PDA

View Full Version : WRC Coverage Changed in Australia - 28th 1PM SBS

Mitch555
27th January 2007, 03:08
Yes it is true, Channel Ten no are no longer broadcasting the World Rally Championship. It is now being broadcasted on SBS! Seems SBS have gotten friendly with ISC and Eurosport through Dakar coverage, seems like SBS is now the home of Motorsport!

The WRC is this Sunday - TOMORROW - At 1PM

Many TV guides will say it's Speedweek but infact its the WRC halfway through. Hope this news doesn't inconveniance anyone :S

FIA WORLD RALLY CHAMPIONSHIP
Season 2007
From Jan 28 @ 1pm

SBS Television has announced a three year deal with International Sportsworld Communicators (ISC), the global media and commercial rights holder for the WRC (FIA World Rally Championship), through its TV sales and distribution agency Sportfive, to show WRC, ensuring the event remains on free-to-air television.

As early as Sunday 28 January @ 1:00pm, SBS will broadcast a one hour highlights programme of the first round of the FIA World Rally Championship 2007 from Monte Carlo.

The FIA World Rally Championship is, after Formula 1, the second most popular televised four-wheeled motorsport. Worldwide audience figures for WRC have grown consistently in recent years up 44% since 2002 to an accumulative audience during 2005 of 800 million viewers across 186 countries.

“The WRC is such a high quality production, featuring the most experienced drivers and gruelling roads throughout the world which makes for great entertainment for our audiences.”

“In the SBS tradition of broadcasting THE major events for the sporting genres it covers, such as the Tour de France (cycling), IAAF World Athletics Championships and the FIFA World Cup in football, a recognisable global event of the calibre of the WRC only serves to complement the SBS Sport programming line-up,” said SBS TV’s Head of Sport, Ken Shipp.

Adding to its current stable of Sunday motor sport, and following on from the successful Speedweek programme at midday, the 2007 FIA World Rally Championship highlights commence on SBS Television on Sunday 28 January and will be scheduled at 1:00pm on the following dates, in line with the 16-round calendar:-

:: Sunday 18 February
:: Sunday 25 February
:: Sunday 18 March
:: Sunday 8 April
:: Sunday 13 May
:: Sunday 27 May
:: Sunday 10 June
:: Mid-season review on Sunday 17 June.

The WRC will then resume on:-

:: Sunday 12 August
:: Sunday 26 August
:: Sunday 9 September
:: Sunday 14 October
:: Sunday 21 October
:: Sunday 4 November
:: Sunday 25 November
:: Sunday 9 December
:: End of year review on Sunday 16 December.

SBS World Sport

ST205GT4
27th January 2007, 03:21
****! I'm going to have to buy a recorder. I'm out doing a motorkhana on Sunday and I'll be busy taking motorsport photos with a group I've just started working with for most other weekends from now on.

Daniel
27th January 2007, 10:33
Exellent. Now you guys don't need to listen to Bill Woods or Leigh Diffey or Greg Rust when you want to get your dose of WRC. I think it's a good thing.

GigiGalliNo1
28th January 2007, 08:24
NOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I missed it!!!! NOO anyone recorded it onto DVD!? or their HDD and could send me?!?!? Please?! Anyone?

Will have to d/l it now as well but if someone has, that would be great! Thanks.

/// a t t

Christina
28th January 2007, 13:13
Dude!! that's why it's not been showing up on the ten programme list!! arrgghhh!!

ST205GT4
30th January 2007, 07:34
Hmm I missed it as well. Was it actually on at 1pm in WA? Time to check sbs.com.au I think.

GigiGalliNo1
30th January 2007, 07:40
I got some really good HQ D/L from the net good stuff. Got it in my reminder thingo so remind me about the eps on SBS soon! Anyone know if ESPN that we get in Aus will broadcast the WRC because I know it's from HK but Fox has it on FXSprts 1,2 & 3 but SelectTV don't have ESPN yet do they?

Daniel
30th January 2007, 08:25
You mean you guys don't get it on Eurosport, ITV and S4C? :s mug:

:s mokin:

GigiGalliNo1
30th January 2007, 08:28
We only get it on SBS, Fox Sports 1,2 & 3. Foxtel don't show the European version of Eurosport. SelecTV (competitor of Foxtel) show Eurosport but from Asia, which don't broadcast WRC but ESPN does but not the version showed in Australia.

Incrimn8r
3rd February 2007, 06:28
As long as channel bittorrent still provides the programs I don't care who televises it! :P

Daniel
14th February 2007, 09:05
As long as channel bittorrent still provides the programs I don't care who televises it! :P
Bad bad man ;) :p

GigiGalliNo1
14th February 2007, 09:09

Yeh I am doin the same cept I'm going to remember this sunday!

DatsunFan
20th February 2007, 12:25
Anyone know if RPM will be on this year or not? I wonder how Leigh Diffey has been enjoying commentating the ladies golf. Bit of a change from V8 Supercars.