PDA

View Full Version : Last details of the spying saga were sorted out between McLaren and Ferrari

ioan
11th July 2008, 14:27
"In light of the formal closure in December 2007 of the FIA and FIA World Motor Sport Council proceedings against McLaren, and of McLaren's public apology to Ferrari which we have reiterated, Ferrari and McLaren have agreed to bring the various disputes between them in relation to this matter to a final conclusion," said a statement from McLaren.

"McLaren have also agreed to the reimbursement of Ferrari's costs and expenses relating to these matters and a concluding payment."

"Ferrari acknowledges McLaren's reiterated apology for the well known events which occurred during the 2007 F1 Championship and, in the best interests of Formula One and taking into account the formal closure in December 2007 of the FIA and FIA World Motor Sport Council proceedings against McLaren, it confirms that it has accepted to put an end to all outstanding controversies between the two teams," said a statement issued by Ferrari. "Ferrari will donate to charity the concluding payment received from McLaren."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/69043

However:

The Ferrari statement added: "Ferrari will pursue its claims against Nigel Stepney in connection with the matter."

:D

SGWilko
11th July 2008, 14:44
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/69043

However:

Good. They have managed to move on, lets hope this forum can too. What hopes should we have of that happening? Slim to none? :p :

Knock-on
11th July 2008, 15:43
Well, at least things seem to be resolved. For the sake of motorsport, I think Ferrari have done the right thing. They deserve respect for that.

11th July 2008, 16:08
Well, at least things seem to be resolved. For the sake of motorsport, I think Ferrari have done the right thing. They deserve respect for that.

As the 'wronged party' they surely always deserved respect?

The way I read the statements was that it was, in effect, an out-of-court settlement, so I respect Mclaren for finally compensating Ferrari.

I await to see if this respect should ever be given to their modus-operandi. The damage done to the sport by their actions will leave a bitter taste for quite some time.

Knock-on
11th July 2008, 16:23
As the 'wronged party' they surely always deserved respect?

The way I read the statements was that it was, in effect, an out-of-court settlement, so I respect Mclaren for finally compensating Ferrari.

I await to see if this respect should ever be given to their modus-operandi. The damage done to the sport by their actions will leave a bitter taste for quite some time.

Ferrari were wronged and McLaren have paid.

However, no damage was done. Mercedes are still working with McLaren and they haven't lost any sponsors. I thought that was the measure of damage :laugh:

11th July 2008, 16:25

However, no damage was done. Mercedes are still working with McLaren and they haven't lost any sponsors. I thought that was the measure of damage :laugh:

Typical.

It's a laughing matter when it's a serious fraud committed against Ferrari, but a serious issue when it means you have the chance to bash the head of the FIA.

Therefore it is obvious that you condone cheating, fraud and deception.

Good work, but I doubt I would ever shake your hand at the end of an argument for fear you'd steal my watch.

SGWilko
11th July 2008, 16:29
Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :D

It's like watching Prime Ministers bloody question time! ;)

Knock-on
11th July 2008, 16:39
Typical.

It's a laughing matter when it's a serious fraud committed against Ferrari, but a serious issue when it means you have the chance to bash the head of the FIA.

Therefore it is obvious that you condone cheating, fraud and deception.

Good work, but I doubt I would ever shake your hand at the end of an argument for fear you'd steal my watch.

WTF :confused:

If you can't see that I was having a lighthearted just at your draconian definition of what damage is, then I can completely understand your failure to understand reason, subtectivity and rational in a discussion. :p :

Anyway, this is not about Max so back to the subject.

I believe I have applauded Ferrari for their decision, acknowledged they were wronged and confirmed McLaren were at fault. If that means I condone cheating, fraud and deception, then so be it. :D

schmenke
11th July 2008, 17:34
It's bad enough that this thread is a cleverly disguised troll, but it's eventual degredation is typical of the reasons why I rarely visit the F1 boards any more :mark:

11th July 2008, 19:56

Except that Mutua Madrilena did leave Mclaren at the end of the 2007 season.

ioan
12th July 2008, 10:24
It's bad enough that this thread is a cleverly disguised troll, but it's eventual degredation is typical of the reasons why I rarely visit the F1 boards any more :mark:

Just posting news about the apparent end of this affair. Why is that trolling?!
Care to explain yourself?

SGWilko
12th July 2008, 18:27
Except that Mutua Madrilena did leave Mclaren at the end of the 2007 season.

They did indeed. But what was the length of their contract, and where they dependant upon Alonso being a McLaren driver?

veeten
12th July 2008, 19:38
However:

Originally Posted by http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/images/aria/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=0#post0)
The Ferrari statement added: "Ferrari will pursue its claims against Nigel Stepney in connection with the matter."

which is where the whole situation should have been focused on in the first place. The differences in the handling of this matter to that of the incident of previous Ferrari engineering personel 'assisting' Toyota with their program with much of the Maranello concern's technical information.

Basically it seems that Ferrari, not wanting to repeat the situation with Iacconi & Santini (http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns19067.html), were focusing on McLaren rather than Stepney to avoid further embarrassment. Only now, after the whole business has blown over, do they concentrate on the real culprit.

MAX_THRUST
14th July 2008, 08:03
It does seem then that Ferrari have problems in maintaining staff loyallty which is surprising considering how loyal the fans are.

Maybe they are a bad employer, and the workers see a chance to get one over on them. I will never understand how someone so high up can easily hand information over to another party. Ferrari should have spent as much time working on their security as they did in court, then just maybe then this would not have happened, and it isn't like it is the first time.

MAX_THRUST
14th July 2008, 08:04
And recent events with Max have no connection at all to this court case. Yeah, and my mums Madonna!!!

ioan
14th July 2008, 10:31
...Yeah, and my mums Madonna!!!

Lucky you! :D

Knock-on
14th July 2008, 11:25
And recent events with Max have no connection at all to this court case. Yeah, and my mums Madonna!!!

Is there any truth in the rumours? You know, if she's on the Market and all that. I could make myself "availible" if you know what I mean :D