PDA

View Full Version : Oh Boy, here we go!!! Forsythe to ICS for 2009. What the..........

bblocker68
19th July 2008, 21:47
Now I've seen everything. I wonder what PT is thinking now??

Courtesy of Autosport:

Forsythe plan IRL and ALMS for '09

By David Phillips Saturday, July 19th 2008, 20:12 GMT

Forsythe Racing are close to finalising IRL IndyCar Series and American Le Mans Series programmes for 2009, according to team manager Ken Swieck.

The team have remained active in the Atlantic Series this year after deciding that they had insufficient funding to join the merged IndyCar Series from Champ Car, but recently revealed that they will join the Indy Lights championship next season.

Swieck was much in evident at this weekend's Mid-Ohio event in the IndyCar, ALMS and Lights paddocks, and made it clear that Forsythe's 2009 ambitions are not limited to the junior categories.

"We've got a Formula Atlantic deal this year and we're planning on going ahead with that, we announced the Indy Lights programme last week and we're looking at both ALMS and the IndyCar Series," he said.

"I'd say the ALMS and IndyCar programmes are about 95 percent done."

Swieck confirmed that Forsythe intended to contest both series rather than choosing one or the other.

"Our plan is to treat this like a business, and that means diversifying our efforts to take advantage over all the opportunities that come our way," he said.

The instant classic
19th July 2008, 22:13
Now I've seen everything. I wonder what PT is thinking now??

Courtesy of Autosport:

Forsythe plan IRL and ALMS for '09

By David Phillips Saturday, July 19th 2008, 20:12 GMT

Forsythe Racing are close to finalising IRL IndyCar Series and American Le Mans Series programmes for 2009, according to team manager Ken Swieck.

The team have remained active in the Atlantic Series this year after deciding that they had insufficient funding to join the merged IndyCar Series from Champ Car, but recently revealed that they will join the Indy Lights championship next season.

Swieck was much in evident at this weekend's Mid-Ohio event in the IndyCar, ALMS and Lights paddocks, and made it clear that Forsythe's 2009 ambitions are not limited to the junior categories.

"We've got a Formula Atlantic deal this year and we're planning on going ahead with that, we announced the Indy Lights programme last week and we're looking at both ALMS and the IndyCar Series," he said.

"I'd say the ALMS and IndyCar programmes are about 95 percent done."

Swieck confirmed that Forsythe intended to contest both series rather than choosing one or the other.

"Our plan is to treat this like a business, and that means diversifying our efforts to take advantage over all the opportunities that come our way," he said.

its nice to see the IRL getting that, but who is getting a ride next year with forsythe? i just hope they can bring more exCC drivers over

Cart750hp
19th July 2008, 22:32
I have little problem with this statement:

Our plan is to treat this like a business, and that means diversifying our efforts to take advantage over all the opportunities that come our way," he said.

Business means....profit, cost effective, ride buyers,.....just like the last years in CC. How about treating it as sport, a motorsport? Ask Dale Coyne.

icehammer97
19th July 2008, 22:52
Not sure how I feel about this. I am a huge PT fan and now have a strong dislaike for GF. Depending on who is his driver(s) I think will make my decision on this.

indycool
19th July 2008, 23:53
Sounds like GF sat out this season and negotiated a buyout of Tracy's supposed five-year deal and will bring a cheaper driver(s) next year.

drewdawg727
20th July 2008, 00:05
Hopefully he picks up Lavin and Carpentier.

MDS
20th July 2008, 01:13
No surprise here.

The rumor I've heard most recently is Red Bull/Indeck with a french driver and a Canadian driver, both of whom are under contract either to Forysthe or Red Bull already.

harvick#1
20th July 2008, 02:53
could Bourdais make a comeback, since Vettel has smoked him in just about every F1 race in the Toro Rosso, I don't see STR keeping Bourdais for another season

MDS
20th July 2008, 03:06
Existing relationships are a good thing.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1365/1021522780_f35bfbcbf6.jpg?v=0

Chamoo
20th July 2008, 05:13
No surprise here.

The rumor I've heard most recently is Red Bull/Indeck with a french driver and a Canadian driver, both of whom are under contract either to Forysthe or Red Bull already.

Hinchcliffe would be awesome to see finally make the jump. Montagny might come as well, even if he is with AGR right now in ALMS.

I hope he brings in a Canadian kid or two to groom as the next big Canadian's in OW.

bblocker68
21st July 2008, 16:55
I'd like to see Montagny and David Martinez in the cars, if possible. Bourdais probably wouldn't come back. He finished 12th yesterday, ahead of one of the Red Bull factory team (Coulthard).

I was hoping Renault would snatch him up, but Piquet finally had a good run and Seabass had a bad experience with Flav, so I hope he stays at Torro Rosso.

Chamoo
21st July 2008, 17:14
I'd like to see Montagny and David Martinez in the cars, if possible.

I was actually hoping that PCM would be able to either convince 'Visit Mexico' to step up and sponsor Martinez as well as Dominguez, or even talk Tecate into coming back if TG does in fact open the season in Mexico next year.

I'd like to see Montagny in the ICS, but would prefer to see Forsythe bring in Hinchcliffe and maybe Phillipe? Maybe bring in Hinchcliffe and Bomarito, or someone else from Atlantics.

weeflyonthewall
22nd July 2008, 16:11
Sounds like GF sat out this season and negotiated a buyout of Tracy's supposed five-year deal and will bring a cheaper driver(s) next year.

Oh? And the cost of getting competitive in hand-me-down cars never entered the equation? I heard he was hoping for a new chassis package for the 2009 season. The tea leaves lied.

indycool
22nd July 2008, 17:27
Well, if he thought there was a new chassis package for 2009, he didn't listen to anyone important who's said anything about it for the past 6-8 months.