PDA

View Full Version : Driver Sponsorship - FBMW

waitey
14th July 2008, 03:00
Hey Guys,

Firstly, I know this isn't about F1 and I'm aware the mods will want to move it but please can this perhaps stay as I need as many people to see this as possible. So please bare with me and spend just 1 or 2 minutes reading the information below as in some ways it is linked to F1 through the ladder progressing to the top of the sport!

Im a 19yr old driver from Australia trying to sort out some more sponsorship for my racing career at this stage in Formula BMW Pacific.

Obviously the cost of racing is extremely high and I need all the support I can get. I managed to finish in the top 5 of the Formula BMW Pacific Scholarship Trials at the Sepang F1 Circuit in Malaysia last December. Unfortunately, only the top 3 were to receive scholarships but I was told by BMW of their belief in me considering I was the only driver of that top 5 to not have completed 3 weeks testing prior to the trials but instead 1 day. In my 1 day of testing at the Sentul International Circuit (Indonesia) and my excellent results at the FBMW Scholarship Trials at the Sepang Circuit I have been able to lap faster than succesful karters with multiple championships to their name, most of those national. This despite just a short career in karts here in Australia myself.

I have been speaking with many teams and was actually invited to meet with the BMW Sauber F1 Team and Dr Mario Theissen at the Australian Grand Prix where we discussed where I could go in my career. It is clear that I am a young driver with much potential and upside and to be so quick with not much experience I believe I can go a long way if given the opportunity.

I'm chasing as much sponsorship as I can and currently trying to compete in just the remainding events this season, even if its one or two to prepare for next season. The series will race at the upcoming Singapore F1 GP and also the Chinese F1 GP and the Macau GP offering sponsors exciting benefits.

If anyone here, just anyone, has any connections and would be able to help me out in any way, it would be much appreciated. Any financial assistance helps and I will be extremely grateful for your support.

So if anyone has any connections please email me at [email:3i6aq51e]dylan.young89@hotmail.com[/email:3i6aq51e] and I will send you some more information and a sponsorship proposal on the many benefits of partnering me in this fantastic Formula BMW Pacific series and beyond.

I am extremely determined to achieve and most importantly ensure my sponsor's investments deliver unrivalled returns.

At this stage I have some sponsorship but the hardest part is always getting the first budget up and away and then I can hopefully do the rest on the track. As I said, any assistance helps!

I look forward to some emails guys!

Thanks for your time and please mods if this can be left so as many people as possible view this as I'm working very hard at the moment to pursue the sponsorship!

Best Regards,

Dylan Young

Ranger
14th July 2008, 03:28
Send emails to as many companies as you can.

Drivers who came from humble beginnings like Schumacher and Webber got where they were based on talent (duh) and a lot of hard work. Schumacher negotiated with executives by himself as a late teenager. Webber spent many, many hours sending faxes (which can't be copied like emails can) to as many companies as possible.

waitey
14th July 2008, 03:38
I sure do mate!

When i'm not working or studying I'm ringing companies and so forth all day.

This is just another way I thought I could branch out if any of the members here had any connections business wise!

Thanks for the advice mate and I will keep on searching, am about to contact some people right now.

ShiftingGears
14th July 2008, 03:47
I sure do mate!

When i'm not working or studying I'm ringing companies and so forth all day.

This is just another way I thought I could branch out if any of the members here had any connections business wise!

Thanks for the advice mate and I will keep on searching, am about to contact some people right now.

If you deliver them letters, tie an egg on the top of it so they won't be tempted to bury your letter amongst all their other mail :D