ShiftingGears
14th July 2008, 14:32
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/69144

TOgoFASTER
14th July 2008, 15:44
More manufactured increased excitement. :eek: Zzzzzzzzzz

gravity
14th July 2008, 17:21
They should bring their full range to the circuit and let the teams decide on the compounds they want for the race.

Hawkmoon
16th July 2008, 10:07
I think this is a good idea. I don't mind the tyre rules as they stand but have always felt that there should be a greater difference between the two types.

I hate it when you get the drivers saying things like "there's little difference between the two" when talking about tyres on a GP weekend.

Hamilton, for example, seems to avoid the softer option as he seems to suffer from tyre degredation more than Kovalainen. Heidfeld has struggled with tyres all year.

With these rules we may see the drivers having to adapt to another variable and that may prove to be an entertaining thing indeed.

SGWilko
16th July 2008, 10:19
They should bring their full range to the circuit and let the teams decide on the compounds they want for the race.

Common sense indeed. :up:

wedge
16th July 2008, 12:18
I think this is a good idea. I don't mind the tyre rules as they stand but have always felt that there should be a greater difference between the two types.

I hate it when you get the drivers saying things like "there's little difference between the two" when talking about tyres on a GP weekend.

Hamilton, for example, seems to avoid the softer option as he seems to suffer from tyre degredation more than Kovalainen. Heidfeld has struggled with tyres all year.

With these rules we may see the drivers having to adapt to another variable and that may prove to be an entertaining thing indeed.

Very much agree.

You have to applaud Bridgestone for coming up with good tyres.

There's only 4 compounds to choose from and I don't think it would be worth it.

If you're talking about bringing multiple compounds to a GP much similar to tyre testing as in the tyre war days then that could be a logistical nightmare.

Plus I don't like the idea of bespoke compounds for different teams therefore optimising the car and detriment the racing.

ArrowsFA1
16th July 2008, 15:53
Isn't it likely that the greater the differences between the tyre options the more likely the teams are to chose the same tyre, and so making little or no difference to the racing?

As we've seen in the past competition between tyre manuafacturers can make a real difference, but that's no longer an option :dozey:

Oli_M
16th July 2008, 16:14
Errrrr what happens next year with the Slicks - obviously they can't put a white line on them coz, well, it will come off! White walled tires - much like Champ Car had when we had "Reds" and "Blacks"?

Mysterious Rock
17th July 2008, 08:46
well i remember bridgestone saying it was too hard as a soft could be the the next races hard tyre, so surely something like

Super Soft Dark Blue
Soft Light Blue
Medium Light Green
Hard Dark Green

All these would be destinguisable surely, or shall i get my coat