PDA

View Full Version : Red Bull in 09 ? Doornbos for 09?

seppefan
26th July 2008, 14:51
What chance Red bull return to the IRL in 09.

It would be great to see Rober Doornbos back with their help at a good team.

jimispeed
26th July 2008, 17:35

I couldn't agree more! I'd love to see it!!

RD and PT!!!

BobGarage
26th July 2008, 18:26
and PT!!!

with personal sponsorship from Monster, PT is NOT going to be in any Red Bull funded team ;)

jimispeed
26th July 2008, 19:04
with personal sponsorship from Monster, PT is NOT going to be in any Red Bull funded team ;)

I didn't think of that one........................DOOOOOH!!!!

-Helix-
26th July 2008, 20:10
Doornbos and either Speed or A.J. would be nice. Unfortunately I don't think Red Bull would be up for that.

MDS
26th July 2008, 20:58
The rumours I have been hearing is Red Bull/Forythe Racing with potential rumored drivers: Sebastien Bourdais, Robert Doornbos, Robert Wickens, James Hinchcliff, Franck Pererra and Frack Montengy.

Supposedly the deal is all but done with Forysthe but they are waiting until after the F-1 season and to officially decide what happens with Wickens and Bourdais.

Also, not to be lost in this is that Red Bull is spending a lot of money for Robert Doornbos to sit idle. He has recently changed management and is testing for a Superleague Forumla. He says he wants to be in the IRL, and if thats the case, there's a good chance he could end with a Red Bull team since he seems needlessly passed over for a Red Bull F-1 slot.

seppefan
28th July 2008, 09:47
The rumours I have been hearing is Red Bull/Forythe Racing with potential rumored drivers: Sebastien Bourdais, Robert Doornbos, Robert Wickens, James Hinchcliff, Franck Pererra and Frack Montengy.

Supposedly the deal is all but done with Forysthe but they are waiting until after the F-1 season and to officially decide what happens with Wickens and Bourdais.

Also, not to be lost in this is that Red Bull is spending a lot of money for Robert Doornbos to sit idle. He has recently changed management and is testing for a Superleague Forumla. He says he wants to be in the IRL, and if thats the case, there's a good chance he could end with a Red Bull team since he seems needlessly passed over for a Red Bull F-1 slot.

All sounds very interesting and lets hope it is true.

bblocker68
28th July 2008, 15:55
It's vapor until it is in writing. We've been let down by GF enough already.

MDS
29th July 2008, 00:19
It's vapor until it is in writing. We've been let down by GF enough already.

Of course its a rumor. Also, if it doesn't turn out to be true, don't blame GF.

I get as fans we're invested in the sport, but really, his first responsibility is to his family, the people he employees and his sponsors.

I don't know how reliable this rumor is, I heard it from someone who is no long with the team. But I've heard similar rumors for weeks now, so who knows. It could just be some guy on the net making stuff up, or people drawing conculsions based on rumors and wishes.

bblocker68
29th July 2008, 16:09
True. And believe me, I'm just as hopeful as the rest of you in hoping Forsythe, Red Bull and others join in on the party.

Someone ring up DC and see if he wants to do some laps after his retirement. Maybe that will be motivation enough for Red Bull to come back to IndyCar.

pits4me
29th July 2008, 17:25

Red Bull seem very happy with the Red Bull Junior Team driver development program in Atlantic's and were reportedly considering Title Sponsorship of the Atlantic Championship prior to mergification.

FCR's announcement for Indy Lights for 2009 may be just the beginning of an expanded Red Bull Team Forsythe. If anyone can make it happen it would be Forsythe. He was one of the principal architects behind the Players Racing Development Program and ran Players Teams in Players Atlantic Championship, Indy Lights and CART.

The Player's program brought us Paul Tracy, Jacques Villeneuve, Patrick Carpentier, Alex Tagliani, Claude Bourbonnais, David Empringham, Bertrand Godin, Lee Bentham, and of course the great Greg Moore. Gerry Forsythe has proven if he doesn't have to chase after sponsorship money, he can run a very competitive program at all levels.

We can all speculate about who will fill the ICS seats but I think there is going to be a run-off competition between some veterans (Pererra, Montengy, Bourdais, Doornbos,) and Matos. We'll see drivers like Robert Wickens and James Hinchcliff move over to Indy Lights to gain oval experience and put RBFR on the podium.

MDS
30th July 2008, 02:42
Regardless what happens I'm starting to think more and more that Bourdais will stay with STR at least through 2009 as the team is probably less likely to bring in two rookies. That said, if the do drop him from F-1 they've been pretty good about giving their guys options. They supposedly offered both Christian Kien and Vitantonio Liuzzi rides in Champ Car, and the IRL seems like a good home for Bourdias.

I wonder how Red Bull would evaluate an ICS team. If there are more ovals on the schedule than road/street courses how would that fit into its driver development program? I guess the driver selection depends on whether they consider it part of their F-1 training or a stand alone investment like their Cup program. If we start seeing drivers like Wickins, Jaime Alguersuari, or Jean-Karl Vernay they'll be using it as a development series.

My bet now is the Dallara is too slow (Six seconds or more from the back of the F-1 pack) and there too many ovals for Red Bull to consider it a decent F-1 feeder series so if they come we'll see guys like Doornbos, Neel Jani and Hinchcliff, it'll be them using the IRL as a stand alone investment and finding a place for guys like Doornbos who has been lost in their overall shuffle.

fugariracing
30th July 2008, 03:32
RM has said Red Bull was unhappy with how they were treated by Eddie Cheever's team from 02-05 and that's why they haven't come back in the years since. Their money, I would think, is more tied up w/NASCAR, F1 and their air races and all their personal sponsorships.

I'd love to see them back, though, particularly with Buddy Rice, since in a perfect world he'd be marketable. American, badass, former Indy 500 champ. One of the nicest guys you'd ever meet, too. And almost no mention made of him at all.

BenRoethig
30th July 2008, 03:54
Regardless what happens I'm starting to think more and more that Bourdais will stay with STR at least through 2009 as the team is probably less likely to bring in two rookies. That said, if the do drop him from F-1 they've been pretty good about giving their guys options. They supposedly offered both Christian Kien and Vitantonio Liuzzi rides in Champ Car, and the IRL seems like a good home for Bourdias.

I wonder how Red Bull would evaluate an ICS team. If there are more ovals on the schedule than road/street courses how would that fit into its driver development program? I guess the driver selection depends on whether they consider it part of their F-1 training or a stand alone investment like their Cup program. If we start seeing drivers like Wickins, Jaime Alguersuari, or Jean-Karl Vernay they'll be using it as a development series.

My bet now is the Dallara is too slow (Six seconds or more from the back of the F-1 pack) and there too many ovals for Red Bull to consider it a decent F-1 feeder series so if they come we'll see guys like Doornbos, Neel Jani and Hinchcliff, it'll be them using the IRL as a stand alone investment and finding a place for guys like Doornbos who has been lost in their overall shuffle.

It isn't an F1 feeder series, its an independent track. I wouldn't be surprised of a Indycar Red Bull Program. Dietrich Mateschitz has very deep pockets and has made in roads to just about every other type of racing on the planet.

weeflyonthewall
31st July 2008, 15:56
Did the Red Bull Team Canada, Toro Rosso de Mexico rumors start in Edmonton? GF is one of the best when it comes to ladder teams. Hinch sitting on top in the Atlantic Championship. How does Dan Pettit fit into the BIG PICTURE?

bblocker68
31st July 2008, 15:59
Man, I haven't heard anything about Pettit since the reformation.

weeflyonthewall
1st August 2008, 07:26
Pettit is GF's partner in Atlantic's.
http://www.atlantic-championship.com/Teams/Team.asp?ID=11