PDA

View Full Version : Farnborough Airshow Scsa Pics?

Gasman#99
21st July 2008, 00:02
Has anyone got pictures of the cars at the farnborough airshow from this weekend, as i never got to go.

LessThanSte
21st July 2008, 00:09
There were 3 cars present when i arrived this morning, sadly didnt get chance to take any photos of the cars though as when i wandered back i couldnt find them (around 5:45).

Still, there seemed to be an awful lot of interest in the cars and, more probably, the noise they made!

timtime
21st July 2008, 11:30
Firstly a big thank you to Skid and everyone else concerned for the tickets yesterday, and the opportunity to record the event. Assuming the camera's have behaved I should have plenty of pictures to share in a few days and will post a link.

The amount of interest being shown seemed very high and considering it was not a petrolhead or racing event, from an observers point of view I would say the participation was a succesful one.

Plenty of smiling faces from kids and adults alike, with a good balance of serious questions being asked. It was a shame the cars didnt get a chance to blast down the Farnborough runway but to me the positive vibes were very high.

Tim

corbygal
21st July 2008, 11:36
Well I took a couple of hundred of the cars! I'll be posting them leter on today if I have more time. So watch this space!

SkidCarrera
21st July 2008, 11:47
I've got a bunch of pics too, and can confirm it was a great weekend.

Thanks to Duane, Tony and John Steward, we were able to take advantage of an incredible event and show some of the cars to thousands of new potential fans.

Every time the crowd was getting too engrossed in the flying things, we'd just start the engines and they'd all coming running back over!

The level of genuine interest and excitement in the cars - even when they didn't move - just adds to the frustration over where the series is right now.

I'll try and work out how to get the pics up somewhere soon!

Skid

PitMarshal
21st July 2008, 12:49
It's good that there is potential new interest in the cars, but I'm afraid that the poor showing was the last straw for me as far as the V8's are concerned.

I'm going to assume that the cars not turning a wheel in anger was a Farnborough decision, and the numbers may be linked to Skids other rant, but that's something I can't comment on. The fact is that there initially going to be, and I quote' "up to a dozen" cars. This then got downgraded to six, and the grand total of three turned up.

Sorry guys, but much as I want the V8's to survive, I can't and won't support a race series that consistently promises but can't deliver.

LessThanSte
21st July 2008, 14:21
Ive uploaded my photos from the weekend to Facebook, no car shots though, sadly :(

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=204497&l=3e36a&id=223405444

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=204507&l=49128&id=223405444

Enjoy

madphotog
21st July 2008, 17:41
In response to Pit Marshall, I'm afraid there wouldn't have been too much point having the 31 car there as we have engine issues which need addressing following the last race at Brands Hatch... as everyone is saying the roarof the engines doesn't half turn heads... dont think ours would have done I'm afraid... might have sprayed a few people close by though.

However, we (thats not me as I know nothing about engines) are working hard to resolve the problems and are lloking forward to our next Sunady outing!

MADMAN

Tractorboy.
21st July 2008, 18:02
I'll have a load of pics of the weekend on facebook group soon. Heres a teaser!!

The Pits!
22nd July 2008, 18:55
whats with all this "Facebook group" lark :( - why not just post them into a normal photo-album website for Everyone on the tinterweb to enjoy

Gasman#99
22nd July 2008, 19:35
whats with all this "Facebook group" lark :( - why not just post them into a normal photo-album website for Everyone on the tinterweb to enjoyhere here i agree

Tony Hurdle
22nd July 2008, 22:49
To give a reply to Pit Marshal's thoughts posted earlier. The Farnborough event was a great weekend for everyone involved. Over the course of the weekend, nearly 200,000 people attended the show with all of those who couldn't go to the cancelled Fairford event being allowed in as well.

To say the cars were very well received would be way short of the mark. Any time one was fired up it stopped people in their tracks and had them crowding round for a look and to learn more about them and where they could be seen. I lost count of how many kids sat in the cars over the weekend.

As for numbers, yes it would have been great to have more cars but whether it was 3,33 or 333, it was all about PR and I believe it was mission accomplished. It was frankly unbelieveable the number of people who had never heard of Rockingham, ASCAR/SCSA etc or any other racing that goes on there. It makes you wonder who did the original market research back in the beginning. It looks like they got it totally wrong and should have spent more money on the marketing and promotion rather than give it to teams and drivers. Of course I could be wrong and would be happy to be put right. A lot of people from London are thinking about the Brands round. I had several looking at Snetterton and even some who asked if we were going to Wales and were really happy about the Pembury round.

We weren't able to give the cars a run because of the dreaded health and safety!!!! It was too far from where we were to the runway and would have meant driving through the crowds. The same applied to the pit stops we planned to do. There was a concern over errant wheel nuts flying into those watching. I even had to provide proof that the jelly bean sweets I give away had a warning on them for anyone with a nut allergy!!!!!!!!!

On a far more positive note, I had discussions with several people and companies about sponsorship. There were also a few drivers who are fed up with their current rides and are interested in further investigation into the series. Of course all of this could go nowhere but if any one of them comes off, it's one more than we had at the start and would mean the effort was worth while. That's why my car is also on display now at the London Motor Show on the BEN charity stand because you just never know who might be passing by and want to get involved. If you don't put it out there no-one will grab it.

All the best.

Tony

Tractorboy.
24th July 2008, 17:35
whats with all this "Facebook group" lark :( - why not just post them into a normal photo-album website for Everyone on the tinterweb to enjoy

We've been through this before. Facebook is easy to put pictures on loads of people go on there its the in thing to do now!!, we have a nice Revolution Group on there its up to you if you wanna look at them or not! And Bremner you haven't got nothing to do for a few weeks so it don't hurt taking five minutes to have a look at the pics!!!!!

Tractorboy.
24th July 2008, 17:36
And its free to.

Chigley
24th July 2008, 19:39
We've been through this before. Facebook is easy to put pictures on loads of people go on there its the in thing to do now!!, we have a nice Revolution Group on there its up to you if you wanna look at them or not! And Bremner you haven't got nothing to do for a few weeks so it don't hurt taking five minutes to have a look at the pics!!!!!

Personally I thought the V8's needed all the marketing and exposure they could muster without having potentially good PR material restricted to a site that requires a log in (free or not). For those who don't wish to be exposed to "the in thing" or have been there, seen it and binned it, but could still have an interest in the V8's and wish to see what happened and be inspired to continue there support; may just decide that if the V8's can't be bothered to promote themselves why should anyone bother continuing there interest.

Personally my interest in the V8's has wanned dramatically and the Facebook thing just makes me switch off more, rather than having my interest rekindled.

Believe it or not there is more to life than Facebook and not everyone wants to be involved with "the in thing".

:(

LessThanSte
24th July 2008, 20:42
Well, actually, all of the albums that a person uploads have the option to be viewable to anyone, member of facebook or not (as with my pictures above!)

Given that they have to be added to a persons album first before being added to a group, then these links should be available!

Tiesse
25th July 2008, 06:00
Believe it or not there is more to life than Facebook and not everyone wants to be involved with "the in thing".

Firstly, if LessThanSte wants to put their own photos on their Facebook site, that is up to them. The fact that they have decided to be generous enough to post links to the albums to share with the rest of us should be applauded, regardless of where they are posted.

Secondly, whilst it is not everyone's cup of tea, does it really hurt to have the facebook group. Any publicity is good publicity & with it being the 'in thing' at the moment, it makes sense to try & exploit it.

Granted, I have a Facebook account, but I only log into that now & again. I created mine out of curiosity & frankly, I do have better things to do a lot of the time, however I wouldn't bemoan somebody creating a group (of which I am a member incidently) that gives any publicity, albeit in a small way.

Tractorboy.
25th July 2008, 16:18
Personally I thought the V8's needed all the marketing and exposure they could muster without having potentially good PR material restricted to a site that requires a log in (free or not). For those who don't wish to be exposed to "the in thing" or have been there, seen it and binned it, but could still have an interest in the V8's and wish to see what happened and be inspired to continue there support; may just decide that if the V8's can't be bothered to promote themselves why should anyone bother continuing there interest.

Personally my interest in the V8's has wanned dramatically and the Facebook thing just makes me switch off more, rather than having my interest rekindled.

Are you not on facebook then??? I'm not having a dig i'm thought you was on there.

Trust me i know theres more to life than facebook and i know not everyone wants to be involved with it, i am not forcing anyone to do so Its just a group its not official or nothing its just me taking a few pictures of where we go and putting them on there. It doesn't take long at all to log in and have a look at the pics. I dont know how to put pics and videos on the proper Revolution Racing site or i would do. i'm not a computer whizz kid and i struggle with things like that. Its just easy for me to put the photos and some videos on facebook it takes a few minutes to put nearly 30 pics on. I'll be taking aload more this weekend of a local show of mine sat and when we go down to see the other car at Motorsport show sunday. I'm only trying to put some stuff on our group so people that are interested can have look and a chat about it to.

Tractor.

Yung
25th July 2008, 21:02
I had several looking at Snetterton and even some who asked if we were going to Wales and were really happy about the Pembury round.

Is it really that hard to spell Pembrey correctly?!? lol

As for photos......... when I have time, i'll be uploading them onto my MSN space. Its just easier to upload there than Facebook. I'll be uploading some on Facebook too cause most of my friends go on Facebook more than MSN. But busy this weekend as i'm off to Donnnnnnnnnnnnnnington with the pickups. And before anyone says...... I know how to spell Donington correctly. :D

corbygal
2nd August 2008, 17:43
I've got some uploaded now, might upload more when I have the time. They're mostly of the show, but there's 2 with the cars.

http://s209.photobucket.com/albums/bb171/weebitproductions/Farnborough%20Air%20Show%202008/