put her in the fence since any moves you make up the chart gets the eyes of F1.

Someone just has to tell Ernesto that he's in IndyCar and can show a little more patience and respect.

Mad_Hatter
27th July 2008, 20:46
Oh, please you must be kidding. Yes Marco has had his moments, but EJ is a Menace!

Gary

No not really. Off the top of my head,

Marco:
Indy- involving Kanaan and Fisher.
Milwaukee- involving Ed Carpenter, Meira, and Mutoh.
Texas- involving RHR. Marco doesn't think it's his fault.
Nashville- involving Briscoe
Edmonton

Viso:
St. Pete?
Texas- involving Tomas
Watkins Glen- involving Meira. Viso doesn't think it's his fault.
Mid-Ohio- forgot the particulars.
Edmonton- involving Rahal. He realizes this is his fault.

Seems like a pretty similar track record to me with Marco causing lots more money worth of damage.

ChampUSfan
28th July 2008, 16:50

money, money, money---

I think his sponsor is a big company in Venezuela and they support him so he's got some $$$$$$ and he has a full time ride...it's like Milka with Citgo I think.

ChampUSfan
28th July 2008, 16:51

In some races he's better than Marco and Danica

ChampUSfan
28th July 2008, 16:54
If Viso doesnt have his place in the IRL, means Marco doesnt have his too...

elis
28th July 2008, 17:38
Sigh. Personally I will side with the likes of Scott Dixon, Dan Wheldon & Brian Barnhardt who have all said positive things about EJ. Dixon calling him a fantastic driver, Wheldon saying he is just what the series needs, Brian saying he has been pleasantly surprised...

Of course there have been rookie mistakes, show me a driver that has not made them.. infact, show me an established senior driver that still does not make them.

Many people have realised they were way too harsh on Viso for the Miera incident, particuarly after seeing an almost identical move by Lewis Hamilton in Germany. The only difference being Hamilton's car did not clip the front wing of the car he had overtaken... the overtaken car still went off track, though did manage to continue. That move was described by the commentary team as text book & great.

The Rahal incident was unfortunate & EJ has held his hands up saying because he overtook the car infront he didn't cut enough speed for the corner & hence side hit Rahal. He has apologised, but in reality the driver who lost out most in that accident was Viso himself. He was enroute to a top 6 position, Rahal was 16 laps down & was never to going to finish anywhere but in the lowly ranks. Rahal's main grievance should go back to lap 1, had that not happened, he would not have been where he was on track when Viso misjudged his breaking with the resulting contact.

Viso has brought plenty of positives to the indy car series, but yet again folks opt to overlook that in favour of lambasting the guy, who in reality has probably have no more incidents than some of the others out there, it's simply because he caught the attention early on in his rookie season for both impressive & a few dodgy reasons, that anything he does now is immediately jumped on with a fine tooth comb... but no, not the good stuff, cos that doesnt make a juicy story.

Rahal has wrecked plenty of times this year so too Foyt & Andretti, Danica has been branded a menace for her blocking. Many drivers have had their moments.

Some of the most supported & respected drivers around the world have had early reps for being reckless or crazy... Schumacher, Senna, Mi Andretti, Zanardi, Tomas Sheckter, Tracy to name a few...

*THE IRLFAN

You are way off base with your view that the team thinks he's crap.. so far off base you are out of the stadium.

Give the guy a break people. ;)

The instant classic
28th July 2008, 17:42
Sigh. Personally I will side with the likes of Scott Dixon, Dan Wheldon & Brian Barnhardt who have all said positive things about EJ. Dixon calling him a fantastic driver, Wheldon saying he is just what the series needs, Brian saying he has been pleasantly surprised...

Of course there have been rookie mistakes, show me a driver that has not made them.. infact, show me an established senior driver that still does not make them.

Many people have realised they were way too harsh on Viso for the Miera incident, particuarly after seeing an almost identical move by Lewis Hamilton in Germany. The only difference being Hamilton's car did not clip the front wing of the car he had overtaken... the overtaken car still went off track, though did manage to continue. That move was described by the commentary team as text book & great.

The Rahal incident was unfortunate & EJ has held his hands up saying because he overtook the car infront he didn't cut enough speed for the corner & hence side hit Rahal. He has apologised, but in reality the driver who lost out most in that accident was Viso himself. He was enroute to a top 6 position, Rahal was 16 laps down & was never to going to finish anywhere but in the lowly ranks. Rahal's main grievance should go back to lap 1, had that not happened, he would not have been where he was on track when Viso misjudged his breaking with the resulting contact.

Viso has brought plenty of positives to the indy car series, but yet again folks opt to overlook that in favour of lambasting the guy, who in reality has probably have no more incidents than some of the others out there, it's simply because he caught the attention early on in his rookie season for both impressive & a few dodgy reasons, that anything he does now is immediately jumped on with a fine tooth comb... but no, not the good stuff, cos that doesnt make a juicy story.

Rahal has wrecked plenty of times this year so too Foyt & Andretti, Danica has been branded a menace for her blocking. Many drivers have had their moments.

Some of the most supported & respected drivers around the world have had early reps for being reckless or crazy... Schumacher, Senna, Ma Andretti, Zanardi, Tomas Sheckter, Tracy to name a few...

*THE IRLFAN

You are way off base with your view that the team thinks he's crap.. so far off base you are out of the stadium.

Give the guy a break people. ;)

i didnt say i think hes team thinks hes crap? i said, i think hes team had some high hopes for EJ this year, and its just not working out as they wolud have planed it

Dr. Krogshöj
28th July 2008, 21:01
Dear Mr. Viso,

Henceforth thy name is Dennis Viso.

Signed,

The ICS fan community.

Dennis Visolo?

pits4me
28th July 2008, 23:35
Get off his case.He's a rookie.He's made a few mistake.Atleast he tries to move up the grid during a race.With a better team he would qualify better and not have to make those risky passes.

We saw his tires smoke from coming into the corner too deep but there may have been more to the story. I wish the TV would have shown more of his approach into that turn before tagging Rahal. It looked like he may have been forced off the track earlier and lost his grip or some downforce.

While many drivers speak highly of him, there's no excuse for the brain fade he's suffering, even if he's having a difficult time wrestling his crap Dallara around a temporary circuit.

bradslater
30th July 2008, 08:49
It's a shame there isn't a "Bonehead Move of the Year" award because that move by Viso on Graham definitely qualifies as one choice for that award......
:eek: :eek:

"Bonehead Move of the Year" ?

I would vote for Danica's at Watkins Glen pit crash :o or Dixon's on yellow flag :dozey: messing with Briscoe on the same race.
By the way, in my opinion that Edmonton track should be supervised for future races...way too bumpy, an unnatural envirornment for the Dallaras, a not suitable surface for a IRL race.
And again Rahal was down by many laps, fixing problems by going in the pits continuouisly...don't forget that. He wasn't a contender. :confused: