Use this thread to talk about the race.
Possibility of rain.
The way the Target var looks with blue.
Accidents.
Rants.
Great passes.

icehammer97
13th July 2008, 01:03
What a horrible start. If at least the fornt row isn't even side by side don't throw the green.

jarrambide
13th July 2008, 01:14
I was trying to see any reason for Marco loosing the car, but no, he just lost the car.

turbo-engine
13th July 2008, 01:15
And Marco did it again

jarrambide
13th July 2008, 01:25
Warning for blocking, I hate the blocking rule, what is wrong with racing?, blocking is part of racing, yes, I do get that some blocking moves can cause an accident, but trying to get almost rid of blocking altogether I just donīt like.

icehammer97
13th July 2008, 01:26
It looks like Danica has finally found a way to have a good set up for races...... just use a teammates set up! She has actually looked good this race except for when she tried to make the pass and lost two spots. At least when she blocked Dixion he didn't lose a spot.

icehammer97
13th July 2008, 01:30
What happened to Camera and AJ IV? Both are down many laps much more then just being slow.

jarrambide
13th July 2008, 01:42
To rain or not to rain?, and if yes, when?, should I safe fuel?, Should I tbet for a very short race?

icehammer97
13th July 2008, 01:47
Why does the IRL run here?? Can't pass even to lap a guy. This better not be on the schedule next year.

gm99
13th July 2008, 02:23
Wow, big gamble by the Ganassi drivers to not pit under the last yellow - if they have to pit under green and the race isn't stopped before that, they will loose out big time.

jarrambide
13th July 2008, 02:33
And there we have it, the dancing with the stars comment.

icehammer97
13th July 2008, 02:55
Wow, big gamble by the Ganassi drivers to not pit under the last yellow - if they have to pit under green and the race isn't stopped before that, they will loose out big time.

Sounded like Dixion couldn't get in so for him (at least in his words) it was not the call for him to not pit.

indycool
13th July 2008, 03:03
...and he got lucky.....

MDS
13th July 2008, 04:03
Honestly I'm glad I didn't make the trip, wouldn't have been worth the drive up from Atlanta.

NickFalzone
13th July 2008, 04:39
Just because Dixon said it on TV doesn't make it true. I've been watching Scott's driving closely since late last season and he's taking full advantage of the added fuel controls this season. He's racing conservatively and going for very long fuel runs. Very boring to watch IMO and I wish they'd go back to 1-fuel setting. But he's taking full advantage and honestly I think he's got the championship in the bag at this point.

So my guess is that either his team was being misleading with the other teams, or he simply ignored his teams orders. What was not mentioned is that he and Wheldon were perhaps 3-4 yellow laps from running out of fuel, so to some extent he got "the call". I agree with the IRL on this though, would have been lame if they ran another 10 yellow laps for no good reason and screwed up fuel strategies in the process.

icehammer97
13th July 2008, 05:34
The thing about it is if he stops when the rest of the field does even with not the best pit stop he finishes no worse then 5th or 6th which for the championship is fine and he probably would have finished 2nd or 3rd. If the race had gone another 6 or whatever laps and he needs to pit then he is in the back of the pack whatever that was I forget how many cars finished on the lead lap and he loses a large amont of point. Of course it looks like a great call now I just don't think that it was worth the potential points hit. If it was someone like Rahal or even Mutoh then I wouldn't have thought twice but with the points title in the balence it was a VERY risky call.

beachbum
13th July 2008, 11:36
Why does the IRL run here?? Can't pass even to lap a guy. This better not be on the schedule next year.I don't think it would be missed. The Lights put on a good race with some passing, as you point out, the Indy cars basically ran in "lock step".

Breeze
13th July 2008, 17:06
For me, this was without doubt, the least entertaining race of the season, so far. Out side of the cool trophy, what is the point? Yes, the main grand stands were full, thats nice to see, but the race was worse than any road course processional by far.

call_me_andrew
13th July 2008, 20:32
I thought the race was pretty good (rain aside). Perhaps they need to grind the concrete in the turns to create a second groove.