PDA

View Full Version : Here's a good story.......

jimispeed
19th July 2008, 08:16
From the Atlantic series......

Atlantic Points Leader Junior Strous Chases Thieves Through Dutch Hometown
July 18, 2008

INDIANAPOLIS (July 16, 2008) - While most of his fellow competitors in the 2008 Cooper Tires Presents The Atlantic Championship Powered by Mazda have been spending the time between last month's race at Mont-Tremblant and next weekend's doubleheader at the Rexall Edmonton Indy working on their fitness program or getting some rest and relaxation, points leader Junior Strous had a bit of an adventure in his hometown of Wassenaar, The Netherlands.

Approximately two weeks ago, Strous was awoken at 3 a.m. by the alarm at his family's Shell fuel station, which is adjacent to his home in the suburb of The Hague. Strous looked outside to find three burglars and the Dutchman quickly sprang into action.

"I jumped out of bed, got dressed and ran next door," Strous explained. "Three burglars stormed out of the shop with a bag full of stolen goods and jumped into a waiting getaway car. They sped off in the direction of Amsterdam. I jumped into our BMW M3 and started to pursue them. What followed was a real exciting street race, and while driving at full speed, I called the cops. The thieves were getting very nervous because I pushed and pushed, so at the end of the motorway, they braked too late and crashed their car into a lamppost.

"The three thieves jumped out of the car and ran away. I also jumped out of my car and started to pursue them. Luckily, the cops were there at the same time as me and they put a police dog on their trail. Before I knew what was happening, the dog attacked one of the thieves and was biting him. What a fantastic way to catch a thief! Great dog! Lucky for us, all the stolen goods were still in the car and all three thieves were taken into custody by the police. It was great work by the local police force, and I want to thank them for their quick reaction."

Next week, Strous will return to the cockpit of his No. 6 Shell/HTP/Muermans Group/Red, White & Bluezz machine for Condor Motorsports/Team Holland alongside his fellow Atlantic Championship competitors for Rounds 4 and 5 of the 11-race season at the Rexall Edmonton Indy. Strous currently leads the Atlantic point standings by seven, 74-67, over Canadian racer James Hinchcliffe and Finnish rookie Markus Niemela.

Round 4 of the season and Race 1 of the doubleheader weekend is scheduled for Friday, July 25 with the second half of the doubleheader slated for Saturday, July 26.

The Atlantic Championship is the longest-running open-wheel driver development series in North America and celebrates its 35th Anniversary season in 2008. The series is noted for its long history of graduating its drivers into the top levels of motorsport throughout the world, including IndyCar champions such as Bobby Rahal, Danny Sullivan, Michael Andretti, Jacques Villeneuve, Jimmy Vasser, Greg Ray, Sam Hornish Jr. and Dan Wheldon, Indy 500 winners such as Sullivan, Rahal, Villeneuve, Buddy Rice, Wheldon and Hornish, and Formula One world champions such as Villeneuve and Keke Rosberg. In 2008, Atlantic graduates will battle for race victories and championships in top North American series such as the Indy Racing League IndyCar Series, the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, the American Le Mans Series and the Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car Series in addition to various other series all over the world.

21st July 2008, 08:17
I agreed in building person's viewpoint, Maple Story Mesos (http://www.cheapmesos.com) thought your viewpoint is very novel, wow gold (http://www.wowgold.ws) also said that your idea has the value very much,thanks!