PDA

View Full Version : BBC will they keep Brundle and Rider?

FIA
10th July 2008, 20:33
Will the BBC try to take Martin Brundle and Steve Rider for the programme next year?

acescribe
10th July 2008, 22:30
Steve Rider is, I believe, under contract to ITV as he also presents some of their other sports, Football especially as well as F1.

As for Martin Brundle, the BBC would be utterly foolish not to bring him along but I bet they dont.....

Mark
11th July 2008, 08:50
They want Brundle but apparently he wants a six figure salary. Which I doubt the BBC is likely to pay.

DezinerPaul
11th July 2008, 08:54
One would think, that a country that has such a strong influence in F1, that they would come up with some better announcers. Speed in the States have had a couple of Englishmen over the years, who are many times better than Allen and Blunder.

AndyRAC
11th July 2008, 09:07
They want Brundle but apparently he wants a six figure salary. Which I doubt the BBC is likely to pay.

But they'll quite happily pay even more for Jonathan Ross, Graham Norton, etc
Need to get their priorities right. Brundle is a must, Rider not so. I've gone off him - the sycophancy to Hamilton is nauseating.

Rallyst3ve
11th July 2008, 09:18
What about Murray Walker for a possible return fair play if he does :D :D :D

DezinerPaul
11th July 2008, 09:30
What about Murray Walker for a possible return fair play if he does :D :D :D

Murry Walker represents ALL that is wrong with F1 ans has to be the second worst announcer of all time, behind Allen! Who picks these guys?

555-04Q2
11th July 2008, 09:34
BBC. Please get Brundle and someone drown Allen please.

Dave B
11th July 2008, 11:09
But they'll quite happily pay even more for Jonathan Ross, Graham Norton, etc
Whether we like it or not, F1 is comparitively a minority sport. Ross gets millions of viewers for his chat and film shows, and his Radio 2 show is extremely popular. Dispite sensationalist headlines in the tabloids he actually represents quite good value.

Anyway, I digress. My money's still on David Croft and Martin Brundle for commentary, DC and Kravitz for analysis, Goodman and Holly Samos in the pits asking Button why he didn't finish yet another race.