PDA

View Full Version : Forsythe to Indy lights

BobGarage
15th July 2008, 16:34
http://www.globesports.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20080715.wsptirl14/GSStory/GlobeSportsOther/home

The bumpy ride for the Atlantic Championship may get a bit rougher as series co-owner Jerry Forsythe is expected to announce today that he's setting up shop in the arch-rival Indy Lights Series.

Mad_Hatter
15th July 2008, 17:04
Despite what it may say in the initial posting, Forsythe has not turned a wheel at Chicargo, or any other track for that matter, in a Honda power Dallara.....

I knew this quote was particularly specific in wording, but I was thinking FCR might be testing Cosworth powered dallaras.

Maybe PT was a little too quick with his trigger.

On the atlantics, a drastic change in direction is probably be in its future.

Chamoo
15th July 2008, 17:27
I knew this quote was particularly specific in wording, but I was thinking FCR might be testing Cosworth powered dallaras.

Maybe PT was a little too quick with his trigger.

On the atlantics, a drastic change in direction is probably be in its future.

Yea, unless it's one of the Chevworth's, I doubt they would be running at Chicagoland. Also, if they were running at Chicagoland, someone would know about it, aside from being rumours.

MDS
15th July 2008, 21:38
Yea, unless it's one of the Chevworth's, I doubt they would be running at Chicagoland. Also, if they were running at Chicagoland, someone would know about it, aside from being rumours.

I was the one who posted the original thread where Trinksuk said that they haven't been testing.

What I heard was it was James Hinchcliff testing in a Dallara, and that it was at the now shuttered Chicago Motor Speedway, not Chicagoland. I'm pretty sure they could get away with testing there quietly as the track is quiet and somewhat out of the way. What my source didn't specify is if it was an ICS or IndyPro Dallara.

In light of this announcement I think its probable Hinchcliff was logging laps in an Indypro chassis. With this announcement does anyone doubt that Forsythe is planning on returning to the ICS in 2009 or 2010?

It's also possible they had him running laps in a Cosworth Lola they held on to for testing purposes.

nigelred5
16th July 2008, 16:59
Has anyone asked Hinch himself? He's usually pretty open.

File a freedom of information act request with the mayor of Hinchtown :)