PDA

View Full Version : Help from the Computer wizards of the forums

ozrevhead
13th July 2008, 10:50
I need help from the Computer wizards of the forum

1. Java and the F1 live timing

Cant get the formula.com live timing working - all other java applications are working exept for this one...
The code I get when I open the Java Console is:

load: class uk/co/aspectgroup/f1app/f1app.class not found.
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: uk.co.aspectgroup.f1app.f1app.class
at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadCode(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.createApplet(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin.AppletViewer.createApplet(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.runLoader(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

2. ActiveX

I always seem to get this message when Im using ActiveX

Messenger Games requires ActiveX objects in order to play. Please verify that you have the ablity to install ActiveX objects on this machine and relaunch your game

And yes I have don that twice for no luck

HEEEEELLLLLLLLLLPPPPPP!!!

Valve Bounce
13th July 2008, 10:57
I don't know what everyone else has done to overcome this problem, but I found it rather complex. In my limited knowledge, I decided to erase all my Java programs, and there were many. I have Cyberscrub, and I used the search function to find the Java programs, and I was astounded how many there were in my PC.
So, I erased them, one by one, even rebooting my PC in between where prompted to do so.
Then I re-downloaded and updated Java in one go and, touch wood (as I tap my head), Live timing works. Alternatively, if you do not want to download all the Java and upgrades, but just enough to start live timing, then once you have erased all the Java programs, click on live timing, and it will tell you that you have to download Java, and give you a link where to do so. Good luck!!

ozrevhead
13th July 2008, 12:43
I don't know what everyone else has done to overcome this problem, but I found it rather complex. In my limited knowledge, I decided to erase all my Java programs, and there were many. I have Cyberscrub, and I used the search function to find the Java programs, and I was astounded how many there were in my PC.
So, I erased them, one by one, even rebooting my PC in between where prompted to do so.
Then I re-downloaded and updated Java in one go and, touch wood (as I tap my head), Live timing works. Alternatively, if you do not want to download all the Java and upgrades, but just enough to start live timing, then once you have erased all the Java programs, click on live timing, and it will tell you that you have to download Java, and give you a link where to do so. Good luck!!
oh i did better than that - i formatted and reinstalled windows and then before any other program I installed the latest version of Java - same unhappy result

Roamy
13th July 2008, 18:04
http://www.java.com
download the last Java VM for you operating system - follow on screen instructions. If that fails buy a Mac.

Daniel
14th July 2008, 13:24
What OS are you running OZ? :)