PDA

View Full Version : Kimi fan

wedge
24th July 2008, 23:35
Only just found about this after reading Ted Kravitz report.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGvoGqB-j_U

Valve Bounce
24th July 2008, 23:38
Only just found about this after reading Ted Kravitz report.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGvoGqB-j_U

Can we have a translation, somebody, please!

mstillhere
25th July 2008, 03:55
The commentator only says that everything is going wrong for Kimi this week-end. He has also knocked down a little girl. :(

Valve Bounce
25th July 2008, 04:03
The commentator only says that everything is going wrong for Kimi this week-end. He has also knocked down a little girl. :(

The dunny must have been overloaded. :D :D :rotflmao:

ArrowsFA1
25th July 2008, 08:21
He has also knocked down a little girl. :(
Not quite how Autosport (http://www.autosport.com/news/grapevine.php/id/69388) reported it:

Having just arrived through the gates, Raikkonen strode towards the Ferrari motorhome when a mother and child apparently approached him for an autograph.
So desperate was the woman for Kimi's moniker that she batted the unfortunate infant clean off her feet.
Kimi, slightly bemused, and this time clearly not at fault, selected Iceman mode and marched purposefully on - with the woman still in pursuit apparently oblivious to the child's fate.

leopard
25th July 2008, 08:29
not all ... she invaded privacy of others. ;)

ShiftingGears
25th July 2008, 08:37

Did you see the video? The woman was paying no attention to her child when scrambling to get an autograph.

Zico
25th July 2008, 14:20
Did you see the video? The woman was paying no attention to her child when scrambling to get an autograph.

I agree,
He probably should have stopped to see she was ok but then he didnt actually cause it so.. ho hum.

mstillhere
25th July 2008, 18:42

I saw the video. I only translated what the voice in the backgrround said. That's as simple as that. Personally I don't take my kids to any F1 race track. I have seen people taking their 10 months old babies to the track. To me that's a crime. Their hearing can be lost for ever and often the heat or the cold can be really really tough on kids. So.....

Valve Bounce
25th July 2008, 22:45
I saw the video. I only translated what the voice in the background said. That's as simple as that. Personally I don't take my kids to any F1 race track. I have seen people taking their 10 months old babies to the track. To me that's a crime. Their hearing can be lost for ever and often the heat or the cold can be really really tough on kids. So.....

I used to take my kids to the footy. At half time nowadays, the kids come on and there at at least 6 games organised for them all over the ground.
I think it's better to take kids to Kart races - that would be more fum for them than F1.

mstillhere
26th July 2008, 01:47
I used to take my kids to the footy. At half time nowadays, the kids come on and there at at least 6 games organised for them all over the ground.
I think it's better to take kids to Kart races - that would be more fum for them than F1.

I went to The Canadian GP a couple of years ago and it must have been at least 90 degrees F. I mean everybody was sweting, looking for shade under the few trees near the track and then, in this infernal heat, It was very unfriendly for adults, imagine for kids. And then I saw this woman pushing a baby carriage with a baby inside that must have been 6-7 months old. "Thank god she is not my mother" I thought in disbelief. But..some people are like that and if something happens to their kids, then it's somebody else's fault. Please........

wmcot
27th July 2008, 06:43
I agree,
He probably should have stopped to see she was ok but then he didnt actually cause it so.. ho hum.

I'm sick of people that don't (won't?) control their kids - or at least watch out for their safety. From the angle of the video, I bet Kimi never even saw the kid because the mom's stupid huge autograph book was blocking his view. I believe that there should be a time and place for autographs (ALMS has mandatory times scheduled), not just jumping out and shoving a book and pen in sombody's face. It reminds me of those door-to-door salesmen who shove their foot in your door so you can't close it on them.

markabilly
27th July 2008, 10:21
not all ... she invaded privacy of others. ;)

Kimi needs to do a maxie and sue....

wedge
27th July 2008, 14:01
I'm sick of people that don't (won't?) control their kids - or at least watch out for their safety. From the angle of the video, I bet Kimi never even saw the kid because the mom's stupid huge autograph book was blocking his view. I believe that there should be a time and place for autographs (ALMS has mandatory times scheduled), not just jumping out and shoving a book and pen in sombody's face. It reminds me of those door-to-door salesmen who shove their foot in your door so you can't close it on them.

ALMS and F1 is completely different - ALMS has their priorities right.

You ever tried to get someone's autograph?

Some drivers are OK with signing just before a race, some guys aren't - understandable .

Last year I tried to get Mansell's autograph at a GT race, it was every man for himself.

The fans regard drivers as heroes/idols.

leopard
28th July 2008, 07:46
I'm sick of people that don't (won't?) control their kids - or at least watch out for their safety. She might not consider it may danger the kid's safety, Neither Kimi is driving nor getting out from a crashed car. ;)