PDA

View Full Version : Argh! Christmas stuff in the shops!!!!!

Daniel
24th July 2008, 21:48
I haven't actually seen any christmas stuff for sale yet but it's getting to that time of year so I thought I'd have a whinge about it before someone else does :p

maxu05
24th July 2008, 23:55
It will be starting soon, no doubt. I have heard that in OZ, they are not allowed to play Christmas carols in the shopping malls, as it will offend other religions. I do not think that is right, although, the fact that they used to play Christmas carols from mid October until Christmas Day will not be missed. By Christmas Eve, I am ready to strangle anyone that plays them :laugh:

Dave B
25th July 2008, 09:03
Christmas carols in shopping centres? That's why online shopping was invented.

cosmicpanda
25th July 2008, 10:09
I saw christmas stuff in at least two shops last week, but I think it was more for the whole 'mid year Christmas' thing, which I confess that I don't really understand.

GridGirl
25th July 2008, 13:01
Have no fear Daniel, I made the fatal mistake of walking into the Next sale last week. There were mothers in there trying oversized clothes by their kids that they were hoping that their kids will grow into and wont grow out of by the time they plan to wear them next summer!

Hazell B
25th July 2008, 13:08
At least let the Back To School stuff move off the shelves before Christmas talk hits the fan :(

(I sold out of baby Christmas trees early this year :D )

MrJan
25th July 2008, 14:25
Are the Easter eggs in yet?

Daniel
25th July 2008, 14:44
Are the Easter eggs in yet?

We went to the local farm shop today and they had Creme Eggs :|

Azumanga Davo
25th July 2008, 14:46
I haven't actually seen any christmas stuff for sale yet but it's getting to that time of year so I thought I'd have a whinge about it before someone else does :p

Carousel had Christmas trees in at the beginning of the month. Grrrr.

Even I think the Messiah is milking it with Christmas in July. :p :

Daniel
25th July 2008, 14:48
Carousel had Christmas trees in at the beginning of the month. Grrrr.

Even I think the Messiah is milking it with Christmas in July. :p :

That's South of the River. Who gives a **** :p

BDunnell
25th July 2008, 14:52
And why are hot cross buns still on sale?

Iain
25th July 2008, 14:55
I was in a shop the other day where I heard a woman being served at the till say "I'm putting it away for Christmas, incase there are none left closer to the time". :mark:

BDunnell
25th July 2008, 15:11
I was in a shop the other day where I heard a woman being served at the till say "I'm putting it away for Christmas, incase there are none left closer to the time". :mark:

What was this? A Gordon Brown Prime Ministerial souvenir mug?

Mark
25th July 2008, 15:12
:rotflmao: BDunnel :D

Daniel
25th July 2008, 15:31
What was this? A Gordon Brown Prime Ministerial souvenir mug?

:rotflmao: Quote of the week :up:

MrJan
25th July 2008, 17:06
And why are hot cross buns still on sale?

One word: Tasty :facelick:

Drew
25th July 2008, 18:09
Have no fear Daniel, I made the fatal mistake of walking into the Next sale last week. There were mothers in there trying oversized clothes by their kids that they were hoping that their kids will grow into and wont grow out of by the time they plan to wear them next summer!

What's wrong with that? It reminds me of my childhood :p :

Creme eggs, where? I don't see any, having missed easter here I would love some!

Mark
14th August 2008, 08:20
There is a hotel just north of York on the A19 with a giant banner which says "BOOK YOUR CHRISTMAS PARTY" - it's August :p

Daniel
14th August 2008, 08:21
it's August :p

Is it? :p

BDunnell
14th August 2008, 09:47
There is a hotel just north of York on the A19 with a giant banner which says "BOOK YOUR CHRISTMAS PARTY" - it's August :p

We should be thankful it says 'YOUR' rather than 'YOU'RE', in my view. ;)

Daniel
14th August 2008, 10:05
We should be thankful it says 'YOUR' rather than 'YOU'RE', in my view. ;)
Could be worse. Could say 'ur'

emporer_k
14th August 2008, 10:52
I've only seen christmad stuff in one shop so far but i have been getting emails about works christmas doo since the start of july.

BDunnell
14th August 2008, 12:28
Could be worse. Could say 'ur'

:laugh:

Les
14th August 2008, 12:35
had my first charity christmas catalogue through the post

GridGirl
14th August 2008, 17:23

August, pah! :p Our Christmas party gets booked in January as we have it on the last working day before we break up for Christmas. We'd never get a decent hotel and good food in the city center without booking so early. :) However, for our Summer do, usally at the Botanical Garden's we normally end up booking a Saturday night where there's been a wedding cancellation.

angie1313
15th August 2008, 17:33
My version of hell consists of having to listen to christmas carols 24/7

Dave B
15th August 2008, 20:42
My version of hell consists of having to listen to christmas carols 0.0000000001/7 :mark: