PDA

View Full Version : Danica - Power stearing = Scrub

MDS
20th July 2008, 21:13
Remeber last year when she was testing that secretive power stearing at Mid-Ohio and she started second and finished 5th? This year she has her weight advantage mitigated and power stearing taken away and she doesn't ever crack the top 10. Anyone else see a connection there?

I know the field is a lot stiffer now, but she was below average all weekend and I have to think that's a true showing of her road course talent.

I also think the announcers were remiss in not pointing that out.

fugariracing
20th July 2008, 21:24
The variable steering rack has been implemented on all cars for the road and street course events this year, so no-one has any advantages.

But agreed, she has not had the pace on the roadies this year both in comparison to last year and to all of her teammates. Admittedly none of the AGR cars was great this weekend but she has been consistently down the second half of the grid.

It's why she is frustrated and upset with the couple ovals rumored to be dropped as now she has fell into also-ran status. At least the TV coverage wasn't all Danica all the time as it often is.

Jag_Warrior
20th July 2008, 21:28
And point out that the eggs from the golden goose are really made of fool's gold?! Never!

Hoop-98
20th July 2008, 23:01
There has been no power steering, much less stearing in use by Indy Car drivers in recent history. Not sure if there ever was, maybe in the Novi days, but i don't think so.

rh

FORMULA-A
21st July 2008, 00:14
Remeber last year when she was testing that secretive power stearing at Mid-Ohio and she started second and finished 5th? This year she has her weight advantage mitigated and power stearing taken away and she doesn't ever crack the top 10. Anyone else see a connection there?

I know the field is a lot stiffer now, but she was below average all weekend and I have to think that's a true showing of her road course talent.

I also think the announcers were remiss in not pointing that out.

Great point and they never do. At the end of the race she was blocking the heck out of Justin and the absolutely HORRENDOUS DUMBUS DUO (Reid and Goodyear) just would say NOTHING and that reminded me of her doing the same thing to JUSTIN at ST PETE. Once again NOTHING from the TV folk. Then as ICING on my ANTI-DANICA cake i saw the MILKA MELE AT MID OHIO tape. HARRRRR PUH LEEEEZE. YOU LEAVE MY PIT... WACK

jimispeed
21st July 2008, 01:10
Great point and they never do. At the end of the race she was blocking the heck out of Justin and the absolutely HORRENDOUS DUMBUS DUO (Reid and Goodyear) just would say NOTHING and that reminded me of her doing the same thing to JUSTIN at ST PETE. Once again NOTHING from the TV folk. Then as ICING on my ANTI-DANICA cake i saw the MILKA MELE AT MID OHIO tape. HARRRRR PUH LEEEEZE. YOU LEAVE MY PIT... WACK

Ya know, I was thinking the same thing!!

Where is Tony Cotman when you need him?!!

Hoop-98
21st July 2008, 01:17
Ya know, I was thinking the same thing!!

Where is Tony Cotman when you need him?!!

Working at the circus :)

NickFalzone
21st July 2008, 01:40
Is Cotman not at the races? He is working for TG now, not sure what capacity.

jackmart
21st July 2008, 02:09
I felt bad for Justin but he finally got around her. With the roads courses I don't know if she was blocking beause it seems so hart to find room to pass, I don't think she was trying to hold him up. I did notice the comentators didn't say she was blocking but wouldn't they have given her a warning if she truly was blocking?

21st July 2008, 08:13
I agreed in building person's viewpoint, Maple Story Mesos (http://www.cheapmesos.com) thought your viewpoint is very novel, wow gold (http://www.wowgold.ws) also said that your idea has the value very much,thanks!

MAX_THRUST
21st July 2008, 13:12
Sounds like Danica needs another semi naked Photo shoot again..........

Shifter
21st July 2008, 14:21
Sounds like Danica needs another semi naked Photo shoot again..........

Not like that's a bad thing...

beachbum
21st July 2008, 14:39
I felt bad for Justin but he finally got around her. With the roads courses I don't know if she was blocking beause it seems so hart to find room to pass, I don't think she was trying to hold him up. I did notice the comentators didn't say she was blocking but wouldn't they have given her a warning if she truly was blocking?Since nothing was every said or shown, the question of blocking is unresolved. However, she did speed up almost a second a lap as he came up behind her, lost over 2 seconds on the lap when he passed, and was off the pace after that. I suspect she was "moved" out of the way. Justin was about 1 second a lap faster after passing.

As for a warning, you are kidding right? Part of a drivers job is to not be easy to pass, and Danica has a tendency to wander around on different lines, so how could you tell if she was blocking? Since nothing was reported, does that mean no warning was given? The TV crew (particularly Goodyear), almost never says anything negative about the princess. She was certainly holding him up, but he wasn't going to catch the next car anyway.

jackmart
21st July 2008, 16:07
Since nothing was every said or shown, the question of blocking is unresolved. However, she did speed up almost a second a lap as he came up behind her, lost over 2 seconds on the lap when he passed, and was off the pace after that. I suspect she was "moved" out of the way. Justin was about 1 second a lap faster after passing.

As for a warning, you are kidding right? Part of a drivers job is to not be easy to pass, and Danica has a tendency to wander around on different lines, so how could you tell if she was blocking? Since nothing was reported, does that mean no warning was given? The TV crew (particularly Goodyear), almost never says anything negative about the princess. She was certainly holding him up, but he wasn't going to catch the next car anyway.

It is hard to tell if someone is block on the roads courses. Last week it was pretty obvious that Helio was blocking Danica when she tried to make her move.

As for another naked photo shoot. I hope not, I seriusly might have to drop her all together if she ever did playboy. There was an interview with Briscoe and they asked he saw her swimsuit issue and he was like yeah, she's got talent. That just seems so creepy to me, I really wish she wouldn't sell herself out like that. I really wish she would realize how those shoots are not tasteful, she can do high fashion shoots and be classy and clothed and beautiful!

They did spend time talk about it though. They made it seem like her car was faster out of the big turns and that was the only real chance to pass her. I haven't been watching that long but I find it hard to believe they would talk about the issue and neglect the fact that she has been warned to not block.

Jag_Warrior
22nd July 2008, 02:45
The variable steering rack has been implemented on all cars for the road and street course events this year, so no-one has any advantages.

But agreed, she has not had the pace on the roadies this year both in comparison to last year and to all of her teammates. Admittedly none of the AGR cars was great this weekend but she has been consistently down the second half of the grid.

It's why she is frustrated and upset with the couple ovals rumored to be dropped as now she has fell into also-ran status. At least the TV coverage wasn't all Danica all the time as it often is.

What I found strange about that device is that it was apparently allowed per the IRL rules anyway. But with the IRL not being a (truly) spec series, I couldn't understand why the League itself was apparently involved in the testing of the device... and during a race at that. If AGR developed it, AGR could have tested it. But why was the series involved, and why during a race? Especially since Danica was one of the chosen few, that just added to rumors and speculation of spinner engines and favoritism. True or not, it didn't look good.

DavePI2
22nd July 2008, 23:42
I don't know if she was blocking. What I do know is that when justin passed her everyone in grandstand 2 was cheering. I even heard a few bye b****'s being said from the fans who enjoy watching the talents of real racers like wilson instead of media creations.

david

thelurker
23rd July 2008, 00:43
You guys do know that TK won at Belle Isle last year with the "power steering". But hey, what are facts for.

Hoop-98
23rd July 2008, 02:46
You guys do know that TK won at Belle Isle last year with the "power steering". But hey, what are facts for.

like the fact there was no power steering lol

MDS
23rd July 2008, 12:40

Uh, TK won Belle Isle because almost everyone else crashed. I think something like six cars crossed the finish line?

Wilf
24th July 2008, 05:20
What I found strange about that device is that it was apparently allowed per the IRL rules anyway. But with the IRL not being a (truly) spec series, I couldn't understand why the League itself was apparently involved in the testing of the device... and during a race at that. If AGR developed it, AGR could have tested it. But why was the series involved, and why during a race? Especially since Danica was one of the chosen few, that just added to rumors and speculation of spinner engines and favoritism. True or not, it didn't look good.

The device was tested at a test session at MidOhio, not during a race. Like most sanctioning bodies, they were intersted in the safety aspect of the variable ratio rack and pinion steering sytem. It was approved after the test and made available for testing by all teams for the Infinion race. The rack was approved for use by all teams this season. Does it not make sense for a sanctioning body to test such a critical component in a practice session and then run a test in racing conditions before.

The interesting part about it is that it was first developed by Panther and then AGR joined in in the project; not the way most people believed. The following is from the Indianapolis 500 Daily Trackside Report for May 16, 2008

"Development of the variable ratio rack-and-pinion steering system for the IndyCar Series started in 2007 with Panther Racing, and Andretti Green Racing also joined in development with Panther and the Indy Racing League last year. The technology became available to all IndyCar Series teams this season.

Bishop Steering Technology's variable ratio rack-and-pinion steering, new to the 92nd Indianapolis 500, received the 42nd annual BorgWarner Louis Schwitzer Award today at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

The variable ratio rack-and-pinion steering technology developed by Bishop offers a number of driver performance benefits, including reduced fatigue through improved ease in steering, more efficient pit entry and exit, and improved maneuverability for hazard avoidance."

I hope this sheds some light on the belief that Danica had been given special tools with which to race.

Jag_Warrior
27th July 2008, 02:39
I hope this sheds some light on the belief that Danica had been given special tools with which to race.

It does.

Thanks.

CARTDM15
27th July 2008, 17:40
Is it just me or do they never show Danica getting passed?They followed the Danica /Justin battle for several laps but never mention that Justin got by and put two second on her in two laps,

NickFalzone
27th July 2008, 17:55
They rarely show anyone getting passed. In fact I'm not sure what I was watching on ESPN yesterday but it sure wasn't the racing going on at Edmonton.