PDA

View Full Version : Massa acknowledges mistake during the opening laps

ioan
11th July 2008, 14:23
"I don't care what other people say, to be honest," he told reporters at Hockenheim. "I know what I have to do, I've won many races this year, and so I don't really care for that."

Massa said that only his first spin at Silverstone was down to driver error, while the others were the result of him being on the wrong tyres for the conditions.

"For sure the first spin was a mistake, definitely, but then every time I was on the track we had the wrong tyres for the conditions," he said. "So I cannot say it was just coming from myself; it was coming from our strategy too.

"We made so many mistakes anyway at Silverstone – we know that, and we are working in every area to not repeat them. It's part of the game. We're not the only team that has made mistakes this year. It's part of the game, and we need to concentrate on the next race.

"The championship is open, we are still in front in the constructors' championship, and so it's nothing to worry about at the moment."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/69035

SGWilko
11th July 2008, 14:53
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/69035

Massa was shafted by his team. Having said that, he should have the balls to tell the team he needed the full wets.

Sleeper
11th July 2008, 15:15
^Massa would have needed the full wets for the entire race then.

Knock-on
11th July 2008, 15:35
Fair play to him for fessing up and not blaming it on the car but if he was on the wrong tyres, then he needs to tell the team that.

I don't know if it's the same at Ferrari but at McLaren, a driver always has the final call.

If it's the same at Marenello, then Massa needs to shoulder some blame otherwise lessons will not be learned.

SGWilko
11th July 2008, 16:34
I don't know if it's the same at Ferrari but at McLaren, a driver always has the final call.

Didn't Lewis say he let the team make the calls this time around? I hope so, because that means they have learned from Shanghai.

In Massa's defence, even if he had monster truck tyres, that car would have been too low! :p :