PDA

View Full Version : Bruno and Orial

garyshell
26th July 2008, 23:57
What happend to these two at the end of the race???

Bruno dropped WAAAAAAAY back. And PT got past Servial on the last lap. But no coverage. Anyone hear anything on race director or the radio coverage?

Gary

icehammer97
27th July 2008, 00:07
What happend to these two at the end of the race???

Bruno dropped WAAAAAAAY back. And PT got past Servial on the last lap. But no coverage. Anyone hear anything on race director or the radio coverage?

Gary

Servia had his steering break. In the post race interview he said it was so bad that the crew had to fix it just to get it back to the hauler.

bblocker68
27th July 2008, 19:06
To me, it looked like fuel pickup problems for Bruno. A gearbox or clutch failure wouldn't surprise me either.

drewdawg727
27th July 2008, 19:20
Are you surprised there was no coverage? I am not...they never talk about action in the race.

I always have to look way back on the track to see what action is happening myself. Its terrible really.

nigelred5
28th July 2008, 01:38
Seemed like even when there was action on track and on camera, they were talking about something else. More than once they were going to break and the rewas an on track incident and they just went right on to the break.
I was suprised they even had as much footage of PT as they did. Guess that comes with TG paying his way.

StumptownBadger
28th July 2008, 01:45
From Chris Gallas at Dale Coyne Racing:

"EDMONTON, Alb. - (July 26, 2007) - Bruno Junqueira, who started a
season-best seventh, appeared headed for a sixth-place finish with
four laps remaining in the Rexall Edmonton Indy race Saturday
afternoon.

However, that scenario did not play out because a sensor malfunctioned
on Junqueira's No. 18 Z-Line Designs car, locking the car permanently
into sixth gear. Since the eight-year open wheel veteran could not
shift gears the last four laps of the race, he settled on a 14th place
finish instead."