PDA

View Full Version : Official S2000 thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

A.F.F.
6th December 2006, 15:13
Let's gather all info conserning upcoming S2000 under this thread. It should be easier to keep up with them.

M5
7th December 2006, 21:30
So far we have cars from:
Fiat
Peugeot
Toyota
VW

Maybe from:
Ford
Honda
Skoda

Dacia and Lada, are they continuing the projects, or are they dead ?

Anyone else ?

J4MIE
7th December 2006, 21:57
I have to say, I've never been convinced about S2000, and for the first two legs in Wales I was totally disappointed as it looked pretty terrible and didn't sound too good either.

However, on SS16 and the last time I saw it, it looked and sounded awesome :D Alister was very comitted and if they all go like that, then I'm all for it! :up: Much better than group N cars.

A.F.F.
7th December 2006, 23:38
I have to say that Toyota's S2000 look lik a mom's car comparing to other S2000 projects. But the sound I bet was excellent :D

JAMESWRC
8th December 2006, 09:12
I was impressed by the S2000 toyota at weekend certainly sounded alot better then the group N it would be good to see manufacturers supporting it and get some close competition going.

Jaanus
8th December 2006, 10:06
As many of you might know I am not a fan of s2000 and I will tell you why.
I agree that WRC cars have become very expencive and it would be a good idea to replace them in the long run with a cheaper formula. But it must have a turbo charged 2000 engine or atleast 2500 NA engine.
s2000 is just too slow for the price, it is hardly faster than a group N car on gravel and even if it is slighly faster, then surely it does not justify the price gap of 100 000 euros, between group N and s2000.
Also s2000 does not have enough torgue for 4WD system, it should be RWD - lighter, more spectacular and probably as fast as it currently is, atleast on tarmac.

StevoEvo
8th December 2006, 10:16
Why not intoduce an S3000 class, that will sort the torque issue out and drasticlly inprove the sound.. ie remember the whail of the 6R4? We'll have the popping banging WRC cars and the roaring N/A 3000's, nice variation to wet everybodies pallet lol :D

Woodeye
8th December 2006, 10:26
I agree that WRC cars have become very expencive and it would be a good idea to replace them in the long run with a cheaper formula. But it must have a turbo charged 2000 engine or atleast 2500 NA engine.
s2000 is just too slow for the price, it is hardly faster than a group N car on gravel and even if it is slighly faster, then surely it does not justify the price gap of 100 000 euros, between group N and s2000.
Also s2000 does not have enough torgue for 4WD system, it should be RWD - lighter, more spectacular and probably as fast as it currently is, atleast on tarmac.

I second this totally! :up:

S2000 cannot ever replace WRC-cars. That is the fact. If S2000 can replace or it has to replace one class it should be considered to be N-group. But ok, if S2000 is just one group more, then it's more than welcome.

But please folks, don't even consider replasing WRC -cars with S2000. That's just stupid.

Tom206wrc
8th December 2006, 10:32
Sorry to tell that, but S2000 are faster than GrN and S1600 on TARMAC :rolleyes:

And remember IRC 2007 will be mostly run on tarmac(by more than half of the championship)...

Woodeye
8th December 2006, 10:34
Sorry to tell that, but S2000 are faster than GrN and S1600 on TARMAC :rolleyes:

And remember IRC 2007 will be mostly run on tarmac(by more than half of the championship)...

And WRC is a way faster in TARMAC than S2000. :D

Tom206wrc
8th December 2006, 10:39
We cannot compare them Woodeye !! :mark:

StevoEvo
8th December 2006, 11:29
The day WRC or any 4x4 turbocharged cars for that matter are banned or replaced by a S2000(family saloon/hatchback with a roll cage), is the day i will turn my back on the WRC, as will I'm sure many others will.
I live for the speed, loud noise and exitement in the WRC.

Brother John
8th December 2006, 11:46
The day WRC or any 4x4 turbocharged cars for that matter are banned or replaced by a S2000(family saloon/hatchback with a roll cage), is the day i will turn my back on the WRC, as will I'm sure many others will.

Exitement in the WRC? Where have you seen that last 2 years?
On EUROSPORT or on WRC. com maybe? :lol:

AndyRAC
8th December 2006, 11:48

While I tend to agree with you, we can't go on with the current WRCars, just too expensive for privateers to run and for new manufacrurers to join in. As I've said before on other threads, what we want are relatively cheap, loud and spectacular cars. Not sure about the Toyota, but the Peugeot gets my vote, though imagine it with a 2.5/3L engine.

grugsticles
8th December 2006, 12:02

On the topic of torque, I think that they should have gone for a 2.5NA with a 6k rev limit or so. That way there is more torque available to the driver. Thats why I prefer Group N over S2000, the drivability of the cars. For me the cost differance isnt really a huge issue.
As for RWD, hmm... nah. In current terms of top level rallying RWD isnt an option. Looking at Ford Australias attempts a RWD Focus for last season, they stage times were similar to the slow privateer Group N entries... not great at all. It wasnt all that spectacular either as the driver was under the pressure to keep the grip rather than hang the rear end out.

In all, I like the idea of S2000. Sure it has its bugs, but you cant please everyone.

A.F.F.
8th December 2006, 12:05
With the logic of FIA, who are you to judge which way they are heading, really? I think they (FIA) are keeping many options open, just to see what appeals to manufacturers the most.

I personally wouldn't mind S2000 taking over WRC and most certainly wouldn't turn my back on rallying. Then I might just stop following national events and national junior events too. :down:

But I can easily understand some members don't approve S2000 formula as it is now.

IMO the ideal would be the continuing of WRC with fewer rallyes ( 12 ) and S2000 as a replacement to current PWRC and JWRC. Or JWRC to be more precise.

Jarek Z
8th December 2006, 12:06

Very good post, Brother! I myself was thinking what to reply to Steve, but I couldn't have made it better!

To all the defenders of WRC: open your eyes! Can't you see this class is dying?

How many factory teams are still in WRC? Three? There are already more S2000 cars in the first year of existence of this class! Fiat, Peugeot, VW, Toyota, Ford is coming, Skoda is coming... Can't you see?

AndyRAC
8th December 2006, 12:11
Very good post, Brother! I myself was thinking what to reply to Steve, but I couldn't have made it better!

To all the defenders of WRC: open your eyes? Can't you see this class is dying?

How many factory teams are still in WRC? Three? There are already more S2000 cars in the first year of existence of this class! Fiat, Peugeot, VW, Toyota, Ford is coming, Skoda is coming... Can't you see?

If WRCars were that attractive then we'd have loads of manufacturers joining WRC. There aren't any, so I think we can say that the WRC formulae is on its last legs, unless there is a sudden change and the expensive technology is banned. To be honest I'm not sure about S2000, but anything that looks popular with the manufacturers is worth a go.

StevoEvo
8th December 2006, 12:28

I was refering to the exitement of a WRC car passing on full chat Brother John, not the Championship lol, fuk all exiting about that! Aint been for years as we all know!!!!!!

grugsticles
8th December 2006, 12:34
If WRCars were that attractive then we'd have loads of manufacturers joining WRC. There aren't any, so I think we can say that the WRC formulae is on its last legs, unless there is a sudden change and the expensive technology is banned. To be honest I'm not sure about S2000, but anything that looks popular with the manufacturers is worth a go.

Perhaps the FIA might considder a new formular for WRCar forumla replacement. Perhaps, take a S2000 car, allow a few more suspension mdifications, up rev limit (if possible), add turbo charger or increase engine displacement. Whatever, just keep the costin down to keep those manufactures interested.

StevoEvo
8th December 2006, 12:43
God, things have become soooo complicated. remember the simple days of Grp A, Grp N and F2 etc

JAMESWRC
8th December 2006, 13:00
Personally if S2000 could get lots of manufacturer interest say 7 manufacturers all running 3 cars over 12 rounds then that would be brilliant. I know WRC cars are exciting but then im sure Solberg, Gronholm and Galli could make an S2000 car very exciting on full chat. If it meant that the competition was back in the WRC like every round not knowing who is going to win before it starts and drivers fighting over seconds then it would get my vote to replace the current WRC format which has had a reletively uneventfull last few years.

Jaanus
9th December 2006, 11:19
I was just reading the PWRC rules for next year and guess what?

"In order to maximise equality of performance between the Group N and S2000 cars, the WRC Commission or its delegated representative(s)
reserve the right to adjust the weight, restrictor size, maximum engine revolutions and/or maximum tyre width for each competitor at any
time during the Championship."

It seems that s2000 will never be faster than group N , atleast not in PWRC.
http://www.fia.com/resources/documents/753401530__ProdWRC_regs.pdf

Tom206wrc
9th December 2006, 21:13
It seems polish driver Maciej Lubiak will run in a Fiat Grande Punto S2000 next year !! :eek:

Can someone translate the article on top of page on http://www.autoklub.pl ???

jonas_mcrae
9th December 2006, 21:44

"In order to maximise equality of performance between the Group N and S2000 cars, the WRC Commission or its delegated representative(s)
reserve the right to adjust the weight, restrictor size, maximum engine revolutions and/or maximum tyre width for each competitor at any

Sh(i)t thats why everyone hates FIA

Lousada
9th December 2006, 22:53

Does this mean they can decide for every individual or just the general difference between S2000 and PWRC?

eloyf1
9th December 2006, 23:05
Tuohino and Solá will drive the IRC and some other rallyes with the Corolla

1LM1
10th December 2006, 10:35
Does this mean they can decide for every individual or just the general difference between S2000 and PWRC?

I hope it's not different individual decisions for each competitor. And if unfortunately it is, it has to stay a strict exception in the rallying world.

By strict exception, I mean that wrc doesn't need a wtcc like weight handicap system! We have to keep allowing a constructeur to dominate when we speek about a prestigious world championship.

Moreover, it's impossible to equalize the performance between two rally cars when one is with turbo (lots of torque at low and medium revs) and one is without turbo. The performance level of two such different cars will depend on the surface (snow? gravel? asphalt?), the weather (mud or not mud?), the type of roads (fast? twisty?). Rallying is not circuit racing!

It's even more complicated in rallying.

So I really think the idea to equalize the performance level between Super 2000 cars and top Group N cars i very bad.

I think that the fia put this system in place in order to protect the business of Subaru and Mitsubishi because with super 2000 category, they can't sell Group N products anymore. So we can understand the position of the fia on this issue, but I think it's bad. :(

Tom206wrc
10th December 2006, 11:53
It seems polish driver Maciej Lubiak will run in a Fiat Grande Punto S2000 next year !! :eek:

Can someone translate the article on top of page on http://www.autoklub.pl ???

On the same site above, there's another article mentionning the VW Polo S2000 and Gregorz Grzyb... :eek:

PJRevs
10th December 2006, 16:05
And nobody to translate!

StevoEvo
10th December 2006, 18:47

Sounds very unfair on an individual driver who is faster than the rest, to be restricted with a weight ballast or lower boost, revs etc...
Seems similar to the touring car rules of weight ballast, to bring performance of every car/driver nearly indentical for close racing.
How is a driver meant to stand out?

Norwegian Blue
10th December 2006, 20:01
This is a little OT, but can somone explain to me what ahppened when WRC replaced Gp A? And why Mitsubishi took so long to change! I got the idea they were forced in the end. COuld a GpA car still win the WRC?

Rally Hokkaido
11th December 2006, 00:10
This is a little OT, but can somone explain to me what ahppened when WRC replaced Gp A? And why Mitsubishi took so long to change! I got the idea they were forced in the end. COuld a GpA car still win the WRC?

Well,it's a little off topic, but I'll give it a go.
Basically, WRCars are Gp A cars with extra freedoms allowed. The original car model must be homologated (exist in verifiable numbers) as GpA or GpN but the two most importatnt freedoms are 1/ that the engine can be from a different model of the manufacturer and turbocharging of a non-turbo engine is permitted, and 2/ that four wheel drive systems could be fitted to a non-four wheel drive model. These rules were enacted so that manufacturers without a 4WD turbo production model could enter the WRC (Peugeot, Ford, Citroen & Skoda). Ok, the Fabia is a production turbo car, but it's a diesel engine!
Obviously, Mitsu (and Subaru) had these production models in their production range, so didn't have to rush in to designing a WRCar. What 'forced' them to do so were all the other freedoms eventually granted to WRCars - radiator & suspension pick-up points re-positioning, active centre diffs, etc, etc

Norwegian Blue
11th December 2006, 17:56
Ahh. Thanks very much!

JAM
12th December 2006, 11:32
Very interesting article:

http://www.rallye-info.com/article.asp?stid=5817

animrallye
12th December 2006, 12:50
Thanks JAM :up:

shurik
12th December 2006, 13:14
Nice article you've found, Jam, thank you. And I liked the point on leaving the turbo instead 4x4, sounds nice.

JAM
12th December 2006, 13:52
I pu that link, mainly because is a very liong and very well structured article. That man has a good vision of rallying and have the baggageg of many years follwing rallyes, wich give him a background that a lot of people don't have by seing rallying when, without internet and media coverage like now, was a trully interesting and challenging sport.

On that article i see passion and good sense, wich is rare on these days. I don't agree totally with him, but agree the majority of point of views.

Let's see if IRC don'r show who things must be done. :D

Simmi
12th December 2006, 14:31
I think it is the type of person like Chris that should be making the decisions in the FIA. I would rather see the WRC get itself sorted then any rival series but if the IRC becomes a success then hopefully it will ruffle feathers and cause changes to be made.

What he says about the clover leaf system being a waste is completely correct and I'd love to see a few more stages each day rather then breaking up the flow of rallying. It probably deserves its own thread does that great article.

AndyRAC
12th December 2006, 15:26
I think it is the type of person like Chris that should be making the decisions in the FIA. I would rather see the WRC get itself sorted then any rival series but if the IRC becomes a success then hopefully it will ruffle feathers and cause changes to be made.

What he says about the clover leaf system being a waste is completely correct and I'd love to see a few more stages each day rather then breaking up the flow of rallying. It probably deserves its own thread does that great article.

I have to agree with that article, if you haven't read it, then DO!!
Again I agree that if the FIA aren't going to fix the WRC, then the IRC deserves to succeed; as it appears to be how the WRC used to/should be.
A variety of different events each with a different challenge, a good mix of gravel, tarmac, snow, possibly mixed surface events over a graeter variety of stages and mileages.
I would agree with the ponts about the 'clover-leaf' style event, its just wasted road mileage, hopefully the remote service will rectify this, but I wouldn't be so sure.
Please again, read this one of the best articles I've read on Rallying for a long time.

Brother John
13th December 2006, 08:06
The Renault Clio of the team stand for sale now!
Maybe go them further in JWRC with a new model from Renault.
According to this reported there is a chance that Patrik Sandell will drive S2000 in in 2007.
Rumours say that Renault want to get in S2000.
Already a car would have been ready since some time.
The car with the workname "Dacia Logan" would be now ready for competition.
http://www.emotorsport.se/nyheter.php?id=903

Tom206wrc
13th December 2006, 08:28
I don't think in 2007 any Renault model will exist in S2000 :mark:

Brother John
13th December 2006, 09:04
I don't think in 2007 any Renault model will exist in S2000 :mark:

Maybe Renault have been keep it well secret and they have in the next days a surprise! ;)

Tom206wrc
13th December 2006, 09:53
Let's hope ;)

HaCo
13th December 2006, 10:53
He could as well start with an Clio R3 and then change to S2000 in 2008?

HaCo
13th December 2006, 10:54

That's a very intersting article, in a lot of points he is right I think. I just hope some dude of the FIA reads it and sees a way ahead for the future in it... and I also hope IRC will be as good as he describes!!!

eppel
13th December 2006, 12:19
From what I have heard, Sandell will drive a Clio R3 next year!

JAM
13th December 2006, 14:48
I just hope some dude of the FIA reads it and sees a way ahead for the future in it... !

Keep dreaming... :D

A.F.F.
13th December 2006, 21:19
That is a good article and I'm pretty sure that someone from FIA will read it. Shall they do anything to copy it in the future is a whole other thing...

Tomi
13th December 2006, 21:29
not bad, hyvä Risto Majava

Maui J.
13th December 2006, 22:26
Good article Chris B.

Here's my prediction on the IRC. It will become very popular with manufacturers and spectators alike. The manufacturers will love it due to the big responses they get from markets such as China and Russia.
After a few seaons he FIA will realise that the IRC is infact the potential nail in the coffin for WRC. They will pull the plug on it. A new thinking of the WRC will begin. Russia and China will be included on the WRC calender and 'small population' events like New Zealand (...and Ireland, and Norway) will get the axe.

PLuto
13th December 2006, 23:16
Renault was preparing WRC car, but stopped it years ago. He isnt preparing S2000 car, next year he will start with clio r3.

PLuto
13th December 2006, 23:17
Good article Chris B.

Here's my prediction on the IRC. It will become very popular with manufacturers and spectators alike. The manufacturers will love it due to the big responses they get from markets such as China and Russia.
After a few seaons he FIA will realise that the IRC is infact the potential nail in the coffin for WRC. They will pull the plug on it. A new thinking of the WRC will begin. Russia and China will be included on the WRC calender and 'small population' events like New Zealand (...and Ireland, and Norway) will get the axe.

You are right with this predictions. But FIA knows the strength of IRC and counts with it in future plans...

Tom206wrc
14th December 2006, 09:35
I rewrite here the rumour I've read on another forum today: OMV and Manfred Stohl could run next year in IRC with a 207 S2000 :eek:

That would be fun a 207 in OMV livery :p :

giangino
14th December 2006, 09:39
Photos test Fiat Punto S2000 - Grifone - Corrado Fontana - Billy Casazza ;)
http://www.avetowrc.com/Index/Index2.htm

WRC1
14th December 2006, 10:17
I rewrite here the rumour I've read on another forum today: OMV and Manfred Stohl could run next year in IRC with a 207 S2000 :eek:

That would be fun a 207 in OMV livery :p :

that would be the biggest dissapointment since years!!!!

i really hope and pray that this rumour will stay a rumour...maybe in a few years it make sence to drive s2000 but not now.

manfred is one of the top 10 drivers out there, he deserves a wrc.

Tom206wrc
14th December 2006, 11:14
But therefore S2000 would be a very exciting new challenge for Manfred and Ilka... :confused:

LP
14th December 2006, 13:26
Photos test Fiat Punto S2000 - Grifone - Corrado Fontana - Billy Casazza ;)
http://www.avetowrc.com/Index/Index2.htm

Grifone will run Punto S2000 in Italian Championship parallel to Fiat factory team? or will they participate in otner championships, like ERc or IRC?

PLuto
14th December 2006, 14:03
Grifone will run Punto S2000 in Italian Championship parallel to Fiat factory team? or will they participate in otner championships, like ERc or IRC?

Primary in italian championship, same as Procar. And maybe rent cars to other championships...

Sulland
15th December 2006, 18:51
http://www.a5.hu/video/logans2000.wmv

This is a known movie that is old. Some even say it is a S1600 engine, anyone that knows if this project died or is still alive ?

In my opinion a S2000 rallycar would be a perfect way of introducing Dacia into new markets !!
Motorsport is exellent marketing.

They have a racing class in Germany based on Logan - price of a new car 9900€
http://www.adac-logan-cup.de/

A.F.F.
20th December 2006, 01:29
Dacia could use the publicity rallying offers. I might do wonders. I mean, it didn't do bad for SEAT, Skoda and Subaru either ;)

GigiGalliNo1
20th December 2006, 02:05

Excellent article!

HaCo
20th December 2006, 19:07
Dacia could use the publicity rallying offers. I might do wonders. I mean, it didn't do bad for SEAT, Skoda and Subaru either ;)

LOL, you're right, you should contact their marketing departement :D :D

Tom206wrc
20th December 2006, 22:07
Any more news/translation about this article ??? :confused:

http://www.rallysportnews.se/main.asp?op=display&id=2413

Rally Hokkaido
21st December 2006, 00:34
Here's a link to a story about Neal Bates testing the new Corolla S2000R being
built in Australia

http://www.rallysportmag.com.au/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=861&Itemid=2

Toyotastarlet
21st December 2006, 10:17
Good news from Sweden.

The Swedish Peugeot dealer team will build a 207 S2000 in France first week in January. They are going to test it in Sweden on snow immedeately after that. Then back to France for evaluation and preparations fore race. The car is supposed to be ready to race around late winter. Driver: ??. Test driver:???. Nothing is said about driver.

Donney
21st December 2006, 10:32
The S2000 is looking better and better.

Tom206wrc
21st December 2006, 10:37
According to member 1LM1, Auto-Hebdo magazine reveals that french team BSA(Beuzelin Sport Auto)which made run whales this year in french championship(Nicolas Vouilloz)and Hungary(Janos Toth) has bought three 207 S2000 for next year !!! :up:

So that could mean all the whales of the team(they were 3 or 4) should have been sold then :rolleyes:

HaCo
21st December 2006, 15:06
Sounds great Tom, would they do PWRC or IRC? Hope the last!

Tom206wrc
21st December 2006, 17:37
Perhaps even french championship :confused:
I really hope for IRC too !!!

FrankenSchwinn
21st December 2006, 18:24
i've checked his site, no news, but doesnt bengue have any more connections with BSA? i mean, his skills are what made them what they are now with the 206. i thought they departed on good terms. if it wasnt for the subaru money he could have been french champion for sure. i think he's the best skilled driver in france (martinique not included!) but needs to get his butt in a fast car soon. and i would love for that car to be prepared by BSA.....

Tom206wrc
21st December 2006, 18:40
Nicolas Vouilloz is also BSA driver, and expressed his wish to drive an S2000 car ;)

FrankenSchwinn
21st December 2006, 18:58
i know, but i dont like him. i think he's fast only because he has good equipment. who would drive the other 2 207S2000? are they not allowed in the french championship yet?

Tom206wrc
22nd December 2006, 10:39
The Polish seem to say more things about BSA and the three 207 but I don't understand a single word :s Translation please :confused:

http://www.autoklub.pl/13873,news.html?

Tom206wrc
22nd December 2006, 20:13
According to http://www.ralismadeira.com Manfred Stohl could again run IRC 2007 with a 207 S2000 in addition to his Kronos WRC program next year !!! :eek: :eek:

Madeira
22nd December 2006, 20:37
According to http://www.ralismadeira.com Manfred Stohl could again run IRC 2007 with a 207 S2000 in addition to his Kronos WRC program next year !!! :eek: :eek:

Be careful Tom, as you know I live in Madeira and perhaps the boys of this local website have made a copy/past of this rumour!! :D

Tom206wrc
23rd December 2006, 19:11
Echappement magazine today confirmed that BSA bought three 207 S2000 and that Paverani Compétition(preparator based in Corsica)ordered one too, as several Clio R3... :bounce:

Tom206wrc
24th December 2006, 17:52
Another article in polish about IRC...

http://www.autoklub.pl/13892,news.html?

Tom206wrc
30th December 2006, 20:07
As reported in the european rallies section, Madeira champion Vitor Sà will apparently run his home championship next year with a 207 S2000 !! :)

No IRC for him, then, but Rali Vinho da Madeira is counting for the championship and no doubt Sà will take part to his home event ! ;)

HaCo
2nd January 2007, 14:58
http://www.alistermcrae.com/gallery_vid_walesrally.html

A video of the Corolla S2000 with alister on the wheel. Hope we will see this car in IRC with of course a topdriver like alister!!

Just see that this car is right-handed, mmh...

Tom206wrc
4th January 2007, 17:14
So Jimmy Joge in the 207 S2000 in Swedish rally WRC !!!! Great !!!! :D

GlenW
5th January 2007, 03:47
Does anyone have any links to official sites of the S2000 manufacturers with specs, photos, prices etc?

LP
5th January 2007, 06:52
Does anyone have any links to official sites of the S2000 manufacturers with specs, photos, prices etc?

Toyota
http://www.redworldrally.com/index.php?SectionID=13&SubSection=0&SectionName=TOYOTA

VW
http://www.renegeorges.be/fr/index.asp?lg=2

Tom206wrc
5th January 2007, 12:17
According to http://www.ralismadeira.com Citroën could make also a C2 S2000 !!! :eek:

I've read such rumour nowhere else though... :s

Sulland
5th January 2007, 17:59
Would make more sense to use the C3 or even the C4 for an S2000, C2 would be to small - would it not ?

Tom206wrc
9th January 2007, 10:17
As I wrote in the "national rallies championship" thread in "the European rallies" section, rumours says that Julien Pressac will enter the 2007 french gravel championship with the BSA 207 S2000... :D

Same rumour says that the 2nd BSA 207 S2000 will enter the 2007 swiss rallies championship... ;)

Tom206wrc
11th January 2007, 14:53
Any news about Peugeot Sweden 207 S2000 ??? :confused:

Are there any pics of livery of the car somewhere on internet ??

cal
16th January 2007, 20:25
Tom, here are some pictures of Joge testing the new car on snow. Unfortunately he rolled it later on, but shouldn't be any problem sorting it out.

http://www.wigden.se/photogallery/thumbnails.php?album=70

Tom206wrc
16th January 2007, 21:43
Thanks for the pics Cal :up:

cal
16th January 2007, 21:47
You're welcome :)

Tom206wrc
17th January 2007, 15:33
On another forum I've read that belgian preparator First-Motorsport(who runs Dudu with the Fabia in WRC) would be aiming to buy several 207 S2000... :)

RS
17th January 2007, 16:34
On another forum I've read that belgian preparator First-Motorsport(who runs Dudu with the Fabia in WRC) would be aiming to buy several 207 S2000... :)

They should wait, and buy Fabia S2000s seeing as they have good links with Skoda :)

Good news anyway.

HaCo
17th January 2007, 17:45

Hope they will use it in the belgian championship, or at least at Ypres!!! :D

Tom206wrc
17th January 2007, 18:39
According to Auto-Hebdo today, Peugeot would have already sold twenty 207 S2000 !!! ;)

Would be interesting to know number of sales for the Polo, the Corolla, or the Punto...

A.F.F.
17th January 2007, 18:45
I'm interested to know if Sebastian Lindholm is going to get one?

Koppomsbo
17th January 2007, 19:26
According to Auto-Hebdo today, Peugeot would have already sold twenty 207 S2000 !!! ;)

Would be interesting to know number of sales for the Polo, the Corolla, or the Punto...

Is there possible to get a list where all the S2000 cars are??

Well i´ll start then.

There is one Peugeot 207 S2000 in Sweden ;)

Donney
17th January 2007, 19:33
There are two in Spain to compete in the IRC.

Koppomsbo
17th January 2007, 19:56
Ok

That Makes so far...

Sweden

1 Peugeot 207 Driver Jimmy Joge

Spain

2 Peugeot 207 Drivers??

More..

Donney
17th January 2007, 20:06
As far as I know the Spanish team drivers will be Enrique García Ojeda, and a French driver to be determined.

Tom206wrc
17th January 2007, 20:54
More than six 207 S2000 in France, because Enjolras Sport and BSA both bought three 207, and corsican preparator Pavérani Compétition has bought at least one 207... ;)

But also keep in mind that any of these preparators can rent one or more 207 to any non-french drivers in championships outside France(like BSA did in Hungary for the past years for example) :D

Madeira
17th January 2007, 23:28
Ok

That Makes so far...

Sweden

1 Peugeot 207 Driver Jimmy Joge

Spain

2 Peugeot 207 Drivers??

More..

In Portugal one Peugeot 207 for Bruno Magalhães

In Italy one Peugeot 207 for Luca Rossetti

miksu
18th January 2007, 16:22
Janne Tuohino is thinking a move to S2000. He says he has been testing VW and Toyota, but says its not possible to have a car before March because delays on production. Toyota is the cheapest, but he has been watching other options too. -"Only really big minus is the engine. On low revs it feels like its not going anywhere. Though as a package it feels much more like a race car than group N cars." He's interested in IRC -series.

Also meanwhile Jussi Välimäki says at the moment S2000 is starting to look interesting compared to WRC, where he'd need a program of many rallies.

RS
18th January 2007, 17:08
It would be good to see Janne in the IRC.

He is not the first to say that S2000s are more like proper race cars than Gp N either... You can even tell this watching the cars on the stages. I find Grp N soooo boring to watch, but even though they are not much faster S2000s are a lot more entertaining. Probably partly the engine sound which doesn't just sound like granny driving to the shops with a broken exhaust.

Bruce D
20th January 2007, 13:44
In South Africa the line up for this season should be as follows:

3 confirmed VW Polos for Enzo Kuun (2006 champion), Jan Habig (2005 champion), and Hergen Fekken. These will be works cars. Rumours of private cars for Jon Williams and Japie van Niekerk.

3 confirmed Toyota Corollas (known as RunX's here for marketing reasons) for Serge Damseaux, Etienne Lourens, Jean-Pierre Damseaux and, if rumours are correct, Johnny Gemmell will be the No 2 works car together with Serge, while the other 2 run under the private Team Total banner (works built cars at the beginning of the season which are then looked after by the private team throughout the season). Rumour is that 2006 A7 champion Charl Wilken may be in a works-backed S2000 Corolla as well.

Last I heard there were officially 8 S2000 cars homologated for this season but that was back in October so anything could happen. There were also rumours of a Nissan S2000 being built locally.

Also Fiat have made a few noises about getting 2 Puntos here too. Nobody knows who will drive for them (Gemmell had been the popular choice but now the rumour is strongly putting him in a works Corolla), but IMO if Nicholas Ryan and Richard Behm get overlooked for at least one place in the team then someone needs to get shot! :D

Thats the update from this end of the planet...

Tom206wrc
20th January 2007, 16:08
No 207 for South-african drivers ?? :confused:

alleskids
21st January 2007, 09:39
David Higgens will be the first S200 in Britisch Rally Championship. He will drive a Toyota Corolla S200 from RED Motorsport.

Tom206wrc
21st January 2007, 13:28
Belgian team First Motorsport would aim to by 207 S2000s too... ;)

Bruce D
22nd January 2007, 05:28
No 207 for South-african drivers ?? :confused:

No not at the moment, but given the money some privateers have (Fernando Rueda comes to mind as one) its possible someone will bring one out.

dumb
22nd January 2007, 15:15
i saw one sad thing in world rally in a last years.
WRC very expensive sport but in beginning there was many teams(skoda subaru mitsubishi citroen peugeot toyota hyundai seat...) but fascination went down.and now left just three teams.
S1600 in a firts years of that class there was also many cars( suzuki MG opel VW citroen ford...) and now its just four teams.
so i think s2000 is good thing (cheaper than wrc).but it can be just like WRC

Bruce D
23rd January 2007, 05:40
I think that is the case because of people losing sight of what the class was supposed to be in the first place.

Look at WRC - World Rally Cars were brought in because nobody (except Mitsubishi) could sell all the road cars they needed to build to match the numbers required for homologation. So it would be cheaper for the manufacturers. Now they've allowed all these "homologation specials" like semi-auto gearboxes and traction systems and now the price is more expensive so the manufacturers leave.

In S1600 the original idea was that manufacturers homologated the cars and then the drivers built and ran the cars on their own with no manufacturer support. Now there are "works" S1600 drivers so the whole idea has been thrown out the window. If people stuck to the original idea then you'll probably find things will be ok.

Tom206wrc
23rd January 2007, 09:22
There's an article about the 207 S2000s of the spanish team which will run the IRC with them on El Mundo !! :p :

http://elmundomotor.elmundo.es/elmundomotor/2007/01/17/coches/1169037790.html

Tom206wrc
23rd January 2007, 10:16
French driver Philippe Mermet would have bought a Fiat Grande Punto S2000 and would run a few IRC events with it this year(including rallye du Valais in Switzerland, not far from his home)... ;)

miksu
23rd January 2007, 10:22
French driver Philippe Mermet would have bought a Fiat Grande Punto S2000 and would run a few IRC events with it this year(including rallye du Valais in Switzerland, not far from his home)... ;)

why didnt he buy it then?

Donney
23rd January 2007, 10:31
There's an article about the 207 S2000s of the spanish team which will run the IRC with them on El Mundo !! :p :

http://elmundomotor.elmundo.es/elmundomotor/2007/01/17/coches/1169037790.html

And I could have guessed all that much without even sitting behind the wheel. :dozey:

Tom206wrc
23rd January 2007, 19:11
Apparently Vitor Sà will run the Madeira championship with an S2000 car but seems to hesitate between the 207 and the Punto ;)

http://www.ralismadeira.com/?p=62

HaCo
23rd January 2007, 20:04
Those Super2000 cars sell like hot belgian waffles :D

Bruce D
24th January 2007, 05:33
It was confirmed yesterday in a official press release that Johnny Gemmell will join Serge Damseaux in the works Toyota team running a S2000.

This is the first time since 1993 that Toyota has run 2 works cars in the top class.

Donney
24th January 2007, 11:49
There will be a Punto S2000 doing the spanish championship, I can't remember now who's going to drive it though.

Tom206wrc
24th January 2007, 15:51
There will be a Punto S2000 doing the spanish championship, I can't remember now who's going to drive it though.

Miguel Fuster :confused:

Donney
24th January 2007, 16:58
Yep thanks!!! :up:

raybak
25th January 2007, 07:26
I was having a chat with Neal Bates today and he has just taken delivery of several new shape Corolla shells, he will hopefully have them ready for Rally of Canberra in June.

We also discussed the costs of running a S2000 and the initial build price. From where neal stands he wreckons that the running costs will be a lot cheaper than a Group N car as the cars have purpose parts like hubs and things that will last a lot longer than standard parts. Yes it is dearer to build one or buy one ready built than a Group N but overall if you run it for a few years it will end up cheaper.

He already has one Corolla S2000 that they have been testing and Simon Evans will drive it while Neal runs the older Group n(P) car.

Ray

Tom206wrc
25th January 2007, 10:49
A few news about IRC in polish... :D

http://www.autoklub.pl/14306,news.html?AKSID=b2536c56174092fab87f98d77ecc 06d0

Grant_RSA
26th January 2007, 06:07
Can anyone tell me why the VW's are not more popular, only Freddy Loix seems to have taken any interest.

This is interesting to me as the Polo was dominant over the Toyota in our national championship for most of last year, but the Toyota seems that much more popular.

Could it have something to do with the marketing strategy of RED, and lack of Rene George?

How proven is the 207??? it seems everyone is jumping on the bandwagon with buying them in droves but i am yet to see any results!?

The Fiat also seems to have taken a bit of a back seat, but from what i saw of it in the Zulu rally it was nothing special and was taken apart by the local S2000's

Just my opinion.. comments?

Sulland
26th January 2007, 08:29
I think it has to do with that the Pug 207 is actually build by Peugeot Sport, and that is the only available factory build S2000 that you can actually buy.

I think FIAT made a mistake not selling the GP S2000 to anyone who want to buy one.

But it is still early days of this class, and we will se a different pattern depending on the results in IRC, ERC and national championchips in 07.

Exiting !

Davide78
26th January 2007, 12:50
Fiat yesterday was testing Fiat Grande Punto S2000 with Giandomenico Basso just here in the North Sardinia....

As to now it's not sure what line up Fiat will have in IRC, ERC and Italian Rally Championship but it's sure it's developping more and more the car (last year the car was immediately fast and reliable, beating even on gravel the Gr N and their very good driver, both in Italy and abroad) and it has 2 excellent drivers like Giandomenico Basso and the Italian ace Andrea Navarra, besides a young talented driver like Umberto Scandola.

Moreover Fiat sold a Punto S2000 to the Italian team Grifone, who will compete in the ERC with the Italian driver Corrado Fontana, who won last 2 Italian IRC, an Italian tarmac private championship with WRCars and a very good driver standard, and another one to the Procar, a very famous and important Italian team.

So, after a first year of only official Punto S2000, in the 2007 there will be some private Punto.
The Fiat preferred to keep for itself the brand new Punto S2000 in 2006 in order to better develop them and to sell them to very good teams only after demonstrating the car is very fast and reliable.
Fiat preferred not to give the cars development to private teams but to follow it by itself.

About SAF,the car used there was at one of tis first gravel rally, so it was a rally-test. Moreover it was driven by the young Scandola at his debut on the Punto S2000 after using an Impreza N4 and not by the more experienced Basso.

Davide78
26th January 2007, 13:10
I think that the Punto S2000 is a very good car, considering it was able to beat the very fast Italian Group N drivers like Longhi on Impreza and Travaglia on Lancer, but that it's real potential among S2000 cars will have to be demonstrated in IRC 2007.

We'll see how it will be....I'm looking forward it....Fiat vs Peugeot vs VW vs Toyota....I hope the will be all present in IRC 2007!

Ps:in the last post I forgot to write that there will be another Punto S2000 run by MRT, that is to say Mauro Nocentini team, in Portugal championship, another one in the Spanish one, like posted some pages ago in this discussions, and that the Procar should rent its Punto in the Polish one....this just to demonstrate that in 2007 there will be some private Punto S2000, according to Fiat strategy writtne above in my previous post.

Davide78
26th January 2007, 13:16
I forgot....there will be another Punto S2000 run by MRT, that is to say Mauro Nocentini team, in Portugal championship....so another private Punto S2000....

katxal
26th January 2007, 13:34
2 S.2000 Punto in Spain

Miguel Fuster and Marcelino Hevia

atsiotras79
26th January 2007, 13:42
Lucky guess!

ERC : Basso
IRC : Isik
ITALY : Navarra, Scandola

Tom206wrc
26th January 2007, 15:18
On http://www.ewrc.cz they are talking about both belgian teams Kronos(with C2 S1600) and First Motorsport(with 207 S2000)to enter IRC this year :eek:

Can a czech member translate the article ?? :confused:

Donney
26th January 2007, 15:21
I love to see the Puntos spreading around so they will put up a fight against the Peugeots. I'm with the Punto it is a beautiful rally car.

PetrWRC
26th January 2007, 15:29
To Tom206wrc: Here is original text: http://www.rallye-info.com/article.asp?sid=0&stid=5884

HaCo
26th January 2007, 16:06
We should have a summary of all the guys he will and who might drive the IRC or some of the IRC events... :)

alleskids
26th January 2007, 19:23
Peugeot Spain is supporting/deploying Nicolais Voulloz and Enrique Garcia Ojeda in the Intercontinental Rally Challenge with the 207 S2000. They will do every round, except Kenia. This is more or less the factory team. Peugeot Sport in Vélizy is preparing the cars which wil be serviced by Borja Moratal.

Donney
26th January 2007, 19:39
And they'll be sponsored by XBox 360.

Davide78
26th January 2007, 20:10
The last Fiat line up released was:

Basso and Navarra in the IRC with official Puntos (the last rumors in Italy tell this);

Isik in the IRC with a private Punto run by Fiat Turkey (and it's another private Punto I forgot to list this morning);

Corrado Fontana in the ERC with a private Punto run by the Italian Team Grifone (it's sure! He announced it in his personal website);

Scandola and another driver in the Italian Rally Championship (but it's all to be confirmed!! Very probably they will have private Puntos as Fiat wants to compete officially only in the IRC, so they will drive Procar or Grifone Puntos, even if Scandola is told to be driving the new Grande Punto Diesel, the car used by Panizzi in last Sanremo as 0 car, as Fiat is thinking to create a new championsip in Italy for these cars, something like the old Fiat Uno or 500 or Stilo, to form new drivers. But as to now nothing is sure as Fiat has an alternative, the Panda Kit Car, and it could create a championship using these cars instead of Grande Punto Diesel);

the drivers written in the previous posts in Spain, Portugal and Poland national championships, all run by private teams like MRT or Procar (all for sure).

As soon as I have confirmation about official Fiat line up in the IRC and in Italy I'll post it!
I'm waiting for it too as I'm very curious to know who and where will run.

Le NaRcX
26th January 2007, 20:15
Something concerning Nicolas Bernardi?

Tom206wrc
26th January 2007, 21:56
Interesting that Nicolas Vouilloz will be the 2nd driver of Peugeot Spain :eek:

What about Bryan Bouffier ?? :confused:

teufel
26th January 2007, 22:02
Rumors in Hungary are whispering, there might be a hungarian 207 S2000 in some IRC round aswell. (Hint: BSA) ;)

Tom206wrc
26th January 2007, 22:34
Rumors in Hungary are whispering, there might be a hungarian 207 S2000 in some IRC round aswell. (Hint: BSA) ;)

Let me guess...Janos Toth ?? :p :

teufel
27th January 2007, 08:50
Let me guess...Janos Toth ?? :p :

I hope this will come true! :up:

WRC1
27th January 2007, 09:18
I hope this will come true! :up:

?? and this would mean a few IRC Rallyes AND the hungarian championship or only a few IRC Rallyes??

regards

wrc1

raybak
27th January 2007, 10:06
Looks like the IRC is going to be well supported by factory teams.

All we need now is a round in Australia. There were rumours that several event organisers were approached to run a round this year but didn't have the backing to put it all together, but next year could be different a late in the year round on the East Coast of Australia could happen.

I'll keep you all posted

Ray

Tom206wrc
27th January 2007, 10:32
Peugeot Spain is supporting/deploying Nicolais Voulloz and Enrique Garcia Ojeda in the Intercontinental Rally Challenge with the 207 S2000. They will do every round, except Kenia. This is more or less the factory team. Peugeot Sport in Vélizy is preparing the cars which wil be serviced by Borja Moratal.

Question: where have you read the news ??? I don't see it on any rally sites on the Net yet(even not on spanish rally sites)... :confused:

teufel
28th January 2007, 19:17
?? and this would mean a few IRC Rallyes AND the hungarian championship or only a few IRC Rallyes??

regards

wrc1

Rumors said, some IRC rounds and 1-2 championship rallyes, but nothing is sure, you know the "pre-season rumors" ;)

Tom206wrc
28th January 2007, 19:35
The fact that the rumour exists may give some hope to rally fans :p :

Tom206wrc
28th January 2007, 22:44
Speculations in Portugal/Madeira is that Vitor Sà may chose the Toyota Corolla S2000 to run portuguese championship(not only in Madeira) :eek:

http://ralis.online.pt

FAlonso
29th January 2007, 04:20
Yes it´s confirmed. Two Corollas S2000 for António Rodrigues (2nd in the 206 Cup in 2006) and Vitor Sá! Sá will possibly only use this car in the national championship. For Madeira it´s all a bit unclear at the moment! Maybe a S2000 (Fiat or Peugeot) or even stick to the Clio.

Picture of the new car: http://autosport.clix.pt/media/autosport/ng1011783.jpg

Tom206wrc
29th January 2007, 07:33
Interesting battle of S2000 in 2007 portuguese championship :bounce:

By the way, any pictures of Magalhaes 207 livery ?? :confused:

eppel
29th January 2007, 11:57
Peugeot Spain is to contest the 2007 Intercontinental Rally Challenge (IRC) with two 207 Super 2000s for Spain's Enrique Garcia Ojeda and reigning French Rally Champion Nicolas Vouilloz.

After nominating the Spaniard in November, Peugeot Spain is pleased to announce that his team-mate will be Frenchman Nicolas Vouilloz who has so far driven Peugeots practically throughout his competition career on four wheels.

Vouilloz, who will turn 31 in February, claimed no fewer than ten mountain bike downhill world titles before switching to motor sport in 2003. After dominating that year's Volant Peugeot 206, he was nominated as a member of the FFSA's French Junior Team in 2004 and, with backing from Peugeot, was able to compete in selected World Rally Championship rounds with a 206WRC.

Last season saw him secure the French national title driving a 307WRC.

Enrique Garcia Ojeda has also spent his entire career with Peugeot in Spain.

He secured the Desafío Peugeot – equivalent to the Volant 206 – in 2000 and, since 2003, has officially represented Peugeot in Spain driving the 206 Super 1600 with which he contested the 2006 Spanish Rally Championship.

Nicolas Vouilloz and Enrique Garcia Ojeda will form a formidable line-up in the new series which is expected to benefit from widespread television coverage.

The 207 Super 2000s will be built in Vélizy by Peugeot Sport and run by the Spanish operation run by Borja Moratal.

The Intercontinental Rally Challenge is organised by SRW Events, a subsidiary of Eurosport, and will take in a total of nine gravel and asphalt rounds in Kenya, Turkey, Belgium, Russia, Madeira, the Czech Republic, Italy, Switzerland and China. Peugeot Spain will only contest eight rounds, beginning with the visit to Turkey in May.

Tom206wrc
29th January 2007, 12:04
Peugeot Belgium would have ordered a 207 S2000 and would run Ypres and Condroz as belgian rallies, two or three other IRC events and Rally Germany WRC...

Driver mentioned as possible was Bernd Casier...

Has it a link with First-Motorsport team which would also have ordered one or several 207s ?? :confused:

Source: french motorsport magazine Compte-Tours...

FAlonso
29th January 2007, 12:15
Interesting battle of S2000 in 2007 portuguese championship :bounce:

By the way, any pictures of Magalhaes 207 livery ?? :confused:

The car is already in Portugal but no pics yet...

eppel
29th January 2007, 12:21
BIG pictures of Joge testing the 207 S2000 in Sweden:
http://www.peugeot.se/web/press/bildbank_hogupplosta/207_Super2000.htm

:D

Tom206wrc
29th January 2007, 12:30
Thanks Eppel !!! :bounce: :up:

HaCo
29th January 2007, 14:33
Peugeot Belgium would have ordered a 207 S2000 and would run Ypres and Condroz as belgian rallies, two or three other IRC events and Rally Germany WRC...

Driver mentioned as possible was Bernd Casier...

Has it a link with First-Motorsport team which would also have ordered one or several 207s ?? :confused:

Source: french motorsport magazine Compte-Tours...

VERY Interesting! Hope there is no link to First Motorsport. To see Bernd in such a car would be so great for the W-Flemish (and of course belgian) fans. I bet Basso will have to fasten his belt when this comes true!!! :D :D :D

Tom206wrc
29th January 2007, 16:46
Hope there is no link to First Motorsport

I too..like this there would be at least 2 "belgian" 207 S2000 in Belgium and IRC :p :

Other name quoted as possible in the Peugeot Benelux 207, Larry Cols !!! :D

M5
29th January 2007, 19:50
Anyone that knows if Joge has or will do more training before Sweden ?

eppel
30th January 2007, 12:24
Anyone that knows if Joge has or will do more training before Sweden ?

I don´t think so. He has already tested the car, 350 km,

Tom206wrc
30th January 2007, 22:26
I can't resist to share with you again a very nice video of 207 gravel test !! :p :

http://www.latourettecabardes.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=45

adambousbek
31st January 2007, 07:04
Hello I'm new on this forum! I am student in Italia and here a lot of people say that Alex Bengué is in touch with Fiat for IRC.... Hope that this rumour is true!!! I like really much this fantastic driver!!! The IRC championship should be good!!!

pino
31st January 2007, 07:49
According to ital media, Anton Alen could be one of the drivers along with young talent Scandola and veteran talent Navarra ! :D

http://www.italiaracing.net/news.asp?id=1019&nome=RALLY&cart=RALLY

A.F.F.
31st January 2007, 08:41
According to ital media, Anton Alen could be one of the drivers along with young talent Scandola and veteran talent Navarra ! :D

:hot: :hot: :hot:

I LOVE ITALIAN MEDIA :D

that would be sooooooooooooooooooooo cool.

Donney
31st January 2007, 09:50
Yep :up:

Tom206wrc
31st January 2007, 10:50
Any news about an eventual "Basti" Lindholm S2000 program ?? :confused:

1LM1
31st January 2007, 11:34
If Anton Alen enters the IRC, me think he is the 2007 champion and Fiat too.

He is very fast.

Tom206wrc
31st January 2007, 13:01
If Anton Alen enters the IRC, me think he is the 2007 champion and Fiat too.

He is very fast.

I more believe in Enrique Garcia-Ojeda or Gilles Panizzi(if he runs IRC) :p :

Woodeye
2nd February 2007, 10:41
I more believe in Enrique Garcia-Ojeda or Gilles Panizzi(if he runs IRC) :p :

Oh, come on Tom! You cannot be serious about Panizzi. You are just stating that because of the 207, right? :D

Josti
2nd February 2007, 11:27

Would be awesome. Aléns and Italians works well together :up:

RS
2nd February 2007, 11:33
Oh, come on Tom! You cannot be serious about Panizzi. You are just stating that because of the 207, right? :D

Panizzi could still be a force to be reckoned with, especially as there are lots of tarmac rounds in the IRC.

SubaruNorway
2nd February 2007, 16:38
Don't now if ti has been posted before but it looks like Rossi will maybe drive a Punto WRC in 2009 http://wrc.is.free.fr/

Tom206wrc
2nd February 2007, 17:13
It doesn't concern S2000 Subarunorway... ;)

JCarlosPP
2nd February 2007, 21:25
Peugeot 207 S2000
http://www.fotosralis.online.pt/peugeot20707/

1LM1
2nd February 2007, 21:34
Peugeot 207 S2000
http://www.fotosralis.online.pt/peugeot20707/

Thanks for the link ! Very interesting and nice pics. This is the first time we are able to see so many details of this promising car !

I love it. :up:

pucky54
3rd February 2007, 08:40
The marked Design on that car looks promising. Hope they use the right colors ;-)

HaCo
3rd February 2007, 09:21
http://foto.rallyonline.pl/GALERIA//2007/02/magurski/os1_nurczynski/012.jpg

http://foto.rallyonline.pl/GALERIA//2007/02/magurski/os1_nurczynski/011.jpg

http://foto.rallyonline.pl/GALERIA//2007/02/magurski/os3_nurczynski/026.jpg

http://foto.rallyonline.pl/GALERIA//2007/02/magurski/os3_nurczynski/027.jpg

http://rallyonline.pl/g.php?1&pg_[desc]=+DESC&modex=pokaz&T[id]=2061

alleskids
3rd February 2007, 10:50
MyRoad-Motorsport wil represent the Toyota S2000 in the Portuguese Championship with António Rodrigues/Jorge Carvalho and Vítor Sá/Justino Kings.

Brother John
3rd February 2007, 12:31
Polo S2000 before Punto S2000 @ the moment!

results from rally today!!!

http://rally.walter.pl/2007/magurski/index.php?klasa=General&view=2&odcinek=10&refresh=60

Brother John
4th February 2007, 09:36
http://www.jasmotorsport.com/civicTypeRGr.htm

Brother John
4th February 2007, 16:34
Test foto Honda Civic!?! S2000 or what?

http://www.jasmotorsport.com/images/news/news_74_g.jpg

Tom206wrc
4th February 2007, 16:46
Unfortuneatly no great results for the Polo(which therefore looked promising on day 1) and Grande Punto on polish snow !! :mark:

I really hope a better performance from the 207 on swedish snow :rolleyes:

HaCo
4th February 2007, 16:50
Test foto Honda Civic!?! S2000 or what?

http://www.jasmotorsport.com/images/news/news_74_g.jpg

Brother John, this is the R3 rallycar, not a Super 2000. This article might interest you: http://www.jasmotorsport.com/news_mese.htm .

I don't think Honda is planning a Super 2000 in near future.

HaCo
4th February 2007, 16:54
Unfortuneatly no great results for the Polo(which therefore looked promising on day 1) and Grande Punto on polish snow !! :mark:

I really hope a better performance from the 207 on swedish snow :rolleyes:

Not a great FINAL result, that is right. But the Polo drove a fastest time in his first rally for that driver in that car. This is very encouraging if you ask me. For both the Super 2000's that participated there was no snow experience before, so it is normal that they aren't fastest yet (although the Polo wasn't far awy!). Somebody knows the level of those Super 2000 drivers in the Polish championship in the past, cause that of course is an important factor?

Tom206wrc
4th February 2007, 17:43
Still no picture of Jimmy Joge's car in its definitive livery(blue it seems) ??? :confused:

Brother John
5th February 2007, 07:54
Onboard video from last weekend in Polen!
VW Polo S2000, Continue especially looking at till 10-11 minutes, where the Polo passes the Punto s2000! :D

http://www.rallypl.com/filmy/download/strony.php?x=374

havk
5th February 2007, 09:31
Not a great FINAL result, that is right. But the Polo drove a fastest time in his first rally for that driver in that car. This is very encouraging if you ask me. For both the Super 2000's that participated there was no snow experience before, so it is normal that they aren't fastest yet (although the Polo wasn't far awy!). Somebody knows the level of those Super 2000 drivers in the Polish championship in the past, cause that of course is an important factor?

Czopik pace is usually similar to Kuchar. Look at Poland Rally 2006 results:
http://www.rallybase.nl/index.php?type=result&rallyid=1543 And after first leg of Magurski Rally Czopik was 2th, few seconds behind Kuchar! But you must consider that was his first rally in S2000 and he was driving carefully. Before second leg he said he was going to attack nad attack ended in the snow :/ He lost two minutes and finally finished 8th. I think this rally showed that is a great potential in S2000 cars also on gravel/snow. Lubiak is less experienced than Czopik and I think he needs more time to get familiar with the new car. In PRC 2007 there will be three S2000 cars - Czopik, Lubiak, Solowow (Punto S2000 - also in European Championship).

Brother John
5th February 2007, 10:01
Bad photoshop from the Skoda S2000

http://www.ewrc.cz/2006/show.asp?clanek=5149

http://www.ewrc.cz/images/2007/news/new_fabia_s2000.jpg

Tom206wrc
5th February 2007, 16:20
Still no picture of Jimmy Joge's car in its definitive livery(blue it seems) ??? :confused:

So ??? :confused:

Brother John
5th February 2007, 17:01
So ??? :confused:

Maybe the car is not ready? :dozey:

morgan86
5th February 2007, 20:36
Joges car is ready, but the team dont want to send out any picture of the car before the event

Jarek Z
5th February 2007, 21:54
You can see a bunch of my photos from Magurski Rally at
http://www.rallyonline.pl/g.php?1&pg...T[id]=2075

The Polo:
http://www.rallyonline.pl/ft.php?idg=2075&pg_[go]=1

The Punto:
http://www.rallyonline.pl/ft.php?idg=2075&pg_[go]=2

Davide78
5th February 2007, 22:52
I totally agree with HaKo and havk!

The 1st leg results showed the great potential of S2000 even on diffucult surfaces like snow and the excellent performances of Polo!
It will be really very interesting to see it with Punto, 2007 and Corolla/Run X in the IRC.

Tom206wrc
6th February 2007, 07:38
Joges car is ready, but the team dont want to send out any picture of the car before the event

Thanks...the most important thing is that the car is OK for the event ;)

Tom206wrc
6th February 2007, 10:14
I hope we will have pictures at later on thursday, day of swedish shakedown though :mark:

Brother John
6th February 2007, 10:20
I hope we will have pictures at later on thursday, day of swedish shakedown though :mark:

Swedish Newspaper says today that the car came from France yesterday!
He had no chance to drive the car!!!

Tom206wrc
6th February 2007, 11:19
What ???? :eek:

Has it to do with his accident during his tests(the car would have been repaired in France at Vélizy) ?? :s

eppel
6th February 2007, 14:04
What ???? :eek:

Has it to do with his accident during his tests(the car would have been repaired in France at Vélizy) ?? :s

I read that he tested the car some few metres yesterday. It was the testcar owned Peugeot Sport in France he crashed nearly two weeks ago. The new car will not be showed before the rally begins!

I can´t wait to see it in Sweden :D

Perra71
6th February 2007, 14:34
Heres some pictures of Joges new Peugeot S2000.
Not the best quality but you will get an idea of what it looks like :)
http://www.rallysportnews.se/main.asp?op=display&id=2480

Tom206wrc
6th February 2007, 14:37
Thanks Perra !!! :up:

Even if the pic is very small we can see a nice blue/grey livery !! :bounce:

HaCo
6th February 2007, 16:20
Yeah, it looks cool!

Brother John
6th February 2007, 16:26
They forgot the wheels! :laugh:

http://www.rallysportnews.se/img/Jimmy--Mattias-2(1).jpg

Tom206wrc
6th February 2007, 16:31
They had to change their Michelin for BFGoodrich, and the photographer didn't want to wait after action to take the pic... :p :

sal
6th February 2007, 16:49
edit

HaCo
6th February 2007, 19:15
Some news on the Ford Fiesta Super 2000:

"There are still a few pieces to fall into place, but overall we are all working towards the first event on the Sunshine Coast," said Ben Beazley. "As well as the build program here in Australia, there is a large amount of work being undertaken overseas with engines at Mountune in the UK and Sadev in France on the transmission side.”
http://www.rally.com.au/home/latestnews/articleid=2282

jparker
7th February 2007, 05:14
Guys, after reading almost all posts in this thread I'm still trying to figure out what IRC S2000 is all about. That's why I have few stupid questions.

1. What's the official site of the S2000 championship?
2. Where can I read more about the rules and tech specs for S2000 cars?
3. Why S2000?
4. When IRC start?
5. Where can I see the calendar, drivers and so on?

No offence for the creator of this thread, but if he/she is calling it "OFFICIAL", at least it has to answer the above questions.
Otherwise "OFFICIAL" has no meaning to me.

Tom206wrc
7th February 2007, 07:52
I'll try to answer you Jparker... :p :

1-I don't know, me thinks there aren't any website for that :mark:
2-A little on all the main rallies websites(WRC.com, Rallye-Info, Crash.Net, Autosport,...) :D
3-Because it should be a less expensive motorsport, attracting more drivers/teams/constructors...than WRC ;)
4-First round is Kenya in march...
5-Calendar is on every rallies websites examples I gave you on answer 2...but drivers entrylist isn't available anywhere :mark:

jparker
7th February 2007, 14:40
I'll try to answer you Jparker... :p :

1-I don't know, me thinks there aren't any website for that :mark:
2-A little on all the main rallies websites(WRC.com, Rallye-Info, Crash.Net, Autosport,...) :D
3-Because it should be a less expensive motorsport, attracting more drivers/teams/constructors...than WRC ;)
4-First round is Kenya in march...
5-Calendar is on every rallies websites examples I gave you on answer 2...but drivers entrylist isn't available anywhere :mark:

I see now why the info I'm asking is missing, obviously it’s not available, which btw is very strange to me if IRC starts in a few weeks time.
Anyway, thanks for the effort to bring me up to speed Tom, much appreciated.

A.F.F.
7th February 2007, 15:13
No offence for the creator of this thread, but if he/she is calling it "OFFICIAL", at least it has to answer the above questions.

None taken jparker. Let it has no meaning to you :)

[WRCRR]
7th February 2007, 15:25
I too find the lack of information about IRC strange...weren't they supposed to have great TV-package from Eurosport? If so, why is there nothing about IRC on Eurosport.com? Or anywhere...weird.

Zamppa
7th February 2007, 15:26
Guys, after reading almost all posts in this thread I'm still trying to figure out what IRC S2000 is all about. That's why I have few stupid questions.

2. Where can I read more about the rules and tech specs for S2000 cars?
3. Why S2000?
4. When IRC start?
5. Where can I see the calendar, drivers and so on?

I think you have misunderstood the Super 2000 a bit... It's not a championship as such, with a list of participating drivers and certain calendar. It's just a set of rules for the cars, like Group N4 or Super 1600. IRC allows the use of these cars, as does WRC and a few other championships as well. There is no "official" S2000 championship.

Anyway, here's answers to your questions:
1. As I said there's no S2000 Championship as such. If you mean the IRC, there isn't one but I think http://www.ircseries.com is their domain and the site will be at that address when it is made.
2. The FIA rules for Super 2000 rally cars can be found from the FIA website. Link to PDF document. (http://www.fia.com/resources/documents/1623371895__AppJ_Art_254A.pdf)
3. As Tom said, it's cheaper than WRC and much more accessible for small and privateer teams than the expensive WRC cars. And more spectacular than the current Group N.
4. Safari Rally in Kenya on March 9th-11th.
5. Apparently the IRC calendar has been published on a press release which I could only find from Barum Rally's (http://www.barum.rally.cz/2007/news_detail.php?cont=6&sec=4&lng=en) website. List of participating drivers have not been released, and there will propably be more entries anyway during the following month before Safari.

Tom206wrc
7th February 2007, 17:12
According to portuguese website Ralis.Online today, Fast Freddy and Tomasz Czopik will both take part to Madeira rally(IRC round)with their Polo S2000 :D

Other info, tomorrow Bruno Magalhaes will test his new 207 at Faf&#232 ;( northern Portugal)... ;)

HaCo
7th February 2007, 17:58
Tom206WRC,

I don't speak portugees, but with babelfish we are able to understand more:

As a Polo S2000 is to be prepared for Freddy Loix, pilot who will go to dispute the Belgian Championship, but also to be present in four tests of the European, being the one of them Rali Wine Wood.

Here is the full article:
http://82.102.15.21/~ralis/doispolos2000mad07.html

JOEHOEEEEE!!!! :D :D :D :D

Madeira
7th February 2007, 18:43
Tom206WRC,

I don't speak portugees, but with babelfish we are able to understand more:

Here is the full article:
http://82.102.15.21/~ralis/doispolos2000mad07.html

JOEHOEEEEE!!!! :D :D :D :D
Yes I can confirm this version. I can tell you also that the rally organizers have received contacts from so many drivers all over the world, and they had shown interest to take part on 2007 edition of Rali Vinho Madeira.

jparker
7th February 2007, 19:11
None taken jparker. Let it has no meaning to you :)
Well, after what I read after my post it looks like this is currently the most "OFFICIAL" source of information, so I'm taking my words back.

jparker
7th February 2007, 19:21
I think you have misunderstood the Super 2000 a bit... It's not a championship as such, with a list of participating drivers and certain calendar. It's just a set of rules for the cars, like Group N4 or Super 1600. IRC allows the use of these cars, as does WRC and a few other championships as well. There is no "official" S2000 championship.

Anyway, here's answers to your questions:
1. As I said there's no S2000 Championship as such. If you mean the IRC, there isn't one but I think http://www.ircseries.com is their domain and the site will be at that address when it is made.
2. The FIA rules for Super 2000 rally cars can be found from the FIA website. Link to PDF document. (http://www.fia.com/resources/documents/1623371895__AppJ_Art_254A.pdf)
3. As Tom said, it's cheaper than WRC and much more accessible for small and privateer teams than the expensive WRC cars. And more spectacular than the current Group N.
4. Safari Rally in Kenya on March 9th-11th.
5. Apparently the IRC calendar has been published on a press release which I could only find from Barum Rally's (http://www.barum.rally.cz/2007/news_detail.php?cont=6&sec=4&lng=en) website. List of participating drivers have not been released, and there will propably be more entries anyway during the following month before Safari.

Thanks Zamppa,
just a follow up on your answers.

1. So, there will be web site after all, but why is not active yet? That's strange to me.

3. By "Why S2000?" I ment "What's the meaning of abreviation S2000?". I kind of got the idea of IRC.

Thanks for rest of the info provided.

Donney
7th February 2007, 19:25
Super 2000, being 2000 the engine capacity and super just.... a name.

WRCKE
8th February 2007, 06:49
The site of the belgium ypres rally is online!!!!!!

M5
8th February 2007, 11:03
Pls remember that 2007 is the first real year of S2000, exept for Fiat.

Give them some time to do a bit of development. Look at a Gr N car 10 yrs ago and today - that is also two different worlds.

Had This forum been around in 86 when Gr B was banned and replaced with Gr A a lot of people had gone bananas. That was a bigger difference then, than btw WRC and S2000 today.

I am looking forward to see the 207 in Sweden and compare it with the best Gr N cars (if Joge can keep it on the road !!)

Zamppa
8th February 2007, 14:44
Thanks Zamppa,
just a follow up on your answers.

1. So, there will be web site after all, but why is not active yet? That's strange to me.

I'm guessing there will be one but can't know for sure. The contact address in the press release I mentioned above was [email:29i22psk]nunzia@ircseries.com[/email:29i22psk], hence my guess about the website URL.

3. By "Why S2000?" I ment "What's the meaning of abreviation S2000?". I kind of got the idea of IRC.

Thanks for rest of the info provided.

Like Donney said it's Super for a name and 2000 for cylinder capacity. The specification has been around for a few years on circuit racing, both World Touring Car Championship and it's predecessor European Touring Car Championship used Super 2000 cars since 2001(I think).

Simmi
8th February 2007, 14:49
Just guessing but a possible reason why they haven't been blowing the IRC trumpet ahead of the first round is due to the fact that only one S2000 car will start the Safari - that being the FIAT of Basso.

That is according to Autosport today anyway. Seems the entries must be in by now.

Tom206wrc
8th February 2007, 14:58
OK...so I put here the link to Jimmy Joge's 207 in action on SD pic !!! :D

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/4774/drhw08fe07wrc0016008337lp9.jpg

Simmi
8th February 2007, 15:23
OK...so I put here the link to Jimmy Joge's 207 in action on SD pic !!! :D

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/4774/drhw08fe07wrc0016008337lp9.jpg

I would show this picture to anyone who still thinks S2000 is the future of the WRC.

Jarek Z
8th February 2007, 15:28
I would show this picture to anyone who still thinks S2000 is the future of the WRC.

What do you mean? Is there something wrong with this picture?

HaCo
8th February 2007, 16:22
What do you mean? Is there something wrong with this picture?

Not at all I think! The car looks as monstuous (how do you spell it? :D ) as the 206 WRC looked a few years ago!!

I want to see more pics of that car!! :D

Tom206wrc
8th February 2007, 16:30
You made me feel worry using the adjective "monstruous"(that could have meant also "ugly") :laugh:

animrallye
8th February 2007, 18:20

Official site is under construction...
Pages are ready but still not on line. :rolleyes:
Source : IRC PR on phone.

HaCo
8th February 2007, 21:14
You made me feel worry using the adjective "monstruous"(that could have meant also "ugly") :laugh:

LOL, I wouldn't be to sure, I'm (a lot) more like a Ford fan!! :D :D ;)

Tom206wrc
8th February 2007, 22:35
Pictures of today tests of Bruno Magalhaes(in Portugal) !! :p :

http://www.fotosralis.online.pt/testes207pl/

jparker
9th February 2007, 02:47
Just guessing but a possible reason why they haven't been blowing the IRC trumpet ahead of the first round is due to the fact that only one S2000 car will start the Safari - that being the FIAT of Basso.

That is according to Autosport today anyway. Seems the entries must be in by now.

Well, if that's true, then we know the first S2000 winner :)
BTW, how the S2000 cars will switch gears?
I hope they don't use the "piano" stile anymore, I hate it.

JCarlosPP
9th February 2007, 15:00
Pictures of today tests of Bruno Magalhaes(in Portugal) !! :p :

http://www.fotosralis.online.pt/testes207pl/

Video ;)

http://www.marao-motores.com/2007/videos/207_S2000.wmv

M5
9th February 2007, 15:18
Just guessing that cost is the most important reasin for not running in Safari. The same factor might come into play for one ot two other rounds.
The teams are still not as professional as in WRC (If ever ?) I am not sure how much it costs to get to Kenya with a car, but a lot for a small team.

HaCo
9th February 2007, 16:03
And here is some great news on the corolla!!!

Toyota Australia is set to become the first operation in the world to homologate the next-generation Corolla to the FIA's international Super 2000 rally regulations. The Toyota Racing Development (TRD) team is currently in the initial stages of building the two new-shape vehicles at its Canberra base.

http://www.rally.com.au/home/latestnews/articleid=2292

A quick google search tells me this is the new toyota corolla:
http://www.illenium.de/toyota/sigtool/images/newCorolla2006Anderson.jpg

This will be great if local drivers are looking for budget in there country: a new car is more easyly promoted than an older one... :D

TheFlyingTuga
10th February 2007, 04:29
Cool. But in Europe the car is named Auris (new marketing strategy)! Maybe RED import them to Europe like they do, with the Run-X (The South African Corolla)!
In another news, I went to see the first delivered S2000 here in Portugal, and good lord, the car runs very fast indeed! I never see a WRC pass (It will be this year :D ) but the 207 S2000 is faster than a N4 car! I think this cars will start to dominate the countries championships... because, here in Portugal, I think only Armindo's could fight with them!

Cheers

A.F.F.
10th February 2007, 06:46
I hope they don't use the "piano" stile anymore, I hate it.

In Peugeot 207 there's a joystick beside the steering wheel..

animrallye
10th February 2007, 06:52
Just guessing that cost is the most important reasin for not running in Safari. The same factor might come into play for one ot two other rounds.
The teams are still not as professional as in WRC (If ever ?) I am not sure how much it costs to get to Kenya with a car, but a lot for a small team.
The cost is nearly the same as the car's price !

HaCo
10th February 2007, 13:51
Cool. But in Europe the car is named Auris (new marketing strategy)! Maybe RED import them to Europe like they do, with the Run-X (The South African Corolla)!

Cheers

Oh, I see! That's why I couldn't find that much info about the 2007 corolla, the Auris gives a lot more hits!

alleskids
10th February 2007, 17:57
Freddy Loix wil do the IRC and the Belgium Rally Championship with Rhino energy drink sponsoring, the same he carried in Dakar. The car will probarly be the VW Polo S2000.

HaCo
10th February 2007, 17:59
Freddy Loix wil do the IRC and the Belgium Rally Championship with Rhino energy drink sponsoring, the same he carried in Dakar. The car will probarly be the VW Polo S2000.

Are you sure he will do full IRC??

alleskids
10th February 2007, 18:00
Not sure about the full calendre, maybe dropping Safari. But Belgium press is reporting doing the championship.

HaCo
10th February 2007, 18:00

Are you sure he will do full IRC?? It would be great for him and for the belgian rallysport! It's like a second oppurtunity...

alleskids
10th February 2007, 18:10
his program wil soon be released. so I can not confirm that he wil do the full IRC.

eppel
11th February 2007, 16:34
Anyone written anything about Joge? He broke one gearbox on shakedown and the second on SS2. Bad bad.

HaCo
11th February 2007, 17:23
Oops, that is not good for a rallycar debut... Hope they can solve the issue!

Tom206wrc
12th February 2007, 09:42
Anyone written anything about Joge? He broke one gearbox on shakedown and the second on SS2. Bad bad.

I know... :(

But this gearbox is imposed by FIA(it's a SADEV)as on all the S2000 :confused:

Is it a reliability problem by Sadev or a problem at Peugeot-Sport(gearbox badly fixed by mechanics) :confused:

1LM1
12th February 2007, 10:06
I know... :(

But this gearbox is imposed by FIA(it's a SADEV)as on all the S2000 :confused:

Is it a reliability problem by Sadev or a problem at Peugeot-Sport(gearbox badly fixed by mechanics) :confused:

I have heard that this Sadev gear box brings a lot of trouble so far whichever car it is. It's a big concern because the reliability image of the manufacturers is at stake. :/

Tazz
12th February 2007, 14:23
If it is the Saddev box, then why does it work in the Polo and Corolla s2000? (as all s200 are forced to use the same transmission)Wat is different in the Pug? Maybe the operator?

Brother John
12th February 2007, 14:44
If it is the Saddev box, then why does it work in the Polo and Corolla s2000? (as all s200 are forced to use the same transmission)Wat is different in the Pug? Maybe the operator?

Peugeot work probably still with the the same laptop men who also spoiled the 307 wrc whale! :D
That car became better last year in the hands of private teams!!!

Jarek Z
12th February 2007, 14:56
If it is the Saddev box, then why does it work in the Polo and Corolla s2000? (as all s200 are forced to use the same transmission)

It also works in Punto S2000. As far as I know the only serious technical issue that Basso had in last year's ERC was one clutch problem in Bulgaria.

HaCo
12th February 2007, 16:14
I believe in the first gravel rally of the punto, in the IRC, andreucci was complaining about the gearbox to, telling they had nothing to do with it. Still have it on video from rally-action... It's a pitty rally-action is no longer on AB Moteurs, it's by far the best rally program for international, non-WRC rallying!

HaCo
12th February 2007, 18:01
Now, this is good news!

Peugeot belgium will do 5 events of the IRC with kronos in 2007 and full championship in 2008!!!

Drivers are unknown, but rumours tell Freddy Loix, Pieter Tsjoen, Larry Colls or Bernd Casier. I hope not one of the first 2!!

Tom206wrc
12th February 2007, 18:09
Great news !!! :bounce: :bounce:

I thought Fast Freddy was to drive a Polo S2000 ?? :confused: