PDA

View Full Version : Cat Fight?

mlj
19th July 2008, 18:41
Reported On AR1:

"Mid-Ohio Saturday notebook 1 Seems there was some sort of hissy fit between Danica Patrick and Milka Duno after Indy Car practice this morning. Word is that Danica Patrick stormed down to Milka's pit box (The "I can't do not wrong" Patrick is always storming somewhere. One of these days another driver is going to deck the miniscule driver and lay her right out) after the session and said to Milka "Do you even know what you are doing out there?" To which Milka supposedly threw down the rag she was wiping her face with and said "Look b&%$#, you may be able to push the boys around in this series but you are not going to push me around." Ouch, fighting words..."

Look out!

I'd love to see DP push Milka and watch what ensues !! Bring it on Ladies !
Great PR IMO

bblocker68
19th July 2008, 18:42
Knock her out Milka!!! You'd at least get a good showing that way :)

ChampUSfan
19th July 2008, 18:52
That would have been fun to watch! Milka would have been the first one to batter Danica's cute face...

markabilly
19th July 2008, 19:09
Women!!watch how they greet each other with smiles and kisses and as soon as the other is gone, they are back stabbing away....

yeah, nothing better than a good cat fight.....women have always been willing to pull the trigger on another woman without another thought, even with joy.........while men are always concerned about helping the little lady, keep her out of trouble and harm's way, ...of course, I always figure it was because they did not have a a certain part go to waste needlessly...

mlj
19th July 2008, 19:12
Not that the following matters much, but I had to post this AR1 retraction anyway

Mid-Ohio Saturday notebook 1 UPDATE Retraction: The quote below from Milka Duno to Danica Patrick is not correct as we got it second hand. The team told us she did not use the word b&%$#. We are going to get an exact quote from the tape of the incident, so stay tuned.......

The instant classic
19th July 2008, 19:28
Reported On AR1:

"Mid-Ohio Saturday notebook 1 Seems there was some sort of hissy fit between Danica Patrick and Milka Duno after Indy Car practice this morning. Word is that Danica Patrick stormed down to Milka's pit box (The "I can't do not wrong" Patrick is always storming somewhere. One of these days another driver is going to deck the miniscule driver and lay her right out) after the session and said to Milka "Do you even know what you are doing out there?" To which Milka supposedly threw down the rag she was wiping her face with and said "Look b&%$#, you may be able to push the boys around in this series but you are not going to push me around." Ouch, fighting words..."

Look out!

I'd love to see DP push Milka and watch what ensues !! Bring it on Ladies !
Great PR IMO
HAHAHAHA OMG i never heard that HAHAHA
but on the real side here, who didnt see that comming?
but danica sholudnt mess with milka, cuz milka looks like a tuff girl anyways, and beside danica got more to lose, in some fans minds danica is "hot" i really dont see it in her but hey if fans think shes pretty she got alot more to lose in this fight, but milka, but danica will be like this with all girls that come into IRL now, but this cat fight i find funny really, i laugh so hard when i saw this topic, i say this lets take bets on who wins

i bet $5.00 that milka slaps the taste right out of danica mouth
and i bet $10.00 on danica crying after the race saying, "i dont know why they let her on track"

the best part is, is that i dont care for milka or danica so its even more funny, but i speak for real again here, i hope milka say or does something to danica cuz the other drivers cant do anything or say anything to her, but its nice to have some other girl out there can could,, hmm i guess the nice way to say this is, is to shut danica mouth for once :)

Chamoo
19th July 2008, 19:43
I hope Milka blocks or applies PT's chrome horn to Danica during the race. All hell would ensue.

Phoenixent
19th July 2008, 20:47
I hope Milka blocks or applies PT's chrome horn to Danica during the race. All hell would ensue.

:up:

I'd put 20.00 on Milka to KO the princess. :D

You don't mess with Latin women it might be last time you do that. Danica's attitude toward Milka has been bad since Indy 2007.

The instant classic
19th July 2008, 20:57
:up:

I'd put 20.00 on Milka to KO the princess. :D

You don't mess with Latin women it might be last time you do that. Danica's attitude toward Milka has been bad since Indy 2007.
hahahahahaa
ok thats 2 for milka now, the pot of money is growing now cuz i bet $5.00
on that as well :cool:

:arrows: <==== milka when she get ahold of danica

Dr. Krogshöj
19th July 2008, 21:03
Now that's interesting because Milka is the only driver who could actually get involved in physical altercation with Danica. The boys can't win against her, if they knock her out, they loose because they knock out a girl, otherwise they loose because they get knocked out by a girl.

Not that I support any physical altercation between racing drivers. On the contrary.

ChampUSfan
19th July 2008, 21:14
This makes me remember back in 2006, in a Champ Car race at San José I think when PT spun and then took Tagliani out of race and they had an altercation on pit road...I guess Viso should be careful next week cause if he crashes PT like he crashed Vitor at The Glen...

The instant classic
19th July 2008, 21:48
Now that's interesting because Milka is the only driver who could actually get involved in physical altercation with Danica. The boys can't win against her, if they knock her out, they loose because they knock out a girl, otherwise they loose because they get knocked out by a girl.

Not that I support any physical altercation between racing drivers. On the contrary.
i agree, and i think thats what danica does best she know that the guys cant do anything, so she acts like shes 5 years old out there,

The instant classic
19th July 2008, 21:51
the pit road fight i rember that now, i was like :eek: lol cuz PT is from canada it was all over the news for afew days here (im from canada too) they made such a big deal out of it here, i found it funny

The instant classic
19th July 2008, 21:56
does anyone rember the pit fight between harvick and biffle at Bristol in 2002? that one was bad, i just rember that one, if you havent seen it look it up on youtube for real its bad!

icehammer97
19th July 2008, 21:57
I really just wish Danica would go to NASCAR or away I don't really care which becasue to me they are the same. Yes the IRL will lose some fans but that is going to happen when she eventually retires so all it would do is make things move faster. Right now with more cars young drivers like Rahal, Marco, RHR, and even Moraes who has shown flashes and is only 19 and the talent in the Indy Light series. Plus established stars that win like Helio (though not this year), TK, Brisco, Wheldon, Dixion, and CC guys like Wilson, Power, and Servia who with more oval time in Indycars could get good too. With all these drivers and no other American Open Wheel series to contend with I don't think the IRL needs her like it did a few years ago. I know many of my friends who are race fans have stopped watching IndyCar because they are so sick of Danica and the longer she is in the series I fear there will be more and more like them who hate that the TV focuses on her when she is mid pack doing nothing and not following close battles and passes.

On a side note she would fit in great with the Soap Opera that is NASCAR.

The instant classic
19th July 2008, 22:06
I really just wish Danica would go to NASCAR or away I don't really care which becasue to me they are the same. Yes the IRL will lose some fans but that is going to happen when she eventually retires so all it would do is make things move faster. Right now with more cars young drivers like Rahal, Marco, RHR, and even Moraes who has shown flashes and is only 19 and the talent in the Indy Light series. Plus established stars that win like Helio (though not this year), TK, Brisco, Wheldon, Dixion, and CC guys like Wilson, Power, and Servia who with more oval time in Indycars could get good too. With all these drivers and no other American Open Wheel series to contend with I don't think the IRL needs her like it did a few years ago. I know many of my friends who are race fans have stopped watching IndyCar because they are so sick of Danica and the longer she is in the series I fear there will be more and more like them who hate that the TV focuses on her when she is mid pack doing nothing and not following close battles and passes.

On a side note she would fit in great with the Soap Opera that is NASCAR.

i think every IRL fan know shes going to nascar some day, i rember her first year in the IRL she said " i anit one of thos fans/driver that has to watch every kind of motor sport" as i have always said about danica, is her only fans are little girls and some teen guys that belive they could get danica in bed someday
shes got this ego thing now, and its like where did this come from? after her win she sholud have handle herself better, cuz now its like she thinks its all about ME ME ME ME and team AGR is not like that, they work as a team and lose as a team, and im sure thats why TK gets pissed off,

FORMULA-A
19th July 2008, 22:19
Boy, Danica's (People) should go nuts when they see this. In one fell swoop she plays right into the hands of Misogynists everywhere (lets see them two fight) and sort of legitamizes one of the great embarrasments to INDY CAR, Milka. Maybe Ms. THING is upset that finally the little "gifts' that the ICS used to give her (autosteer last year and that little WEIGHT thing) are no longer in use.

That's true, Right? the weight thing is now no longer an issue?

Just wondering.

The instant classic
19th July 2008, 22:30
Boy, Danica's (People) should go nuts when they see this. In one fell swoop she plays right into the hands of Misogynists everywhere (lets see them two fight) and sort of legitamizes one of the great embarrasments to INDY CAR, Milka. Maybe Ms. THING is upset that finally the little "gifts' that the ICS used to give her (autosteer last year and that little WEIGHT thing) are no longer in use.

Just wondering.

i say let them fight, cuz what really helps rating? the fights do im sad to say, but that gets ppl talking, i mean look at us all right now, but yeah i bet shes pissed over losing the auotsteer,i say danica as the song goes "shut up and drive" ;) i say like it, or leave it, and go back and make some half naked calendars that the only one that buy it are the same ones that need mommy and daddy with them to pay for it :D

but i agree even since the autosteering left her attitude change alot, so let her go race nascar i woludnt miss her :)

whats wrong danica cant drive without auotsteering :(
well maybe if you didnt have a s*it fit over everyone getting in your way and did some test that wolud help much ;)

jackmart
19th July 2008, 22:40
Ok, so I always get exicted and watch for the Indy 500 and then the excitement dies but this year it has not. First off, I am a Danica fan I'm not a little girl, nor am I a teenage guy. First, what is the deal with autosteer, can someone tell me what that is about? Second off, I have sensed some annomocity between the two but I have never seen any real proof. Was there a previous incidient that I missed?

I think people are so anti-danica that it makes me like her more. She still is in 5th slot so I don't know why people keep acting like she doesn't deserve to be where she is.

I must say it is saddening to see her sell out for more money and I wish she had more humility when it comes to her win. She seems rather arrogant in her interviews and that is disappointing as well. I haven't seen enough to get a really good judge of her character though.

icehammer97
19th July 2008, 22:47
I am 20 and most of my friends are in the same age and none of us think Danica is very good looking. I have always thought it was the people in their late 30s early 40s who think Danica is so good looking.

The instant classic
19th July 2008, 22:52
I am 20 and most of my friends are in the same age and none of us think Danica is very good looking. I have always thought it was the people in their late 30s early 40s who think Danica is so good looking.
i agree with you, i am 23 and i could care less for danica, well maybe i will someday you know when my eye go bad and everygirl i met looks good lol :cool:

Jag_Warrior
19th July 2008, 23:44

That's because you either go to NOPI shows or are exposed to (truly) hot girls in your age group.

I saw Danica when she was in her first year of Atlantics/Barber-Dodge with Rahal. She's got a very pretty face. But... how can I put this so that a Mod doesn't feel the need to censor it? Hmm... she's a tiny little person and doesn't exactly have a feminine figure. How's that? But ya know, some guys (and girls :eek :) like that sort of thing. To each his own I guess.

I've got $100 on Milka on another board. Put me down for another $100 here. 1st round knockout... unless Danica runs or someone breaks it up. :D

Wilf
19th July 2008, 23:45

Just wondering.

What IS autosteer??? Really wondering??????

downtowndeco
19th July 2008, 23:46
A site that is known to dislike the IRL & especially DP posts a negative story about Danica in it's rumors section, which it promptly retracts and still it gets two pages here.

Glad to see people are still excited enough about Danica to take the time & complain about her, even if it is a second hand, retracted rumor. : ).

The instant classic
19th July 2008, 23:48
That's because you either go to NOPI shows or are exposed to (truly) hot girls in your age group.

I saw Danica when she was in her first year of Atlantics/Barber-Dodge with Rahal. She's got a very pretty face. But... how can I put this so that a Mod doesn't feel the need to censor it? Hmm... she's a tiny little person and doesn't exactly have a feminine figure. How's that? But ya know, some guys (and girls :eek :) like that sort of thing. To each his own I guess.

I've got $100 on Milka on another board. Put me down for another $100 here. 1st round knockout... unless Danica runs or someone breaks it up. :D
and the pot grow some more lol :cool:

and yeah i know what you mean by "how some guys and girls like that kind of thing"

but i wolud say is that why danica has fans cuz of her " :eek: " cuz if so thats wrong if being a fan of someone base all on looks,

Jag_Warrior
19th July 2008, 23:51
A site that is known to dislike the IRL & especially DP posts a negative story about Danica in it's rumors section, which it promptly retracts and still it gets two pages here.

Glad to see people are still excited enough about Danica to take the time & complain about her, even if it is a second hand, retracted rumor. : ).

The Indystar dislikes the IRL and Danica? Curt Cavin is a mole?

I get your point, but this is where I read the story. I wouldn't waste my time reading the site you're referring to.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080719/SPORTS/80719008

It says there's video too. I'll be waiting for this one to hit YouTube. :s mokin:

The instant classic
19th July 2008, 23:52

i say i really havent seen anyone say "i hate danica" around here, this was a topic about milka really but hey thats what fans do we retact to rumors and it doest matter who its about really ;)

Jag_Warrior
20th July 2008, 00:06
and the pot grow some more lol :cool:

and yeah i know what you mean by "how some guys and girls like that kind of thing"

but i wolud say is that why danica has fans cuz of her " :eek: " cuz if so thats wrong if being a fan of someone base all on looks,

I can't say much. I dated a girl who was all about some Christian Fittipaldi. And I'm secure enough in my manhood to say, yeah, he was a good looking dude. I could say, Baby, he's not even THAT good! But by then, she was usually in a trance thinking about him. :rolleyes:

Danica is a big deal to some fans and the IRL for several reasons (which we've talked about here again & again). Hey, even when she qualifies 20th (or whatever), she still manages to make some headlines on Google News. As long as her behavior is considered cute and gets some attention for the series, I think she'll keep up the Brat Act.

But if I was her, I'd pick a fight with Sarah Fisher, even if I had the problem with Milka. Sarah seems pretty easy going. Milka might cause The Danica to miss a race or two with something broken or a missing eyeball. I bet it'd be hard to drive with a missing eyeball. People could sneak past you on that blind side. And that's no good.

So I encourage The Danica to go find Sarah (she's not in this race, is she?) and punch her in the jaw. The Danica needs to get her street cred back!

icehammer97
20th July 2008, 00:37

It wasn't the incident that was retracted it was the quote. Seems to be some question if Duno used to B word or not

icehammer97
20th July 2008, 00:45

Never been to a NOPI show or for that matter even know what one is. I got to a small school in PA and it is not exactally populated by girls who look that great. To be honest the only thing I can see with people thinking she is as good looking as they think she is (and Duno falls into this too) is that they are race car drivers and the fact that they do something that women don't do makes them look better. I am really a "face guy" myself when it comes to women and don't think Danica's is that good looking. That is just my oppinion to each his own.

jackmart
20th July 2008, 00:46
Ok,

1. What is autosteering? Does anyone acutally know?

2. I tried to look up confrontation between the two and came up emtpy handed, is this a rumor as well?

lastly, I found another site that has a different view on what happened...

LEXINGTON, Ohio (http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/07/19/sports/CAR-IRL-Mid-Ohio-Notebook.php#): That win earlier this year in Japan must seem like a long time ago to Danica Patrick.
Since her first IndyCar Series victory on April 20, Patrick has mostly struggled to be competitive. Her fifth-place finish last Saturday night at Nashville was her first top-five since Motegi. And Patrick was hoping it would be the catalyst for a big finish to the 2008 season.
"That is the kind of stuff that I would, should, could be doing every weekend," she said Friday before the first practice. "It has been a tough year for me, really. We just haven't really settled on good race cars and we have missed it in the races. We were a lot closer to it at the race at Nashville."
But, if Saturday is any indication, the Honda Indy 200 may be just more of the same struggles that she has faced so many times in the past three months.
Patrick, who started a career-best second here a year ago, was 11th in the morning practice at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course.
[/url]

http://www.iht.com/images/dot_h.gif

After getting out of her car, Patrick quickly walked to where Milka Duno, the only other woman racing here this weekend, was pitted and confronted the less experienced driver about getting in her way several times during the practice.
The confrontation lasted only about a minute, but witnesses said it grew heated and that Duno flung a towel in Patrick's direction at one point as the two exchanged words. Patrick eventually walked away.
Patrick, who has previously confronted fellow drivers Dan Wheldon and Ryan Briscoe after racing incidents, brushed off the latest dustup, saying, "I just wanted to know if she saw me out there."
Duno was not immediately available for comment.
Things didn't get better for Patrick after the confrontation.
She failed to get past the first of three rounds in the knockout-style time trials and will start 20th on the 26-car grid in Sunday's race. Duno qualified last.
"The car was pretty fast during practice this morning, but I was unable to find the speed that I needed during qualifying," Patrick said. "I'm disappointed that I didn't qualify better, knowing that I started on the front row last year.
"But there are some areas of the course where I will be able to make some passes. It's a long race, so, hopefully, I can work my way up the field."

This is from the Ap and doesn't seem as bad, but stil doesn't look the best. It seems that people don't like Danica more because of her overexpore rather than her lack of skill.

Here is the link for the article.

[url]http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/07/19/sports/CAR-IRL-Mid-Ohio-Notebook.php (http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/07/18/sports/OPEN.php)

It does seem like Danica thinks her car isn't that bad which is good news for Danica fans.

FORMULA-A
20th July 2008, 00:46
What IS autosteer??? Really wondering??????

Last year, I believe at MID OHIO is where it was officially acknowledged, ICS admitted that they had been letting DANICA test a form of Electronically augmented steering that made the wheel easier to turn and hence the car easier to drive. Barney Barnhart looked very "what me do anything wrong" when they were called on it. it was funny though because Danica was just in #13 and below on every road course but SUDDENLY she qualifies I think, 2nd at Mid Ohio. The resultant BROUHAHA forced ICS to admit to the automatic steering issue. I still notice though that while there has been some reference to "weight equalization" occasionally does anyone on the thread know if it has really been implemented? I am not a Danica fan and there is something not quite right about her results ( I know male pig) but was it me or did Helio just visably lift off the gas in MOTEGi and hadn't we just seen them both in the pits not too many laps before (snort snort wheres the mud)

jackmart
20th July 2008, 00:53
^^I saw the mention of wieght equlizaton and I found an article saying that the smaller people had to add 35 lbs to their car.

I'm with Danica on that though, you don't have a fast runner wear leg weights to make it more even. Also, less mass means less momentum.

nigelred5
20th July 2008, 01:02

What you're trying to say is she's built like a 12 year old boy. I'm in that 40 year old category and I've never really found her that attractive. I agree, she's cute, but between the two, Milka's far more my cup o drink.

nigelred5
20th July 2008, 01:03
^^I saw the mention of wieght equlizaton and I found an article saying that the smaller people had to add 35 lbs to their car.

I'm with Danica on that though, you don't have a fast runner wear leg weights to make it more even. Also, less mass means less momentum.

But jockeys DO have to carry equalization weight, which is a more appropriate
example. She just needs to STFU and drive.

The instant classic
20th July 2008, 01:06
What you're trying to say is she's built like a 12 year old boy. I'm in that 40 year old category and I've never really found her that attractive. I agree, she's cute, but between the two, Milka's far more my cup o drink. i agree and i say this to danica fans and haters,
what is she really out there for, is it to race? or to get her face on tv? for that gets her some modeling deals?

and for you out there that watch
wrestling like me lets put it this way
the rock wanted to be in wrestling and guess what? he sold out the fans for hollywood,

so i say the same for danica is she really there to race? or to get her "cute face" on tv and helps her become something else, and btw i dont think she got a cute face i was more making a point ;)

Jag_Warrior
20th July 2008, 01:10
Never been to a NOPI show or for that matter even know what one is. I got to a small school in PA and it is not exactally populated by girls who look that great. To be honest the only thing I can see with people thinking she is as good looking as they think she is (and Duno falls into this too) is that they are race car drivers and the fact that they do something that women don't do makes them look better. I am really a "face guy" myself when it comes to women and don't think Danica's is that good looking. That is just my oppinion to each his own.

I'd never been to one either. I didn't know what NOPI was. A guy from Florida who built the engine for my RX7 several years ago raced in NOPI, and invited me to a race in the Richmond area so I could finally meet him.

I thought I was just going to see some import drag racing and some cool tuned cars. I was wrong. It was that and MUCH more. All I'll say is, before you get out of your 20's, you've got to go to a NOPI race & show. If I go into too much detail or post any pics, they'll finally have the goods to ban me here. Just try it. It's not like a big orgy with cars or anything. But for most of the day, I had this look on my face :eek:

Try it once. Thank me later. :D

As for Milka, I like her and it's not really about her looks or figure. She's just a super cool and very nice person. I met her when she was doing a sort of semi-pro series called Womens Global GT. It's the one thing people can give me hell about: I like "Milky Donuts". :rolleyes: Yeah, she may be in over her head but she's good people in my book. I have never seen or heard of her being snotty to a fan. Never! Other than a guy who got a little pervy during an autograph session at the DC ALMS race, I've never even seen her catch a small bit of attitude with a fan.

IMO, Danica could learn a lot from Milka... at least about how to conduct herself outside of the car.

nigelred5
20th July 2008, 01:11

NOPI CHICKS:
http://www.speedsportlife.com/photopost/data/1053/thumbs/Winners_40.jpg

NickFalzone
20th July 2008, 01:11
Last year, I believe at MID OHIO is where it was officially acknowledged, ICS admitted that they had been letting DANICA test a form of Electronically augmented steering that made the wheel easier to turn and hence the car easier to drive. Barney Barnhart looked very "what me do anything wrong" when they were called on it. it was funny though because Danica was just in #13 and below on every road course but SUDDENLY she qualifies I think, 2nd at Mid Ohio. The resultant BROUHAHA forced ICS to admit to the automatic steering issue. I still notice though that while there has been some reference to "weight equalization" occasionally does anyone on the thread know if it has really been implemented? I am not a Danica fan and there is something not quite right about her results ( I know male pig) but was it me or did Helio just visably lift off the gas in MOTEGi and hadn't we just seen them both in the pits not too many laps before (snort snort wheres the mud)

The power steering "test" implementation last year was very poorly handled and ridiculous that it was not even acknowledged. I believe other teams were aware of it though, and there were other drivers that used it in competition (I heard Manning, could be others). When confronted by the press about this, IRL folks said it didn't add any significant advantage to the drivers. It was only tested on 2-3 road courses, not any ovals. As far as Motegi, what Helio said later is that he thought Danica was a lap down, so he lifted. Knowing Helio as a very competitive driver, I would not think it was anything more than a mistake on his part.

As far as the Danica/Milka confrontation, you're very naive if you think it's entirely legitimate. Danica and others know how to work the press and how to get people talking about the series. She's well aware that the "controversy" she and others start is good publicity. You're a sucker if you fall for it every time. As far as Duno, she should not be driving road courses. Then again, neither should Roth. I would not be surprised if Barnhart parked them within a few laps tomorrow.

Also re: the weight equalization, keep in mind that Danica loses out to the bigger drivers on strength and fitness. Dixon is a trialthete, and I guarantee his strength pays off in steering ability. Danica instead has a big weight added to her car.

NickFalzone
20th July 2008, 01:15
Nopi chicks are overrated (not that Danica isn't). I see maybe one naturally beautiful face in the pic above.

The instant classic
20th July 2008, 01:16
NOPI CHICKS:

wow now put them into a car and see alot of little boys dreams come true :D
but i will say the one in the yellow i think i dated her once :erm: but i had to have been drunk that night and singing
CONWAY TWITTY "HELLO DARLIN" :D

Jag_Warrior
20th July 2008, 01:21
What you're trying to say is she's built like a 12 year old boy. I'm in that 40 year old category and I've never really found her that attractive. I agree, she's cute, but between the two, Milka's far more my cup o drink.

Well yeah, but I was trying not to go there.

Certain wannabe racetrack comics had a running joke about Milka having a restraining order against me several years ago. Between that and me asking (as a joke! purely as a joke!) what my chances were of marrying Angelle Sampey... if only my last name started with an "S", I try to keep certain jokes and references on the downlow, QT these days. :D

But yeah, if Danica came to my door, I'd tell her I didn't want to buy any Girl Scout cookies and close the door on her.

markabilly
20th July 2008, 01:26
NOPI CHICKS:

Those suits do not look fireproof to me....but baby you can drive my car, yes baby you can drive my car...someday gonna be a star...... :s mokin:

Mark in Oshawa
20th July 2008, 01:28
Jag, I agree in that Danica could learn from Milka outside the car. Milka could learn from Danica INSIDE the car. That said, I find this little squabble just more proof that Danica is a little brat who needs a spanking. I wouldn't want to be the one to do it, cant stand the girl.

Let me get a little tirade out of my system here right now. I don't get online much to say my piece but when I saw this thread and read about what Danica did, I have to vent. Danica Patrick has a bit of talent. Out of the 3 women in the series, she has the most as long as they race on ovals. That said, without the power steering she couldn't handle these cars on road courses. Even with it, I doubt she can win on a road or street course. Danica is all about her image, and all the blown up over done hype that ABC and the press have made of her. She isn't that good a driver people.

Danica also wants it both ways. She wants respect on the race track and claims to be just another racer out there but she uses EVERY bit of her looks and her image to suck in attention, sponsors and uses her feminine wiles to manipulate the press into taking her side of the story. She poses half nude (not bad looking but she reminds me of a 14 year old girl really) and then in the next breath tells the world she wants to be just another racer. She runs down guys and then storms into the pits knowing they wont come after her. She mentions she wont be pushed around by PT before he even turns a wheel this summer in Edmonton (if she thinks PT cares, she just put a big ole bullseye on her rear wing with those words!). She will push or cajole everyone into doing what she wants. Bobby Rahal bankrolled her rise to Indy car, and she dumped him the second a better deal was available at Andretti's. She has never ONCE admitted she has EVER made a mistake on the race track, and the IRL let her have power steering and a weight advantage under the rules until this was pointed out to the world at large.

In short, Danica is a media sensation and spoiled brat out there. She is in the end demeaning to hard driving women who don't use their looks trying to get ahead. Her attitude sucks and to my mind, ABC has made broadcasts nauseating with their constant attention given to her. If Milka had any talent of all, Danica would no doubt have picked a fight with Milka a long time ago.

Danica has enough talent to hold a ride, I will give her that. That said, I hope she picks a fight with Milka and gets her head handed to her. Milka is a nice lady who really shouldn't be out there racing in this series, but at least she carries herself with some level of decorum outside the race car. I am tired of Danica. If a guy pulled the stunt she did at Indy, the fists would have flown. Danica does this every damned week someone else does something she doesn't like. She knows the guys wont touch her.....but I suspect they almost all hate her antics as much as I do.

I have watched Danica since her Atlantic days....and I will say if Katharine Legge was given the same opportunities, Legge would be as competitive and not half the jerk.....

Jag_Warrior
20th July 2008, 01:32
Nopi chicks are overrated (not that Danica isn't). I see maybe one naturally beautiful face in the pic above.

Compared to the average girl that I saw in Richmond, Danica's not even in the same zip code. I knew the crew that used to manage Camelot up in D.C. So I didn't think anything would really turn my eye at a race track. I was wrong.

Go to a show and then tell me what you think. Seriously.

DavePI2
20th July 2008, 01:51
amazing that every race it is the same problem. There is something wrong with the car. After danica's starting spot was announced everyone where I was at in turn 1 was in agreement, she would blame the car. Of course she did. Just shut up and drive the **** car.

david

jackmart
20th July 2008, 02:21
^^I see your from c-bus, are you going to the race or a rahal fan?

Again, less weight, momentum = mass * velocity, so being smaller might be a disadvantage as well.

I do have to admit it is hard for her to play both sides, doing racy shoots and then wanting to be taken seriously. In my opinion she can use her feminitiy and good looks to gain attention and money is a more modest way. If the press didn't jump all over Danica I think more people here wouldn't hate her so much but it seems people are just jealous of all the attentions he gets. Again, often she is not humble about this attention but she is in the IRL to race. If she were the Anna Kornikova of racing she would have done what Anna did and left a long time ago for modeling or fashion since Danica really enjoys that.

Lastly, Danica may not be ther pefect hour glass type but she is cute and 14 girls do NOT look like that. I realyl don't think her shape is that manish especially compared to other female athletes.

One last thing, people talk about her weight advantage but waht about her lack of muscle because she is smaller. Also, I read an article about some guy from Indi that made some invention that AGR uses, I'm guessing this is not the autosteering thing that you guys were talking about?

The car does make a big difference, usually the people who more money on a bigger team have better cars because of that. So the car makes a big difference. If that wasn't the case, they all would have the exact same cars with more regulations.

harvick#1
20th July 2008, 02:36

:D put me down for 100 also, I'd like to see Danica get punched, just like Spencer did to Busch at Indy a few years back, Busch hasn't been anything like he used to be since that little Incident :D

Danica is really getting on my nerves, she has awin in top equipment (if a guy was in the car, people would be callin for his job, hmmmm just like people bitchin about Briscoe at Penske) and she keeps downgrading drivers, sorry but shes a mid-pack driver in top equipment and blocks heavily during the race.

Danica really needs to learn from Sarah on how to act like a female competitor, and thats to be a competitor, take SEX out of the equation and just ing race. Racing isn't fair, get used to it

The instant classic
20th July 2008, 03:26
:D put me down for 100 also, I'd like to see Danica get punched, just like Spencer did to Busch at Indy a few years back, Busch hasn't been anything like he used to be since that little Incident :D

Danica is really getting on my nerves, she has awin in top equipment (if a guy was in the car, people would be callin for his job, hmmmm just like people bitchin about Briscoe at Penske) and she keeps downgrading drivers, sorry but shes a mid-pack driver in top equipment and blocks heavily during the race.

Danica really needs to learn from Sarah on how to act like a female competitor, and thats to be a competitor, take SEX out of the equation and just ing race. Racing isn't fair, get used to it

damn the pot of money is growing big now guys lol

yeah i rember that with busch and spencer but its true, busch really change after that, and stop being such a cry baby, and learn to race better and he became more of a racer, as we see today, danica really need a punch to wake her up from her "little world" she lives in, so one good slap from milka wolud just wake danica up :arrows: = :eek: = :) = better driver for danica

Phoenixent
20th July 2008, 03:34

I Agree. :up:

Add a 100 to the 20 I said earlier on Milka. :D

I woukd rather see Sarah in the #7 car than the princess. :)

The instant classic
20th July 2008, 03:38
I Agree. :up:

Add a 100 to the 20 I said earlier on Milka. :D

I woukd rather see Sarah in the #7 car than the princess. :)

i was kind of the one that made the joke i bet $3.00 milka punch out danica, but more i see everyone beting 100, its time to put my money up to $20.000
that milka punch out danica :s mokin:

call_me_andrew
20th July 2008, 03:41
I think we've all forgotten something important: Milka Duno sucks!

Lest we forget when Ashley Judd finally said something about it last year.

Everyone takes this chance to go on about Danica being overrated and no one seems to care about Milka's lack of talent. I doubt Milka could drive her way out of this.
http://dcist.com/attachments/dcist_martin/Paper%20Bag.JPG

keysersoze
20th July 2008, 03:54
You guys who comment that Danica isn't that hot, not to "us guys in our 20s" blah blah blah, you all crack me up.

It doesn't make you a man of discriminating taste because YOU don't happen to find her attractive (especially if your taste is for NOPI bimbo-types).

I suppose you all have contracts with Ford or Wilhelmina. :rolleyes:

P.S. I know what you're thinking: "What's 'Ford' and 'Wilhelmina'?

harvick#1
20th July 2008, 03:58
But yeah, if Danica came to my door, I'd tell her I didn't want to buy any Girl Scout cookies and close the door on her.

:laugh: I thought I was the only one :D

icehammer97
20th July 2008, 04:24
^^I see your from c-bus, are you going to the race or a rahal fan?

Again, less weight, momentum = mass * velocity, so being smaller might be a disadvantage as well.

One last thing, people talk about her weight advantage but waht about her lack of muscle because she is smaller. Also, I read an article about some guy from Indi that made some invention that AGR uses, I'm guessing this is not the autosteering thing that you guys were talking about?

The car does make a big difference, usually the people who more money on a bigger team have better cars because of that. So the car makes a big difference. If that wasn't the case, they all would have the exact same cars with more regulations.

Your first argument makes no sense. Momentum doesn't equal speed and in fact having a lower mass means it takes less energy to change the speed of an object. Therefore DP could break later and still get down to the same speed and excelerate faster out of turns.

As for the lack of muscle if she is too weak to drive the car then she shouldn't be in one. Plain and simple. Now every driver has the steering assist system that makes it easier to turn the wheel, which is fine. The problem is last year in Mid-Ohio and Detroit (and all road courses inbetween) the IRL gave DP and I think Manning (can't remember for sure if it was him) the steering assist to "test it." Letting one or two drivers use something that made things easier, better, faster is just unfair and stupid.

As for having better cars. It seems like last year I remember her team having the champion. And TK is 4th in points and in races he has finished his worst position is 8th and he has 8 top 5s. The team has led 642 laps (only 3 are DP). And AGR is third in points per entry just 22 points behind Penske. Seems like the car isn't too bad. With her struggles on road courses all year and most of the remaining races being being on those tracks she could very easily be the worst driver in points on her team (only 13 points out of that position) and you can argue that TK and Marco could have better cars (though I don't see a team making improvements to the design of one car over another) but Mutoh?!?

SarahFan
20th July 2008, 04:27
both are nothing more than a product of the split....if TG doesn't split the sport neither gets a sniff of a ride at this level

3 years from now neither will be on the grid

The instant classic
20th July 2008, 04:53
You guys who comment that Danica isn't that hot, not to "us guys in our 20s" blah blah blah, you all crack me up.

It doesn't make you a man of discriminating taste because YOU don't happen to find her attractive (especially if your taste is for NOPI bimbo-types).

i have contracts with hugh hefner :s mokin: he hooked me up with better girls then old danica now adays, he found me a girl a smokin hot one too, from paradisiak-city (France) so i might not be around next week cuz im going to met up with her this monday comming,

and for "i know what you're thinking" trust you you have no idea whats on my mind right now ;)

later guys have a good time talk with you sometime in 2weeks after my trip :)

jackmart
20th July 2008, 05:22
Your first argument makes no sense. Momentum doesn't equal speed and in fact having a lower mass means it takes less energy to change the speed of an object. Therefore DP could break later and still get down to the same speed and excelerate faster out of turns.

As for the lack of muscle if she is too weak to drive the car then she shouldn't be in one. Plain and simple. Now every driver has the steering assist system that makes it easier to turn the wheel, which is fine. The problem is last year in Mid-Ohio and Detroit (and all road courses inbetween) the IRL gave DP and I think Manning (can't remember for sure if it was him) the steering assist to "test it." Letting one or two drivers use something that made things easier, better, faster is just unfair and stupid.

As for having better cars. It seems like last year I remember her team having the champion. And TK is 4th in points and in races he has finished his worst position is 8th and he has 8 top 5s. The team has led 642 laps (only 3 are DP). And AGR is third in points per entry just 22 points behind Penske. Seems like the car isn't too bad. With her struggles on road courses all year and most of the remaining races being being on those tracks she could very easily be the worst driver in points on her team (only 13 points out of that position) and you can argue that TK and Marco could have better cars (though I don't see a team making improvements to the design of one car over another) but Mutoh?!?

As far as Danica trying to pass Helio last week it seemd that since he blocked her she had to slow, losing momentum, and maybe phsycially this makes no sense, but her losing the momentum means she lost 3 places, now had a car had more momentum to begin with they might not have done that or had an easier time passing them.

Also, it's unfair for her to smaller and have that advantage but as for as others being stronger and being able to turn easier how is that more fair compared to a weight issue. I both can be controlled by the person to an extent but not completely.

Thanks for clearing up the steering thing. I wasn't that into irl last year so I wasn't sure. TK is a great racer, I feel like a lot of things are just luck which last week is a great example of. Sure there is skill to it but luck also plays a huge factor, it did in Danicas win. Again, Danica is in 5th, she is doing better than MA and HM, and everyone else who is behind her. So for everyone to make her seem awful, maybe people are getting her confused with Milka because from what I see, she is the one who is really struggling in the races, more so than Danica.

gofastandwynn
20th July 2008, 05:27
The power steering "test" implementation last year was very poorly handled and ridiculous that it was not even acknowledged. I believe other teams were aware of it though, and there were other drivers that used it in competition (I heard Manning, could be others). When confronted by the press about this, IRL folks said it didn't add any significant advantage to the drivers. It was only tested on 2-3 road courses, not any ovals. .

Danica had it at Mid Ohio (Qual. 2, Fin. 5)

Manning had it at Sonoma (Qual. 16, Fin. 12)

Kanaan had it at Belle Isle (Qual. 4, Fin. 1)

Yea they gave it to the 2 drivers who had the hardest time steering the car (Danica & Manning), and probably the best setup driver who wasn't involved in the championship battle (Kanaan). It was developed out of the problem of the steering loading up in fast turns and making it very difficult to turn the wheel under a high aerodynamic load (Turn 1 @ Sonoma, and the coming off the backstretch on the Homestead RC). This helped, but when put it on Danica's car, AGR found out you could increase the caster & camber on the front end then what you could on a normal steering car.

I guess they should have informed the internet message boards instead of just the teams. :rolleyes:

It wasn't anything electronic about it, it was all mechanical. http://www.jconline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080718/SPORTS0404/807180321

icehammer97
20th July 2008, 05:43
As far as Danica trying to pass Helio last week it seemd that since he blocked her she had to slow, losing momentum, and maybe phsycially this makes no sense, but her losing the momentum means she lost 3 places, now had a car had more momentum to begin with they might not have done that or had an easier time passing them.

Also, it's unfair for her to smaller and have that advantage but as for as others being stronger and being able to turn easier how is that more fair compared to a weight issue. I both can be controlled by the person to an extent but not completely.

Thanks for clearing up the steering thing. I wasn't that into irl last year so I wasn't sure. TK is a great racer, I feel like a lot of things are just luck which last week is a great example of. Sure there is skill to it but luck also plays a huge factor, it did in Danicas win. Again, Danica is in 5th, she is doing better than MA and HM, and everyone else who is behind her. So for everyone to make her seem awful, maybe people are getting her confused with Milka because from what I see, she is the one who is really struggling in the races, more so than Danica.

Had her car have had more momentum in the first place she would have either had to start slowing down sooner or she would have hit Helio. The reason she lost positions was that she lost speed and it takes time to build back up that speed. Back when they had a weight difference her car would have been able to get her car back up to speed faster then other drivers.

Here is how I see her balencing out. She isn't as strong as other drivers (according to you not my words). So she can't control her car as well (according to her) but becasue she is a woman and has marketablity she is in a better car then her talent should allow. I have said in other posts about how there were drivers that beat her week in and week out in Atlantics who never got a CC shot or had one in a Pacific Coast car or similar.

As for her standing in the points. I have always said that one thing she is good at is finishing the race (only 2 DNFs and only one due to contact) whlie Marco who is only 13 ponts behind her has 5. As for her being better then Mutoh he is a rookie and is only 12 points behind her. Many including me have said she is an ok driver on ovals but is almost useless on road courses without the advantage over other drivers. There have been (for her) 9 ovals and 2 road courses. I would be willing to bet she will drop before the season has ended probably to last on her team and probably around 8th or 9th in points. She is also drivng for the third best team in the league. Put her in a Vision car or any of the CC crossover teams and she would be much further back and would not have a win.

Cart750hp
20th July 2008, 07:07
Jag, I agree in that Danica could learn from Milka outside the car. Milka could learn from Danica INSIDE the car. That said, I find this little squabble just more proof that Danica is a little brat who needs a spanking. I wouldn't want to be the one to do it, cant stand the girl.

Let me get a little tirade out of my system here right now. I don't get online much to say my piece but when I saw this thread and read about what Danica did, I have to vent. Danica Patrick has a bit of talent. Out of the 3 women in the series, she has the most as long as they race on ovals. That said, without the power steering she couldn't handle these cars on road courses. Even with it, I doubt she can win on a road or street course. Danica is all about her image, and all the blown up over done hype that ABC and the press have made of her. She isn't that good a driver people.

Danica also wants it both ways. She wants respect on the race track and claims to be just another racer out there but she uses EVERY bit of her looks and her image to suck in attention, sponsors and uses her feminine wiles to manipulate the press into taking her side of the story. She poses half nude (not bad looking but she reminds me of a 14 year old girl really) and then in the next breath tells the world she wants to be just another racer. She runs down guys and then storms into the pits knowing they wont come after her. She mentions she wont be pushed around by PT before he even turns a wheel this summer in Edmonton (if she thinks PT cares, she just put a big ole bullseye on her rear wing with those words!). She will push or cajole everyone into doing what she wants. Bobby Rahal bankrolled her rise to Indy car, and she dumped him the second a better deal was available at Andretti's. She has never ONCE admitted she has EVER made a mistake on the race track, and the IRL let her have power steering and a weight advantage under the rules until this was pointed out to the world at large.

In short, Danica is a media sensation and spoiled brat out there. She is in the end demeaning to hard driving women who don't use their looks trying to get ahead. Her attitude sucks and to my mind, ABC has made broadcasts nauseating with their constant attention given to her. If Milka had any talent of all, Danica would no doubt have picked a fight with Milka a long time ago.

Danica has enough talent to hold a ride, I will give her that. That said, I hope she picks a fight with Milka and gets her head handed to her. Milka is a nice lady who really shouldn't be out there racing in this series, but at least she carries herself with some level of decorum outside the race car. I am tired of Danica. If a guy pulled the stunt she did at Indy, the fists would have flown. Danica does this every damned week someone else does something she doesn't like. She knows the guys wont touch her.....but I suspect they almost all hate her antics as much as I do.

We'll probably see more of Danica's biatchy side as her age ticking and more competitive drivers are coming to IRL. This is how she was brought up in IRL and don't expect it's gonna end. Just like some other women working with guys, they demand fairness. Yet when fairness is due, they demand compensation. When some business man offers money to go naked, she'd do it in a heartbeat. What that tells you? Money & Attention.

Did some magazine out there offered Milka to go naked yet? I know she's hot but it looks like she doesn't want much of attention as much as Danica and less talented. I could be wrong. But I'd like to see her naked, though.

I have watched Danica since her Atlantic days....and I will say if Katharine Legge was given the same opportunities, Legge would be as competitive and not half the jerk.....

Oh please Mark. Stop assuming Katherine is not a jerk, ok. We've been having this discussion since the Champ Car Stone Age. She wasn't exposed much to the media and that's why a lot of people think she's an angel. She was on the verge of becoming "the star" but her talent got caught in the string. KK started to expose her but KK didn't have the money and the influence to expose a British driver in US. What would've stopped her once she's exposed to the media? Miley Cyrus, a freaking 15 year old, which is way more famous than Danica and Katherine combined...had topless pics. I tell ya, if she's that talented, KK would've given her a ride in IRL right now. But we all know, it didn't work.

My 2c, of course.

icehammer97
20th July 2008, 07:34
Kat was a decent driver, probably better then DP (just compairing them in Atlantics) but KK only ran her for one year then went with a ride buyer and Servia. Now in the IRL he has Servia who won several races and Power who was a rising star in CC before the series died. He did what the IRL didn't (for this year) he went with talent over marketing and money.

DavePI2
20th July 2008, 10:34
put vitor in the #7 and lets see how long it not only takes to be competitive on a regular basis but win races.

david

NickFalzone
20th July 2008, 17:03
IndyCar.com now has the video of this up.

Jag_Warrior
20th July 2008, 17:09

How does knowing the names of two of the largest modeling agencies in the world mean anything? As for signing with either, I'm not a "pretty boy" nor do I speak with a lisp. I did date a girl in the 90's who had signed with Ford in NY: 5'8" of exquisite Eurasian beauty. But to stay slim, she'd stick these little needles between her toes and inject this strange white substance. She'd become very mellow after that. And that ended that meaningless relationship pretty quick. But say, why does a girl wearing a bikini at a car show all of a sudden have to be a bimbo? Quite a few of the Tecate girls that used to attend the various CART races were also college students. One of the NOPI girls that we met at the Richmond event was a 4th year at the McIntire School.

Just because I met a Ford model who was a heroin user, that doesn't mean I think they all are (though I hear it's fairly common among that set). And maybe not every NOPI chick could get into the McIntire School (Wahoo-wah, wahoo-wah, hoo-rah-ray, hoo-rah-ray!). All that's been said is that some of us don't go for the waifish, little lad look.

P.S. I bet I know what you're thinking: "What's the McIntire School?" :p :

Chris R
20th July 2008, 17:33
I gotta say - the video really makes this more or less a non-event.... Nothing really exciting going on there - it seems fair enough if one driver wants to talk to another about something on the track - but it doesn't seem like Danica really copped an attitude until Milka did - not saying anyone is guilty or innocent - just saying if this was not between two women this would not be any sort of news.....

SarahFan
20th July 2008, 17:58
I gotta say - the video really makes this more or less a non-event.... Nothing really exciting going on there - it seems fair enough if one driver wants to talk to another about something on the track - but it doesn't seem like Danica really copped an attitude until Milka did - not saying anyone is guilty or innocent - just saying if this was not between two women this would not be any sort of news.....

my problem is the pattern....it's not a first time incident with Danica it's becoming the norm.....then you mix in a acrash in the pits on alternating weekends and 20th place on the grid and i find myself asking....'Just who the F does danica think she is to be going down to other folks pits to give them a lesson on racing'?

Jag_Warrior
20th July 2008, 18:08
but it doesn't seem like Danica really copped an attitude until Milka did - not saying anyone is guilty or innocent - just saying if this was not between two women this would not be any sort of news.....

Maybe I'm just wired a little tighter, but if someone approaches me and asks me if I have any idea of what I'm doing... there's going to be a problem. If you want a confrontation, with me anyway, that would be the way to get one. If that's not copping an attitude, I'm not sure what is. The best thing that person can do for both of us at that point is to get to steppin'. And that's exactly what Milka told Danica to do.

Whatever her level of talent, I've always found Milka to be the nicest person you could meet at the track. Even when someone acted rather crudely toward her during an autograph session, she didn't lose her temper. So Danica could have approached her in a way that would have led to a dialogue. But she chose not to do that. Danica has shown no ability to be able to do that. She seems to like being confrontational... yanking on driver's shirt sleeves or stomping down through the pits to have the big face off. Danica has grown used to being able throw temper tantrums with male drivers. She knows (usually) how to play "The Card". I'd say Rev. Jesse and Patricia Ireland would be proud of her. But as Rev. Jesse just found out, "The Card" doesn't work on someone in your own group. Maybe Danica needs to work on her approach, before she does something that gets her a mouth full of loose chicklets.

SarahFan
20th July 2008, 18:12
Maybe I'm just wired a little tighter, but if someone approaches me and asks me if I have any idea of what I'm doing... there's going to be a problem. If you want a confrontation, with me anyway, that would be the way to get one. If that's not copping an attitude, I'm not sure what is. The best thing that person can do for both of us at that point is to get to steppin'. And that's exactly what Milka told Danica to do.

Whatever her level of talent, I've always found Milka to be the nicest person you could meet at the track. Even when someone acted rather crudely toward her during an autograph session, she didn't lose her temper. So Danica could have approached her in a way that would have led to a dialogue. But she chose not to do that. Danica has shown no ability to be able to do that. She seems to like being confrontational... yanking on driver's shirt sleeves or stomping down through the pits to have the big face off. Danica has grown used to being able throw temper tantrums with male drivers. She knows (usually) how to play "The Card". I'd say Rev. Jesse and Patricia Ireland would be proud of her. But as Rev. Jesse just found out, "The Card" doesn't work on someone in your own group. Maybe Danica needs to work on her approach, before she does something that gets her a mouth full of loose chicklets.

excellent post

icehammer97
20th July 2008, 18:28
When watching the video anyone else feel like they were watching a bad soap opera. It looked so staged. I do love at the end Danica runs off to whine to daddy (Brian Barnhart).

Chris R
20th July 2008, 18:55

I totally agree with what you are saying - but I am working in the premise that one driver having achat with another over something on the track is a fairly common occurance - the fact that it is tow women and on camera is the rarity... If this was a total breach of etiquette it changes my opinion dramatically...

Also, I am no Danica fan - not really meaning to defend her as much as play down the whole thing....

I

harvick#1
20th July 2008, 19:14
When watching the video anyone else feel like they were watching a bad soap opera. It looked so staged. I do love at the end Danica runs off to whine to daddy (Brian Barnhart).

just saw it, I started laughing, and of course here is the commentators giving Danica all the love and completely agreeing with her. give me a break. Duno's crew members I believe were just trying to tell Danica to shut up without saying it

markabilly
20th July 2008, 19:28
just saw it, I started laughing, and of course here is the commentators giving Danica all the love and completely agreeing with her. give me a break. Duno's crew members I believe were just trying to tell Danica to shut up without saying it

What is it with the commentor

The instant classic
20th July 2008, 19:30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LXDEPrIr9I <==== milka vs danica everyone

harvick#1
20th July 2008, 19:38
What is it with the commentor

they showed it on ABC, and after the replay, the ABC commentators were taking the side of Danica's everyword

call_me_andrew
20th July 2008, 21:10
Well it was pretty clear from the replay that Milka was blocking Danica. Like it or not, Danica is in the right here.

Jag_Warrior
20th July 2008, 21:10
I totally agree with what you are saying - but I am working in the premise that one driver having achat with another over something on the track is a fairly common occurance - the fact that it is tow women and on camera is the rarity... If this was a total breach of etiquette it changes my opinion dramatically...

Also, I am no Danica fan - not really meaning to defend her as much as play down the whole thing....

I

I understand what you mean, Chris. I think what's common about this is the fact that it's Danica being Danica!... again. Other than Paul Tracy, have we recently seen a driver who has felt the need to be so confrontational? And not to defend Tracy, but at least he was usually fighting at the sharp end of the grid when he got into spats. When you're in 20th place on the starting grid, you really need to get small and stay quiet, IMO.

Danica's comment at the end, that she was going to go tell on Milka to Brain Barnhart, is so sad. If this is what it looks like, I weep for the future of AOWR. Somehow I doubt that Gordon Johncock ever said such a thing to Tom Sneva.

Jag_Warrior
20th July 2008, 21:14
Well it was pretty clear from the replay that Milka was blocking Danica. Like it or not, Danica is in the right here.

It would be hard to argue against that point. Cause if there's a driver out there who would know what blocking looks like, it would surely be The Danica. :D

Chris R
20th July 2008, 21:40
I understand what you mean, Chris. I think what's common about this is the fact that it's Danica being Danica!... again. Other than Paul Tracy, have we recently seen a driver who has felt the need to be so confrontational? And not to defend Tracy, but at least he was usually fighting at the sharp end of the grid when he got into spats. When you're in 20th place on the starting grid, you really need to get small and stay quiet, IMO.

Danica's comment at the end, that she was going to go tell on Milka to Brain Barnhart, is so sad. If this is what it looks like, I weep for the future of AOWR. Somehow I doubt that Gordon Johncock ever said such a thing to Tom Sneva.

lol - even better imagine Foyt telling Parnelli he is going to tell on him..... :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Sandfly
20th July 2008, 22:01

I think she left her water bottle behind. Slammed it down on the box when she walked up - then left it behind after the cat-fight ,, just too much excitement.

jackmart
20th July 2008, 22:02

I had a test I took yesterday so I wasn't able to see the qualifying rounds or wake up early for the practice, is there anywhere I can see this replay.

FIAT1
21st July 2008, 01:27
This is a joke. TV camera on practice day in the pits at right moment .Scripted bs nothing more.

jackmart
21st July 2008, 02:05
why would either agree to do that for the cameras, it makes both look bad. I really don't think that it was scripted, if it was, it was bad scripting because you coudn't hear what Danica was saying part of the time or really understand what Milka was saying too.

downtowndeco
21st July 2008, 03:30
Again, I'm glad they're both in the IRL. Five pages of back and forth on this thread prove that people are interested in them both, whether they're good, bad or ugly, under rated or over rated.

Easy Drifter
21st July 2008, 03:46
Five pages of gum flapping over this and how many posts about the actual race? Methinks we all need to give our collective heads a shake.

Dagger
21st July 2008, 04:10
I liked it when Danica gives the finger around the 30 second mark in the video. Hee, Hee, Hee

HoustonCartFan
21st July 2008, 05:04
Only Danica Patrick could make Milko Duno look like a hero figure...

She never deserved the Andretti seat and I think that she was given the easy road at Rahal-Letterman.

As for people who think that IndyCar needs personalities like Danica to compete with NASCAR...

Superior talent will always win out with OW racing fans. I do not want the NASCAR model of popular people hanging onto seats they do not deserve because of their personality or how they look in a bikini photo shoot (airbrushed of course).

Winning, talent, and personalities are what people want.

And in that order.

jackmart
21st July 2008, 05:09
I liked it when Danica gives the finger around the 30 second mark in the video. Hee, Hee, Hee

When I watched it the first time I didn't see that at all, then I watched it without sound, then I blew it and watched it, she's showing 3 fingers as she says 3 times.

I don't think she should have come to Milka and said do you know what your dong out there, but maybe that is the second sentence since it's hard to make out the first. Milka could have walked away rather than throwing a towel in her face twice. That's wasn't the high road if she is so classy.

icehammer97
21st July 2008, 05:10
why would either agree to do that for the cameras, it makes both look bad. I really don't think that it was scripted, if it was, it was bad scripting because you coudn't hear what Danica was saying part of the time or really understand what Milka was saying too.

Dania will do anything for the camera. If she didn't do stuff like this and keep her name on Sports Center her sponsors would lose interest after time and she would be out of a job. On the not being able to hear Danica thing, the best way to blow a fake fight is have too good sound quality. And as for understanding what Milka was saying it is easy if you can understand people with heavy acents. I don't have the video up so I am not doing this word for word by she said that if she (Milka) is so slow and Danica is so fast why could she never pass her in the straight real easy. She also said that Danica liked to do things for the "show" ie faking a fight to get her name in the news. I think what happened is Danica got a camera guy and told him to follow her and Duno didn't want to be part of the PR stunt.

I have a question for people here who follow all sports, in this case baseball, does Danica's excuse of "I just wanted to see if she saw me" sould a lot like Milton Bradley just wanting to introduce himself to the announcer who he thought was bashing him during a game?

I wish Danica would just let her on track actions do the talking and stop being a little baby.

On another side note (starting to think I have ADD here) does anyone know if Brian Barnhart did say anything to Milka like Princess said her would?

Cart750hp
21st July 2008, 05:46
When I watched it the first time I didn't see that at all, then I watched it without sound, then I blew it and watched it, she's showing 3 fingers as she says 3 times.

Why she needs to be in some other teams' paddock? What is she doing there in the first place? Why her chief engineer or even Michael Andretti do the complaining instead of her? That I don't get.

I don't think she should have come to Milka and said do you know what your dong out there, but maybe that is the second sentence since it's hard to make out the first. Milka could have walked away rather than throwing a towel in her face twice. That's wasn't the high road if she is so classy.

Classy? Good thing those Duno's crew didn't punch the heck of her confronting other teams and drivers. I'd take that towel over a fist. She got what deserve.

jso1985
21st July 2008, 05:59
Duno is so right in one thing: Patrick likes to make a show out of everything!

what did she expect starting a "conversation" with "you know what are you doing?" :rolleyes:

gloomyDAY
21st July 2008, 06:17
I'm not a fan of the IRL, but grew up with CART.
Honestly, have never liked either Champ Car or Indy.

My point?

The only think I keep hearing/reading about when it comes to Indy is some lackluster lady by the name of Danica Patrick. Doesn't it bother anyone that she is being placed on a monolith even though there are better drivers on the circuit? What is going to happen when she falls? A common person would NOT know the name of the Indy 500 winner, but most know that Danica was knocked out the race and confronted some chap about the incident.

Seems more like staged antics rather than real racing.

I didn't make this post to offend anyone. Just an outside observation. A lot of posters here will do the same for F1 or WRC and it is neat to get a view from outside the tunnel.

Andrewmcm
21st July 2008, 13:14
Given Danica's past form, it wouldn't surprise me if the TV director saw the incident on track and told a cameraman to follow her around when she got out of the car. I don't think it was staged.

NickFalzone
21st July 2008, 14:13
Agreed, I don't think it was staged by the IRL. Or even by the cameraperson. But I would say that it was staged by Danica for the camera that she knew was there. She feeds off the attention, IMO she's the Tony Stewart of the IRL with half the talent.

Shifter
21st July 2008, 14:37
\/ ...Anyways, I get to crank the Milka Duno screwup meter to 5 now :)

beachbum
21st July 2008, 15:06
An earlier poster in this thread pointed out the the camera just "happened" to be near by when this little confrontation occured. I vote for this scenario as most likely and the whole thing was staged. If true, it speaks very poorly to the IRL and the broadcast crew. WWF anyone? It sure isn't racing.With DP's history, I suspect still and video cameras follow her everywhere, and she knows it. Was it staged? Is anything about her really "real"? She didn't have her PR shadow beside her, so that seemed odd. Another site reported that the video was shot by Milka's crew, but the actual source is apparently unknown.

Someone earlier wondered why she didn't take her drink bottle. Look again, it was probably Milka's as it was sitting on the wall when Danica arrived and she moved it. There are some unwritten respect rules in racing and one is you do not move another drivers equipment, even a drink bottle, unless you are part of their crew.

Just one more case of the drama queen trying to stir up trouble. She actually did seemed shocked that Milka reacted as she did, but perhaps DP forgot how she moved Milka well off line when she passed. I suspect Milka was already not too happy and when DP refused to leave the pit, that was a spark. Ok, all the apologists can now jump all over me that Milka held DP up so she was justified in pushing Milka out of the way, but the videos are out there and clearly Milka did move over earlier in the lap, but DP didn't make the pass. If you listen carefully, Milka's English was quite good and she clearly stated she did see DP and did more over. Oddly enough, no one else seemed to have any issues with Milka at Mid-Ohio.

Rex Monaco
21st July 2008, 15:07
If any got up in my face and said. "you have no f-ing idea what you are doing" I'd have reacted just like Milka.

Danica was backpedaling in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/v/6GOIc8abOw8&hl=en&fs=1

Jason555
21st July 2008, 15:19
To the best of my knowledge Danica Patrick has led a TOTAL of THREE laps.... in her entire IRL career.... I don't hear much discussion about this from the TV talking heads.... :confused: :mad:

BobGarage
21st July 2008, 15:34
To the best of my knowledge Danica Patrick has led a TOTAL of THREE laps.... in her entire IRL career.... I don't hear much discussion about this from the TV talking heads.... :confused: :mad:

Wrong.

3 this year (all at motegi).

83 over her career.

http://www.indycar.com/stats/driver_stats.php?year=2008&driver_id=259&showCareer=1

jackmart
21st July 2008, 15:44
Ok, this whole incident was blown out of proportion. It's onn yahoo, on msn, for sure if this was two guys it would have been nothing. I guess the IRL is wrong because they were the ones who supplied the video. I don't think it is staged but that the IRL loves the publicity.

I wonder if others felt blocked by Milka because Danica made it seem like she was a hazard for more than just herself.

Ok, from reading the comments and listening to it again I have changed my feel on it. She should have NOT used the f-word, seriously, was that needed. If she honestly wanted to find out if she saw her she should have asked in a respectful way and not be so upset. I still want to see the videol of where Milka was blocking Danica does anyone have it?

harvick#1
21st July 2008, 16:06
Just one more case of the drama queen trying to stir up trouble. She actually did seemed shocked that Milka reacted as she did, but perhaps DP forgot how she moved Milka well off line when she passed. I suspect Milka was already not too happy and when DP refused to leave the pit, that was a spark.

I think she was shocked because Milka isn't a guy, Milka can push back unlike a male, who have to absorb Danica's little tyrants, Milka knows she can hit back this time and I think Danica didn't realize it. but if someone came up to me and told me "you have no clue what your doing" I'll be just as pissed off as Milka, you don't say that to a fellow competitor, I personally don't see Danica getting another ride if she leaves AGR, shes pissed off just about everyteam that this is her last team left, no one is gonna want a mid-pack level driver

HoustonCartFan
21st July 2008, 16:10
I personally don't see Danica getting another ride if she leaves AGR, shes pissed off just about everyteam that this is her last team left, no one is gonna want a mid-pack level driver

Unfortunately I think alot of people would snap her up. Sometimes winning and excellence take a back seat.

weeflyonthewall
21st July 2008, 16:21

Do you think she might throw a temper tantrum and shower you with cookie crumbs? The video made it on CBS2 Sports Central. Milka showed a lot of class and maturity in that exchange. Did DP forget people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones?

champcar72
21st July 2008, 16:31
Hey i was there Friday Sat. and Sun. and watched every practice session , Qualifying, and the race. Milka was very courtious to the other drivers whenever i saw her driving. She always kept to the outside in corners and let others by. She was slow the first day but she started getting better as the weekend went on. Danica might have been cut off 1 or 2 times but she is clearly big baby and she should just keep her mouth shut and DRIVE! She has a problem with every driver she competes with. Lets face it she is a middle of the pack driver and wants to be treated like the points leader. But it is good that the sport gets this kind of exposure. We need that!

bblocker68
21st July 2008, 16:38
i say i really havent seen anyone say "i hate danica" around here, this was a topic about milka really but hey thats what fans do we retact to rumors and it doest matter who its about really ;)

I hate Danica! There, I said it!!!! :)

I've never seen so much air time for someone struggling in 12 th place. It was quite refreshing to see her get a taste of her own medicine.

NickFalzone
21st July 2008, 16:43
Ok, this whole incident was blown out of proportion. It's onn yahoo, on msn, for sure if this was two guys it would have been nothing. I guess the IRL is wrong because they were the ones who supplied the video. I don't think it is staged but that the IRL loves the publicity.

I wonder if others felt blocked by Milka because Danica made it seem like she was a hazard for more than just herself.

Ok, from reading the comments and listening to it again I have changed my feel on it. She should have NOT used the f-word, seriously, was that needed. If she honestly wanted to find out if she saw her she should have asked in a respectful way and not be so upset. I still want to see the videol of where Milka was blocking Danica does anyone have it?

If you go to IndyCar.com and go through the videos you should be able to find the video of Milka blocking there (I believe under Mid-O practice 1 or 2). Milka is a poor road course driver, no one disputes that. Dario had major problems with her last year on the ovals, and his wife complained on tv about it. Milka has improved on ovals, but is lost on road courses, and should not be learning during major open-wheel races. That said, the way Danica handled it was unprofessional. And like I said earlier, she's well aware of tv cameras being around her at all times. Did the IRL stage this? No. Did Danica? Yes.

The instant classic
21st July 2008, 16:50

I've never seen so much air time for someone struggling in 12 th place.
i hate danica too

whats wrong danica with that 12th place finsh :(
cant win a race if its not won on gas ;)
but to be honst here she only gets so much air time cuz shes got " :eek: "
and hey i guess thats what some freak show fans want to see over racing :(
but i guess some fans want to be "hot" and see danica over a great race and finsh now aday
but for us fans that could careless for danica we all get to enjoy a great race and see danica finsh 12th

i cant belive i got a chance to post today cuz im going away on a trip so i may can post again tomorrow, sometime if i can get on my gf comp well i gtg now guys my plane leaves in like 2 hours so i better not miss it or i will be like danica crying over something..

harvick#1
21st July 2008, 16:52

I've never seen so much air time for someone struggling in 12 th place. It was quite refreshing to see her get a taste of her own medicine.

congrats, your now labeled as a Sexiest, at least thats what some people tell me because I hate Danica also :mark: the same people who don't know anything about motorsports and the driver

harvick#1
21st July 2008, 17:02
but to be honst here she only gets so much air time cuz shes got " :eek: "
and hey i guess thats what some freak show fans want to see over racing :(
but i guess some fans want to be "hot" and see danica over a great race and finsh now aday
but for us fans that could careless for danica we all get to enjoy a great race and see danica finsh 12th

Danica has what??? looks??? I'm no supermodel myself, but she isn't either, I guess because she is a racecar driver, alot of people drool over her, I for one don't, she may be work cute, but there is a major difference than "work cute" and "outside of work cute", I work in a plant, I know what this is like, its disgusting at what some people say I work with, I treat everyone with class and respect, while all they see is T&A. The IRL is gonna hurt itself in the long run if they don't tell Danica to take a chill pill, as many people are gonna start getting tired of the same crap and turn off the racing, believe it or not, but I change the channel once they start talking about their little princess who does no wrong

The instant classic
21st July 2008, 17:11
Danica has what??? looks??? I'm no supermodel myself, but she isn't either, I guess because she is a racecar driver, alot of people drool over here, I for one don't, she may be work cute, but there is a major difference than "work cute" and "outside of work cute", I work in a plant, I know what this is like, its disgusting at what some people say I work with, I treat everyone with class and respect, while all they see is T&A. The IRL is gonna hurt itself in the long run if they don't tell Danica to take a chill pill, as many people are gonna start getting tired of the same crap and turn off the racing, believe it or not, but I change the channel once they start talking about their little princess who does no wrong
i woludnt say looks, i dont want to get baned but i was saying she gets air time cuz shes got ***** i cant say the full thing i may get baned for that, but its sad that im sure thats why she gets air time, some fans dool over her cuz i dare say racing is more of a "mans sport" not many girl drivers so now that we see one its :eek: from most fans, but thats just wrong for that, i dont hate danica on being a girl that wants to race, but i anit a fan of hers,

but i agree the IRL needs to tell her take a chill pill, cuz you never know some day she may piss off the wrong driver and he may just do something back like push her and hit her,, and that wolud just hurt the IRL so much,i see the same thing happen to IRL as i saw in nascar,when jeff gordon showed up nascar look the other way on everything jeff did, seems like the IRL is doing the same for danica now :\

Easy Drifter
21st July 2008, 17:45
The male drivers (and crews) may not be able to hit 'Stompin Danica' but sooner or later another female driver, like Milka, or a female crew member may.
What would be really funny is if some driver (PT?) grabbed her and put her over his knee and spanked her. They would probably be banned but I think everyone would be laughing and cheering including Michael. :eek:

beachbum
21st July 2008, 22:27
Hey i was there Friday Sat. and Sun. and watched every practice session , Qualifying, and the race. Milka was very courtious to the other drivers whenever i saw her driving. She always kept to the outside in corners and let others by. She was slow the first day but she started getting better as the weekend went on. Danica might have been cut off 1 or 2 times but she is clearly big baby and she should just keep her mouth shut and DRIVE! She has a problem with every driver she competes with. Lets face it she is a middle of the pack driver and wants to be treated like the points leader. But it is good that the sport gets this kind of exposure. We need that!
This type of information makes a lot more sense than a couple of internet posters making claims based on a little video and personal bias. If she was really blocking, race control would have mentioned something, or other drivers would have commented. They have not.

People see different things in videos, especially if they don't know the track very well and don't recognize the corner. I am familiar with Mid-Ohio and the one video clearly shows Milka staying wide at a corner where the Princess could pass on the inside and not impact either drivers lap times. DP came along side, but she didn't pass. Instead, for some reason (the apologists claim blocking) she didn't pass until they reached a turn that has a single line and she passed Milka right at the apex and then drifted wide, forcing Milka way off line. Not a professional move. That is how I see the video. Others see it very differently.

Having worked with a number of pro racers, if they give an opening to allow a faster driver to pass and the following driver doesn't take it, they aren't going to move over again and screw up their lap. The princess was 3 seconds a lap faster (not 7-8 that one fanatic claims on another forum) and any pro driver that much quicker should be able to easily time a pass to catch the slower driver either going into a turn or coming out. Any racer who has run any endurance racing has learned that very well, since it happens every lap, if not almost every turn. Most of the IRL drivers have run endurance racing and had no issues with Milka, or AJ IV, or Marty for that matter and they all were running similar lap times at that point. Only the Princess had a problem

Princess seems to think she is special and everyone she perceives as slower should just get out of her way. Sorry, sometimes you actually have to learn how to pass people.

Rex Monaco
21st July 2008, 22:58
This was a topic in the office today. And they are casual fans at best. So maybe the IRL is doing the right thing in fanning this controversy to get free media exposure.

My money is on Milka if it ever comes to scratching and pulling hair.

Jason555
21st July 2008, 23:23
This was a topic in the office today. And they are casual fans at best. So maybe the IRL is doing the right thing in fanning this controversy to get free media exposure.

Milka also has it is the chest area........ where Danica is a no show... :p :

tstran17_88
22nd July 2008, 01:33
Danica also wants it both ways. She wants respect on the race track and claims to be just another racer out there but she uses EVERY bit of her looks and her image to suck in attention,Milka said it best to Danica, about five times, and in broken English. "You like show, you like show!!!)

Jag_Warrior
22nd July 2008, 02:36

Latinas seem to have a tendency to slap or punch. My guess is, if Milka hadn't walked away, Danica was about to get her cheek reddened or her lip split.

But yeah, either way... Danica's mouth would have FINALLY written a check that her @$$ couldn't cash.

Years ago, my favorite IRL driver was Jim Guthrie (a fine fellow by all accounts). Now, it's Milka Duno.

Milka! Milka! Milka! :D

pits4me
22nd July 2008, 03:06
I am familiar with Mid-Ohio and the one video clearly shows Milka staying wide at a corner where the Princess could pass on the inside and not impact either drivers lap times. DP came along side, but she didn't pass. Instead, for some reason (the apologists claim blocking) she didn't pass until they reached a turn that has a single line and she passed Milka right at the apex and then drifted wide, forcing Milka way off line. Not a professional move.

If she did that to PT she'll become antangled in a tirewall as a reminder of what sportmanship is all about in motor racing. Can't wait for Edmonton, that track will be a serious test for her confidence.

ezhop7
22nd July 2008, 03:34
I can't believe you guys got 6 pages on a cat fight...Maybe the ladies will agree to a WWE Jello caged match no bras for $1M!!!!!

Easy Drifter
22nd July 2008, 04:08
And 0 posts on the race!

Rex Monaco
22nd July 2008, 15:05
So maybe the IRL is doing the right thing in fanning this controversy to get free media exposure.

A friend of Milka shoots the video, the ICS slaps their logo on it and releases it on youtube and last night it ends up on Bill O'Reilly's show under the Pinhead of the Week section (he wasn't sure who was the pinhead).

Because of this, everyone in the media is talking about the ICS this week.

I wonder if Danica and Milka were ever reprimanded over this? Or maybe they were paid bonus money. Certainly CITGO has more exposure from this than from the race (thanks to Danica).

This could be the ICS angle over NASCAR. As NASCAR has cleaned up these instances to make it family friendly, the ICS can be potrayed as still being full of passion.

If they let a few fists fly, then they got themselves a real life soap opera.

Jason555
22nd July 2008, 15:16
And 0 posts on the race!

It was a boring race....... to me anyway..... :)

weeflyonthewall
22nd July 2008, 16:02
It was a boring race....... to me anyway..... :)

Primary reason CC dropped the venue besides attendance, the track is way to narrow to allow much overtaking. When they try its a crashfest. Miller has it right, Mid-Ohio overdue for a facelift.

keysersoze
22nd July 2008, 16:59
How does knowing the names of two of the largest modeling agencies in the world mean anything? As for signing with either, I'm not a "pretty boy" nor do I speak with a lisp. I did date a girl in the 90's who had signed with Ford in NY: 5'8" of exquisite Eurasian beauty. But to stay slim, she'd stick these little needles between her toes and inject this strange white substance. She'd become very mellow after that. And that ended that meaningless relationship pretty quick. But say, why does a girl wearing a bikini at a car show all of a sudden have to be a bimbo? Quite a few of the Tecate girls that used to attend the various CART races were also college students. One of the NOPI girls that we met at the Richmond event was a 4th year at the McIntire School.

Just because I met a Ford model who was a heroin user, that doesn't mean I think they all are (though I hear it's fairly common among that set). And maybe not every NOPI chick could get into the McIntire School (Wahoo-wah, wahoo-wah, hoo-rah-ray, hoo-rah-ray!). All that's been said is that some of us don't go for the waifish, little lad look.

P.S. I bet I know what you're thinking: "What's the McIntire School?" :p :

It means two things, JAG:

1) Their notion of "attractive" is a Hooters or NOPI chick, and for the sake of the discussion, that would be anyone who would parade their figure as these women do (particularly the ones who've had "help") and actually HOPE that guys will whistle at them, construction-worker style. In doing so, these women get to have their moral authority questioned, which qualifies them for bimbo status. And incidentally, whether someone has gone to, or even finished college, has little to do with the bimbo label.

2) It also means that I like to point out the irony in guys on this forum whose suggest they are somehow superior because a woman with features like Danica aren't good enough for them. (It's ironic because I'm quite convinced that no one has ever paid them money for their looks.)

And FWIW, Danica is not my type, either.

dataman1
22nd July 2008, 17:11
I wonder if Danica and Milka were ever reprimanded over this? .

I have tried to find a link for the statement without any luck. On today's Indy Channel 13, WTHR, NBC affiliate, the sports reporter this morning at 6 AM news quoted Brian Barnhart as saying that Milka was wrong and should have given way in the practice session. He was also upset at Milka for throwing the towel at the princess. No comment made related to Danica's behavior.

pits4me
22nd July 2008, 18:18
I have tried to find a link for the statement without any luck. On today's Indy Channel 13, WTHR, NBC affiliate, the sports reporter this morning at 6 AM news quoted Brian Barnhart as saying that Milka was wrong and should have given way in the practice session. He was also upset at Milka for throwing the towel at the princess. No comment made related to Danica's behavior.

Here we go, Brian showing his princess pride once again. sheesh. NASCAR slaps their drivers with big fines for expletive deletives. Danica gets a gentle pat on the backside. Hmmmmm. You have to wonder what the course workers are thinking about Brian's statement. Milka reportedly yielded to Danica but she waited too long and to pass. When DP was ready to pass Milka, it was in a narrow portion of the circuit.

The issue I see here is how little Miss hissyfit storms up to the CITGO pit expecting an ounce of respect when she spouts off like she did. Brian should consider washing her mouth out with soap. Personally, I can't fault Milka for throwing in the towel, Danica was lucky it wasn't a right hook.

gofastandwynn
22nd July 2008, 18:54
Milka showed a lot of class and maturity in that exchange.

Wee, you get more and more out there with every post. Who was it that started throwing stuff out there? Who did Danica raise her voice? Milka showed class & maturity? If she showed class & maturity she would realize she is a hazzard on the track and have Townsend Bell in the car.

A lot of people seemed pleased that Milka Duno threw a towel in Danica Patrick’s face following their shouting match at Mid-Ohio.

And while Patrick’s propensity to confront people rubs a lot of folks the wrong way, she did exactly what every driver in the paddock (except Mad Dog Marty) wanted to do: tell the hopelessly slow and out-of-her-depth Duno to watch her mirrors or get off the track. She’s got no business in an Indy car and we all know that, but when she finally hurts somebody because of her lack of ability and awareness, well then it’s too late, isn’t it?

gofastandwynn
22nd July 2008, 19:05
Here we go, Brian showing his princess pride once again. sheesh. NASCAR slaps their drivers with big fines for expletive deletives. Danica gets a gentle pat on the backside. Hmmmmm. You have to wonder what the course workers are thinking about Brian's statement. Milka reportedly yielded to Danica but she waited too long and to pass. When DP was ready to pass Milka, it was in a narrow portion of the circuit.

The issue I see here is how little Miss hissyfit storms up to the CITGO pit expecting an ounce of respect when she spouts off like she did. Brian should consider washing her mouth out with soap. Personally, I can't fault Milka for throwing in the towel, Danica was lucky it wasn't a right hook.

What deleted expeletive did Danica say again?

Have you seen the on track video?

And Pits, don't you think that the media this brings should affect discipline of drivers?

harvick#1
22nd July 2008, 19:33

as I said, its bad in the long run, so I guess Danica can go up to everyone and go off on them, Brian takes her everyword, as she went running to him right after the war of words with Duno. She is a plague to the IRL and while for some reason people go ga-ga over her, shes just a a little crybaby and needs to leave, the racing and the integrity of the ICS would increase dramaticly.

garyshell
22nd July 2008, 19:56
Wee, you get more and more out there with every post. Who was it that started throwing stuff out there? Who did Danica raise her voice? Milka showed class & maturity? If she showed class & maturity she would realize she is a hazzard on the track and have Townsend Bell in the car.

Milka did, right after she was told she had no ***** idea what she was doing out there. Would you not raise your voice, after that exchange? Would you not throw the towel in your hand? Come on, it was a towel! As someone else said, the princess is lucky it was not a right hook.

Where does Danica get the right to march into someone else's pit box, rearrange the items on the wall and use such expletives? And then say oh I was only trying to talk to her. Oh please, a little less drama ok there princess? For once someone talked back to her, told her to leave, she didn't and she got a towel thrown at the pit wall where here arm was sitting.

Gary

downtowndeco
22nd July 2008, 20:14
A seven page thread about basically a non event leads me to believe a couple things;

Some "fans" have had it in for Danica ever since she went to the IRL instead of CC. Go back a few years and read the posts if you don't believe me. She went from darling to tramp overnight in their eyes.

Some "fans" who would like to see the IRL fail have it in for Danica because she helps the IRL. Anything they can do to help bring the IRL down is a positive in their eyes.

Some "fans" are simply jealous of her success.

Again. I'm glad she's in the IRL. She helps AOWR. And I question the true motives of anyone who continually tries and knock her down for the slightest of miscues, real or imagined.

gofastandwynn
22nd July 2008, 20:26
Milka did, right after she was told she had no ***** idea what she was doing out there. Would you not raise your voice, after that exchange? Would you not throw the towel in your hand? Come on, it was a towel! As someone else said, the princess is lucky it was not a right hook.

Where does Danica get the right to march into someone else's pit box, rearrange the items on the wall and use such expletives? And then say oh I was only trying to talk to her. Oh please, a little less drama ok there princess? For once someone talked back to her, told her to leave, she didn't and she got a towel thrown at the pit wall where here arm was sitting.

Gary

The key thing the, Milka doesn't know what she is doing out there. I don't remember anyone complaining when Ashley Judd said the the Milka needed to be parked and was a hazard, and it is Danica's fault that she said it to her face?

I will say this Gary, after I cranked my speakers all the way up I did hear "-king idea what you are doing out there". (Kinda like -king Hiro." Would you have wondered what gives Emmo the right to say that?)

Rearrange items in the pit box? What D&R's equipment did she touch? She touched the cord from a headset, and the towel after hit was thrown in her face. You make it sound like the was flipping over tool chests and knocking everything off the pit wall. Give me a break...

garyshell
22nd July 2008, 21:01
The key thing the, Milka doesn't know what she is doing out there. I don't remember anyone complaining when Ashley Judd said the the Milka needed to be parked and was a hazard, and it is Danica's fault that she said it to her face?

I don't remember Ashley walking up to a driver and say "you have no ***** idea what you are doing out there" and then wondering why someone didn't "just want to talk". Danica was not there to just talk, as she claimed, she was there to be a drama queen. Milka recognized that and told her so and then asked her to leave.

I will say this Gary, after I cranked my speakers all the way up I did hear "-king idea what you are doing out there". (Kinda like -king Hiro." Would you have wondered what gives Emmo the right to say that?)

The same right that Danica had to say it, if she wanted. The drama came when Danica recoiled because she got a reaction from Milka for using the language. Emmo would have known damn well what to expect if HE said it to Hiro's face. Danica expected to "just talk'. What a joke. No sorry, what BS!

Rearrange items in the pit box? What D&R's equipment did she touch? She touched the cord from a headset, and the towel after hit was thrown in her face. You make it sound like the was flipping over tool chests and knocking everything off the pit wall. Give me a break...

This was mentioned elsewhere. There is an unwritten code, that says you don't touch a drivers stuff. Look what Kimi did to a photographer a few weeks back. Danica moves a water bottle of some other insignificant piece of gear so she can lean over the wall a bit.

I am not defending Milka's on track actions. But I am defending her off track actions when confronted in this way. If Danica had HONESTLY wanted to "just talk" this would have been very different. It could have been done in a different place in a different way. But Danica wants, or sure as hell appears to want, the added drama of doing these things in plain view of the folks wielding cameras and tape recorders. Her choice, her consequences.

Gary

SoCalPVguy
22nd July 2008, 21:12
I think the Princess Danica has hit more people in the pits than Milka...

gofastandwynn
22nd July 2008, 21:28
I don't remember Ashley walking up to a driver and say "you have no ***** idea what you are doing out there" and then wondering why someone didn't "just want to talk". Danica was not there to just talk, as she claimed, she was there to be a drama queen. Milka recognized that and told her so and then asked her to leave.

Oh, so then she is better since she didn't say it to her face, says the person posting anonymously on an internet message board. Makes sense.

This was mentioned elsewhere. There is an unwritten code, that says you don't touch a drivers stuff. Look what Kimi did to a photographer a few weeks back. Danica moves a water bottle of some other insignificant piece of gear so she can lean over the wall a bit.

It appears to be Danica's water bottle (notice how it matches Danica's suit).

Oh, you mean like you don't take somebody front wing and place it on the front tires? Since "there is an unwritten code, that says you don't touch a drivers stuff."

I am not defending Milka's on track actions. But I am defending her off track actions when confronted in this way. If Danica had HONESTLY wanted to "just talk" this would have been very different. It could have been done in a different place in a different way. But Danica wants, or sure as hell appears to want, the added drama of doing these things in plain view of the folks wielding cameras and tape recorders. Her choice, her consequences.

Gary

Was this taken by the press? No, it was stated it was by somebody in Milka's crew, so I am SURE she was playing to the them :rolleyes: .

I know exactly how Danica felt. I feel it racing all the time. It is the last session before qualifying, you need to see if the changes you made have added some speed for knockout qualifying, and you have somebody who is a hazard and doesn't have what it takes to be out there starts holding you up and ruining your laps. Now you have part of a session ruined and no time left to go back out and try it again. Maybe she was just an upset racecar driver who has the cameras on her all of the time.

gofastandwynn
22nd July 2008, 21:39
I think the Princess Danica has hit more people in the pits than Milka...

What anti-Danica spin that it. Justin Wilson hit a member of his pit crew at Mid Ohio on friday, didn't hear a peep about that...

I also think Milka has been parked by race control a lot more than Danica, nor do I remember Milka ever getting a Top 10.

Rex Monaco
22nd July 2008, 21:48
I think this is a sad commentary on where the ICS is currently. That the ICS used this so called cat fight to get media exposure, shows just how desperate they are for any type of media coverage.

But it worked. And look how many media outlets are still talking about it.
http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&tab=wn&ned=us&q=danica+milka&ie=UTF-8&scoring=n

downtowndeco
22nd July 2008, 22:01
I think this is a sad commentary on where the ICS is currently. That the ICS used this so called cat fight to get media exposure, shows just how desperate they are for any type of media coverage.

But it worked. And look how many media outlets are still talking about it.
http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&tab=wn&ned=us&q=danica+milka&ie=UTF-8&scoring=n

Oh for gods sake get a grip. Has NASCAR ever shown an altercation between it's drivers? Of course they have. Does that mean NASCAR is desperate? How about the NFL? Have they ever played up a rivalry or bad blood? Damn straight they have. Is the NFL hurting?

This whole thread is about one thing. Jealousy. The longer it goes on the smaller and more petty some of you look.

Easy Drifter
22nd July 2008, 22:04
There is a slight difference between invading someones pit box and moving ANYTHING that belongs there and crashing into a pit of another team and then having a member of that team return your wing to you, albiet in a not very friendly manner. Note the pit invader was the same person in both cases. :rolleyes:

Rex Monaco
22nd July 2008, 22:10
Oh for gods sake get a grip.

I've never seen NASCAR take a tape from a private party, slap their logo on it and pimp it to the media.

garyshell
22nd July 2008, 22:17
Oh, so then she is better since she didn't say it to her face, says the person posting anonymously on an internet message board. Makes sense.

Did I say a word about Ashley being better? No, I was talking about Danica's claim that she "just wanted to talk". You chose to then try to twist it into a discussion of Ashley. Nice try, thanks for playing. By the way, in case you have not noticed, I am one of the few folks here NOT posting anonymously. How about you???

It appears to be Danica's water bottle (notice how it matches Danica's suit).

Oh, you mean like you don't take somebody front wing and place it on the front tires? Since "there is an unwritten code, that says you don't touch a drivers stuff."

And what does a crew member moving a piece of DEBRIS in a hot pit, have to do with the situation under discussion. Oh wait, I know.... NOTHING. I can't say whose bottle it was, I only relayed what was said elsewhere.

Was this taken by the press? No, it was stated it was by somebody in Milka's crew, so I am SURE she was playing to the them :rolleyes: .

And Danica knew that the camera running was not a press camera how? And even if she did, as I said before there are ways to "just talk" that insure that you can indeed talk and do so in private.

I know exactly how Danica felt. I feel it racing all the time. It is the last session before qualifying, you need to see if the changes you made have added some speed for knockout qualifying, and you have somebody who is a hazard and doesn't have what it takes to be out there starts holding you up and ruining your laps. Now you have part of a session ruined and no time left to go back out and try it again. Maybe she was just an upset racecar driver who has the cameras on her all of the time.

And did you go up to the driver and tell them "you have no ***** clue what you are doing out there"? Did you still have all your teeth afterward?

Look, Milka has a license and the league allows her to be out there. If she ruins anyone's lap that is just part of the day at the races. Likewise, Danica has a license and the league allows her to be out there. And if she marches down pit lane and chews out another driver in full view of any and all that care to watch, that too is just a part of the day at the races. But just like Milka has to understand that there are consequences for her on track actions, the little drama queen needs to understand that there can and will be consequences for her off track actions.

Gary

weeflyonthewall
22nd July 2008, 23:48

Too much koolaid mr.go? Fox Sports Kevin Hench put it this way.

Inevitably every professional sports league will be confronted by a story it wishes would just go away.

Embarrassment must be minimized. Damage control exercised at all times. Sweep it under the rug, hope there's no video and move on.

When serial confronter Danica Patrick stepped to Milka Duno on Saturday in her latest it's-really-all-about-me drama, the IRL didn't hesitate to post the video on its website.

A different league might worry that its star's extracurricular antics were detracting from the results on the track, but when you preside over an interest-starved sport, you can't be too choosy about what constitutes good publicity. Whether Danica is clipping another team's crew member in pit row, posing for a scantily clad pictorial or delivering one of her finger-wagging lectures on how to drive to an opponent, IndyCar understands that Danica, no matter how boorish, sells.

It's no accident that her driver page in the IndyCar media guide includes a picture from her Sports Illustrated swimsuit shoot. One league's hot-headed problem child is another's promotional campaign.

What the IRL has in Patrick is 100 pounds of TNT (T, I said, TNT) with an anger management problem. The diminutive Danica — mini driver? — got physical with Dan Wheldon last year and famously stalked down pit row in pursuit of Ryan Briscoe at this year's Indy 500. (Danica's bad weekend in Ohio didn't get any better when she finished 12th while Indy nemesis Briscoe won on Sunday, a result that was predictably overshadowed by video of Danica vs. Milka.)

When you're just over 5-feet tall it may be hard to pick on someone your own size, but on Saturday at least Danica sought out someone who has actually won fewer races than she has for one of her impromptu tutorials.

Duno, however, turned the tables on Patrick, twice throwing a towel in her face as Danica demanded an explanation for what she considered obstructive driving during qualifying.

"You like show, you like show, go away from here!" the Venezuelan Duno, a part-time driver in the series, barked at Patrick. Perhaps this should become the standard dismissal for all drivers who find themselves on the receiving end of one of Danica's public castigations. (Gee, for someone who has won one race in four seasons, she sure seems to have a lot of wisdom to share with her fellow drivers.)

Patrick would later claim that she had merely approached Duno to ask whether she'd seen her when Duno cut her off during qualifying on Saturday. Patrick failed to mention that she had embroidered her inquiry with some colorful and pointed language.

Danica may have intended to take Duno to the woodshed, but her fellow female driver wasn't interested in hearing her lecture.

"She came to my team and our pit box in a very bad way with bad words ... if you come in a nice way, perfect we can talk," explained Duno after the contretemps. "If you come in a bad way, you are going to find my bad side. I don't like drama and I told her, 'Go away, you are not welcome.' She can push the guys because they cannot do anything to her, but she cannot push me."

After taking the second towel to the face, a stunned Danica said, "It's not my fault you're slow." Oh, snap.

Of all people, Danica might have understood the risk in confronting another female racer. Milka Duno may not be the world famous star Patrick is, but she must share her toughness and fearlessness to compete on the highest level in a sport and world dominated by men.

Compared to her attempt to upbraid Duno, shoving Wheldon last year was a walk in the park.

While other leagues might play down their loose cannons, the IRL knows that it has one true transcendent star. She may win only once every ... every ... uh, career? But Danica Patrick has the biggest name in the smallest frame in IndyCar.

So the sport not only abides her churlish confrontations, it promotes them. Danica is all too ready to be the first to cross the line (except the finish line, of course) and IndyCar wants the eyeballs she attracts when she does something besides finishing 12th. Footage of someone finishing out of the top 10 won't get people talking about open-wheel racing, but a catfight is another story.

The sad part is that this was supposed to be the season when everything changed, when Danica's on-track accomplishments got as much attention as her sexy photo spreads. But since she became the first woman to win an IndyCar race with her victory in Japan in late April, the last three months have been a disappointment.

After wrecking — or being wrecked — at Indy, Patrick incurred the wrath of two separate drivers following a race in Iowa last month. Points leader Scott Dixon called her a "menace" and Ed Carpenter accused her of doing her "normal supreme block job."

Sounds kind of like what Patrick went to chastise Duno about on Saturday. In racing, it seems what goes around comes around.

Look for your own link.

weeflyonthewall
22nd July 2008, 23:52
But just like Milka has to understand that there are consequences for her on track actions, the little drama queen needs to understand that there can and will be consequences for her off track actions.

Gary

Tony Cotman where are you? What was your redress of the PT vs Tagliani incident? Can't wait to see the diminutive princess take on the likes of Tracy.

gofastandwynn
23rd July 2008, 00:05
Did I say a word about Ashley being better? No, I was talking about Danica's claim that she "just wanted to talk". You chose to then try to twist it into a discussion of Ashley.

All I saw Danica do was talk, when didn't throw. You might not like the rhetoric, but all she did was talk. And if Milka was as mature, maybe she should have had a retort other than the international slow loser excuse of "If you were so much faster then pass me," which is 2nd to "It's not fair."

It is a discussion about Danica having the balls to do somthing somebody should have done, that Ashley did as well.

And Danica knew that the camera running was not a press camera how? And even if she did, as I said before there are ways to "just talk" that insure that you can indeed talk and do so in private.

Well, besides the fact that the media badges & clothing usually gives it away, this isn't the 80's technology anymore. Look at the size of industrial TV cameras ESPN & media outlets use, then look at the size of the personal camcorders at Best Buy. Big difference, not to mention not having a report with a mic or sound guy around

And did you go up to the driver and tell them "you have no ***** clue what you are doing out there"? Did you still have all your teeth afterward?

Look, Milka has a license and the league allows her to be out there. If she ruins anyone's lap that is just part of the day at the races. Likewise, Danica has a license and the league allows her to be out there. And if she marches down pit lane and chews out another driver in full view of any and all that care to watch, that too is just a part of the day at the races. But just like Milka has to understand that there are consequences for her on track actions, the little drama queen needs to understand that there can and will be consequences for her off track actions.

Gary

Yes I did, and yes I did.

I do understand what you are saying Gary, I just don't think she overreacted any worse that Milka did.

gofastandwynn
23rd July 2008, 00:15
Too much koolaid mr.go? Fox Sports Kevin Hench put it this way.

Oh, yea, nothing better than a sports writer who dosen't write about racing to chime in. Why don't you get Jim Rome's opinion next.

Still waiting to hear from you on how Milka showed more maturity. Was it the throwing of the towel the 1st or 2nd time?

jackmart
23rd July 2008, 01:32
Ok, there was a post that said Brian did talk to Milka and another said he did not. Does anyone know which one is correct?

I am a Danica fan and I must say she approached this all wrong. I know she was upset BUT going up to milka and saying do you know what the f you're doing, is NOT the same as saying, did you see me trying to pass you. Milka should NOT have thrown the towel in her face but at least she didn't use foul language. I have changed my position and think Milka was better than Danica but both could have taken a higher road.

Lastly, interesting how everyone thought this was staged by Danica in the begining but Milka, who wants no "show" was rather quick to get the video out there.

Also, where does it talk about Justin hiting someone in the pits. I can't find that anywhere.

gofastandwynn
23rd July 2008, 03:27
Also, where does it talk about Justin hiting someone in the pits. I can't find that anywhere.

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/indycar-mid-ohio-friday-notebook//P2/

COFFEEN OK AFTER CLIPPING

Veteran Newman/Haas/Lanigan chief mechanic Tim Coffeen suffered minor injuries this afternoon when he was clipped by the front wing of Justin Wilson’s car entering the pits. Coffeen was treated for cuts and abrasions at the track medical center and released – indeed, he was back working in the NHLR pits by the end of the session.

“The pit boxes are really, really short,” explained Wilson. “I tried different lines coming into the boxes and one time I came in I clipped Tim’s (Coffeen) knee with the front wing and knocked him over. It’s not a nice thing to have happen to him. I felt really bad and am glad he is OK and was back on his feet and working on the car by the end of the session.”

beachbum
23rd July 2008, 03:32
Too much koolaid mr.go? Fox Sports Kevin Hench put it this way.....

That about covers it. But this discussion will go on forever as each side entrenches their position, throws out spurious comparisons, blames others, ad nauseum. The Danica! show is slowly becoming a side show. If her competitiveness slips much more, in a couple years she will be a footnote, and race fans can go back to talking about racing. Imagine that.

jackmart
23rd July 2008, 05:30
I know this thread is crazy long but that's beccause it has become such a huge story. So in reading comments on the vid at espn someone said there was acutally a fist fight between two men Sunday at Indy Lights. Yet again, I can't find this anywhere. Did anyone hear this?

I feel bad for Duno at this point, here is an article about the incident at indycar.com

Less than 24 hours after ESPN aired the pit road verbal dust-up between Danica Patrick and Milka Duno during the Honda Indy 200 from Mid-Ohio, there were more than 66,000 searches on YouTube for the video.

Why? All 66,000 could not have been guys looking for video of a motorsports cat fight. Was it because it was between two female racers? Probably.

My colleagues, Marty Reid and Scott Goodyear, weighed in on the issue after the footage was aired and their take was that they wished that the two had taken their differences to the garage instead of on pit road. Hogwash!

All that Danica did was what hundreds of drivers before have done -- asked a fellow driver what they were thinking or doing out on the track. There was no confrontation … initially. Danica was asking Milka if she saw DP.

But, out of the blue, Milka went "Charo" and started yipping like a Chihuahua. Go ahead. Go to YouTube and listen carefully.

D.P. - "Did you see me out there?"

M.D. - Yip, Yip Yip ….

D.P. - Did you see me?

M.D. - Yip, Yip

I leave it to each of you to write down an exact transcription, but the bottom line is that Patrick was in the right in this one. Milka overreacted. The same way that Danica overreacted at Indy when she started down pit road to give Ryan Briscoe a piece of her mind.

But because it involved Danica, everyone is in a feeding frenzy. And folks are split in their opinion.

Patrick is refreshingly old school. He father, T.J., taught her to settle her differences with fellow drivers person to person. Don't go running to the officials. State your opinion and get things resolved. That's Danica and that's good. She looks at driving the same way that A.J. and Mario did in their day.

But Danica also acknowledges when she is wrong and seeks out the person or persons that might have been affected. When she spun on pit road and slid into Scott Dixon's pit at Watkins Glen, Patrick sought out Ricky Davis immediately following the race and offered her apologies. Is there a negative bias by some media folks when it comes to D.P.? I'm beginning to believe so.

I understand fans. They have their favorites. I don't know why some media want to roast Patrick every chance they can. It might be because she does not tolerate their foolishness. If she does not make time for each and every one of them then she is a @#tch. When she went winless, they carped that she was overrated and whispered Ana Kournikova.

"At 100 pounds," they wrote, "Patrick has an unfair advantage." Then, when asked about the Indy Racing League's decision this season to institute ballast rules, these same media members crowed that Danica's limited displeasure over the rule change was sour grapes.

After her Japan victory, they dwelled upon the fact that it was a successful fuel strategy that won. Is there anything that they like about Patrick?

I like what Danica Patrick brings to the IndyCar Series. I admire the fact that she has asked for no quarter and celebrate that she gives none.

Hang in there, D.P. Keep doing what you do.

However, it was Milkas people who leaked this to the media. I saw an interview with Danica after the race and it reminds me of this article in that people miss the fact she confronted her using the F word, first sentence out of her mouth. Milka maybe should not have thrown a towel in her face but Danica isn't respecting her at all. I can begin to see why everyone here hates her but she doesn't really control the media, it's not her fault.

MAX_THRUST
23rd July 2008, 11:17
Its really no big deal this, (watched it on the IRL website). Any news is good publicity good or bad. A Cat fight between two women just shows how sexist we still are as a society, and that Motorsport is still very much a male orientated sport. As for right and wrong, neither really did them selves any favours, as for mocking Milkas use of the english language makes me laugh. You try and speak her first language!!!

I felt sorry for the team, who are embarresed by Milkas poor showing I'm sure, but in fairness I liked the guy who blocked DAnica from Milka by turning his back to Danica. Simply says go away. DAnica suffers from small man syndrome, and feels she has to be tougher than tough to not be walked over. Being polite and gentlemanly, oh and racing hard would be more effective.

So whos side do i take.......neither, same as I did when TAgs and PT got at it. Emotions run high. I'm sure Danica knew she was being filmed.

MAX_THRUST
23rd July 2008, 11:19
Sorry to any small men out there!!!! I've had to deal with alot of small man syndrome in my life, being over 6ft and over 17stone, every little bugger wants to fight you.....

garyshell
23rd July 2008, 16:08
Sorry to any small men out there!!!! I've had to deal with alot of small man syndrome in my life, being over 6ft and over 17stone, every little bugger wants to fight you.....

Hey wait a second, some of us "little buggers" have more sense than that. :D

Gary

(Five foot seven.)

weeflyonthewall
23rd July 2008, 17:38
Still waiting to hear from you on how Milka showed more maturity. Was it the throwing of the towel the 1st or 2nd time?

Why bother? Gary said it for me in post #130. This isn't even a worthwhile debate. You see things a certain way and thats it. :imubash: You can argue 'til the cows come home but that doesn't change the fact Danica's little tirades are nothing more than publicity stunts to keep her in the spotlight when her performance on the race track is mid-pack at best. Since when was she qualified to tell everyone else how to drive? Is she also looking for credit for Briscoe's win as his professional coach? ;)

Gary

downtowndeco
23rd July 2008, 18:21
Why bother? Gary said it for me in post #130. This isn't even a worthwhile debate. You see things a certain way and thats it. :imubash: You can argue 'til the cows come home but that doesn't change the fact Danica's little tirades are nothing more than publicity stunts to keep her in the spotlight when her performance on the race track is mid-pack at best. Since when was she qualified to tell everyone else how to drive? Is she also looking for credit for Briscoe's win as his professional coach? ;)

Mid pack? Running 6th in the points puts 21+ other drivers behind her. Hardly mid pack.

Bob Riebe
23rd July 2008, 20:25
Mid pack? Running 6th in the points puts 21+ other drivers behind her. Hardly mid pack.
Remeber the team she drives for; plus they HAVE to make SURE her car is the bestest or they get bad publicity for treating her as a second class citizen.

There is a VERY intereting thread in the idrt track secton at T***** about Jac Haudenshild and how he and some other open wheel boys were treated by the IRL teams back in '97.

Rather eye opening to those who thnk that the return of the CART boys is why the open wheel drivers have been excluded.

Had JH had the chances Patrick has, it would have been very different.

downtowndeco
23rd July 2008, 22:12
Remeber the team she drives for; plus they HAVE to make SURE her car is the bestest or they get bad publicity for treating her as a second class citizen.

There is a VERY intereting thread in the idrt track secton at T***** about Jac Haudenshild and how he and some other open wheel boys were treated by the IRL teams back in '97.

Rather eye opening to those who thnk that the return of the CART boys is why the open wheel drivers have been excluded.

Had JH had the chances Patrick has, it would have been very different.

"But but but......."

Give it a rest already. She's a decent driver. People like her. Get over it.

Bob Riebe
23rd July 2008, 23:06
"But but but......."

Give it a rest already. She's a decent driver. People like her. Get over it.
Drop the infatuation, she is an average driver on a very good team.

Get over the fact she is no better than average and her results show ii.
Put her in Milka's car and Milka would look good.

downtowndeco
23rd July 2008, 23:46
Drop the infatuation, she is an average driver on a very good team.

Get over the fact she is no better than average and her results show ii.
Put her in Milka's car and Milka would look good.

I've never said she was another A.J. Foyt or Mario Andretti. No one has. But she's a decent driver that knows how to bring the car home in one piece. Her much more experienced teammate (Kannan) is only a couple of places in front of her in the points, her other teammate (Andretti) is behind her.

I swear. She could be winning every third race, leading the points and win the championship and some of you would still say "Well, what do you expect? She's got the best car, anyone could do it".

Easy Drifter
24th July 2008, 03:41
We all seem to realize that Milka is not really compentent and you can be da---d sure all the drivers know it. I am sure several of them, if not all, except for Marty, have had problems with her. So why does 'Stompin Danica' decide she and only she should confront Milka? :vader:

speeddurango
24th July 2008, 04:00
Who confronted whom, what cat fight? I suggest anyone should have seen the whole incident before making any comments. Who's being rude, or throwing towels at your fellow drivers without even thinking about what your driver's saying and kept being rude all the way. There has been absolutely nothing wrong on Danica's part. And how this topic changed tone to bashing DP is completely beyond me, I've seen just a couple of posts above mine has gone as far as saying Duno drives quicker than DP? I mean, WTH, I'm not singing praise for DP or whatever here, but if this topic hasn't sunk as low as Duno's act in the pit that day but certainly not far from it if it keeps going like this.

Bob Riebe
24th July 2008, 04:05
Who confronted whom, what cat fight? I suggest anyone should have seen the whole incident before making any comments. Who's being rude, or throwing towels at your fellow drivers without even thinking about what your driver's saying and kept being rude all the way. There has been absolutely nothing wrong on Danica's part. And how this topic changed tone to bashing DP is completely beyond me, I've seen just a couple of posts above mine has gone as far as saying Duno drives quicker than DP? I mean, WTH, I'm not singing praise for DP or whatever here, but if this topic hasn't sunk as low as Duno's act in the pit that day but certainly not far from it if it keeps going like this.
Patrick is a hissy-fit moron, what did you expect Dunno to do, say "thank you ma'm, may I have another?"
Your defense of her is as lame as Patrick's attitude.

garyshell
24th July 2008, 04:44

You did watch the video, right? And you did hear the expletive bleeped from Danica's initial comment as soon as she walked up to the pit box? The comment "you have no ***king idea what you are doing out there" engendered exactly the sort of reaction from Milka that is would have from any one of us. "Nothing wrong on Danica's part", you have to be joking.

Gary

Rex Monaco
24th July 2008, 04:59
Who's being rude...

Walking up to someone and telling them they have no f-ing idea what they are doing is considered rude behaviour.

Throwing a soft object, such as a towel, at the person would be a natural reaction to this type of provocation.

robbin' shiller
25th July 2008, 00:22
Hmmm. There is a point in the video, right after Our Darling Danica is politely pleading "I just want to talk to her about it", where she gestures with a finger on her right hand.

I've looked at it several times on a wide screen, and it seems pretty clear that her index finger is curled down. So which finger did she use?

Hmmmm.

jackmart
25th July 2008, 00:58
Hmmm. There is a point in the video, right after Our Darling Danica is politely pleading "I just want to talk to her about it", where she gestures with a finger on her right hand.

I've looked at it several times on a wide screen, and it seems pretty clear that her index finger is curled down. So which finger did she use?

Hmmmm.

But she is saying 3, I really think she is showing three fingers.

She still is wrong for approaching Milka with the F word.

SoCalPVguy
25th July 2008, 04:21
Princess danica needs to throw a hissy fit at her crew... she's 1.5 sec. behind the leader and PT in a one-off / cast off / forst time effort is only 0.4 sec. behind leader.

Or maybe she needs a hissy fit at herself... "Self, what the ***** are you doing... your too *****ing slow..."

Easy Drifter
25th July 2008, 04:41
And the concrete runways are too thick for her stompimg to do any damage! :D

jackmart
25th July 2008, 05:21
I think she says it's not my fault your slow, not your ***** slow. But reports keep saying that the latter.

gofastandwynn
25th July 2008, 06:19
Thought I would post Robin's Q&A questions on Danica vs. Milka

Q: With Danica's latest blowup at Mid-Ohio (she was right to be upset, but did it in the wrong fashion.......AGAIN) and you mentioning on the SPEED Report about Kanaan wanting some stipulations in his next contract if he were to stay at AGR, am I crazy to think that one of those stipulations would be that AGR doesn't re-sign her when her contract is up after 2009?

Damon in Hilliard, Ohio

RM: I think AGR would be crazy since she brought $21 million from Motorola, but she might want to go somewhere else and her dad might shop her to NASCAR (the IRL would have to intervene and make sure she doesn't leave). But don't get on her for doing what every driver has wanted to do to Charo.
Q: Do you believe that Danica should (or will) be punished for her behavior at Mid-Ohio? The video clearly captures Danica using inappropriate language on (at least) two times during her conversation with Milka Duno. Was her behavior in violation of IndyCar Series rule 8.3.A?

Glenn Watts, Pompano Beach, Fla.

RM: If a driver ever gets fined for cussing, we have more problems than I even imagine. Cussing and racing are synonymous. Milka didn't like the salty language and none of the drivers appreciate her lack of talent and awareness. No, DP should not get fined – she should actually be thanked.

Q: I'm sure four out of five e-mails this week are about the Danica-Milka dust-up. I can understand enduring an impromptu driving tutorial from Kimi Raikkonen or Scott Dixon, but Danica Patrick? She has one win in four years and the odds of her getting that second win are dropping in an exponential proportion to the IRL's rate of adopting road races. I know you don't think highly of Milka, but at least she's confident enough not to endure Danica's faux indignation and a worthless lecture on better driving. Compare the way Kimi Raikkonen responded when Lewis Hamilton drove his McLaren up the backside of Raikkonen's Ferrari and the way Danica Patrick responds to every perceived slight.

Steamed Steve

RM: I've said it a couple times already but I have no problem with DP confronting Charo about her hazardous driving. The fact Raikkonen didn't smack Hamilton or at least chew his ass out makes me think they just don't make drivers like they use to. Confrontation is part of motorsports.

Q: I am getting really tired of Danica’s outbursts at other drivers. Ms. Patrick has not exactly been “lighting it up” on the track, and so maybe she feels that she must have these frequent outbursts to stay in the public eye. I was pulling for her to do well when she first came into the IRL, I thought she was a great story and would help to build the IRL fan base. I will be watching this weekend’s Edmonton Rexall Indy to see if Ms. Patrick happens to cross paths with Paul Tracy – that should make for some real fireworks.

Todd Armitage, Sedgewick, Alberta

RM: Had there not been somebody standing in Milka's pit with a little video recorder, that incident would have been seen by only a couple crew members and probably been a line in a notebook instead of international news. Danica didn't stomp down the pits and make a public scene, she walked behind the pits and confronted Charo face-to-face, which I always applaud (instead of complaining to a reporter or having your PR person fight your battles). It's just too bad that overshadowed the race, but that's our YouTube way of life today.

Q: I've been a Danica Patrick fan since her Toyota Atlantic days and I know she has a lot of talent -– she's quick on ovals, but is average on road courses, and struggles on street courses. On they other hand she's the most consistent driver on the team, never puts the car in the wall and is 5th in points and not to mention brings a lot of money in to the team. I'm pretty sure her contract is up at the end of next year. Do you think that AGR well renew her contract or if they do not were do you think she will go, or will she give that naughty n word a try (NASCAR)? I know that AGR has a great driver in Raphael Matos in the Indy Lights, I think if they don't renew her contract he will replace her. What do you think?

Jeremiah Liller

RM: Well, she ran good on road and street courses in the lighter Atlantic cars and, other than a couple races last year, she has struggled on those types of tracks. Ovals have definitely been her strong suit. If Motorola stays with her (or if she has somebody else wanting to sponsor her), I think AGR would definitely want her back. But her dad may shop her to NASCAR. Hope he talks to Franchitti, Hornish, Allmendinger and Carpentier before he makes that mistake.

Q: Count me as one who believes that Danica is getting a bad rap on this Milka Duno incident. My first reaction was that it would be fun PR for IndyCar. But then I became a little disturbed when watching "Take One" on the IRL's supposed media partner, ESPN. Skip Bayless and the rest of that panel dissed Danica and talked about how "tired they are of her act," all along proving to us how little they know about racing. They got caught up in it being "another Danica incident," oblivious to the fact that Milka was at best negligent in her driving; maybe even worse. This is sexism, pure and simple. If a male driver rightfully headed to another's pit after that kind of driving to ask what gives, do we really think it would be news? Let alone spun as the better driver's fault? (As I'm writing this, NBC5 news in Chicago is all over the incident during their sportscast. Perhaps the "Take One" experts should realize what a golden goose Danica is!)

Michael Vicari, Chicago

RM: I agree with your assessment. As for Skip Bayless, why would anybody care what he said about football or basketball, let alone auto racing? He is so phony on that show, he makes Rusty Wallace look sincere.

Q: If you remember back to Chicagoland last year, Ashley Judd yammered on to the press about Milka Duno's driving. Yet not a single driver said anything about it. After Milka balked Danica multiple times over the course of three practice sessions at M-O Danica went down to Milka's pits and tore her a new one. Could you pass along a message to Danica at Edmonton this week? Tell her that Dario wants his stones back! Tell her to drop them off with Ganassi if he has a forwarding address.

The Redteam

RM: Like I said earlier, every driver has wanted to tell Charo to pay attention. I'll pass along your message as well.

Q: I am a longtime fan of your sarcastic/honest approach to the problems of open-wheel racing in the U.S. First off, a big AMEN to ALMS/IRL weekends, it would be an easy sell and who knows might lead to some crossovers. OK, to Danica's latest whine fest, granted Milka does not belong, but it seems she's developing a real case of "Andrettiitis", in other words it's always someone else's fault if she has trouble, and like her boss used to do in the latter stages of his career, she likes to whine, and pout. Hey Danica, show us you're a racer, and shut us up. I'd love to see it, but I doubt it. She's the Kenny Wallace of the IRL, no talent and a big mouth.

Kevin McKenna

RM: I disagree. She showed plenty of moxie on the ovals the past two years, although not nearly as competitive this season as 2007. Sure she probably whines too much but that's kinda the mantra of today's driver isn't it? She's not the best driver out there but she can race and she's got heart and she is good for open wheel. End of sermon.

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/robin-millers-mailbag-for-july-23//P1/

jimispeed
25th July 2008, 07:57
It's actually kind of comical!! Danica sounds like she says "You have no ******* idea what you're doing out there.

It looks like she has a point though!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U57mzNE6hhU

CARTDM15
26th July 2008, 06:10
I've never said she was another A.J. Foyt or Mario Andretti. No one has. But she's a decent driver that knows how to bring the car home in one piece. Her much more experienced teammate (Kannan) is only a couple of places in front of her in the points, her other teammate (Andretti) is behind her.

I swear. She could be winning every third race, leading the points and win the championship and some of you would still say "Well, what do you expect? She's got the best car, anyone could do it".
I will explain it this way.Their are eight cars that are head and shoulders above every one else.You would agree with that? She is fifth out of eight.Thats what makes her average and on road course she is below average.

CARTDM15
26th July 2008, 06:16
A seven page thread about basically a non event leads me to believe a couple things;

Some "fans" have had it in for Danica ever since she went to the IRL instead of CC. Go back a few years and read the posts if you don't believe me. She went from darling to tramp overnight in their eyes.

Some "fans" who would like to see the IRL fail have it in for Danica because she helps the IRL. Anything they can do to help bring the IRL down is a positive in their eyes.

Some "fans" are simply jealous of her success.

Again. I'm glad she's in the IRL. She helps AOWR. And I question the true motives of anyone who continually tries and knock her down for the slightest of miscues, real or imagined.
She wasn't a "brat" when she was in Atlantics.She didn't whine like she does now.Maybe thats why people don't like her.I think she is jealous that her teammates are faster, including a rookie.

Jag_Warrior
26th July 2008, 23:13

True, some might say that Downtown. But if Danica ever wins a championship (in ANY formula), and I don't care if she used a current Ferrari F1 car and raced in Star Mazda, I would give her some props.

But all I see is an average driver in a great car producing decent results... but no where near championship level. If not for her gender and drama queen act, Danica Patrick would be nothing more than a face in the crowd in the racing world.

On another note, Robin Miller keeps saying that T.J. is shopping The Danica around in NASCARland. Other than finding Ivanka Trump naked & anxious in my hot tub, I'd look forward to the day that Danica tried her hand in NASCAR Cup more than anything else. The NASCAR team that would take her on would likely be so hard up for sponsor cash, they wouldn't have the points necessary to guarantee her a starting spot. I think it should happen. NASCAR is where the hype would hit the wall. And what a beautiful day that would be. :s mokin:

AGR should call her (T.J.'s) bluff. Even if she did go to NASCAR, she'd be back at the gates of IMS in less than a season, IMO. Whipped and humbled, her asking price would be more in line with her on-track skills.

Jag_Warrior
26th July 2008, 23:49
Q: I'm sure four out of five e-mails this week are about the Danica-Milka dust-up. I can understand enduring an impromptu driving tutorial from Kimi Raikkonen or Scott Dixon, but Danica Patrick? She has one win in four years and the odds of her getting that second win are dropping in an exponential proportion to the IRL's rate of adopting road races. I know you don't think highly of Milka, but at least she's confident enough not to endure Danica's faux indignation and a worthless lecture on better driving. Compare the way Kimi Raikkonen responded when Lewis Hamilton drove his McLaren up the backside of Raikkonen's Ferrari and the way Danica Patrick responds to every perceived slight.

Steamed Steve

RM: I've said it a couple times already but I have no problem with DP confronting Charo about her hazardous driving. The fact Raikkonen didn't smack Hamilton or at least chew his ass out makes me think they just don't make drivers like they use to. Confrontation is part of motorsports.

I realize that Robin gets a kick out of trying to be witty & crude much of the time - trying to prove that he has an edge about him. But as has been discussed elsewhere, this constant reference to Duno as "Charo" is troubling to some. Why Charo? Early on, I remember that Charo was a very decent guitar player. But later in life, she became a sort of female Latin version of Stepin' Fetchit: a stereotypical caricature of Latinas.

I'm not into the politically correct thing. But when I'm referring to a Jewish person, I wouldn't refer to him as "Goldstein" if that wasn't his name. If I was referring to a Black woman, I wouldn't refer to her as "Shaniqua" if that wasn't her name. And by the same token (pardon the pun, Robin), I wouldn't refer to a Latina as "Charo", since that's not her name. Just an observation...

As for Kimi Raikkonen and Lewis, maybe Kimi displayed the control that a championship level world class driver would. I'm sure some others would have become more animated. But neither Milka nor Danica is anywhere near Lewis or Kimi's level of talent and skill. Lewis was in the wrong for the Canadian GP incident. Milka was in the wrong during the IRL practice session. But losing one's cool over a practice session incident, where there was no contact between the cars, that screams "bush league" to me. And for a so called professional journalist to apply a stereotypical name to someone, that screams "redneck" to me.

SoCalPVguy
27th July 2008, 00:04
I wouldn;t want to be in the AGR hauler after THIS race (princess taken out by daddy;s (theam owner;s) boy, nobody lettingthe senior fastes team mate through.... Ouch. hissy fits all round.

Jason555
27th July 2008, 00:15
I wouldn;t want to be in the AGR hauler after THIS race (princess taken out by daddy;s (theam owner;s) boy, nobody lettingthe senior fastes team mate through.... Ouch. hissy fits all round.

I would have loved to have seen the after race interview.... but the IRL doesn't get much air time at the end of a race.... Has anyone seen any interviews with the "princess"..... Where does the IRL come up with some to the tracks they run on anyway???? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Rex Monaco
27th July 2008, 16:32
I'm not into the politically correct thing. But when I'm referring to a Jewish person, I wouldn't refer to him as "Goldstein" if that wasn't his name. If I was referring to a Black woman, I wouldn't refer to her as "Shaniqua" if that wasn't her name. And by the same token (pardon the pun, Robin), I wouldn't refer to a Latina as "Charo", since that's not her name. Just an observation...

If a male driver (Jewish or not) sounded like Jerry Sienfeld, I could see it happening and not think it was racist.

If a female driver (black or not) sounded like Whoopie Goldberg, I could see that happening too, and not think it was racist.

If a male driver sounded like Jay Leno (white or not), I could see that happening as well, and not think it was racist.

And if a whiny female driver acted like a princess...whoops wrong analogy.

Because of the accent, only a latina would sound like Charo. And it's that aspect that makes it seem like a racial thing to some people.

Jag_Warrior
27th July 2008, 17:34
If a male driver (Jewish or not) sounded like Jerry Sienfeld, I could see it happening and not think it was racist.

If a female driver (black or not) sounded like Whoopie Goldberg, I could see that happening too, and not think it was racist.

If a male driver sounded like Jay Leno (white or not), I could see that happening as well, and not think it was racist.

And if a whiny female driver acted like a princess...whoops wrong analogy.

Because of the accent, only a latina would sound like Charo. And it's that aspect that makes it seem like a racial thing to some people.

A friend of mine in college had a thick New Jersey/Italian accent. We went to a frat party together and some drunk twit heard him talking and said, "Hey, Guido." The problem was, his name wasn't Guido. Two punches to the face later, the other fellow realized that as well.

I've spoken with Duno on several occasions and she doesn't sound like Charo to me. My ex-fiance from Peru (raised in Spain) didn't sound like my girlfriends from Mexico or Panama - and none of them sounded like Charo. So no, calling a Latina "Charo" (if that's not her name) isn't something I'd suggest doing, especially if she's with her boyfriend or husband. And doing as Jack Arute did, referring to Milka Duno as a Mexican dog, a Chihuahua, would surely cause someone to get his eyes dotted.

Test my theory this way... go up to a Jewish guy where you work and say, "What's up, Seinfeld?" Find a Black woman and say, "How's it going, Whoopi?" Find a White guy with a southern accent and ask him if he knows David Duke. And to top off the day, find a Latina and say, "¿Que pasa, Charo? Coochie! Coochie!" When you get out of the HR office (or the nurse's office), post back and let us know how that works out. ;)

Like I said, I'm about as far from PC as you can get. But I would think there would be a higher level of grammatical professionalism among so called "journalists" (Miller or Arute) than what is common among message board posters.

BTW, I heard ol' Rocco ("Guido") eventually became a medical doctor. Breaks a guy's jaw twenty some years ago and now he can fix a broken jaw. Ironic, huh?

Rex Monaco
27th July 2008, 19:48
And to top off the day, find a Latina and say, "¿Que pasa, Charo? Coochie! Coochie!" When you get out of the HR office (or the nurse's office), post back and let us know how that works out. ;)

On a regular basis, I say "¿Qué onda, weda?" to a young latina at work. But I can say that because I respect her and she respects me.

If I did say, "¿Que pasa, Charo? Coochie! Coochie!", her reaction would be, "Who the heck is Charo?"

After showing her a few youtube videos of Charo, she'd say "Hey jefe, I don't have an accent! Why'd you call me Charo?" To which I would then have to admit that I said it for no reason other than to be racist.

I have gone out with a girl from Ecuador and girl from Baja California (as well as a few American born latinas). Neither of them sounded like Charo, despite their heavy accents.

Had I told either of them they sounded like Charo, they might have punched me in the arm and called me a gringo. Then we would have gotten some Cuban food and watched a Dodgers game.

Not all latinas are violent or vindictive, that's just a stereotype. ;-)

I've seen David Duke on TV news shows, and if I recall, he does not have a heavy southern accent. Regardless, the better analogy would be Jeff Foxworthy, since David Duke is not known as a comedian or entertainer and the KKK association would be the reason for the offense.

Lastly I have been called Donny Osmond and Peter Brady when I was young and Jimmy Kimmel and Shrek in my later years. I'm not sure any of them were compliments, but hitting somebody over it would be very immature on my part. I'm sure your friend has grown up and doesn't brag about being a drunken frat party brawler to his clients.

Jag_Warrior
27th July 2008, 21:18
On a regular basis, I say "¿Qué onda, weda?" to a young latina at work. But I can say that because I respect her and she respects me.

If I did say, "¿Que pasa, Charo? Coochie! Coochie!", her reaction would be, "Who the heck is Charo?"

After showing her a few youtube videos of Charo, she'd say "Hey jefe, I don't have an accent! Why'd you call me Charo?" To which I would then have to admit that I said it for no reason other than to be racist.

I have gone out with a girl from Ecuador and girl from Baja California (as well as a few American born latinas). Neither of them sounded like Charo, despite their heavy accents.

Had I told either of them they sounded like Charo, they might have punched me in the arm and called me a gringo. Then we would have gotten some Cuban food and watched a Dodgers game.

Not all latinas are violent or vindictive, that's just a stereotype. ;-)

I've seen David Duke on TV news shows, and if I recall, he does not have a heavy southern accent. Regardless, the better analogy would be Jeff Foxworthy, since David Duke is not known as a comedian or entertainer and the KKK association would be the reason for the offense.

Lastly I have been called Donny Osmond and Peter Brady when I was young and Jimmy Kimmel and Shrek in my later years. I'm not sure any of them were compliments, but hitting somebody over it would be very immature on my part. I'm sure your friend has grown up and doesn't brag about being a drunken frat party brawler to his clients.

The point being, if you use a "comical" stereotype or negative caricature in speaking about someone, who is not a friend or at least a close acquaintance, you very well might be opening a can of worms. Your intent will likely be questioned. I call a "friend" of mine gatita - but I wouldn't suggect that a stranger greet her by that name. If someone did greet her by that, and she didn't react negatively, I'd have a few questions of my own that would need to be answered pretty quickly. But do you believe that Miller's intent was to joke around with Duno, in calling her Charo... or just to be a crude a-hole? Would he call her Charo to her face... in front of her husband? How about Jack Arute, in likening her to a barking Mexican dog, while also referring to her as Charo? Do you think he'd have the ba!!s to do that to her face? In both cases, I doubt it. IMO, that's not only offensive, but also very unprofessional, given the lack of familiarity and context. Their choice of words might make one think that they are no more qualified to have the jobs they do than the average message board poster in the same position.

As for Rocco, I have no idea what he talks about with his patients. His belly is bigger now, but he still looks like he could go a couple of rounds if he needed to. I doubt that he shares much of anything about his personal life or past with them - why would he? But last year was our 20 year reunion and we dredged up all of the old stories... that we could remember. What we couldn't remember, we drank some more and made up. Nothing sadder than a bunch of middle aged guys reliving the past, hyping stories about girls, fights and roadtrips. And when the wives or girlfriends wandered off, there was the inevitable "Hey man, whatever happened to Cindy/Maria/Billi/Janet/Heather, etc.???" The older we get, the faster we were. :s mokin:

And the guy with the glass jaw, I wouldn't remember him if he walked up to me tomorrow. But I bet there is a guy out there somewhere that has never again called an Italian guy he doesn't know, Guido. It's just not a cool thing to do.

Rex Monaco
27th July 2008, 21:32
The point being, if you use a "comical" stereotype or negative caricature in speaking about someone, who is not a friend or at least a close acquaintance, you very well might be opening a can of worms. Your intent will likely be questioned.

The rules are different for celebrities and others who are in the public eye.

I don't think that calling Milka 'Charo' is being done for racist reasons, and I think that Milka is mature enough to handle it.

However I do agree that it is inappropriate to call a female a dog, whatever the breed maybe. But if you do, then in fairness you should also call Danica a Cocker Spaniel.

garyshell
27th July 2008, 21:44
But if you do, then in fairness you should also call Danica a Cocker Spaniel.

I was thinking more along the lines of a Jack Russell Terrior. You know, the little dog that is convinced it is a big dog.

Gary

Jag_Warrior
27th July 2008, 23:09
The rules are different for celebrities and others who are in the public eye.

That's what Jimmy The Greek, Don Imus and Kelly Tilghman (the Golf Channel announcer) thought too.

I don't think that calling Milka 'Charo' is being done for racist reasons, and I think that Milka is mature enough to handle it.

In both cases, it seems that it was meant to be demeaning or degrading. Combining Arute's comment concerning the Chihuahua with his Charo tirade, to say that wasn't at the very least xenophobia would be a stretch, IMO.

Yeah, she could probably take a punch too - but that wouldn't make it right. I saw her brush off a rude guy who made a crude comment about her chest during an autograph session (with kids all around!). So I'm sure that she's experienced worse. And I'm sure that she's mature enough to handle it. But that's not the point.

However I do agree that it is inappropriate to call a female a dog, whatever the breed maybe. But if you do, then in fairness you should also call Danica a Cocker Spaniel.

But we all know that's not going to happen. N.O.W., Hillary Clinton and Jane Fonda would be on that case in no time flat.

After a little run in, I've had a low opinion of Jack Arute for many years. This just cements my feelings about his lack of professionalism. With Miller, he's just Miller. I don't expect that much from him anyway. But at least he doesn't try to portray himself as much more than the hack that he is.

weeflyonthewall
28th July 2008, 16:23
I was thinking more along the lines of a Jack Russell Terrior. You know, the little dog that is convinced it is a big dog.

Gary

That would explain the tirades.

ChampUSfan
28th July 2008, 16:56
Before Danica complains about Milka, or another driver, she sould complain at herself...

inthemarbles
28th July 2008, 22:59

Hmmmm.

Oh how I long for the days when we used to zoom in on things that happened on the track...you know, like "The Pass" or a cool pit stop or a close finish.

Dudes! Can everyone just take a Midol or something so we can get back to racing?! All of this Danica stuff is starting to freak me out.

pits4me
28th July 2008, 23:27
I know, I know, we were all waiting with baited breath to see her storm down and give Marco a mouthful. She probably remembered who signs her pay check.

Since when did Queen Danica get permission to NOT follow team orders and let TK by. SOme say its an internal matter for Team Turmoil to resolve.